• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character With The Easiest/Hardest Learning Curve

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
Any character that has spamable moves strategies has a fairly easy learning curve.

Ice climbers- CGing is F***ing hard with them.
Sonic- using his high speed properly with his few kill methods and combos.
Snake- excluding his quick attacks, it takes a while to learn his field control and balance his weight.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hmmmm Peach was hard for me to learn at first (transitioning from Melee peach -> brawl peach was nearly impossible), but it got easier as I learned the basic combos and spacing.
ICs are hard, but if you can CG anyone at all, then learning to CG everyone else is easy.
Falco is okay to use, if you can do his dthrow combos and if u can properly camp with lasers.

Overall, I have to say the hardest characters to learn are:
Diddy: I've tried learning him, and I was never able to get their damage high enough with decaying his killing moves. Using bananas for me is hard.
Snake: It's not as easy as ftilt and utilt. The good snakes I've played are amazing with grenades. I can't control the field that well.
Samus: My brother is beast with Samus, and i have no idea how he does it.
?Kirby?: Kirby isn't only bair. He's kinda hard to learn

The easiest characters to learn are:
MK: duh
Marth: Once you learn how to space, everything else is a piece of cake.
G&W: Aerials pwn. Use them at the right time, and kill with any of the smashes.
D3: Bair, bthrow, CG, Dair, Uair, Fair, Waddle Dee, Usmash, Dtilt, Ftilt, U Mad?

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
This is from quite awhile ago, so it's definitely not that accurate... but it's got pics!

Thanks for finding that. I think of this debate in terms of how hard is a character to pick up and be decent with. From that perspective I think the above listing is about spot on. More specifically:

Hardest: ICs and Snake with ZSS and Sonic close behind
Easiest: Wolf or Pit

I have always found Zelda to be fairly easy by following these steps:
1. Opponent is at a distance: Din's Fire
2. Opponent is close: choose any of the following (In recommended order): Usmash, Dsmash, neut B, SH Nair

She also has a ton of quick, high-priority killing moves.

Kuprin

Smash Rookie
I mostly play Brawl+ so I'm going to base my comments on that. I've played enough vBrawl to know most of what I'm saying is close.

Easiest: IKE. Five year olds can be decent Ikes. It's very basic smash, spacing and normals, no worries about projectile setups or anything. Just set up and hit people. I don't understand why Pit is so low, I have had trouble learning him.

Hardest: Sonic, ZSS, Shiek, Ice Climbers. I definitely wouldn't put Yoshi in here, he's a rushdown character par excellence in brawl+ and somewhat in vBrawl. Snake isn't that hard either, I'm an okay Snake.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Mario and Luigi have the easiest learning curve

Sonic, I think he's easy to learn with, what makes him so hard

Snake is ther hardest for me

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say mk is the easiest to learn despite his moveset. Because once the opponnent learns how to handle his more nooby moves mk will have to be more clever. I think d3 is the easiest IMO it took me a few hours to be able to win with him and a couple of days to be able to win with mk. d3 is a balanced charachters with some beastly attributes.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The hardest for me is Snake one of my mains. He just has a bunch of things you have to use correctly.
Some people say he´s easy to learn. Well for me he´s hard.

The easiest for me are Ike and Ganondorf simply because they don´t have such a complex fighting style.

★Chaos★

Smash Journeyman
A place Where Robos live Happily Ever After
toon link whose my main
i picked up pit after him but pit was easier to learn
toon link has a lot of combos which takes time to practice and put them in battle
pits loopy arrows i learned easily
and pits AT like wing shoving and wing reverse

Top Bottom