• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charziard for brawl

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@obikun i thought of that, but they could easily have different movesets. check out the difference between my moveset and the moveset on the last few pages of ridley for brawl.

speaking of my moveset, dose anybody think it is ok?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
blastoise is better

plus charizard would play a little to similar to ridely if they both made it in, and ridely has a better chance

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yeah, your right, but when you only get one source of peer pressure you usually believe it is right, which is why i use smashboards. otherwise, i might be convinced of some rumors which have been proven false here.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Why would you have Charizard when you can have Ridley?

They both use the same kind of attacks fire and claw based (plasma=fire so don't nitpick). But Ridley isn't outdated has been in more high profile games and doesn't have to buddy up to 385 possible SSBB contestants (wiki :) just in the same game. I have a feeling if Charizard were made in SSBB it would also be difficult to separate his moveset from Bowser who has the whole heavy-dragon-beast-fire thing going on as well. Whereas Ridley is basically skin and bones so would fly differently and hit differently to Bowser (well more so than Charizard at least (I refuse to use Char or Chari)).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
why would it be hard to separate the move set if i were able to make a separate one easily?

nintendo isn't that stupid. i would rather have ridley though, but charizard would be my second favorite characte

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Ok yes they could make a different moveset for Charizard but to stick to his core moveset as hes shown in the games would make him similar to what Bowser is as a character. Fire and Claws. They are both heavy dragons, actually this may be the reason they held back on Ridley for SSBM as they felt they might be too similar, or a clone even....oh wait nevermind.

~rh

Smash Lord
I think Charizard will be a bit slow, IMO. Blaziken would be a better choice - at least I think so.

2l82masterb8

Smash Rookie
The speed of a character makes all the difference. Imagine a character as strong as bowser and as fast as fox. Talk about a top tier. Strong characters have to be slow to make the game balanced, and Charizard would be no different.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...I know what speed is. What I was wondering is why someone actually took the *theoretically possible* stats of a character to be a factor in whether they should be in.
Oh well.
And yes, I'm racist against Charizard. Water ftw!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@vali
really?

then how come dark kicks psychics but?
and how come fire (charizard) kicks every things but?(except water and rock)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Dark only kicks Psychics but because Psychic was too overpowered in the first place. Even with the introduction of Dark and steel types, psychic is still an incredible type offensively. Fire is also quite good, but not that spectacular. Charizard is also part flying though, so it gets it's but kicked quite often by rock and lightning as well.

Anyway, no to Charizard. It's hey day has long passed and doesn't really bring anything interesting to Brawl. Really, the only fire starter that has a chance of being playable is Blaziken (or possibly infernape)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Why does coming first mean Charizard should get in before Blaziken? It's not like we don't have enough 1st gen reps already, and there are other 1st gen pokemon that should get in long before Charizard. If anything it works against Charizard because his popularity has faded over time. Blaziken would be easier to implement, and seems to be a more popular choice. That and Charizard has been in a pokeball in the last 2 games and will probably stay there.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
I think Blaziken would be more fit, as he is part fighting and seems more fluid.

Plus, I want Blaziken, and I get what I want, Cause if I don't...

shroom

Smash Cadet
In T rex voice "I have a big head and little hands" (from meet the robinsons). I doubt he will be in it because his shape, but I would like to see some more pokemon, they add a lot more diversity to the game.

Tera253

Smash Ace
one word: Charmeleon.

(of course if McFox sees this he'll laugh and say Paras could pwn him, but maybe so. Paras for top tier.)
~Tera253~

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Why is charizard so popular anyway?
I rember the good old pokemon card days when charizard had 120hp and he was one of the most wanted cards. He is broken in the telivision show aswell, not to mention ugly.

I dont want to see no top tier charizard, I'd rather a top tier mewtwo!!

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Why is charizard so popular anyway?
I rember the good old pokemon card days when charizard had 120hp and he was one of the most wanted cards. He is broken in the telivision show aswell, not to mention ugly.

I dont want to see no top tier charizard, I'd rather a top tier mewtwo!!

Man, you charizard haters....plus he's cool and stuff..good grief...the ones who don't like chari gets anal and has a cow about it...just leave us charizard lovers alone you wobbuffet and chicken lovers...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
charizard even was a guest star in the 3rd pokemon movie
Blaziken has a humaniod shape, but charizard is just cooler. dragons roast chickens.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Man, you charizard haters....plus he's cool and stuff..good grief...the ones who don't like chari gets anal and has a cow about it...just leave us charizard lovers alone you wobbuffet and chicken lovers...
Irony much? You're the one who doesn't seem to appreciate that there are people out there who, god forbid, don't like Charizard and actually prefer other pokemon to it. I'm not even a supporter of Blaziken, but it's blatantly clear that he'd get in before Charizard will because he's more recent and currently more popular, as well as easier to fit.

Charizard is staying in the pokeball, it's been there for 2 games now and seems to be where it belongs.

Top Bottom