• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, I'll ask the obvious, even though I sort of already know the answer. What makes him special instead of just a mook with a nice hat?
Like @Autumn Breeze, the main thing is that he's been a consistent recurring character ever since Return to Dream Land. Playable appearances in RtDL, Rainbow Curse, Star Allies, and Kirby Fighters 2, (And the only player 2 in RC), being the food guy in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, and having a major role in Battle Royale's story mode. It should also be noted that he was in the base game of Star Allies and most likely the first Buddy you use in Kirby Fighters 2, so it seems like HAL considers him recognizable enough to be used so early.
I've seen some examples of moveset implementing other WD weapons like the Umbrella I could see him function without them, granted that would make his moveset more generic than the likes of triple D but I could see it being added more on the special move since Kirby games already provided him with enough attack that I'm sure Sakurai will ignore that and make a new one or some variation of it.

Other than that I honestly think he doesn't really need anymore new spirit battle for his board, there's already enough in base game better to add just 1 or 2 new ones wouldn't it?
The thing is that even with ARMS and XC2, they still brought in new Spirit Battles of their own. The general assumption is that even if they reuse old Spirits, a BWD pack would still bring new ones by default. That, and it can also give battles to Spirits that didn't have a battle before.
Wait, didn't I give Euden noms last time?
Huh, must've missed that. Added to the list.

NinJeds

Smash Rookie
I don’t have much to say about Bandanna Dee but I will suggest a possible stage for him...

Haltmann’s Office/Star Dream

I think this would be a pretty cool cinematic flyby stage similar to Northern Cave, look incredibly gorgeous and distinct, and would give Modern Kirby it’s do in the stage department.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Um, I feel like I might be walking a fine line here, but is it alright if we address the... "you know what"?

ZelDan

Smash Master
yeah I have no idea what "you know what" is supposed to be either lol.

What I DO know however is that Kirby games have some damn great music that should be/should have been added:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'd like to think that Bandana Dee's trailer theme would be "Dededestroyer Z" from Battle Royale.
  • Battle Royale was arguably BD's most prominent role thus far, actually giving him dialogue and story significance.
  • It's a remix of the Masked Dedede theme, which is very iconic yet not in Smash yet.
  • Bandana Dee is associated with Dedede (not as much nowadays, but the two have similar roles as Kirby's friends and BD was once treated as a special elite soldier under Dedede).

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
OOOH WAIT actually one song I would love to see come with a Bandana Dee Challenger Pack is the Apple Juice Song. It’s a vocal remix of Apple Harvest from Kirby Battle Royale that was made for an anniversary arrangements album.

The lyrics are sung from Bandana Dee’s point of view about how he wants to train and get stronger like Kirby, and drink lots of apple juice. It’s the most adorable thing ever

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hint: it starts with "Goomba" and ends with "hat".
Well, we did address that earlier.
The most obvious choice for a Final Smash is the Megaton Punch.
What it really comes down to is he’s an actual character and the clear 4th star of Kirby from everything from game roles to various promotional material. Like if you changed his design to something more original his qualifications would be clearly inarguable.
Like @Autumn Breeze, the main thing is that he's been a consistent recurring character ever since Return to Dream Land. Playable appearances in RtDL, Rainbow Curse, Star Allies, and Kirby Fighters 2, (And the only player 2 in RC), being the food guy in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, and having a major role in Battle Royale's story mode. It should also be noted that he was in the base game of Star Allies and most likely the first Buddy you use in Kirby Fighters 2, so it seems like HAL considers him recognizable enough to be used so early.
Either way, I don't see it being that much of a downside. Waddle Dees are nice, and an interview has stated that he was originally conceived as representation for Waddle Dees anyways, so it's not necessarily wrong. It's just that he's become his own character now, and not just a figurehead for Dees.

Said interview also notes that he was originally going to have an extra mode to himself like Dedede and Meta Knight, but that was expanded into the Guest Star mode for Kirby's anniversary. Hopefully, we'll be able to see that extra mode come to fruition some day.

amageish

Smash Master
I've seen some examples of moveset implementing other WD weapons like the Umbrella I could see him function without them, granted that would make his moveset more generic than the likes of triple D but I could see it being added more on the special move since Kirby games already provided him with enough attack that I'm sure Sakurai will ignore that and make a new one or some variation of it.

