• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
[QUOTE="Well not really he's actually a fan favorite in Japan which is why he has a good number of references in modern games. Plus his game is super fun if you like NES style games try it out, or if you like quirky adventure titles like Chibi Robo get Captain Rainbow which Takamaru is also in and is one of the best parts of the game./QUOTE]

Okay, maybe obscurity is the wrong word. It's cool that Takamaru has a fun game and some cameos, but that's still one game and some cameos. That sounds like assist trophy material to me. Ideally, I'd want to see Mysterious Murasame Castle 2 before he gets beyond an assist, especially if Donbe and Hikari get to appear alongside Takamaru in it.
Well I mean he's a retro character so one title is usually par for the course like the ICs or Pit or Duck Hunt. And other than Wario Ware and Pikman his appearances weren't cameos. In Captain Rainbow he a fully fledged character with a storyline, his game was essential remade for the Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3, and Nintendo also basically remade his game for NintendoLand on the Wii U. That's not to mention the television drama based on it or the re-releases his original game got. So he's actually had a good bit of history it's just we missed out on it because for whatever reason Nintendo never brought it to the west till 2015. Though to be honest I don't really want him playable for that I just like the character and the games and I want to play as him with against the rest of Nintendo's latest and greatest. Not to mention more people might search out and play his games after being in Smash and possibly get his own KI: Uprising

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Since half my old list is obsolete:

Geno
He was in one game like 25 years ago, and his supporter base is super annoying.

K. Rool
He's been MIA for a decade and I don't like any of the games he's been in.

Dixie Kong
She has no personality and has almost no moveset potential. Leo Luster from the bad CGI show would genuinely make a better character.

Tails
Same as above.

Amy
I absolutely hate Amy as a character. She's really annoying and adds nothing to her own series. That being said, I actually do like her in Boom.

Anyone from Fire Emblem except Lyn
There are too many Fire Emblems already, even Sakurai himself admits it. It's unfair that a series that was on the brink of death until 5 years ago and still has relatively mediocre sales gets the same amount of fighters as Zelda, one of the most popular and iconic series in video game history. That being said, Lyn definitely deserves it because Rekka no Ken was the first internationally released game and was many people's introduction to the series, making it a very important and significant game in the series' history. It was Awakening before Awakening.

Any new 3rd party franchise that doesn't have a strong connection to Nintendo
I'm all in favor of 3rd parties. Hell, 4 of my top 5 most wanted newcomers are 3rd party characters. But this is a Nintendo crossover game, so if the characters have nothing or extremely little to do with Nintendo, then it's really no better than adding Goku or Spongebob (though, full disclosure, I've been a huge fan of both those series for my whole life, so I'd be ecstatic if they made it in).

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont. All signs point to him being in and he’s quite popular, but...do not want.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Geno
He was in one game like 25 years ago, and his supporter base is super annoying.

K. Rool
He's been MIA for a decade and I don't like any of the games he's been in.

Dixie Kong
She has no personality and has almost no moveset potential. Leo Luster from the bad CGI show would genuinely make a better character.

Tails
Same as above.

Amy
I absolutely hate Amy as a character. She's super annoying and adds nothing to her own series. That being said, I actually do like her in Boom.

Anyone from Fire Emblem except Lyn
There are too many Fire Emblems already, even Sakurai himself admits it. It's unfair that a series that was on the brink of death until 5 years ago and still has relatively mediocre sales gets the same amount of fighters as Zelda, one of the most popular and iconic series in video game history. That being said, Lyn definitely deserves it because Rekka no Ken was the first internationally released game and was many people's introduction to the series, making it a very important and significant game in the series' history. It was Awakening before Awakening.

Any new 3rd party franchise that doesn't have a strong connection to Nintendo
I'm all in favor of 3rd parties. Hell, 4 of my top 5 most wanted newcomers are 3rd party characters. But this is a Nintendo crossover game, so if the characters have nothing or extremely little to do with Nintendo, then it's really no better than adding Goku or Spongebob (though, full disclosure, I've been a huge fan of both those series for my whole life, so I'd be ecstatic if they made it in).
I don't think being in a few cameos over the years makes Lyn relevant.

