• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check out this Fox! (GTMN vs Kaji)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Decent fox...Nair to shine more..grab upthrow upair more..It's obviouse you have some tech skill but your opponent kinda just let you do everything to him >_>.

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, ecarlson05 but i used to think the C stick was cheap, but after i started clawing, the C stick makes everything easier. Why not make everything as easy as you can on yourself so you can focus more on strategy and mindgames than worrying about making sure you do an up smash than an up tilt? Makes sense to me.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Not too impressive, but Good Tech Skill. But your opponent didn't seem to be the Right opponent...

ecarlson05

Smash Rookie
Just my opinion and opinions of those I play with that C-Stick is cheap. Maybe it is not the general opinion of choice on this board, but it takes much more skill to land a hit, do a throw, whatever and combo that into a smash doing it the real way than just tapping up on the C-Stick. I am far from a super great player, and the video looked good and all. But it would be impossible to do a smash that fast after some other combo without the C-Stick.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Just my opinion and opinions of those I play with that C-Stick is cheap. Maybe it is not the general opinion of choice on this board, but it takes much more skill to land a hit, do a throw, whatever and combo that into a smash doing it the real way than just tapping up on the C-Stick. I am far from a super great player, and the video looked good and all. But it would be impossible to do a smash that fast after some other combo without the C-Stick.
This post enrages me. It's my friend's birthday today, please don't get me angry.

Read the bolded statement. Why would you NOT use the C-stick if that's true? I don't even feel I need to bring up any pro-Cstick arguements since you yourself mentioned one better then anything I have.

As for the match, that Fox's tech skill is fun to watch, but as already been said, he's not terrific otherwise. That Peach just kind of...let him hit her.

You can tell he understands the concept of prediction and deceit, and is trying to apply it though. With some more experience, he'll be a good player. Keep it up!

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Unless your thumb is constantly on the c-stick and you get around by forward smashing, you have nothing to be sorry for.

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
This post enrages me. It's my friend's birthday today, please don't get me angry.

Read the bolded statement. Why would you NOT use the C-stick if that's true? I don't even feel I need to bring up any pro-Cstick arguements since you yourself mentioned one better then anything I have.

As for the match, that Fox's tech skill is fun to watch, but as already been said, he's not terrific otherwise. That Peach just kind of...let him hit her.

You can tell he understands the concept of prediction and deceit, and is trying to apply it though. With some more experience, he'll be a good player. Keep it up!
Dude, i see where you are coming from, i used to be the same way, but why making things harder on yourself? and what do you mean the real way? If the developers of Smash didn't want the C stick to be used they could have simply kept it as a zoom feature. It like using a different configuration of buttons. if you change the config. in a game like fight night or halo or something, does that mean you are being cheap?

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
**** , i ment to quote Ecarlson05's thing.

"Just my opinion and opinions of those I play with that C-Stick is cheap. Maybe it is not the general opinion of choice on this board, but it takes much more skill to land a hit, do a throw, whatever and combo that into a smash doing it the real way than just tapping up on the C-Stick. I am far from a super great player, and the video looked good and all. But it would be impossible to do a smash that fast after some other combo without the C-Stick."

ecarlson05

Smash Rookie
Dude, i see where you are coming from, i used to be the same way, but why making things harder on yourself? and what do you mean the real way? If the developers of Smash didn't want the C stick to be used they could have simply kept it as a zoom feature. It like using a different configuration of buttons. if you change the config. in a game like fight night or halo or something, does that mean you are being cheap?
My opinion is they put it there for people who just started the game and were not able to do the smash effectively the other way.

Call we wrong, or disagree or whatever, but I see it as cheap and somewhat cheating.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
My opinion is they put it there for people who just started the game and were not able to do the smash effectively the other way.

Call we wrong, or disagree or whatever, but I see it as cheap and somewhat cheating.
i believe the c-stick is just another config of button controls like stated. it doesnt only do smash attacks btw its also used for aerials O_O

if u think its so cheap, try using the c-stick urself and win every match using it

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

What a scrub mentality... How could something be cheating that is part of the control scheme? Doing a smash attack is easy either way. Also its stupid to think that they just put the c-stick in to make things easier...most noobs don't even know that you can charge a smash attack using the c-stick... The things we do are so hard to do that saying the c-stick is cheap is funny as hell. I use the c-stick for all my arieals but nair...

ecarlson05

Smash Rookie
What a scrub mentality... How could something be cheating that is part of the control scheme? Doing a smash attack is easy either way. Also its stupid to think that they just put the c-stick in to make things easier...most noobs don't even know that you can charge a smash attack using the c-stick... The things we do are so hard to do that saying the c-stick is cheap is funny as hell. I use the c-stick for all my arieals but nair...
I don't see why you need to bring insults into it. It is just how my friends and I used to play and we determined it to be cheap. I am far from a pro, or even in the same league as you guys, I don't know what half the acronyms you guys use even mean, so back the hell off.
Maybe if it is ok in the pro/acronym Melee world then I am wrong. But it is an opinion, and a much easier/quicker way to do smashes, so for that reason I feel that it is cheap.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
If i could use the C stick for N air I would.
LOL it would be like the PS2 analog the "R3" button.