Other than that I honestly think he doesn't really need anymore new spirit battle for his board, there's already enough in base game better to add just 1 or 2 new ones wouldn't it?
I don't think you'd need to add that many new spirits, but for the sake of making the DLC value on parity with the other fighters. So, I'd hope for 5-6 new ones at least, though I'll admit it'd be a bit difficult to figure out what Kirby spirits would make the jump onto the board otherwise... I guess maybe you just have to pick the game the stage is from and make it so the spirit board matches that?

Hint: it starts with "Goomba" and ends with "hat".
I think the "mook with a hat" comment was really just a variation of that, but Bandana Dee is the Kirby's IP default player 4 (and sometimes even player 2) at this point. Eventually you just become relevant enough to merit inclusion in crossovers. Plus, the point of this thread is to explore content/concepts, not to argue about if their traits are unique enough to make them a likely inclusion.

D

Deleted member

My preferred option for a stage is definitely Waddle Dee Train Tracks. It has these goofy trains with Waddle Dee faces that come in and out of the background to hit players. Even before the enemy type got its own Kirby Fighters stage I wanted an original Bandana Dee smash stage to be based off of it. It just goes to show dreams do come true in some capacity sometimes.
15488FD9-9A8D-4D2D-9F63-68D59F9DF810.jpeg

ECE9CE79-B200-47AA-99F5-28ECEE89A43F.jpeg

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You'd think "Goomba with a hat" would have died after, well, you know...

:ultpiranha:
I think they want to believe that Piranha Plant is a special exception, and that BWD would mean it isn't.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
You'd think "Goomba with a hat" would have died after, well, you know...

:ultpiranha:
While I agree.....

I also would like Dr. Goomba Tower just because that character design is fire. So I just don't want to hate on goomba with a hat for Bandana Dee or for goombas with hats.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Might as well post my own Bandana Dee moveset
Alright, here's my moveset. It's largely based on an old one I made, but I added a couple little touchups. The up aerial, in particular, is based off of a moveset JCKirbs JCKirbs posted in RTC, though it was for the up tilt and not the up aerial.

Bandana Waddle Dee is a relatively simple character, keeping in line with Kirby's easy, casual gameplay. Much like how Kirby is a beginner-friendly character in general, Bandana Dee is a beginner-friendly zoner. He's fairly mobile, with decent speed both on the ground and in the air. He fights with his trusty spear, which sometimes doubles up as a parasol. As a result, he has decently long disjoints, which makes him stand out from the other small characters, who mostly fight at close range. However, he suffers from being light and easy to launch, and his range is balanced by his so-so damage output.