She's like 15 years irrelevant

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I despise the way Bayonetta is designed. While I am not against her being in smash, her moveset is a disgrace to Smash. She is just fundamentally broken in so many ways that she represents how exploitable certain aspects of Smash 4 are. Look at Salem. He proves that you can just spam projectiles and avoid opponents long enough to win via timeout whenever he feels like it. The way Bayonetta was implemented is an insult and I hate it.

Personally I don't want to see any characters from the DK series. I would be okay with King K Rool because he would fit a lot of niches in the roster and has been demanded for a long time, but other than that I don't care about any character from that series.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
While I understand the need for people to vent, I do question whether a thread like this has a future other than “salt factory”?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman - Does anyone really like him? not being rude, I've just never heard anyone say they want him, or even talk about his franchise.
Wait for real? Not trying to be biased since he is my most wanted but he's one of the most requested third party characters from what I've gatheted and I've seen him in alot of top ten most wanted videos and alot of supporters on here and twitter. He may not be as requested as K Rool or as much as Ridley was but he's up there I'd say.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Also I hate having different versions of the same characters. Why waste roster slots on the same character? I hate that there's Samus and ZSS, I hate that there is going to be 3 Links in SSBU, Zelda and Sheik, Doctor Mario (why not put Hotel Mario in while we are at it?), etc. Each character should get 1 slot to themselves.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Rayman - Does anyone really like him? not being rude, I've just never heard anyone say they want him, or even talk about his franchise.
Hi, hello, it is I, a rayman supporter. I grew up playing Rayman 3 and I loved it (Haven't played it in a while, wonder if it holds up tbh), and Rayman Origins and Legends are the best triple-A 2D platformers of recent years along with Tropical Freeze. Rayman is just a cool dude with a cool personality and a cool design, you should give his games a shot because they're great. Rayman would also fit perfectly into smash, origins and legends practically give him a whole set of normal moves and he'd be a fun fighter thanks to his range, the guy can just throw his body parts

Also I hate having different versions of the same characters. Why waste roster slots on the same character? I hate that there's Samus and ZSS, I hate that there is going to be 3 Links in SSBU, Zelda and Sheik, Doctor Mario (why not put Hotel Mario in while we are at it?), etc. Each character should get 1 slot to themselves.
To be fair to ZSS and Sheik they made sense back when they were transformations, and they're so popular that removing them now really isn't an option

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean then there would still be 3 Links, 2 Samuses, 2 Marios, and 2 Zeldas they just all be in one slot. How does that change anything?

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
It's kind of hypocritical you judge other characters based on relevancy but still want an irrelevant character
No it isn't. Relevancy isn't a good way to pick Fire Emblem characters for Smash because they seldom show up more than once canonically, which means that they will always become irrelevant by the next installment. At that point, the thing that determines if they'll stand the test of time is whether or not that character is memorable and significant. Lyn clearly is and Corrin clearly isn't. Also, hypocrisy isn't an argument. You're not refuting any of my points by accusing me of it, it's just glorified mudslinging.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No it isn't. Relevancy isn't a good way to pick Fire Emblem characters for Smash because they seldom show up more than once canonically, which means that they will always become irrelevant by the next installment. At that point, the thing that determines if they'll stand the test of time is whether or not that character is memorable and significant. Lyn clearly is and Corrin clearly isn't. Also, hypocrisy isn't an argument. You're not refuting any of my points by accusing me of it, it's just glorified mudslinging.
No Fire Emblem character has ever gotten in Smash except characters that were relevant. That only exception is Marth who was the first added.

You don't have an argument. You just have hypocritic bias

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Top 5 Unwanted Newcomers In Order

1. Another Fire Emblem Rep (No more until Smash 6)
2. Minecraft rep (wouldn’t mind an Assist Trophy)
3. Rabbids (Would better serve as an Assist Trophy)
4. Funky Kong/Cranky Kong (We need K. Rool for DK/villain Rep.
5. Bandana Dee (Marx was always my choice for a 4th Kirby Rep)

splat

Smash Lord
She has basically become the textbook character for both "Missing Assist Trophy = CONFIRMED!!!111!!" and "ECCHO EVERYTHING!!!". Now I just want her to be disconfirmed out of spite.
I'm trying to tell you that what you're suggesting is the equivalent of punishing the entire class because of a few bad apples, which is unfair. Is it really too much for you to comprehend?
‘Judging characters I don’t like based on the actions of a group is fine, but don’t you judge characters I like based on the actions of a group!’ Well done, Lampy.