Realx guys that's just ecarlson's opinion, that's his way of thinking I mean Aniki didn't see the WD useful on his gameplay and he PWNs whithout it, and ecarlson it's all against the C-stick well let him punish people who do use it, or/and get pounded himself for not using it.

But it' not cheap it's easier. For example you can Float cancel w/ Peach forward and spamming Bairs thanx to the C-stick, also do the side B staller with Fox and Falco easier (or less harder) with the C-stick and SHFFL'ing U-airs with Fox is way hell easier thanx to the C-stick.

It's all good

Easy isn't equivilant to cheap.

The C-stick is good for correcting most complications that occur when you use the Joy-stick.

A good example would be for mario when has to use his SH Uair techniques(Short Hop Upward Aerial).The C-stick allows him to use them constantly,without the fear of using another jump.

You need to gain more knowledge before you speak up on matters that you assume are cheap.

Lose the scrub attitude.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
C-stick is very important in peach fighting so you can jump one way and throw another way, not to mention using X/Y is a "cheap" way of jumping, not to mention that the Z button is a "cheap" way of grabbing instead of L/R + A being used so really if you argue the c-stick being cheap you have to argue other buttons similar to it are cheap as well

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Stop complaining about things being cheap. CHEAP=GOOD. If you like winning, you should be as cheap as possible. Cheap wins the game. end of story.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
if your talking to me im for using the C-stick i was just making him look more an idiot by pointing out "cheap" things

Miharu

Smash Hero
I don't see why you need to bring insults into it. It is just how my friends and I used to play and we determined it to be cheap. I am far from a pro, or even in the same league as you guys, I don't know what half the acronyms you guys use even mean, so back the hell off.
Maybe if it is ok in the pro/acronym Melee world then I am wrong. But it is an opinion, and a much easier/quicker way to do smashes, so for that reason I feel that it is cheap.
You should be the one backing the hell off, and taking into consideration what the circumstances are before you choose to say anything rash.

I don't understand your justification of the c-stick as being "cheap." How is it? Everyone can use it, those who choose not to are just limiting themselves.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Alright, I give you a challenge. Go play a match with fox and SHFFL 3 Uairs in a row, without the c-stcik or x/y buttons(if c-stick is cheap, so must be buttons that let you shorthop easier). I want that vid posted

Brookman

Smash Hero
Not too impressive, but Good Tech Skill. But your opponent didn't seem to be the Right opponent...
Keep practicing. You mess up short hops often and your wavedashing is sloppy. I didn't even watch the video for more than 30 seconds because it was just going to be the same thing over and over. Slow down a bit so your movement isn't so choppy, practice being smooth.

Alright, I give you a challenge. Go play a match with fox and SHFFL 3 Uairs in a row, without the c-stcik or x/y buttons(if c-stick is cheap, so must be buttons that let you shorthop easier). I want that vid posted
Shut the **** up. If he thinks using the c-stick is cheap let him. your post was so obnoxious, what's the point of it? That really goes for everyone, stop spamming this thread with stpid arguments about the c-stick.

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
thanks everyone for your advice and C stick comments i guess. I will now come back to school and perfect my game using Kajitora as my practice dummy.

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
And Kaji, just becuase you have more posts than me does not mean anything about your skill. But hopefully youo'll be putting up videos of you kicking my ***.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
those seem to never get recorded or end up in the recycle bin for some reason or like that one time you just have a temper tantrum and kicked everyone of your gamecube so you could practice LOL

Sides i have decent skill for someone who doesn't even own a GC or Wii ... yet besides you know im on a busy schedule

P.S. some of the people that make it into some of the more exclusive parts of smashboards aren't pros themselves but actually are Smash genuiss' so skill alone won't do much here on smashboards my friend

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
when was this so called temper tantrum? when all 3 of you guys decided to jump me in a free for all match? that sounds more like you guys. I would wait till brawl to become this smash genius. this information won't be very helpfull soon. But, maybe it will suck, and everyone will keep playing Melee. Doubt it though.

Kajitora

Smash Apprentice
you don't remeber the time you suddenly cut us off from the GC so you could practice?! some how its no surprise to me, and considering that SSBM is the second largest in video game tourneys i doubt it'll just become a once thought of game when brawl comes out

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
You're good, and your tech skill is pretty solid.
Just practice with more people if you get the chance.
Experience means better mindgames.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol very flashy fox so flashy my eyes were starting to hurt but to be honest there is better thing to do than be flashy like down throwing a peach and down smashing lol u throw uair and the hole thing of waveshineing to short hop dair to shine and welll repeating the procces over and over lol after a waveshine just grab up threw to uair it works very well and will kill very fast

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
okay, i will try to focus more on getting the kill than being flashy. I feel sorry for Kaji when i get back to school, i hope you learned alot.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Actually if you can pull it off, by all means go for drillshine infinite ending with a usmash kill. It's more guaranteed than uthrow uair.

Top Bottom