• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

([Chicago Area Smashfests]) MELEE ONLY -4-9-09

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Wrong place to post this but I plan on having a smashfest on thursday brawl and melee because I need to practice for seasons beatings. So if anyone is interested post up. Also Latest to stay that day is probably 2 or 3 am because i got to wake up early for the car ride and etc. . . It might start at 4 not sure yet and my info
5748 S Troy st Chicago IL 60629, its about 7 minutes from Zjiin's.
(773) 414-0217 text or call me for more info

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
Oops, sorry.

If anyone plans on heading to my place can anyone bring a small T.V. cause i can only use one and that will be for brawl. I might get a second one for melee. But the extra T.V. can come in handy. And don't forget controls.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm acutally free most of the day today. I'm not trying to take away from D3ltapunk's smashfest, but if anyone is interested in stopping by during the day for some melee, i'd like to record some matches.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
why don't you guys stop by at my place, doesn't seem like im getting much people at all since of late notice and more reasons. There will be melee either way. You only need 1 bus to get here either way lol. I'm starting this at 3 now.

Zjiin

Smash Master
why don't you guys stop by at my place, doesn't seem like im getting much people at all since of late notice and more reasons. There will be melee either way. You only need 1 bus to get here either way lol. I'm starting this at 3 now.
I have stuff to do in the evening, so i just wanted some afternoon practice/recording. Thanks for the invite though.

Fletch

Smash Master
You be up for anything this week Zjiin? I haven't played in a while and wouldn't mind getting some matches in.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, some good ole melee this week in long overdue. I'll see who i can get over and figure out when is a good day for everyone.

Zjiin

Smash Master
All this week during the day i'm free to play anytime, but this Thursday, Eddie is coming over in the evening to play smash and watch Survivor. I'd liek to get a 4th for doubles.

Fletch

Smash Master
I can do Wednesday during the day or tomorrow later in the evening. Thursday is going to be questionable depending on when I head back to school, but I might be around.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I can't do any evenings except for thursday, so weds during the day sounds good. I have some serious work to do if i'm going to get back up to 100% in melee, so i could any practice I can get.

Fletch

Smash Master
Time frame for tomorrow? Also, want to record these? I'd like to watch some of them later, never gotten a chance to watch my matches yet.

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
I can't do any evenings except for thursday, so weds during the day sounds good. I have some serious work to do if i'm going to get back up to 100% in melee, so i could any practice I can get.
Don't worry. When I get back for break, I'll teach you how to play. It's not hard.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
cactuar has the best fox in the nation. i've never seen a better fox than that.

m2k is literally fcuking crazy. he needs a pysch profile. talking to him is like talking to the joker. you don't know what the hells the matter with him. plus, he smells like ****.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
cactuar has the best fox in the nation. i've never seen a better fox than that.

m2k is literally fcuking crazy. he needs a pysch profile. talking to him is like talking to the joker. you don't know what the hells the matter with him. plus, he smells like ****.
You too? Glad I'm not alone in my sentiments:laugh:

cykofox

Smash Ace
lol @ chun.
m2k's fox beasts cactuars though.

so damian are these coming back on wednesday evenings like usual?

cykofox

Smash Ace
lol @ chun.
m2k's fox beasts cactuars though.

so damian are these coming back on wednesday evenings like usual?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
**** that. Watch Cactuar vs Darkrain when its uploaded and tell me its not hard to be that good.
Its not hard to be that good.

All you have to do is beat characters with more priority than you, and recover using Falcon's amazing up+b other pros that know how to edge-guard. You also have to predict and kill your opponent out of a single grab. If you don't they grab you and you lose. :laugh:

nice seeing you at Kansas khepri. I watched some of your singles/doubles matches. You got a ****load better.

khepri

Smash Lord
Its not hard to be that good.

All you have to do is beat characters with more priority than you, and recover using Falcon's amazing up+b other pros that know how to edge-guard. You also have to predict and kill your opponent out of a single grab. If you don't they grab you and you lose. :laugh:

nice seeing you at Kansas khepri. I watched some of your singles/doubles matches. You got a ****load better.
Thank you!! You did a pretty beastly job at the tourney. Too bad we didn't play at all while there.

What I was talking about in Cactuar vs Darkrain was the moment Cactuar just ****ed up Dark's shield by doing n-air shine n-air shine b-air shine u-air shine n-air with such perfection. So beautiful and so difficult to do.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
theres a very small chance ill stop by tomorrow, dont count on it though i got a bunch of papers and garbage to get through

Fletch

Smash Master
No setups or anything needed outside me bringing a controller right? I left all that stuff at school.

khepri

Smash Lord
I would show up if I didn't have so much work to do. I don't think I'm holding anything this weekend but will anyone be free tuesday the 28th? I have a vcr now and a capture card so we'll record everything.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I would show up if I didn't have so much work to do. I don't think I'm holding anything this weekend but will anyone be free tuesday the 28th? I have a vcr now and a capture card so we'll record everything.
I'll try to stop by on the 28th, your crib right? I'm eager to try some of the **** cactuar was doing lol.

Zjiin

Smash Master
If I can, i'll stop by for a bit.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
khepri, what about nov 1st? a sat? we should smash then. i'm still pooped out from 52. my right hand is sore as hell. not only that, i still hear dreamland 64 music in my ears.

also, cactuar inspired me to try out some fox tricks. he showed what you can do with a character that actually has priority.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
khepri, what about nov 1st? a sat? we should smash then. i'm still pooped out from 52. my right hand is sore as hell. not only that, i still hear dreamland 64 music in my ears.

also, cactuar inspired me to try out some fox tricks. he showed what you can do with a character that actually has priority.

falco/marth/sheik do not have priority?

Top Bottom