• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

Mars-

Smash Champion
Yeah. Notice how marth and roy's graphics are from smash melee while all the already released chars are from brawl.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wanna know the biggest reason you can tell this is fake?

Game n' Watch and ICs are still in it, lol.
Rofl good ****, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next game. However, I don't expect to see young link or doc. I would like to see doc in the next game though.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Rofl good ****, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next game. However, I don't expect to see young link or doc. I would like to see doc in the next game though.
I hear they are combining a lot of characters into one (i.e. Fox and falco/doc and mario. Not sure how factual this is, but i heard they are making Dr.Mario/Raccon Tail Mario/etc. into just the different costumes of mario.

...but really, there is a thread for this stuff n junk, so get out of mine. :p

Juicy Juice

Smash Rookie
Lol alright sry about that but anyways um i dont think i could could get off work but let me see if i can get off again i fuking hate work smash is so much better ill calll u later to find out. And thanks for tips yah that has to be wrong but it is some good editing.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Shout-outs

Lol Yay for fake stuff.

Delayed shout-outs:

Hoefler: Nice stuff with the Marth, sir; you have certainly improved since last time. You've got some nice stuff with Fox too, but overall I believe that your Marth is your best. Keep working that guy up. And we never formed Team HOT Forever. :( "Whoa, HUGE cop aggro!" lol

DaBear: Cool guy, solid Smash player. For some reason, you remind me of 1337 (Ameer) from Ohio. You might not know why, but some other people will. heh The resemblance is uncanny. Anyway, I'm glad that I got to play you in tourney to see where you stand, and quite frankly, I was rather impressed; I will admit that I underestimated you (and that I had no idea you would whip out a Peach on me), but fortunately for me, I don't know how to sand-bag. :) Keep training up, sir, and you'll be in the upper ranks in no time.

Eddie: Solid Fox and Marth, as always. I lost count of the number of times you gimped my recovery with Fox's dsmash. heh Doubles was fun, singles was fun, but I believe Trail is a definite for coming to SMYM. heh He promised me that he would practice, though, so hopefully he pulls through with that. Big C is yours, Eddie.

Chen: Still nice Falco; I dunno how you still keep it in such shape. Good stuff all around, sir. Falco ditto finals are fun, and your new haircut confused me temporarily. heh

JustOwnin: LOL This guy's too funny. When you came in, there was this explosion of sound, and I had no idea what was going on. lol Too funny! You don't have to money-match me anymore, dude, unless you still want to, of course; heck, I didn't even get any friendlies in with you. :( Next time. By the way, Hoefler dislikes not having his gas paid for. heh

Drew: Still a solid all-around player. Teams was too fun, and I just realized that we never really got any singles games in other than our tourney matches. Meh, at least we got three of those. heh Nice Falcon and Fox, strong tech skill, as before, and more than a few smart moves. I like it.

Jim Bob: I think that "Big Tuna" should do it. :) I didn't get to see any of you ISU guys play for any actual length of time, but Hoefler tells me you'll be making it to SMYM, so perhaps we can play there?

Damian: Thanks for hosting again, as well as for the very large glass. lol Still fun, as always, but the pizza was definitely somewhat fail. lol Playing double-mint Fox is too tough (lol), and your double-mint Samus was pretty cool. I enjoyed having a wall of artillery come at me while I can only return fire with a space boot and a little laser. lol Fun stuff. See you Saturday, dude, although at this point I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. IROC roadtrip ftl.

And yeah, I did go Falco all the way. For a change, ya know, from space animal to space animal. I did try to mind-game Peter Chen at the character select screen, but he would have no such trickery. heh Chen's too good.

Mars-

Smash Champion
JustOwnin: LOL This guy's too funny. When you came in, there was this explosion of sound, and I had no idea what was going on. lol Too funny! You don't have to money-match me anymore, dude, unless you still want to, of course; heck, I didn't even get any friendlies in with you. :( Next time. By the way, Hoefler dislikes not having his gas paid for. heh
What happened? Planning on paying his gas money with the money from the MM?

Anyway, this is way too old to be angry about anymore. Any matches recorded?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Mars, there's no reason to be angry. J.O. is actually a funny guy. You're just falling into a forum troll's trap. ^^
Well I have yet to meet him. Most people are better sounding in person then over the internet. An example of this is e-sarcasm.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I was talking about it with some others, and it seems that people had a good time with the little tourney we had, since it wasn't random people walking around playing and getting kicked off setups. The question is do you want to do one of these each weds? Lemme know.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about it with some others, and it seems that people had a good time with the little tourney we had, since it wasn't random people walking around playing and getting kicked off setups. The question is do you want to do one of these each weds? Lemme know.
I hold the idea in high regard.

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
Might not show up tomorrow on the account that I might end up in jail. No worries, I'll OWN the entirity of the chicago law enforcement system then.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Might not show up tomorrow on the account that I might end up in jail. No worries, I'll OWN the entirity of the chicago law enforcement system then.
Rofl that made me laugh. You really are funny if you look at your posts like a joke and not seriously. Roflmao

Zjiin

Smash Master
I found out that pizza place we all like, now closes at 10pm and that's why they wouldnt pick up anymore. I'm ordering pizza at 9pm this week, so be ready.