Attributes:
While Bandana Dee lacks any real gimmicks, he does have a handful of noteworthy attributes.
  • Much like Marth's Falchion, Bandana Dee's spear has a sweetspot at the end.
  • Bandana Dee's parasol attacks (Up smash, up aerial, and down special) can reflect projectiles.
  • Bandana Dee has access to a back tilt as well as a forward tilt, based on his Back Thrust attack.
Normals
  • Jab - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward twice.
    • Flurry Attack - Bandana Dee rapidly stabs forward, finishing with a final thrust.
  • Forward Tilt - Bandana Dee jabs his spear forward twice. Resembles Joker's side tilt, but with a spear. A good poking tool.
  • Back Tilt (Back Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him. Deals less damage, but has the longest range of all his ground attacks.
  • Up Tilt (Skyward Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards. A quick anti-air tool, it can also be used to get enemies up in the air, like Sephiroth's up tilt.
  • Down Tilt - A slide kick.
  • Dash Attack - Bandana Dee lunges forward and thrusts his spear. Laggy, but one of his strongest ground moves.
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash - Bandana Dee twirls his spear, then stabs forward.
  • Up Smash - Bandana Dee unfurls his parasol. As mentioned above, this attack covers his head and acts as a barrier, blocking attacks and reflecting projectiles.
  • Down Smash - Bandana Dee spins his spear around himself on the ground. Covers a decent area around him, but the spear's low width makes it hard to hit opponents that aren't grounded.
Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial - Bandana Dee twirls his spear around himself like a fan. Resembles Pit's neutral aerial.
  • Forward Aerial - Bandana Dee swings his spear in front of him. Resembles Byleth's forward aerial.
  • Back Aerial - Bandana Dee rears his spear forward, then smashes the opponent with the blunt end. While slow, it is one of his strongest attacks..
  • Up Aerial (Parasol)- Bandana Dee jabs his parasol above his head. While weak on it's own, this move has some unique attributes and utilities.
    • Holding the button causes him to unfurl the parasol, slowing his descent and granting him great aerial mobility. The parasol also has a weak hitbox; Due to the extremely minor knockback, this move can be used to stunlock enemies and rack up some serious damage. For the sake of balancing, Bandana Dee is sent into freefall after using this move.
    • In addition, releasing the button causes Bandana Dee to let go of the parasol, causing it to fly up. If an opponent touches it, they will take minor damage and be carried upwards, much like Mega Man's up aerial. Do note that the parasol flies up faster than the knockback it deals, so it'll eventually go through the opponent and leave them, so they won't be carried into the blast zone unless really close to it.
  • Down Air (Moon Drop) - A falling stab. While the move can meteor smash, the small hitbox makes it rather tricky to pull off, especially when it's sending Bandana Dee hurling into the blast zone when used off-stage.
Throws
  • Grab - Bandana Dee reaches out and grabs the opponent.
  • Pummel - Bandana Dee sharply jabs the opponent with his spear.
  • Forward Throw - Bandana Dee throws the opponent like a javelin. The thrown opponent can deal damage to the other fighters it hits.
  • Back Throw - A back drop. Resembles Kirby's back throw.
  • Up Throw (Circus Throw) - Bandana Dee juggles the opponent above his head with his parasol, then tosses them upwards.
  • Down Throw (Megaton Punch) - Bandana Dee jumps up and punches the opponent. Buries opponents.
Specials
  • Neutral Special (Spear Throw) - Bandana Dee throws his spear like a javelin. Charging it will increase the power, distance amount of spears thrown, maxing out at three.
  • Side Special (Parasol Drill) - Bandana Dee rushes forward, holding his parasol in front of him. The parasol will reflect projectiles, making it a great move for defense and approaches.
  • Up Special (Waddle Copter) - Bandana Dee spins his spear above his head, propelling him into the air. Can be charged to increase distance. After entering freefall, he slowly spins the spear above his head, dealing light damage to whoever touches it.
  • Down Special (Ground Spear) - Bandana Dee stabs his spear into the ground, then rushes forward, finishing by swinging the spear out of the ground. Pressing the attack button in the middle of the move causes him to transition into a pole vault.
    • Crescent Swing - Using this move in the air causes Bandana Dee to swing his spear in an arc above his head. resembles Byleth's aerial side special.
  • Final Smash (Waddle Dee Army) - Bandana Dee calls forth an army of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and various other Kirby enemies to assault the stage. Effectively the same as Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl, though with a bit more enemy variety.
One thing I think would be cool is the up air parasol concept I added. Would be a unique twist on a standard move without feeling too invasive as a gimmick.

D

Deleted member

Might as well post my own Bandana Dee moveset

One thing I think would be cool is the up air parasol concept I added. Would be a unique twist on a standard move without feeling too invasive as a gimmick.
I really like the tilts. Forward and backward especially. I remember always just copying jab for ftilt, but yours is a lot better. There’s not a lot to really discuss with Dee’s moveset since Kirby games largely take care of it by virtue of having similar controls, but the only thing I had in mind that yours doesn’t cover is Waddle Doos. They give the Beam ability, so I always liked the idea of a side b that references that with the Beam’s main attack.
D1A99064-6144-432D-9BAC-01D03E136D18.jpeg

Maybe have it be a large but slow paralyzing tether? Just a little nod that helps to spice things up a bit.

