• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charby's Tips/Tricks

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Here We Go

FOR ZSS MAINER ONLY :p

My discoveries.

Tips/Tricks Shown:

-Reversal Dashing Special

-Rushing / Retreating Neutral B

-Double Down B Canceled

-Down B WallJump Mechanic

-Double Buffered Bair

-Killing Buffered Fair

Explanation Later
Gonna Updated Later

Here the link of the video i promised :)

Charby Demonstration on BattleField

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
The double down b looks really nice but does it only work on the ledge of a platform? It'd be really nice if we could cancel that landing lag somehow.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Those are my secret moves theif, ohh well you don't do the godly pivot f-roll, uh-oh I have said too much.

Also double down B, figures it works the same was as pits up B sorta more of a run off the edge, do you know if you can buffer it during jump and do it too, or fall though platform instant do it, Ill test myself but Im a bit lazy, and other games.

Seriously most of the movement things such as the dash shielding and stuff is very important for brawl play. Also lol at neutral B air cancel the only way to use the neutral B.

Hence

Smash Ace
The lagless down+b was originally discovered by Dazwa and is named "The Samus Knee." But your use of the top platform is new to me. Awesome discovery, Charby. Grounded B Reversal has been known for quite a while though. I believe the Marth boards were the first to discover it. Flip Jump Stall was taught to Snakeee by someone last year, and I guess everyone should know how to do it from watching his matches. XD

Buffered B-Air and F-Air are amazing, good stuff!

Charby

Smash Journeyman
The lagless down+b was originally discovered by Dazwa and is named "The Samus Knee." But your use of the top platform is new to me. Awesome discovery, Charby. Grounded B Reversal has been known for quite a while though. I believe the Marth boards were the first to discover it. Flip Jump Stall was taught to Snakeee by someone last year, and I guess everyone should know how to do it from watching his matches. XD

Buffered B-Air and F-Air are amazing, good stuff!
I didnt want to show the flip jump stall but the way to walljump on purpose , nvm :p
And for the reversal stuff , it's on a fullcourse is that you mean?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah buffering in brawl rules, its a bit long in the amount of space but still very nice, I'm used to like a 8 frame buffer limit or like SF where it there is no buffering O_o, it took me a few months to get used to but its very useful for making moves easy.

Maybe Ill upload some vids of a few of my movement stuff, also down B stall is god on jungle japes.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The lagless down+b was originally discovered by Dazwa and is named "The Samus Knee."
Nah, the only thing I discovered was that a <100% getup attack on Battlefield lines up down+B perfectly to auto-edgecancel on the lower platforms.

sasook

Smash Champion
That stuff is pretty cool, especially the flip jump stuff.

Oh, and Dominatrix Suit Samus doesn't look as indecent as I originally thought. TBH, that hack really isn't a big deal to get worked up about, it looks fine to me.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I've figured out:

-Reversal Dashing Special

-Rushing / Retreating Neutral B

-Double Down B Canceled (sorta)

I haven't quite figured out:

-Down B WallJump Mechanic

-Double Buffered Bair

I REAAAALLLY want to know:

-Killing Buffered Fair

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I certainly don't think Charby's claiming that he discovered edge canceled Flip Jumps. I'm pretty sure that I was doing those in training mode when I first got the game, as was everyone that was playing the character. If I use them at all, I use them differently, though. Even so, Charby's use of them there is really fun to watch.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
What advantage does the buffered fair have when compared to the normal fair? Speed? Height? Kinda hard to see in the video, then again maybe its just me missing the obvious.

noradseven

Smash Lord
What advantage does the buffered fair have when compared to the normal fair? Speed? Height? Kinda hard to see in the video, then again maybe its just me missing the obvious.
It comes out at the earliest possible moment I don't know what is so hard about it, sure the timing is a bit tight but its still p. easy.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
It comes out at the earliest possible moment I don't know what is so hard about it, sure the timing is a bit tight but its still p. easy.
Oh so its like the same way you simultaneous pick up an item off the ground and use an ariel without throwing it. I'm a buffering newbie :) Seems like a nice way to kill.

