• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character & Stage Select Screen (UPDATED) - 01/23/08

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Nice new look.

But there are less character spots. I guess there will be at least another row. Brawl comes in February and that's a lot of characters to be revealed! more than the free spots you put on the screen.

anyway, with the demo screen, it seems that we have the official one.

Shadoshi

Smash Rookie
I am quite confused. Why does everyone insist there are 48 characters, when in fact, there are only 36 slots?

Also, I am disappointed, especially where Lucas is. No space around him, meaning to say there are basically no other Mother characters in the game. But whatever, this is all demo or something right? Please excuse my ignorance, usually I have none of it. Just fill me in I guess.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I am quite confused. Why does everyone insist there are 48 characters, when in fact, there are only 36 slots?

Also, I am disappointed, especially where Lucas is. No space around him, meaning to say there are basically no other Mother characters in the game. But whatever, this is all demo or something right? Please excuse my ignorance, usually I have none of it. Just fill me in I guess.
The list USED to have 48 characters when it first started out. And don't think this is the actual character select screen. It's fan-made by Croco. He's just making this for fun, and at the end we're going to see how well he did and how close he came to the actual thing.

P.S.- @Croco:
What if the Dojo updates Sheik as Zelda's transformation? Don't tell me you're going to squeeze her image in Zelda's box and edit her image to say "Zelda/Sheik". That would just kill it.

EDIT:
On second thought, I take that back. You didn't do that with Samus/Zamus, so you probably wouldn't do the same thing with Zelda/Sheik either. {phew!}

Keep up the good work!

Shadoshi

Smash Rookie
The list USED to have 48 characters when it first started out. And don't think this is the actual character select screen. It's fan-made by Croco. He's just making this for fun, and at the end we're going to see how well he did and how close he came to the actual thing.
Thanks for the information. I get it now, though I still don't see where the you guys got 48 and now 36, but whatever. Have fun and all that.

Croco

Smash Lord
Nice new look.

But there are less character spots. I guess there will be at least another row. Brawl comes in February and that's a lot of characters to be revealed! more than the free spots you put on the screen.

anyway, with the demo screen, it seems that we have the official one.
Well I will add another if it comes to that.

They will move around time to time when more characters are revealed.
P.S.- @Croco:
What if the Dojo updates Sheik as Zelda's transformation? Don't tell me you're going to squeeze her image in Zelda's box and edit her image to say "Zelda/Sheik". That would just kill it.

EDIT:
On second thought, I take that back. You didn't do that with Samus/Zamus, so you probably wouldn't do the same thing with Zelda/Sheik either. {phew!}

Keep up the good work!
Yes you are correct I won't.. lol

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow thats a lot of stages... good work.

But you will likely have to change it agin because the demo version likely sports a very different design to the real version.

Croco

Smash Lord
what would you think if it was exactly the same?
Not sure.. maybe shock?

Whoooooa! Stage Selection Screen is HUGE! I hope you're right about the stages. But you are more than likely going to get the positioning wrong there. I'll sh*t my pants if you just so happen to be on the money with the order you placed them.
Yeah I will move things around once more and more stages are revealed.
There were 29 stages in Melee.. so I expect nearly double in Brawl.

There is still..

• Final Destination
  • A F-Zero stage
  • A Ice Climbers stage
  • A Sonic stage
  • etc.

I'm even expecting..
Mushroom Kingdom 3
Stages from Adventure mode
a stage or 2 from Melee
a stage or 2 from SSB64

GOTM

Smash Champion
yea more than likely the amount of stages you have chosen to be in the game is wrong...well...i guess thats kind of obvious.

i think the amount of characters could almost be spot on though..hmm....over hopefull?? haha

Croco

Smash Lord
yea more than likely the amount of stages you have chosen to be in the game is wrong...well...i guess thats kind of obvious.

i think the amount of characters could almost be spot on though..hmm....over hopefull?? haha
Oddly I don't see a problem with there being 45 stages.
That is only 16 more stages then Melee's 29.
Keep in mind about the effort they are putting into adventure mode.. with all that work for that mode you would think there would be many many stages.

If I am wrong it doesn't really matter. I'm just hoping for allot of content, and I believe Sakurai and his development team will deliver.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
At first I was doubtful, but now that I've watched the Adventure Mode videos of "This World...", I could really see that stage being the next Final D.

It would be the same, except instead of it warping between dimensions, it gets blown up by a subspace bomb (and whatever it's meant to do, happens).

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Well I say they both look believable and if you have the number of chars correct and every veteran that I want to return returns then there would be 6 more spots open, but thats with who I want to return and I highly doubt both Marth and Roy will even though Roy is awesome and I want him to return he probably wont

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, I'm sorry if this has been said but why is there two Smashville stages?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and whats up with all the Nintendo characters? This isnt Super Nintendo brothers its Super Sonic brothers...

And the place where you fight Petey is way to small to be a FD... they likely just got the normal stage from Pokemon stadium and got rid of the platforms and all that other stuff.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Thats pretty awesome man, I think Nintendo is going to make a very similar looking layout.
Which I wish wasn't the case. It would be nice if they changed it up, but that shouldn't detract from the quality of your work so much as the creativity of the game designers.

EDIT: why to "random" buttons?

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the only treason the area is so wide, is because the game was being displayed in widescreen. So theoretically, those characters all have to fit in the center area. It isnt going to stretch like that. They all have to fit within the area thats just above the character boxes on the bottom. Sorry, but you gotta squeeze it down a bit.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
First of all, this is amazing, keep it up, but you put Smashville there twice. Also, what is the stage to the right of Battlefield and the stage on the bottom left? I dont recognize them. And nice job on leaving a space between Mario and Bowser, I guess thats for luigi? ^^

Croco

Smash Lord
First of all, this is amazing, keep it up, but you put Smashville there twice. Also, what is the stage to the right of Battlefield and the stage on the bottom left? I dont recognize them. And nice job on leaving a space between Mario and Bowser, I guess thats for luigi? ^^
Thanks for pointing thought out. I overlooked it.
That spot is for Luigi.. but I might just add another 10 spots like I had before.

King DeDeDe has been added.. sooo it is starting to get crowded.

The stage the right of Battlefield is the Delfino Plaza stage.
The one on the bottom left is the "Stadium" which is seen in Adventure Mode.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The stage the right of Battlefield is the Delfino Plaza stage.
The one on the bottom left is the "Stadium" which is seen in Adventure Mode.
Good job keeping up for Dedede.

But you still have two Smashvilles.
Look, they're on either side of Angel Land.

EDIT:
*I mean Skyworld. (I like Angel Land better. It's easier to remember for some reason.)

Croco

Smash Lord
Good job keeping up for Dedede.

But you still have two Smashvilles.
Look, they're on either side of Angel Land.

EDIT:
*I mean Skyworld. (I like Angel Land better. It's easier to remember for some reason.)
oh I know.. lol I updated the character select at 3am. I will fix up the stage one later today.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
i look away for one second and now it's 36? i prefered 48! still good job. one problem though. in the big boxes where your character is shown, i think they're too small.

Croco

Smash Lord
i look away for one second and now it's 36? i prefered 48! still good job. one problem though. in the big boxes where your character is shown, i think they're too small.
the the number might go back to about 46 or 48 later.
do u mean the bottom boxes where i have DK? or the character boxes?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Arnt you going to try to keep all the series next to each other? because Ridley should so be where Zelda is instead of underneath Samus.

Top Bottom