• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest character in the game

Retrorocket

Smash Rookie
Pit. His side special is annoying, has the best recovery, and his arrows can even change in direction in mid-air. I don't really think he's cheap, but these moves can be annoing.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I don't think any character or anybody is "cheap". Even though a lot of moves can be spammed to cause irritation, anything can be countered and saying it is cheap is just an excuse for not being skilled enough.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Pit and Meta Knight. They'll lose unless they ARE cheap. I have yet to see a Pit or Meta Knight user win without spamming Angel Ring or Mach Tornado.

Ichida

Smash Ace
ike, abusing his smashes and specials pretty much dominates wifi matches.
Cheap = moves that are annoying, rapid, and relatively inescapable = Pit and Meta Knight. Ike, as a heavy-type, can be sidestepped, blocked, or countered easily as all his moves are slow. XD

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
ike, abusing his smashes and specials pretty much dominates wifi matches.
You mean 'dominates' as in 'is the prevalent strategy used by the masses of n00bs', not 'dominates' as in 'wins', right? Every single Ike I have ever encountered playing With Anyone has exactly four moves, in order of decreasing usage.

1. F-smash
2. Aether
3. U-smash
4. Quick Draw

Things lacking from their gameplay:

1. Basic A attack
2. Tilts
3. D-smash
4. Eruption/Counter
5. Dodging
6. Grabs
7. Shielding
8. Anything else that would indicate a minimal grasp of the character's playstyle

They're so simple it's pathetic.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
G&W by far... dair and dsmash are broken as hell...
THANK YOU. Thank god someone said this before I finished reading the 6th page.

First off, Pit's neutral ground A's are fast and knockback somewhat. Side B is annoying, but easily avoided with DI. Pit is somewhat cheap.

But I'd have to say the cheapest is G&W. He can attack after his Up-B, preferably a dair, followed by the ridiculous range of his dsmash. Oh, the dair has no delay on it at all I might add.

Broken. Done. Profit.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
i'm guessing everyone can be cheap depending on a move that has high priority and that owns you alot. Even if it's cheap theres nothing you can do but deal with it/get around it =/

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Pit is the cheapest...

He probably wouldnt be that cheap if people that used him didnt continue to use the smae move (and rack up damage)
but in my eyes a cheap character ttakes no skill to play as (PIT)
He's almost as overplayed as Ike (dare I say it)

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
To all those defending Pit: Please, give me a method as to how I escape his side B. Because every time it's asked I get the ****ty "me too" answer of "DI".

DI where? I've DI to, away (only to have it moved right back in my face), up and down. I've moved away to chuck things at it, only to have it reflected. I tried going over to Dair him, only to take a Usmash to the face. Share your amazing strategy. It sounds like whatever Pit you played never gave you enough "Hiyayayayayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That and Toon Link. Though I like the little ******* now, he's near Olimar tiny, spams projectiles easy, has good speed for your typical dash attack spammer, and has good prioroty.

Future

Smash Rookie
to be honest, I dont see a character that is just completely cheap and unbearable to play against... Pit can seem cheap but if you catch him in the air with the wings, he's basically done... every character seems to have some great strong points and some mega weak points as well... they did a good job with Brawl characters imo.

Ichida

Smash Ace
To all those defending Pit: Please, give me a method as to how I escape his side B. Because every time it's asked I get the ****ty "me too" answer of "DI".

DI where? I've DI to, away (only to have it moved right back in my face), up and down. I've moved away to chuck things at it, only to have it reflected. I tried going over to Dair him, only to take a Usmash to the face. Share your amazing strategy. It sounds like whatever Pit you played never gave you enough "Hiyayayayayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The answer they gave is correct. DI the same direction Pit is facing, ie away from him. You'll escape it faster than DIing towards him. If you get caught in it again it just means you're not fast enough. Like I said, Pit is a character who HAS to be cheap to have a CHANCE. If you can't counter that kind of strategy you need to re-evaluate your tactics.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
Marie, that Death note sigy is the coolest. mad props. BUT!
has anyone been able to make a strong case for Ike? thats my personal least favorite character.
Hes insanely powerful, and his HUGE sword makes a gigantic reach for his incredible smashes. and you would think, oh if i can just get him into a sudden death, ill be fine. cos im fox right? hes to fast to be killed by someone as slow as Ike. Oh but wait, Ike has been equipped with an over B that is really fast AND its chargeable.... hmmm
not only that, but his counter keeps quick attacks at bay, his up B racks up damage and off balences you like nobodys business, and his Reg B surrounds him in flame, effectively shielding him from most physical attacks. plus when he uses most any of his smash attacks, he swings all they way around his body. this means you dont even have to face you opponenet most of the time. its ok with like Link, who has like two surrounding attacks, but Ike has like 7. now he sounds like a good person to use, but noobs can pick up the controller and mess around with him and noob his attacks, edgeguard, and BAM you sukas dead. I dislike Ike because ive never met a non noobing Ike player.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im going to have to say Pit and ROB as the most annoying. Everyone is spamable (mario's fire ball, Dedede's side B) But Pit's and ROB's side B is top of the spam list. You play a Pit player, your bound to see arrows flying and your face being melted off by his side B. Then ROB, he runs at you, you still dodge, side b, you fly, laser'ed, side B again.
Ive had no problems with Olimar and his pikmin possy, use Lucario, down B the flying sucker, double team takes care of it, punting the pikmin and setting you up for a combo.

