• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character & Stage Select Screen (UPDATED) - 01/23/08

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
48 characters, eh? :p

Very good. My favorite fake so far! It actually looks like the few menus that we've seen so far. Nice touch with the gamecube controllers!

Croco

Smash Lord
48 characters, eh? :p

Very good. My favorite fake so far! It actually looks like the few menus that we've seen so far. Nice touch with the gamecube controllers!
Thanks!
Yeah I choose 48 for now to avoid covering over any of the clone characters from Melee.
I could easily put Pokemon Trainer in Pichu's place and Ike in Roy's place.
Then I could cut the 8 slots at the bottom and bring the total down to 40.. which sounds more reasonable.

Croco

Smash Lord
Nice idea Croco, I prefer to see this than the characters page on the Dojo

Keep it up!

Why didn't you put MetaKnight and Snake???
Thanks! :)

One main reason..
We have yet to see Snake again.. and his look may have changed.. Both might also be in different poses.

So I'm just going to update it whenever Sakurai reveals a new character in order.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Only thing i don't like is how the text covers about half the picture and its just...A normal text and nothing special. It would look better if it was the font Sakurai used in this picture for Samus

Also make it like ssb64. With the text on the top left and no boxes behind it :D.

Anyways i don't want this to sound like a hate comment...I love it other then those things. The selection boxes look awesome!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Nice work there, very believable...

I like that you are putting on announced characters only and the style of the bottom section. Plus using brawls designs instead of random ones.

Dont like the way you've done thier names though... those are messy... and very unproffesional...

8.9/10 - sort out the names and you are gonna be near full marks!

Croco

Smash Lord
Only thing i don't like is how the text covers about half the picture and its just...A normal text and nothing special. It would look better if it was the font Sakurai used in this picture for Samus

Also make it like ssb64. With the text on the top left and no boxes behind it :D.

Anyways i don't want this to sound like a hate comment...I love it other then those things. The selection boxes look awesome!
Thanks. Any criticism is accepted. I'll try something like that to see how it looks.
Though to point something out.. I used the way Melee had it's character box slots..

Nice work there, very believable...

I like that you are putting on announced characters only and the style of the bottom section. Plus using brawls designs instead of random ones.

Dont like the way you've done thier names though... those are messy... and very unproffesional...

8.9/10 - sort out the names and you are gonna be near full marks!
Thanks. I wouldn't say that names look unprofessional though. Did you ever take a look at Melee's selection screen? Mine is almost done the same way.
Though I may have the font size off.. is that what is wrong?
Anyway I'm to try to fix it up later tonight.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Thanks. I wouldn't say that names look unprofessional though. Did you ever take a look at Melee's selection screen? Mine is almost done the same way.
Though I may have the font size off.. is that what is wrong?
Anyway I'm to try to fix it up later tonight.
It just looked all stretched and the yont looked wrong. Plus you could use abbreviation to make things readable (DK, PT, Diddy K). Do you think that you fade the top on the name-boxes so that it fades into the picture. I think that would look a lot better... and it would be easier on the eyes...

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

One main reason..
We have yet to see Snake again.. and his look may have changed.. Both might also be in different poses.

So I'm just going to update it whenever Sakurai reveals a new character in order.
Ok It's alright. Better that way.

Don't forget to keep this updated! and the melee boxes are better. Let it be as it is.

Edit: aaaa is good to look at it... can't wait to brawl

Croco

Smash Lord
i believe that authentic pokemon has some sort of accent over the "e", also they might abbreviate to PKMN
Thanks.
Hmmm I forgot about that 'é' in Pokémon. I may try the abbreviations also.

It just looked all stretched and the yont looked wrong. Plus you could use abbreviation to make things readable (DK, PT, Diddy K). Do you think that you fade the top on the name-boxes so that it fades into the picture. I think that would look a lot better... and it would be easier on the eyes...
Thanks for the tip.. I can try the fading and the abbreviations..It might take me some time though to fix it all.. I will need to cut out all the characters again.

Ok It's alright. Better that way.

Don't forget to keep this updated! and the melee boxes are better. Let it be as it is.

Edit: aaaa is good to look at it... can't wait to brawl
Thanks again. I will keep it updated. I've been working on it since Wario was announced.

Croco

Smash Lord
Ok it's UPDATED with a new look.
Took me a couple of hours.. lol like 3 hours..
I needed to cutout the characters again..
Though this time I was wise enough to save copies of the cutouts.

I need to fix a few other things..
*Add the shadow behind Yoshi..
*Add one of the master hand grabbing things..
*Add a token thingy..
*Fix the text in a few areas.

I'll show a updated one the next character update.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Sorry, but anything over 44 characters is just unrealistic.

Everything else looks superb though! It'll be fun to see how this compares to the real character select screen.

Croco

Smash Lord
Btw i was wondering how you decide where to place each character Croco? is there any method to this?
Sorta..
I'm adding boxes where the Melee characters were placed.
As time goes on and if I discover if any characters are removed.. I will start moving stuff around.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
LOL i got bored so i decided to make your character screen a little bit more real by adding it to my TV and taking a pic of it :p

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lols, it looks amazing! My only problem with it is Pokemon Trainer--I'd think you'd only see his face, not his pokemon

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
he will shift it w=around when the time comes, very nice work man, keep it up.

Croco

Smash Lord
ok it's updated..
I changed the colors in some areas. Added Ice Climbers in the in 2nd player slot.
also to point out.. the color order of the player select should be Red, Blue, Yellow and Green. I made a error before and had Yellow and Green switched.

now add snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just did.. lmao.

Lols, it looks amazing! My only problem with it is Pokemon Trainer--I'd think you'd only see his face, not his pokemon
I know what you mean.. but it actually started to bug me a bit because you play as the Pokemon and not just him.

he will shift it w=around when the time comes, very nice work man, keep it up.

I like this one!, good work :)
Thank you. :)

Top Bottom