• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check out my Jiggs?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey Seibrik.

I don't really bother with the jiggs forums at all. But I'm decent and I understand a lot of match ups. I was doing well with him in friendlies last gigs. I was going to try it against your rob actually and test how good that match up is.

Yeah so your main problem seemed like approaching. I know you are smart and can follow up after so...

I don't think you used down air once, think wario with it you can jump in with it if only to pressure shields. sets up for rests and all that junk builds decent damage.

I saw you approaching with nair you got a grab out of it once, but fair and bair are way better, I try to save fair for kills though, experiment, do what ever. Your main objective is sheild poking with jiggs, it isn't hard between pound and dair most characters keave huge open spots, just bair those and you have a nice aerial gane there for ya.

Pound is ****, good sheild stun that can only really be reacted to by shield grabs and OOS arieals. Aim for the top of people so they can't gra you out of it when you do it. If they lack strong OOS areials, falco has bair but I don't think you'll have to worry about it unless you are behind him.

jiggs actually has a half decent ground game through grabs. Jiggs has a great reverse grab and a good dash grab that covers a good amount of distance. you can use these to beat aerial appoaches.

and of course dash attack. jigg's best ground attack (the others smashes included aren't worth using IMO, spare the utilt and dsmash punishers) dash attack comes out frame 4 covers huge distance during that time. it's better than sheiks. You can use it out of dair in place of rest at lower percents or when you misjudge smash DI even, it will kill or set up for edge gaurds.

Oh, your welcome.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
based on ur grab game i mean, jiggz, believe it or not, is slower on the ground then D3. using backflips and fastfalling is a good tactic but u shouldn't be walking a lot. jiggz is all about setups meaning u need to force ur opponent at all times (assuming their smart). jiggz dash dance is beastly btw

PND

Smash Champion
It looks like you need to work on spacing you aerials. She has ridiculous maneuverability, you were hitting him (of hitting his shield) and hanging out in this range. . . don't do that. You have to hit and run constantly, get in, get out. If he starts to excessively spotdodge, use pound.

Great job with the grabs. Good offstage presence as well, I like that.

The first thing is the biggest, learn her aerials. No disrespect, but they looked absolutely clumsy to me. I know you're better than that, jsut unfamiliar with her. You want to always be hitting with the tip of the moves.

Also, you were approaching a bit too straightforwardly. Wokr on jumping in and baiting your opponent, eat through their reaction with pound. Slowly advance with airdodges and crouches, and be prepared to jump high up and wait it out. Patience is rewarded with Jiggs, she does exceptional numerical damage and kills early, you don't always need to be the aggressor to be successful with her.

It's hard against Falco because of lasers limiting your options and forcing you to approach a bit a slower, so I'd love to see some vids against other opponents, I think I could give a bit better advice if I saw you on a character that allowed you to be a bit, how shall I say, freeform.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Didn't watch the entire thing (don't judge me!) but from what I saw it seems like you approached the same way a lot. You were always moving towards him. Every time you jumped, you moved towards him. You gotta bait him. Make him think you're going to approach, then back off. Don't be embarrassed if you don't do anything. Make him guess when this time is gonna be the "real" approach. Get the reach of the bair down, then SH a bair towards him and immediately retreat. Bait him. Hate him. Grate him. Mate him. Skate him. Trait him. Ok now I'm not actually saying anything useful.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Just jump around and use bair. It kills people without matchup experience because they don't know how to get around the reach of your bair. The only problem with your playing style against Falco, was that you always knocked him really far away from you at some pretty bad times. His laser ***** your air game, so you want to stale your bair really hard so you can keep him somewhat close while you're playing him.

Start to juggle a lot more. Her uair is great for juggling, especially against spacies.

Btw, if you want to play Jiggz seriously, I would suggest picking up Wario instead. :/

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Ok... U used dthrow too much. It stales like any other moves so mix other throws in, they all do good damage. fsmash is horrible, dont use it. (Use it less) Also, like every1 else said learn to space your aerials better. Don't use an aerial unless you're pretty dam sure it'll hit them or their shield, because if u use it early and miss you look like a fool while you eat an fsmash. Nair is good for gimping vs falco and bair and dair are sex. Try to save fair for kills because it looked like you had a hard time killing him. If your fair is fresh it kills him near the edge at like 80%, and at like 120 in the middle of the stage and at like 50 offstage. It really is her best kill tool along with dash attack. Also, SH dair to grab is ****. But yes, falco is a hard matchup for jiggs so don't be discouraged.

lain

Smash Master
I know, Florida's too good. I'll come down there one day and everything will be ridiculously pro and sexy.

Top Bottom