• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Landing Lag

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I did this last night

Things worth Noticing:

1. It seems like a Hard fall happens every time you land unless you land during your jump's arc.
  2. This means that if your jab cancelling someone they have their hard fall landing lag when they hit the ground.
  3. This means Luigi has a guaranteed jab up-B on character's like D3
  4. ZZS always has 4 frames of landing lag when short hopping
  5. Squirtle always has 2 frames of landing lag when short hopping

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jump's "arc"? I'm pretty sure you get a light fall from a short-hop non-fastfall, and it seems you're guaranteed a hard fall regardless of height if you were hit by an opponent's attack while in the air. Also of note is that the light/hard fall animations are quite a bit longer, but IASA-able, unless you're a victim of the lag from certain recoveries (Marth, Mario, Luigi, etc.).

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
1. The lag I put is the lag after IASA

2. Check Squirtle's short hop fast fall, he only has 2 frames of lag

3. Check out ZZS' short hop slow fall. She has 4 frames of lag.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm almost entirely sure that you do a light fall if you land within 60 frames of the initial jump.

Light landing occurs when you hit the ground falling from a height less than or equal to the height of your short hop.

Hard landing occurs when you land from a height equal to or greater than you full hop.

Iirc you get a hard landing whenever you fast fall.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah but Squirtle and ZZS don't which is weird

T-block

B2B TST
Cool info... Squirtle is so cool.

Nothing changes if you air dodge into the ground, right? The numbers should still apply?

Why do you call her ZZS?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's a stupid error that I've made since brawl came out that I can't shake

@ Cape: Yeah, were, getting really close to having all important generalized frame data

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
ZSS can get a soft landing in her short hop if you air dodge to the ground. You can also get a soft landing after weak hits if you air dodge.

How'd you get different numbers in hard landing and short hop fast fall for D3 and DK? For D3's SHFF I got 6 and for DK I got 5.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Those were mistakes, my bad, I'll update. I"ll test what you said about air dodging and soft landing

Top Bottom