• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you dislike fighting

D

Deleted member

It's been like a week now, so if you've played online, you must've come to dislike fighting certain characters. Any you can't stand?

Me? I've been suspended quite a few times for ragequitting thanks to the King of Disrespect himself, Ganondorf (who I suck with).

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I found a really annoying Jigglypuff this morning who goes by the name of "Fox"

King K. Rool is also really annoying to fight, but equally as fun to play as.

D

Deleted member

As a Lucas main (as you can clearly tell) I DESPISE Rosalina and Luma, I litteraly can't recover off stage against her.

I also hate fighting people that can deflect my projectiles (i.e. Fox, Falco, and Wolf) or use them (Ness, Villager, I think Isablelle I forgot did she have pocket? I think so but not 100% sure, and Mr. Game And Watch)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Every character has their moments where fighting them is good. However, in lower end Quickplay/GSP there is a lot of zoners just spamming the same move over and over again. Makes the battle completely uninteresting.

That's what I get for not touching the mode for a week lol.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Wolf players who spam projectile. Its hard for me to deal with. :p
Speaking of projectile spammers... EVERY LINK EVER! All 3 Links are known for spamming projectiles nonstop, and are too afraid to use their sword. When I play King K Rool, I mix up projectiles with melee attacks.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
I always have trouble against zelda. I feel like I can't ever get close to her, she has reflect so I can't throw anything at her, her up b gets me alot and it's hard to edgeguard. I always tell myself she has lag in alot of her attacks so that's my opening but I panic when I fight her for real lol.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Raise your hand if you hate fighting King K. Rool! (Another one of these threads, eh?)

Fox, Isabelle and Villager.

I only respect good Fox players since they actually know how to use their character. Bad Fox players tend to spam dash attack and other untrue combos that get really annoying. If the combo you keep trying didn't work the last three times, why would it work this time? "It's gotta work! It's so cool!" Or they just rollspam to the side of the map and mash blaster and run away.

Villager and Isabelle mains are all the same. Slingshot spam. I have little to no respect for people who slingshot spam. You know who you are.

R O F L

Smash Ace
In general I hate fighting Incineroar and Isabelle. I abosolutally hate their side specials.

The thing I hate fighting the most in this game are those stupid, giant, no flinch, stamina battles against K. Rool in spirits mode.

_gold_

Smash Master
Surprised to not see my main said yet.. I feel like I annoy people sometimes with how I play lol

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I really dislike moves that incapacitate you for a few seconds. It's not much but so annoying and breaking the action. Some exemple are when you get caught in Robin's fire, Ness's PK fire, and worst if they decide to spam. And anything burying you into the ground. Projectile and long range spammers like the Belmonts and mega man are super annoying too.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
At current K. Rool and Incineroar, but that's just because I haven't worked out how best to tackle them yet. Peach and Daisy are also a pain for me. Either with good float skills cause me to whiff and then get punished hard. Oof.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Raise your hand if you hate fighting King K. Rool! (Another one of these threads, eh?)

Fox, Isabelle and Villager.

I only respect good Fox players since they actually know how to use their character. Bad Fox players tend to spam dash attack and other untrue combos that get really annoying. If the combo you keep trying didn't work the last three times, why would it work this time? "It's gotta work! It's so cool!" Or they just rollspam to the side of the map and mash blaster and run away.

Villager and Isabelle mains are all the same. Slingshot spam. I have little to no respect for people who slingshot spam. You know who you are.
what are we supposed to do tho.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Inkling.

Every single thing Ike does, Inkling just dodges out of the way and punishes him for it. There's zero point where I feel safe and confident in throwing out even my safest moves because Inkling's fast enough to capitalize on it. So by the end, I'm just throwing out hard reads after hard reads while Inkling builds up percent at a ridiculous speed.

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Right now it would be Belmonts. There is nothing harder to do in this game than approach a good Belmont player as they have so many tools to zone and space. They invalidate a huge portion of the roster. Inkling is a close second.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Inkling.

Every single thing Ike does, Inkling just dodges out of the way and punishes him for it. There's zero point where I feel safe and confident in throwing out even my safest moves because Inkling's fast enough to capitalize on it. So by the end, I'm just throwing out hard reads after hard reads while Inkling builds up percent at a ridiculous speed.
Yeah I really don't know how to deal with inkling players. They can be half decent and the moveset is hard to deal with unless you have the foresight to see what moves they will throw out.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Yeah I really don't know how to deal with inkling players. They can be half decent and the moveset is hard to deal with unless you have the foresight to see what moves they will throw out.
I play Ridley and K Rool a lot, and Inklings usually aren't much of a threat. I just roll out of their attacks and grab them, or I use projectiles.

As for dealing with crown throwing K Rools, if you see him lose his crown, wait for it to respawn and take it away from him. It prevents him from using his side special until he grabs it back. You can also throw it at him and take it again.

Last edited:

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Inkling.
Bury moves in this game are way too easy to do and way too hard to mash out of. The fact that Inkling gets a free charged Fsmash for literally zero effort while my poor ROB has to deal with a dthrow that is punishable when it's successful is a crime against humanity.

D

Deleted member

Boy, Inkling sure is infamous these days. (I can't stand them either since I'm only half decent with them.)

As for dealing with crown throwing K Rools, if you see him lose his crown, wait for it to respawn and take it away from him. It prevents him from using his side special until he grabs it back. You can also throw it at him and take it again.
Only to die to cannonball spam, He's a beast mate.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Boy, Inkling sure is infamous these days. (I can't stand them either since I'm only half decent with them.)