Anywho, characters I actively dislike:
- Decidueye. The only reason he got traction is the type trio narrative. While Rowlet is the most popular character, ranking the final evolutions next to each other Decidueye comes last (at least in Japan, what matters most to Sakurai). I also don’t like his design at all. While an archer owl is awesome as a concept, the design just strikes me as angsty with almost sausage-like feathers. Seriously, what is up with those things?
- Geno. I haven’t played Super Mario RPG, so I have no memories that include Geno, and it just feels weird to incluse a Third Party side character if there’s first party character with larger roles left. Its design also just does not mesh with me. Why is everyone congalining behind Geno and not his buddy Mallo, anyway?
- Shantae. I like my Third Parties to be icons of gaming history (which is also why I don’t like Bayo, she’s not there yet, I feel). While she is a good fit lookin at the amount of games she had on Nintendo sytems, I also had never heard of here before she was pushed down our throats. When I was younger I spent TONS of time looking at games in video game stores, and I never saw Shantae.
- Your anime waifu from that one series on PS2. Why are there even threads on characters like these? See also: your anime husbando.
- Waluigi. Not even looking at the situation after he had been disconfirmed, but I never cared for him. At least not until he receives a WarioWare design. I mean, we’d have Mario, Luigi and Waluigi in their overalls and Wario in his biker getup. That’s just weird, man.
- Most Kirby characters, like Magalor and Adaleine. But that’s just because I feel Bandana Dee should be in first.
- Funky Kong. Similarly, Dixie and the King should be first. Surfing is my jam and even then Funky has no redeeming qualilties to me. He’s just... there, shouting a lot.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Bayonetta.

In all seriousness, I really don't want Decidueye in even though he'd be the most likely Pokémon rep. His design always creeped me out a little and he's already in Pokkén, so if we get a new Pokémon I'd rather see someone completely new.

Also, Waluigi because his fanbase is beyond annoying.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Any "indie rep". I don't deny that Shovel Knight or Shantae fit thematically with Smash Bros (more than Bayonetta, anyway) but they have no business being in Smash. There's a plethora of more deserving Nintendo characters that need to be put in the game before we start branching out into Western 3rd Party indie characters.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I was going to say Krystal but she got banned to the Assist Trophy Shadowrealm where she belongs.

Other characters that I'd dislike in Smash would be:

Geno

Sans

Mimikyu

That Gen 7 Legendary that looks like a blue and yellow bipedal cat.

A Bayonetta Echo fighter. Don't get me started on some of the echo fighter choices requested. I mean ones like Dr. Luigi, Yarn Yoshi, Jeanne from Bayonetta, Shadow Mewtwo, Big Boss/Naked Snake (As much love I have for him there's no way we'll get two Snakes), a few others that are arguably a "why" choice for an echo fighter.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for Your Most Disliked Echo Fighter Choices Thread?

D

Deleted member

‘Judging characters I don’t like based on the actions of a group is fine, but don’t you judge characters I like based on the actions of a group!’ Well done, Lampy.
I learned my lesson about that after trolling a group of K. Rool fans and tried to put myself in my shoes after getting called out.
But I'm done discussing Waluigi in this thread.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Another fire emblem character in general at this point though if for some reason there had to be one it betetr be a villian at least.

Any more third party reps, especially indie charactes. yes, shantae would be kind of cool and all but we have lots of guest fighters and i feel they started being used as an excuse for rather underwhelming first party additions tbh and there's just so much unexplored character potential in nintendos' rich gallery of characters.

Decidueye. Feels largely unnecessary and i'd much rather see some more villians from other somewhat lacking series(such as k.rool for donkey kong or medusa/hades for kid icarus) or entirely new franchises than another pokemon though I don't think the series is necessarily "over represented" though considering how big pokemon is as one of nintnedo's flagship franchises and how focused the series is on having a bunch of unique monsters it makes sense to have lots of pokemon characters in smash to me just like it makes sense to have lots of mario characters.

