• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
...Dammn,who would of guess that dispite all this time we've been waiting for this game,in reality were just a month away to find out whos in/out of this epic showdown(Thanks to Japan spilling the beans once they get it,or weeks before hand).Its kinda messed up how time really flies when you arent worried about anything specific.Its just feels like yesterday when this site blew the #@!# up when the 1st announcment was made "NEW SSB GAME FOR NINTENDO WII"and with everyone yelling "HOLY!@!!# o.0!!! DUDE!" :laugh:

Anyway tho,I have this strong feeling theres gonna have to be 1-2 new female newcomers to keep that side of things fresh,and at least 1 more heavy fighter newcomer.All fingers are pointing towards Krytal atm for that gender,but to be honest,after her,who else could be in this game really? I mean so far,if Iam not mistaken,we got 23 confirmed characters in Brawl,and Melee had like what,24-26 characters? Iam pretty sure Sakurai wants to hit above the last game's character limit tho,all fighting games tend to do that.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing about this poll all over the site and I fina;;y came over to check it out. It makes me feel much more optimistic about Ridley and nervous about Lucario. I feel the same about Isaac though. One thing that's bugging me is who people are choosing to fight with. Ridley and Geno are not competing with each other!! One is an older character that will be in on popularity and moveset if he is in. The other iscompletely different. He is a long running character in a series short on reprasentitives. He wil be in for repping Metroid, being a villain and moveset. I can understand Krystal and Wolf fans fighting but Geno and ridley fans should justmake peace and maybe even team up against their actual enemies. Probably anyone from Mario or any third parties for Geno and Dark Samus for Ridley.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Anyway tho,I have this strong feeling theres gonna have to be 1-2 new female newcomers to keep that side of things fresh,and at least 1 more heavy fighter newcomer.All fingers are pointing towards Krytal atm for that gender,but to be honest,after her,who else could be in this game really? I mean so far,if Iam not mistaken,we got 23 confirmed characters in Brawl,and Melee had like what,24-26 characters? Iam pretty sure Sakurai wants to hit above the last game's character limit tho,all fighting games tend to do that.
Don't forget that most of these characters are starters, so the game could easily go above the number of total characters. I wouldn't worry about the game being below 34 characters, let alone the amount we had from melee. Don't forget, the amount of starters hints ALOT at the amount of unlockables.

I've been hearing about this poll all over the site and I fina;;y came over to check it out. It makes me feel much more optimistic about Ridley and nervous about Lucario. I feel the same about Isaac though. .
Wait. You're more optimistic or pessimistic about Isaac? This definitely makes me more optimistic about him being included. I'll admit though, that I didn't recognize that Lucario is missing from the poll. I'd say he still has a decent chance, considering he's one of the most popular pokemon in the series, and pokemon could easily use one more character.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I support Dark Samus AND Ridley, most of us do..
Dark Samus is betteroff as an Alt.

Dark Link came as an alt. I think a Dark Samus alt would be pretty cool. At least Sakurai wouldn't leave Dark Samus out.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
dark samus as an alt costume has been deconfirmed so dark samus should be in as a playabel character. sakurai wants more metroids reps and it adds a non heavy weight villian to the roster.but ridley comes first no-matter what.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i want Ridley playable to but one of the stages that has been pretty much confirmed(im not sure what it's called) and with the Ridley Boss Music, it's starting to sound like he is a Boss...

EDIT!!!!!! im sorry i used the wrong link thats not evena prediction hold on let me see if i can get it.

OK here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmPoc5UFYj8

LucasownsNess

Smash Rookie
*Prays for an event match called 3 Trouble Kings*
I WANT KING K. ROOL SO BAD! If he's not in, Then Geno better be in. If Geno isn't then I want Sukapon.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
... did anyone watch that youtube link? It was pretty good reasoning. But ill find out if he was right on Monday

Id rather have King K Rool also but beggers cant be choosers

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Wait. You're more optimistic or pessimistic about Isaac? This definitely makes me more optimistic about him being included. I'll admit though, that I didn't recognize that Lucario is missing from the poll. I'd say he still has a decent chance, considering he's one of the most popular pokemon in the series, and pokemon could easily use one more character.
I'm worried about Isaacs chances since he has only starre din one game and was part of another game. Plus the games came out in 2003. Too soon to be retro and too old to be new. ALthought the fact that Sakurai knows he exists is nice. Plus the upcomming Camelot game for the wii may up his chances. Altogether I'm in the middle on his chances. It would be awesome if he was in though.

If any pokemon get sin it is Lucario.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that Geno and Isaac will both be in as Sakurai thinks of them as first party characters.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i know megaman is on the list because every megaman fans want to see megaman in brawl real baddly
and he appeard in NES nintendo entertainment system on the nintendo console and i play all of them
that why megaman is on the sakurai list so megaman is excited about that

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i know megaman is on the list because every megaman fans want to see megaman in brawl real baddly
and he appeard in NES nintendo entertainment system on the nintendo console and i play all of them
that why megaman is on the sakurai list so megaman is excited about that
the only question would be which Mega man to put in Brawl...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The thing that annoys me the most about this poll....is because you can look at it two different ways.

1. That these characters are the only ones Sakurai is interested in and it's likly alot of them will get in.

or

2. That these characters are the ones he's not sure about(and he needs another opinion) so not being on the list might actually be a good thing (e.g characters you might expect like paper mario or Midna are not on the list)

I don't know about anyone else but this really annoys me....

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I just noticed...why the **** is James Bond on the list? Doesn't that go against what Sakurai said?

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
I dont know about you but the BN Megaman is this most flexible and most likely version of Megaman since he has been on 6 GBA games and 1 on the DS.

Also theres like 500 BN Cards, so theres that many options for moves for him, and his Final Smash could be him randomly transforming into an element Megaman... now that you think of it BN Megaman had so much versions it's almost insane.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
I remember back when Deku Link was one of the suggested Characters for SSB3 aka Brawl, and he didn;t even show up on this when chars like chain chomp did?, I think this could acualy improve his chances which are slim because maby he was all planed for brawl when he made this and these chars are the ones hes unsure of

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I remember back when Deku Link was one of the suggested Characters for SSB3 aka Brawl, and he didn;t even show up on this when chars like chain chomp did?, I think this could acualy improve his chances which are slim because maby he was all planed for brawl when he made this and these chars are the ones hes unsure of
Or he wasn't planned on being in and Sakurai had no intention for him to be in.

NejiUchiha

Smash Cadet
I wish that they would put Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 in Brawl. That would be so great! What do you guys think about him being in the game?

Top Bottom