Only to die to cannonball spam, He's a beast mate.
This. "Hey here's an idea: You know how Little Mac has super armor on most of his moves? Let's do that for K Rool, but also make him a heavyweight and give him the best recovery in the game!"

philipawalker

Smash Rookie
As a Captain Falcon main -

Inkling - They have movement faster than falcon's dash speed, insanely low lag moves with low frame activation, ridiculous recovery options, easy combos, ink bomb projectile.

Ness/Lucas - half decent ness/lucas players are disgusting to play against as falcon. PK fire (not that annoying in and of itself), but with ness' quick aerial skills and a skillset whose priority beats falcon 80% of the time, it gets really annoying really fast.
Additionally, PK Thunder needs to be nerfed...As falcon we don't have many dodge options against their PK thunder once we're in the air. PK thunder is ridiculously quick to activate, moves extremely quickly after activation, has a large hit box, and does multihits. Even if I dodge out of the way, there's a good chance I'll get nicked by tail of it, in which case they can spam it again....and again.

Wolf - He has some neutral moves that come out faster than any of falcon's attacks, with longer reach than any of falcon's nuetral options. If I block an attack and they are outside of falcon's grab range (which is pathetic), I'll get punished unless I dodge/dodge roll.

Jigglypuff - Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
Incineroar! He wrecks me and makes me feel bad. I'm a scrub at dealing with his side-b and so do better staying off the ground against him. Love when he yells his name though, that cracks me up.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:ultbayonetta: but she isn't as bad as Smash 4. Or at least, I haven't faced a really irritating one... yet

:ultlink:. I'd much rather be against :ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:. I hate the new keep-away bomb meta. It isn't fun at all lol. Which is really sad because I enjoyed Smash 4 Link a lot.

Other than that... most things seem manageable. I played against a purely ridiculously good :ultroy: last night which was frustrating but I think that was more a skill thing than him being a frustrating character

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
:ultsonic: is number one for me. There is not a lamer character to have ever existed in smash. All he does is fly at you and he makes the most annoying ****ing sound to have ever reached my ears.

:ultrichter: completely invalidates most of my mains. I cannot get in on them with :ultincineroar::ultike::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario: without getting very lucky and they out-zone :ultsnake:. Can't even play :ultrob: or:ultkingdedede:, the matchup is so bad. It's honestly crazy how easy it is to be good with them and the amount of effort it takes to counter them when they want to play lame.

:ultkrool: is unga bunga easy to play, but the people who play him are very predictable. It still stings when he gets some bull**** and kills you with it.

:ultyounglink: and :ultlink: are the classic roll spammers who lob projectiles at you. Easy as **** to beat but no fun. for some reason, people who play :ulttoonlink: don't play like this as much anymore. Maybe because they heard :ultyounglink: was better (even though he arguably isn't).

:ultchrom: and:ultlucina: are also pretty braindead to play but are super good for some reason.

:ultness: PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE

strangely, even though :ultinkling: are good, I have fun fighting them. The dash animation can be annoying to read though

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Although, with Richter/Simon snake can actually crawl dodge most of his ranged attacks. Its actually quite amusing.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Although, with Richter/Simon snake can actually crawl dodge most of his ranged attacks. Its actually quite amusing.
Yeah its great until they catch on and throw a holy water/axe/down aimed smash/dash attack/downtilt your way.

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
It's been like a week now, so if you've played online, you must've come to dislike fighting certain characters. Any you can't stand?

Me? I've been suspended quite a few times for ragequitting thanks to the King of Disrespect himself, Ganondorf (who I suck with).
I love Ganondorf but how did you get suspended?

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I love Ganondorf but how did you get suspended?
If you disconnect from enough games the matchmaking system will suspend you from playing, this isn't permanent but I highly do not recommend. Eventually Nintendo willmake a pool for people who disconnect often and you will end up playing against people who ragequit all the time. This happens in many online games.. It is just a matter of time before it happens.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Animal Crossing characters, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, K-rool and the belmonts were very obviously designed to be not fun at all to fight in any circumstance except that you're also playing one of them

D

Deleted member

I found another nuisance: :ultpichu:. Invalidates my non-light mains.

WumboTheSecond

Thief of Hearts
If you disconnect from enough games the matchmaking system will suspend you from playing, this isn't permanent but I highly do not recommend. Eventually Nintendo willmake a pool for people who disconnect often and you will end up playing against people who ragequit all the time. This happens in many online games.. It is just a matter of time before it happens.
Wow that sounds tough, I hope that never happens to me. I don't really ragequit though

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Chrom has really been putting me off lately. I thought his recovery was supposed to be terrible?
It is terrible. He's just, like, the best character when he's still on the stage. If you're not playing with a damage lead, you're not playing Chrom well at all.

Speaking of projectile spammers... EVERY LINK EVER! All 3 Links are known for spamming projectiles nonstop, and are too afraid to use their sword. When I play King K Rool, I mix up projectiles with melee attacks.
Realtalk: I love when I play :ultyounglink: and find a player who can't avoid a goddamn projectile. It becomes a game of "can I kill him with only arrows?"

JustTheTipperR

Smash Rookie
It doesn't matter which iteration of smash it is I CAN NOT beat King Dedede! I always think he's about to land but he'll jump again and I'll whiff and get punished. Also, I feel so afraid of getting close to him cause I always end up getting hit with one of his tilts or down smash. It doesn't matter what strategy I have going into the match cause I always either get rekt or lose a close match. (If any good Dedede's in Ultimate wanna help me practice the matchup hmu)

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I can't stand fighting the Villager. Whether another person or the computer. Something about that character is just ****ing awful for me to go against. The ****ing Lloid projectiles just never end.

Top Bottom