xjamz650

Smash Rookie
I am the Cheapest character to use

Moves can be abused and can be considered cheap: Pit psh arrows that can make an S, a flying link w/out bombs, Toon Link can be perrrty cheap, get caught in a Snake trap and you could be juggled for years, but maybe you just faced a good Smash player lol or take a good lesson from a wise player "Just dont get hit"!?!?! Smash or not to Smash?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the record, ike is garbage just because his moves are just TOO GD SLOW. nobody can really use the counter effectively. this might be because since most of his move need to be started wayyy ahead of time, its easy to mindgame ppl into using it early. and in keeping with his slow nature it takes forever. ive even punished a counter with a DDD forward smash. so if D3 isnt cheap or broken that takes a lot of chars. right out of the discussion.
ive played pit and yes his side b and arrows are really stupid and spamable and to be honest he flies better than kirby which no one in this game should be able to do. so yes pit is cheap.
and to be honest, im afraid to play Mk, i seen him played and im afraid that ill get addicted to the power and the simplicity that goes into owning with meta. its just too easy. sure hes light but youll never have to worry about getting hit or dying while spamming any of his specials, jabs, airs, or tilts, and his throws are beast too. and another thing about MK, everyone says he has no kill moves, but he has like the best up-b in the game and the knockback is crasy

snake is definitly a powerful character, but like what was mentioned earlier if a snake beats you you know he put in a lot of time and effort in order to get that good and he proly doesnt have any other char. cause thats the kind of deovtion he requires

and do i really have to bring this up.... marth+ tippers+ forward air+ fruity little homo haircut= OP'd stupid horrid character.

and lastly everything that comes out of ROB and Toon Link is just REDICULOUSLY overpowered

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Eh... I'd say a skilled Toon Link is more broken than a skilled Pit or Metaknight. Olimar comes close.

Assuming cheapness is a noob's spamming and abuse of a character, I'd have to say Pikachu, Marth, or Pit. Everyone else is easily punishable.

Corigames

Smash Hero

Roll behind him and punish the liong cool-down on the move ;/

Wow, I thought for 1/2 a second and got you an answer.

Plus, I've had plenty of people put up their shield and GRAB ME out of the attac kwhile they are still in it. Punching the spinning ring willstop it OR STOP IT AND HIT ME.

People complain about it being too good but you do nothing to stop it, so why would they not use it?

Corigames

Smash Hero

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY PIT HAS THE BEST RECOVERY?!?!?!?!?!?!
Go into Stage Builder.

Make a new stage (largest size).

Place one 1x1 block in the bottom-left corner and one in the top-right corner.

Pit can travel from the bottom left of the screen to the top right and still have enough air for about 2 more blocks of horizontal distance. Without gliding.

There's your explanation.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Let me start by saying, you guys must be under the impression that said Pit used Side B and held it in my face, and I went "OMG I CAN'T WIN".

If you managed to gather that from my post, congrats, you're a ******. The point was that the move is hard to punish due to it pratically putting a giant shield in front of pit. Only characters with disjointed hitboxes have a fair time with this.

And I don't wanna main Marth.
Roll behind him and punish the liong cool-down on the move ;/
Dsmash. Or run.

Good one.

Honestly, the cool down isn't that bad. Good enough to start, and begin camping the arrows again. And unless you play with good roll characters like shiek, you're likely to be caught mid roll.

Sorry, I tried all the obvious ones.

+2 Pit is gay.

Plus, I've had plenty of people put up their shield and GRAB ME out of the attac kwhile they are still in it. Punching the spinning ring willstop it OR STOP IT AND HIT ME.
P-R-I-O-R-I-T-Y?

Canceling the move only rewards you with an Fsmash or an arrow to the face anyway. As far as grabbing, they must have been mighty close. Poking with the move is most effective. The gayest (most effective) Pit is never close.

The answer they gave is correct. DI the same direction Pit is facing, ie away from him. You'll escape it faster than DIing towards him. If you get caught in it again it just means you're not fast enough. Like I said, Pit is a character who HAS to be cheap to have a CHANCE. If you can't counter that kind of strategy you need to re-evaluate your tactics.
Playing Dedede.....not so much. I only DI'ed toward for expermintal purposes. And to attempt to shieldgrab.

Counter cheapness? What do I need to re-evaluate. Please, go to a tourny. Seeing your sig's character, you should know more than anyone: Camping is Brawl's most prevelant strategy.

r u kidding me? if u get ***** by pits side b, please quit brawl lol
Cheap =/= ****. Remember the fuggin thread topic.

"R u kiddin me? if u can't spell your own trashy flamebait halfway correctly, pleas quit internet lol"

pirkid

Smash Lord
definitely pit hands down.
Superstarmario wins for epic laugh and arguments.

Way to not contribute anything.

I find Olimar incredibly cheap, only because one of my close friends is an Olimar main. His Pikmin throws and grab skills are amazing. Planning which Pikmin to use (Blue for grabs, Purple for smashes and close grabs, white for throwing, red and yellow for aerials) take a lot of thinking, IMHO. Of course, this doesn't make him cheap, I'm just saying that he's an amazing character with a a ton of untapped potential.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Superstarmario wins for epic laugh and arguments.

Way to not contribute anything.

I find Olimar incredibly cheap, only because one of my close friends is an Olimar main. His Pikmin throws and grab skills are amazing. Planning which Pikmin to use (Blue for grabs, Purple for smashes and close grabs, white for throwing, red and yellow for aerials) take a lot of thinking, IMHO. Of course, this doesn't make him cheap, I'm just saying that he's an amazing character with a a ton of untapped potential.
Did you read my post?

Guess not.

[Cheapest character in game]

[Post on cheapest character in game]

[Disagreement]

[Counterpoint]

[Enter pirkid] "LOLOL WAY NOT 2 CONTRIBUTE NUFFIN!"

Top Bottom