and finally, i used to want waluigi in until recently where now i honestly hope waluigi never makes it into a smash game because of these pricks who make me embarassed to have ever been a fan of the character. thanks for ruining it for everyone, memers. Normally i don't let a group effect such things but this stuff really crossed a line that just tainted the character in relation to smash for me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
- Geno. I haven’t played Super Mario RPG, so I have no memories that include Geno, and it just feels weird to incluse a Third Party side character if there’s first party character with larger roles left. Its design also just does not mesh with me. Why is everyone congalining behind Geno and not his buddy Mallo, anyway?
You didn't play the game. That's like Saying "Why do people want Lyn and not behind Eliwood"

Or "Why do people want Shadow and not E-123 Omega"

How does that not make more sense? One character was more important to the plot and/ or left a better impression based on their abilities in game or their personality

MainJPW

M.T.A
Shadow. And any post-Genesis era Sonic character for that matter. So Jet, Silver, Cream, Espio blah blah blah insert generic anthropomorphic animal here. Tails and Knuckles (were he not an AT)'are good because they came from the era when Sonic actually meant something instead of being the laughing stock of the gaming world.
Slight correction, Espio is technically from the Genisis era if you count the 32X. And Shadow and Cream didn't debut in the "laughing stock era" that started in 2006, they're from 2001-2002 respectively when the games still got consistent good reception.

But yeah blah blah. I'm on the same boat.

Dixie Kong

Tails
Same as above.
Wait...hold on, Dixie and Tails have almost no moveset potential? Especially the latter whom appeared in two fighting games of his own?

Not only can Tails do most of what Sonic can, but he has additional abilities like using his twin tails to attack and for flight. Let's not forget he can use his weapons and gadgets from SA2, Battle and Chronicles.

"almost no moveset potential"

Not only is she similar enough to Diddy but Dixie attacks with her prehensile Ponytail and uses it to to be a grappler character with a ranged grab in her games and can use it as a helicopter propeller. She also has her bubblegum popgun from Tropical Freeze, her guitar and can use animal buddies like Squaks from the games as well for possible recoveries or a final smash.

"almost no moveset potential"

That's more than enough potential for a Smash moveset. And they have plenty of personality, certainly more than someone like WFT.

Characters who don't fight can get into to smash with made up movesets ( :ultvillager:,:ultrob:,:ultwiifittrainer:), but characters who DO fight and have abilities, weapons etc. "have almost no moveset potential".

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Characters I don't want? It'd be easier to list all the characters I'd be willing to accept and then say everything else I don't want. But even that would be too long.

Either way. Unlike a lot of other people here I don't think there are any characters I don't want in Smash simply because I hate that character. There are very few video game characters I genuinely hate. So my reasons for not wanting a character usually come down to three things.

1. Characters that would complicate the Smash Bros. brand such as non-video game characters.

2. Characters from a series that already has plenty of characters. With Ridley in the game I'm hoping Ultimate's newcomers will focus on series severely lacking.

3. Redundant characters. Characters that could have easily been an alt costume. Like Dry Bowser or Pink Gold Peach.

That's about it. Everything else I'll be fine with. Most I'll just be neutral to. Like I wouldn't be excited for Elma or Bandana Dee, but I'd be okay with them.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Any more characters from a third party series. It kind of removes the guest aspect and how it is a Nintendo themed game if we have more than one Sonic character for example.

Unimportant characters to a series which have not appeared in a long time. Eg. Geno, I feel it is unfair to the other Mario characters which have constantly been appearing to add one from a random game on the SNES. However this rule would not include K. Rool as even though he has been absent for the longest time he was the main villain of the DKC series and it is only recently he has been absent.

Any Kirby character before Bandana Dee would just be unfair in my opinion. This guy has been important in recent games so adding characters which have made only one major appearance like Marx or Magolor would be wrong. After Bandana Dee is added then we can talk.

Metal Mario because of N64 Nostalgia - I have genuinley seen this a few times and it is one of the worst ideas.

Echoes 'just because'. Notice how the new echo we got is a requested character and is quite popular and relavent in her series in terms of spin offs to warrant her an echo. She has personality so stop requesting stuff like Dry Bowser or some other random character nobody asked for.

A Rhythm Heaven character other than Tap Trial Girl. Ok this one isn't really true I just feel her moveset potential is too big to pass up on. I would be fine with Chorus Men. But please no one that is actually a fighter like Karate Joe that is way too generic, add someone more unique.

