• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check this sh*t out. (a Chain Jacket glitch)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So I was doing some RNDM matches and only using the Chain.
I do this to improve my Chain tech skill so that I can one day chain lock 100% of the time.

However, today I found something very weird. Something that NO one has ever seen before.
Gentlemen, I present to you the next step in Chain Jacketing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVK_8vgXK6c

It is not useful right now.
However, this goes to show that we have barely scratched the surface of the Chain Jacket.
I want to know why I once had a reverse hit box. I want to know if we can detach hit boxes.
I want to know if we can fuse the bloody thing to Sheik.
There are other ways to glitch this glitch. We have just got to find them.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Chain is so weird and has all of these weird glitches.....and to think it's still generally useless lol.

saviorslegacy

Chain is so weird and has all of these weird glitches.....and to think it's still generally useless lol.
It's not useless.
It can lock, camp, jack wind for a guard, jack tipper for a kill, punish bad spacing, small pivot+ chain= punish even disjoints and it can be used to screw some people off stage.

Far from useless my friend.
The cool thing is, we will probably find even more uses for it soon.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
However, this goes to show that we have barely scratched the surface of the Chain Jacket.
I want to know why I once had a reverse hit box. I want to know if we can detach hit boxes.
I remember one time I was playing Ness. I used either his up smash or his down smash. I believe I got hit or something (can't remember because it was about a year ago), but what happened was the yo-yo stayed out and followed me, swinging around depending on how I moved around. I believe it had a hitbox of its own, too. Then, when I tried up smashing/down smashing again, the glitch went away.

Maybe this can happen to Sheik's chain?

saviorslegacy

I remember one time I was playing Ness. I used either his up smash or his down smash. I believe I got hit or something (can't remember because it was about a year ago), but what happened was the yo-yo stayed out and followed me, swinging around depending on how I moved around. I believe it had a hitbox of its own, too. Then, when I tried up smashing/down smashing again, the glitch went away.

Maybe this can happen to Sheik's chain?
I believe that it can.

Also, that glitch is triggered when you are attacked during a certain time when you are charging the yo-yo.
It does have a hit box BTW.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9KGybiCHo

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wait, you don't know what the chain jacket glitch does? It places hitboxes of your last attack before the chain in very specific locations. In particular, the hitboxes of her dsmash jacket and strong bair jacket don't really make sense (dsmash hitboxes are all over the place, strong bair hitboxes are rather far behind her and reach under the stage, past the range of the actual bair) but are always in the same place relative to Sheik.

Judo777

Smash Master
So I was doing some RNDM matches and only using the Chain.
I do this to improve my Chain tech skill so that I can one day chain lock 100% of the time.

However, today I found something very weird. Something that NO one has ever seen before.
Gentlemen, I present to you the next step in Chain Jacketing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVK_8vgXK6c

You realize that u are saying u are training urself to be perfect......which is impossible lol no one can do something 100% of the time. Also i wouldnt ever use the blanket statement that NO one has ever seen this because u dont know that lol.

On a side note i have never seen the chain jacket a tipper upsmash. And im still not convinced that wind jacking edge guarding is useful because it doesnt push them back far enough.

saviorslegacy

Wait, you don't know what the chain jacket glitch does? It places hitboxes of your last attack before the chain in very specific locations. In particular, the hitboxes of her dsmash jacket and strong bair jacket don't really make sense (dsmash hitboxes are all over the place, strong bair hitboxes are rather far behind her and reach under the stage, past the range of the actual bair) but are always in the same place relative to Sheik.
I do know what it does. -_-

FSmash is also really weird.
I think I jacketed a weak Bair. BTW, notice how in the vid he gets sucked up off of the ground and then gets pushed above Sheik. After that he turns multiple times as if getting hit from all directions.
You realize that u are saying u are training urself to be perfect......which is impossible lol no one can do something 100% of the time. Also i wouldnt ever use the blanket statement that NO one has ever seen this because u dont know that lol.

On a side note i have never seen the chain jacket a tipper upsmash. And im still not convinced that wind jacking edge guarding is useful because it doesnt push them back far enough.
Well, 100% is an over exaguration.
I want to be able to do it as well as ADHD can glide toss. More literally, about close to that.
I can lock a Marth when he is trying to DS out of it though.

Ima use that statement because no one has ever posted it.
If someone claims they have seen it then I'll got on them for not telling us.

If you see a stray projectile simply USmash into it.
If you time it right the projectile will stop the 2 hit from coming out. Then Jack the tipper.
I have tried it, but missed the jack. If I would have been able to jack it I would have a record of doing it like 5 times now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you see a stray projectile simply USmash into it.
If you time it right the projectile will stop the 2 hit from coming out. Then Jack the tipper.
I have tried it, but missed the jack. If I would have been able to jack it I would have a record of doing it like 5 times now.
I really don't think it works like that.

gm jack

Smash Lord

So long as it is between them and the ledge, they can't grab it. And it may not be 100%, but it should be close enough to that so that it is something to count on when it matters.

saviorslegacy

I really don't think it works like that.
Ryoko told me that, "The Chain jackets the last hit box that Sheik has produced."
SL (me), "Can you jacket the tipper hit box of USmash?"
Ryoko, "Yes, if she is interrupted before she uses the second hit."

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I still don't think it works like that, but I'll wait for a definitive test of it.