On a side note, I think Eddie should be in charge of it this week. I don't feel like getting yelled at.

Volake

Smash Rookie
Extra Setup

Hey, I was wondering if I could bring an extra setup. It seems there wasn't much room in the main room of the smashfest, but there seemed to be plenty of extra room in the room across from the bathroom.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hey, I was wondering if I could bring an extra setup. It seems there wasn't much room in the main room of the smashfest, but there seemed to be plenty of extra room in the room across from the bathroom.
That's true. Bring your setup and i'll make sure there is plenty of space for it there. Thanks.

Mars-

Smash Champion
One more week until Mars owns the **** out of this smashfest. That includes you Eddie.

Anyone want to MM my bowser?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm gonna TRY to make it next week. I'll be on spring break, but don't hold your breath. :-D

Trust me, it's not worth holding. You'll be waiting a while, and I might either:

A) Not show up.

or

B) Show up, and suck.

Odds are... B... T_T

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm gonna TRY to make it next week. I'll be on spring break, but don't hold your breath. :-D

Trust me, it's not worth holding. You'll be waiting a while, and I might either:

A) Not show up.

or

B) Show up, and suck.

Odds are... B... T_T
That's okay, Eddie sucks and we welcome him every week.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Too fun, although the venue was a bit warm :p You guys are all too funny. Dillon + Damien is like Abbot and Costello (sp? on various names). Fun Crews. Watch your back Pete, ima beat you one of these days.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Too fun, although the venue was a bit warm :p You guys are all too funny. Dillon + Damien is like Abbot and Costello (sp? on various names). Fun Crews. Watch your back Pete, ima beat you one of these days.
Damian says:

It was like a fawkin sweat box in there.

Juicy Juice

Smash Rookie
Yah it was fun yesterday 4 life for oppents 4 stocks not bad.

DaBear beat me O.o anyways........

I had a couple good matches pizza was awsome i liek waldo's!!!! Get ready to get fuked up when it matters at Show Me Your Moves. Ill prolly hve to versus all the ppl i play normally :-(. But anyways i am out of stuff to say so i better stop typing.

~Juicy Juice out~

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
Me and the authorities came to terms. I give them 180 dollars and promise not to OWN them all, and they give me supreme po' po' power with the ability that goes beyond simply kicking but and taking names like I had been doing before. No, now I get to write up DEEDS OF OWNAGE so that I may have LEGAL DOCUMENTATION of my possession of you kn3wbz!

GET ON MY LEVEL OR GET ARRESTED KN3WBZ!

aND WHO SHALL BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE SUCH A DEED?

. . . Well it was the first person I saw after walking out of the police station. Some kn3wb with a poka dot or something. . . but I digress. . . I shall reword.

WHO OF YOU SHALL BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE SUCH A DEED?!

The answer:

DA BEAR X

Above all other of your peers your insolence has been the most apparant! For hope of defeating JustOwnin is like dropping a feather down a well and waiting to hear a splash! Like ice skating up hill! Like TRYING TO CHOKE WHAT DOESN'T FU CKING BREATHE!

Yet and still week by week you oppose my awesome might! Yet and still week by week you disrespect my sub-bosses (especially The Nothing)! Yet and still week by week you entertain thoughts of victory over such a supreme being such as I! All others know their position: BELOW ME!

For such acts of foolishness you shall, to more of an extent of all others, become my property upon your defeat and signing of the DEED OF OWNAGE!

This shall be settled in a

FIRST TO TEN ENDURANCE MATCH!

Upon your defeat you shall sign the deed of OWNAGE and forever be known as my property! Your new job shall be to herald my awesome might accross the lands whereever you go!

Indeed, you shall make a fine minionated sub-boss in my army!

Of course, if you can somehow bend space, rewrite time, adjust the wheels of destiny, and go against the actual laws of reality and somehow be victorious against me you shall be well compensated in a monetary value that you mortals enjoy so much.

PREPARE FOR THE STORM!!!

"And it shall rain not water, nor hail; not snow, not cats, nor dogs. It shall rain down OWNAGE! And their shall be no umbrella, no raincoat, no shelter, nor home that can shield one from such an undodgible downpoor of doom! And all was OWNED! - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter, OWNed Verse.

QUOTE THE OWNMAN; NEVERMORE!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Heh, I believe you meant breathe, not breath. For the record, I love this guy, hope he shows to the smashfest next wednesday.
Well, if you say he's cool, I gotta believe you. ;-)

Hey, if you're going to this, when do you plan on going, and how long do you intend to stay for? I might wanna carpool with ya. Considering going, and trying to convince Elana to go with too.

EDIT: I can't go next week. It has come to my attention that there is a birthday I must attend.

One of these days, I'll go.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
DA BEAR X
Who me? Lol, I always look forward to a good owning. Best of 19? Heh ill give it a shot. Don't worry about the "monetary compensation", I dont much care for playing for money anyway. Of course if, or rather when, you win I will still have no choice but to become your sub boss, making me a joint sub boss of you and Juice.

Mars-

Smash Champion
He had to edit it to say 10 because he didn't want to get OWNED to bad. Why are you picking on DA BEAR and not me? What the ****, haven't I disrespected you enough?

Top Bottom