Last edited:

Yeld

Smash Rookie
Most hated:

K.Rool
- ugly design, inactive for years and years, overall trashy feel that would clash with the polished roster of Smash

Rayman
- Once again, really off-putting design and his moves would be incredibly basic

Rayman would be especially unfortunate, since the effort required to get a third party character will be higher. If we could have had RYU HAYABUSA and get Rayman instead, it would really be a sad day for Smash.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hi, hello, it is I, a rayman supporter. I grew up playing Rayman 3 and I loved it (Haven't played it in a while, wonder if it holds up tbh), and Rayman Origins and Legends are the best triple-A 2D platformers of recent years along with Tropical Freeze. Rayman is just a cool dude with a cool personality and a cool design, you should give his games a shot because they're great. Rayman would also fit perfectly into smash, origins and legends practically give him a whole set of normal moves and he'd be a fun fighter thanks to his range, the guy can just throw his body parts

To be fair to ZSS and Sheik they made sense back when they were transformations, and they're so popular that removing them now really isn't an option
I did play a Rayman game once, he would have an interesting moveset. i think i worded my previous statement wrong xD (I tend to do that alot, sorry :p) IF we get a few other prominent 3rd Parties like Shovel Knight or Simon Belmont first, then I'm ok with him.

Wait for real? Not trying to be biased since he is my most wanted but he's one of the most requested third party characters from what I've gatheted and I've seen him in alot of top ten most wanted videos and alot of supporters on here and twitter. He may not be as requested as K Rool or as much as Ridley was but he's up there I'd say.
True. I havn't heard talk of him, so it could just be me :/

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I don't want to see a waddle dee as a character.

No more Fire Emblem characters, please.

No more characters that use "counter"

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Slight correction, Espio is technically from the Genisis era if you count the 32X. And Shadow and Cream didn't debut in the "laughing stock era" that started in 2006, they're from 2001-2002 respectively when the games still got consistent good reception.
Um, AKTSCHUALLY, Sonic was never good. This is a factual statement. He is an embarrassment to gaming itself and deserves to be a laughing stock. Anyone who likes that drivel of a franchise has objective bad taste.

Haha, just kidding, I think it'd be cool if Shadow was an Echo Fighter.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
No Fire Emblem character has ever gotten in Smash except characters that were relevant. That only exception is Marth who was the first added.
Why does that matter? This thread is about characters you don't want.

You don't have an argument. You just have hypocritic bias
What bias? I don't like Fire Emblem. I've never even played Rekka no Ken. The only reason I'd be fine with Lyn is because I researched the subject and genuinely think she deserves to be in the game.

edit: I just realized you're the guy who runs the Geno thread. Now it all makes sense; you're pissed at me because you're the one who's biased. Thanks for proving my point about Geno fans.

MainJPW MainJPW I meant that they have absolutely nothing to differentiate themselves from Diddy Kong/Sonic except for their helicopter hair.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Hi, hello, it is I, a rayman supporter. I grew up playing Rayman 3 and I loved it (Haven't played it in a while, wonder if it holds up tbh)
It doesn't unfortunately, but that's ok because Origins and Legends are still good.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Just about any western mascot character, honestly. Spyro, Banjo, Crash, Rayman - all would be horribly out of place in the game.

I don't want any new Pokemon. I don't like Decidueye and think he's an overdesigned mess, visually. Mimikyu is ok but I don't see it as anything but a Pokeball Pokemon. Personally, I would go as far as to remove Pichu and Jigglypuff as well, but that's just my personal disdain for those characters.

Whilst on the topic of characters I don't want that are already in the game... Duck Hunt Duo, Miis and Dark Pit need to go. They would all work better as assist trophies or, in Dark Pit's case, an alt costume. I don't like Pac-Man either... he seems really out of place in Smash IMO.

I also don't particularly want Bandana Dee, though he would make a good Assist Trophy in my opinion. Captain Toad as well; he's just not interesting enough to be a fighter, and potential for his moveset leaves a lot to be desired.