Judo777

Smash Master
So long as it is between them and the ledge, they can't grab it. And it may not be 100%, but it should be close enough to that so that it is something to count on when it matters.
Dont get me wrong guys im not trying to be a nay sayer or anything I just dont like over hype. If it really works and u can make it work in matches then props to you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only similarity between the old Yoyo glitch and Sheik's Chain jacket is Ness's ability to "jacket" hitboxes of other attacks.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
You just jacket the hit box.
Haha, no, I mean, is it effective? I'd think that it would be really effective because of low knock-back and good damage, but then I'd also think that someone would have thought of it by now, so it probably isn't that amazing.

J4pu

Smash Champion
according to the chain jacket thread (which I just read today for the first time) you can't jacket projectiles (except sheik's final smash apparently)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If I could jack on a consistent basis I would actually bother with this....Saviors can you make a vid so I can kind of get an idea for the timing?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tbh i just haven't ever bothered lol. Might change though I could see some uses for it.

Judo777

Smash Master
looked like a "lost needles" chain jacket
Hes exactly right Im guessing the first chain didn't matter cause it didnt come out yet. You know when throw are interrupted before throwing needles the needles go up in the air and fall down in a vertical column. You can see this happen in the vid right before the first chain came out. Bbecause the first chain didnt come out it jacketed the falling needles hitbox.

saviorslegacy

If I could jack on a consistent basis I would actually bother with this....Saviors can you make a vid so I can kind of get an idea for the timing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzABnFohLM -_-
Look at the date.
Hes exactly right Im guessing the first chain didn't matter cause it didnt come out yet. You know when throw are interrupted before throwing needles the needles go up in the air and fall down in a vertical column. You can see this happen in the vid right before the first chain came out. Bbecause the first chain didnt come out it jacketed the falling needles hitbox.
Funny that you mention that I jacked the falling needle's hit box because that was mentioned last night.

ps IDK whatSushi dude or who ever say. I have jacked Needle's before.
In fact I done it today.

Judo777

Smash Master
So i did some testing the other day and I got alot done. I am fairly good at getting chain jacket to work (like 30% consistent) and SL and innocent roads are right you can jacket a tipper upsmash (although its very hard to only get the tipper hitbox to come out). I was able to almost completely replicate the glitch that Saviors was talking about the only difference was it wasnt as high off the ground and it was still ding damage. It was infact sheik dropping her needles.

On a side note Needles have an interesting chain jacket it acts like the grounded chain except above her and right on top of her are hitboxes that send ur oppoenent behind you and sometimes above and away. She also has hitboxes below and behind her a little ways. Ut was very starnage and i got slightly different results on 2 different pccaison where i threw a fully charged needel storm.

But yea tipper upsmash can be jacketed although to be honest i dont think it could ever happen in a match on prupose i had to sit ther and have samus shoot uncharged plasma beams about 7 or 8 times to get it lol.

saviorslegacy

So i did some testing the other day and I got alot done. I am fairly good at getting chain jacket to work (like 30% consistent) and SL and innocent roads are right you can jacket a tipper upsmash (although its very hard to only get the tipper hitbox to come out). I was able to almost completely replicate the glitch that Saviors was talking about the only difference was it wasnt as high off the ground and it was still ding damage. It was infact sheik dropping her needles.

On a side note Needles have an interesting chain jacket it acts like the grounded chain except above her and right on top of her are hitboxes that send ur oppoenent behind you and sometimes above and away. She also has hitboxes below and behind her a little ways. Ut was very starnage and i got slightly different results on 2 different pccaison where i threw a fully charged needel storm.

But yea tipper upsmash can be jacketed although to be honest i dont think it could ever happen in a match on prupose i had to sit ther and have samus shoot uncharged plasma beams about 7 or 8 times to get it lol.
Interesting... Ima see if Needle's have a hit box when dropped by using the hit bubble hack.

Pretty much.....
I have attempted it against Mario because the Fire Balls are slow enough that you can time it about right.
I have also attempted against Yoshi and Falco. However, I always fail to jack it. lol

ps We are breaking a chain jacket rule here.
I hope we don't find multiple ways to freeze the game. -_-

:EDIT:
When dropping the Needle's there is no hit box of any kind.

legion598

Smash Ace
ness's death line and jacket glitches werent even that useful in real melee matches. the only player ive seen use it in matches was sind and even then he used it very sparingly. that being said, ness' jacket was far more useful than chain jacket and still was not that useful. I dont see the chain jacket becoming a solution to any problem that isnt already solved through more practical means.

Judo777

Smash Master
Interesting... Ima see if Needle's have a hit box when dropped by using the hit bubble hack.

Pretty much.....
I have attempted it against Mario because the Fire Balls are slow enough that you can time it about right.
I have also attempted against Yoshi and Falco. However, I always fail to jack it. lol

ps We are breaking a chain jacket rule here.
I hope we don't find multiple ways to freeze the game. -_-

:EDIT:
When dropping the Needle's there is no hit box of any kind.
Are you sure that the hack would work for dropped needles cause at that point they might be considered like an item or something and i know warios bike hitbox cant be displayed for that reason.

J4pu

Smash Champion
just test it normally real quick, use a slow attack like mario's fireball with one controller, use sheik's fully charge needles right when it hits you so that they get lost, and have your other character in the spot where he would get hit by them (like on a platform in bf).

should be easy enough to see if it has a hitbox or not

Top Bottom