D.D

Smash Rookie
How do you do the Rushing / Retreating Neutral B. Im kinda stuck on it :O

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Today I've hit a Yoshi so probably the first Bair can also hit medium-short characters..

Zero

Smash Hero
If properly spaced, it can hit most characters, besides the really short ones, MK, Kirby, Olimar and a few others.

Charby, what's the button input on retreating reverse neutral b, I can only get retreating side b >.<

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
If properly spaced, it can hit most characters, besides the really short ones, MK, Kirby, Olimar and a few others.

Charby, what's the button input on retreating reverse neutral b, I can only get retreating side b >.<
Dash > return control stick to neutral position > Neutral-B > immediately press opposite direction.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Yes this is it
and for the side b its
Dash > Side B > immediately press opposite direction.

And you can also Neutral b/Side b air wave bounce with this

Dash > Jump > Neutral-B > immediately press opposite direction.
Dash > Jump > Side B > immediately press opposite direction from your special move

gianhuertas

Smash Rookie
Hi man, Im new here, Im from Peru, can u tell me how to perform the Double Flip jump??', is so nice :D

noradseven

Smash Lord
Hi man, Im new here, Im from Peru, can u tell me how to perform the Double Flip jump??', is so nice :D
Since your new here I suggest you check out our reference center, also learn to abuse u-air its hands down ZSS's best move.

Also my handbook probably still on the first page will have some cool info about how to play/ the most effective uses of each move.

As for your actual question, I don't think you can double flip stool.

Flip stool it self is done just by doing down B then pressing up when you are on top of the opponent, and I guess if you can still down B after that you could just do it again ???

Zero

Smash Hero
Since he posted in this thread, I'm confident he's refering to the down b platform cancel. You have to land at the very edge of the platform, where the momentum of your down b will keep you moving, thus cancelling ending lag and renewing your jumps.

Not exactly sure though, so either Charby or someone else should explain.

gianhuertas

Smash Rookie
Since he posted in this thread, I'm confident he's refering to the down b platform cancel. You have to land at the very edge of the platform, where the momentum of your down b will keep you moving, thus cancelling ending lag and renewing your jumps.

Tanks you, my english isnt so good:chuckle:, I wanna know how to do : Double Down B Canceled
Maybe some people dont understand me XD

In Peru many people play Smash brawl whit a High level too :D Im glad if u come and batle whit us

Sorry for my Spàninglish tanks :laugh:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Tanks you, my english isnt so good:chuckle:, I wanna know how to do : Double Down B Canceled
Maybe some people dont understand me XD

In Peru many people play Smash brawl whit a High level too :D Im glad if u come and batle whit us

Sorry for my Spàninglish tanks :laugh:
hahah that's great im actually going to peru in a few weeks. where in peru do you guys play?

Charby

Smash Journeyman

Zero Explained it , it's the trick

gianhuertas

Smash Rookie
hahah that's great im actually going to peru in a few weeks. where in peru do you guys play?
Nice, I have been talking about to my friends and they are so exited!! We live in Arequipa, its the second biggest city on the country and its included in the most of travels to Perú ;)

How many days are u coming to Peru !? Are u coming to Arequipa city? :bee:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Bumping this to say that I've been testing with the buffered double bair, and this is freakin amazing. I'm wondering why I haven't seen more people using this? IMO it's one of our best approaches, especially on taller characters that we can hit with the first hit.

Also, I'm having a hard time hitting with the second hit of buffered fair, is the timing just really strict or what?

And did the b reversal end up being worth using over down b?

And lastly for any of the newer zss mains, this is a great thread to learn some useful techs. Double bair is highly recommended. It was somewhat difficult for me to get down (bad tech skill) but absolutely worth it.

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
maybe i missed it, but how do u do SH buffered (double) bair/fair? i cant even do a single one. do i use the c-stick?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Abuse the c-stick with ZSS aireals, it makes fastfall b-air worlds easier, also makes fastfall u-air practical.

I actually on retreat have been experimenting a bit with shorthop away b-air, pivot neutral B landcancled. its p. solid.

Top Bottom