Edit: Also, ANY Sonic characters. I wish they would just get rid of the ugly, modern, edgy Sonic design and stick with the classic design. And pretend Sonic doesn't exist beyond that. Please. Please.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Your favorite character, and yes, I'm talking to YOU, person reading this right now.
But we have the same favorite character :(

In all seriousness though... Honestly, I don't even care that much about what newcomers make it into the game. However, I can say that I don't want any Minecraft or Fortnite characters in the game. Both are overhyped games that I don't personally care about, and their fanbases are both annoying and cringey. I just feel like it'd get annoying to have them in the game, and it's not like I care about them anyway. I know fortnite has like no chance of being in the game and few actually want it in the game, but Minecraft actually has a chance and people who actually wants it in, which isn't a very good thought lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention that neither of those characters are anything interesting either. Both games are popular for their world and/or gameplay, so if Nintendo really wanted to add either game into smash, it'd be a better idea to make it a stage.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I have a few actually, but I will keep it to these five for the sake of keeping the list fairly simplistic.

Waluigi
I know a lot of people, or at least a very vocal minority of people, where verbally upset that this character returns as the role I feel befits him the most, but I think it is for the best. Mario has plenty of rep, the sports games dont really need specific representation, and Waluigi is actually less significant than Daisy, which is saying something because she is pretty insignificant too, only appearing in one real Mario game. I guess Waluigis costume appeared in one, but a back handed reference does not an appearance make. So, I dont like this character, I don't see the appeal, and I don't think he warrants a character slot. Actually, lets put Daisy in this list as an honorable mention, now that I think about it.

Sonic
I have a feeling many people will disagree with me on this, but I have always felt that one of the criteria for characters in Smash Bros should not just be game influence but quality, and in my opinion, Sonic is one of the glitchiest things alive, has at best average quality games(and even than that is rare) and giving him the proper representation he deserves would ruin the game. A character known for falling through stable grounding, breaking prerendered cut-scenes, and general laziness in game design seems like something better kept out. On a minor note, I also hate people call him competition to Mario, presently that is like comparing the Virtual Boy to the Oculus. An active tire fire is more stable than a Sonic game.

King K Rool
To he honest I dont know a lot about this character, mainly because he lives in a different age than the rest of us, so I dont have any lore or plot specific reasons for not wanting him in. No, my reasoning for his might be unreasonable, but it is because I dont like his design. He is a fat, weirdly proportioned, no tail(according to Smash Bros Wii U) alligator, with a gross eye. I know people want him, but I would prefer not to see that thing jumping around stages.

Duplicate Links
Look, I get the Hero of X reincarnates over and over again, but that does not mean each of them need to be playable, separate characters. We had Link, do we really need Young Link, and Toon Link? Whats next, middle aged Link? Dark Link? Linkle? End this madness.

Minecraft (Any character)
No. Absolutely not. You keep that filth away from Smash Bros. I will not justify my hate for this game, I hate it, and I hate everything it has done to the indie gaming scene.

Mellow

Smash Rookie
NNID
JukeBaux14
I don't want Undertale, Minecraft, or Fortnite characters in my smash bros. Not even references or easter eggs or anything of the sort. I will actually never touch this series again. Ever.

I can't believe this is my first Smashboards post and I'm already ranting

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't want Undertale, Minecraft, or Fortnite characters in my smash bros. Not even references or easter eggs or anything of the sort. I will actually never touch this series again. Ever.

I can't believe this is my first Smashboards post and I'm already ranting
I wouldn't go as far as saying to never touch the game again, I wouldn't like them, but I'd be fine with characters like Steve, and just because it has a bad fanbase doesn't mean it's a bad game, Undertale for example, it's not perfect, it has plenty of flaws a lot of people overlook, for me, annoying characters xD.

Mellow

Smash Rookie
NNID
JukeBaux14
I wouldn't go as far as saying to never touch the game again, I wouldn't like them, but I'd be fine with characters like Steve, and just because it has a bad fanbase doesn't mean it's a bad game, Undertale for example, it's not perfect, it has plenty of flaws a lot of people overlook, for me, annoying characters xD.
Ye I was just being over-dramatic lol. But foreal though it would be interesting to see them in smash but I personally don't want them in

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Just about any western mascot character, honestly. Spyro, Banjo, Crash, Rayman - all would be horribly out of place in the game.
I don't like Pac-Man either... he seems really out of place in Smash IMO.
Ok, a few questions. Is it only mascot characters? So Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool would be fine despite being designed in the West? How would Banjo not fit when he is literally a Nintendo character even if he's owned by Microsoft now? Pacman doesn't fit to you, seriously how? And in a crossover game that meshes tons of differing games with differing styles together how is it even possible to be out of place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom