• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character & Stage Select Screen (UPDATED) - 01/23/08

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Lols, it looks amazing! My only problem with it is Pokemon Trainer--I'd think you'd only see his face, not his pokemon
I agree, Pokemon trainer's image sould go back to the way it was in the original with his face only, and is it just me or do the ice climbers seem too small compared to Yoshi?

I like this one!, good work :)
Alpha... I hate you
You really need to change your sig, everywhere you go turns into a ridley argument

Croco

Smash Lord
I agree, Pokemon trainer's image sould go back to the way it was in the original with his face only, and is it just me or do the ice climbers seem too small compared to Yoshi?
I'll experiment with those in the next character update.
If it turns out looking better I'll keep it that way.

Croco

Smash Lord
Hey croco look at this picture...

Maybe those are the character icons on the selection screen?
Yeah i was thinking they might be.. it looks like the text is setup on the top just like SSB64.

But it also is a combination of Melee with the boxes also..
I'm going to try and adjust everything right now.. hopefully I can get it done by tonight.

Croco

Smash Lord
i like it but, I also think the people's avatars should show less, like, just head area.
Your wish is granted.. lol :laugh:

Yep.. I updated it..
  • I tried what Eight Sage showed me.. from the recent DoJo Update. So I changed the player select tabs.
  • Made it "wide screen"
  • Added some shadow.
  • Added two 3d models-"VS" and "Smash Logo"

Croco

Smash Lord
Nice. It gets better and better!

Keep the good work, you'll achieve the best character selection screen out there.

(The new Icon looks like it will be that way in Brawl)
Thanks for the tip about the player select icons.. ;)
Oh and it would be cool if mine does.. but watch if Nintendo Power or if Sakurai shows the player select screen next month.. lol

Tanea

Smash Ace
wow iot looks better but whet are the hands and the selection coins?

im not knocking it it's good though

Croco

Smash Lord
Srsly Croco, change it back to the 2nd version! it was better
It you mean the question marks.. I guess I can try changing those.
I'm going to try and change the background to black and blue also.. like the screen shot from the demo player select screen.

Croco

Smash Lord
Version 3.. uploaded.
-Added-
  • Hand
  • Coin
-Changed-
  • Background
  • Top Area
  • Bottom Area
  • The player tabs

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well remember this is the demo version... you should have kept the previous BG and style because that is likely what it will be.

Anyways good job getting the real hand and coin in.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well remember this is the demo version... you should have kept the previous BG and style because that is likely what it will be.

Anyways good job getting the real hand and coin in.
Even if it's the demo.. I still think it has to be what the top and bottom areas will look like.
and thanks

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
The screen looks realistic. Good job on it.
If Sonic made it in, I really hope Megaman can too. =]

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Ohh this is a nice select screen the BEST I've seen. I also like that you don't add any characters before they are made official. I think you did very good on this select screen and, i cant wait to see how close you came to the real one when it comes out.

By the way: I think that it will be only one random but it's not a problem though

Croco

Smash Lord
So apparently, Capcom has some "Megaton Bomb" news to reveal this Monday...

Maybe, uhhh... you wanna make some room for some "mega" characters who might show up soon?
The 4 spots at the bottom are for 3rd party characters.
I'm praying that Megaman will be that big announcement.

The screen looks realistic. Good job on it.
If Sonic made it in, I really hope Megaman can too. =]
Same and thanks! :)

Ohh this is a nice select screen the BEST I've seen. I also like that you don't and any characters before they are made official. I think you did very good on this select screen and, i cant wait to see how close you came to the real one when it comes out.

By the way: I think that it will be only one random but it's not a problem though
Thanks.
I put 2 random buttons in to balance it out.. One button just through it off.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
this looks great...i want to play brawl so bad now...and keep improving and updating it...maybe you could make a fake stage selection screen with the demo screens too...:)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This is nicely done. Enough spaces to cover any characters to be announced and if you need more or less room you can easily just change it. :D

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
The 4 spots at the bottom are for 3rd party characters.
I'm praying that Megaman will be that big announcement.
Good thinking. I knew you had room, I was just looking for a clever way to make that announcement for those who didn't hear about it.

And I hope your four slots down there all go to good use.

Snake, Sonic... Megaman and Chrono/Sora for me.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
*post* I just wanna keep myself updated so I thought I'd subscribe... Btw, love the screen, it just makes the game feel so much more real when you have a character select screen slowly filling up.

I dunno if anyone's said it, but THANK YOU

Croco

Smash Lord
*post* I just wanna keep myself updated so I thought I'd subscribe... Btw, love the screen, it just makes the game feel so much more real when you have a character select screen slowly filling up.

I dunno if anyone's said it, but THANK YOU
thank you! :) & NP.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
make sure you keep this until when brawl comes out to see how good/not good you did.

Top Bottom