Edit: To clarify, yours does have Waddle Doos in the Final Smash but I wasn’t counting that since I think Megaton Punch works better. Oops

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I really like the tilts. Forward and backward especially. I remember always just copying jab for ftilt, but yours is a lot better. There’s not a lot to really discuss with Dee’s moveset since Kirby games largely take care of it by virtue of having similar controls, but the only thing I had in mind that yours doesn’t cover is Waddle Doos. They give the Beam ability, so I always liked the idea of a side b that references that with the Beam’s main attack.
View attachment 314748
Maybe have it be a large but slow paralyzing tether? Just a little nod that helps to spice things up a bit.

Edit: To clarify, yours does have Waddle Doos in the Final Smash but I wasn’t counting that since I think Megaton Punch works better. Oops
That raises a couple questions, because Dees and Doos are still different, albeit similar, and it would be a bit odd for Bandana Dee to pull a beam scepter out of nowhere when he's never done so before. I feel like it's a bit trickier to adapt than the parasol, which is a standard Waddle Dee item rather than being derived from a natural ability, plus the fact that BWD's actually been shown using a parasol in Battle Royale.

That being said, the Beam ability is one of the most iconic Kirby abilities, and it's kinda awkward that it isn't represented in Smash. I feel like it'd work well on a Kirby moveset revamp.

D

Deleted member

That raises a couple questions, because Dees and Doos are still different, albeit similar, and it would be a bit odd for Bandana Dee to pull a beam scepter out of nowhere when he's never done so before. I feel like it's a bit trickier to adapt than the parasol, which is a standard Waddle Dee item rather than being derived from a natural ability, plus the fact that BWD's actually been shown using a parasol in Battle Royale.

That being said, the Beam ability is one of the most iconic Kirby abilities, and it's kinda awkward that it isn't represented in Smash. I feel like it'd work well on a Kirby moveset revamp.
Smash has done a myriad of things like this before so I don’t think it’d be out of place. ZSS got rocket heels because Sakurai thought it’d fit her, characters like Fox and Falcon are entirely made up, Ness uses his party members’ PSI attacks, and the list goes on. The only reason it isn’t as natural as the parasol or spear is it hasn’t been done before. Characters like Sheik are built entirely off of “cool ninja stuff” so Bandana Dee doing “cool Waddle Dee/Doo stuff” for a moveset isn’t a stretch at all.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Smash has done a myriad of things like this before so I don’t think it’d be out of place. ZSS got rocket heels because Sakurai thought it’d fit her, characters like Fox and Falcon are entirely made up, Ness uses his party members’ PSI attacks, and the list goes on. The only reason it isn’t as natural as the parasol or spear is it hasn’t been done before. Characters like Sheik are built entirely off of “cool ninja stuff” so Bandana Dee doing “cool Waddle Dee/Doo stuff” for a moveset isn’t a stretch at all.
Yeah, but I still feel like it's a bit of a thematic jump to go from fairly mundane weapons (For a certain definition of weapon, in the case of the parasol) to a magic(?) wand. Guess it's more or less a personal preference; I've mainly pictured Bandana Dee as the most "normal" of the main Kirby team and the beam scepter feels a bit weird on him, if that makes sense.

Pillow

Smash Lord
While I'm not completely unfamiliar with the Kirby series, my experience is mostly limited to the older titles before BWD claimed his current role as Kirby's 4th guy.

In terms of moveset, I actually hope that he moves away from the "spearfighter" archetype and leans more on the more fantastical and silly elements from the Kirby games. So yeah, Parasol, Beam Whip, etc. should all be included in his bag of tricks. The biggest reason for this is, he's a spear fighter with stubby arms and a short spear - which basically isn't spear fighting at all, and that's totally fine!

I know he's had the multiple jump thing sometimes (I think everyone in star allies did? I only played that game for like 10 minutes) but I also think he should be a more grounded focused fighter rather than the more floaty aerial fighter the other spherical smash characters are, so I'd like if he just had 2/3 jumps offset by maybe greater speed (plus usual weapon fighter disjointed hitbox, multihits, etc.) It'd also make having a parasol on him more interesting as he can mix up his aerial movement by stalling with it, even if he's less floaty and doesn't have 5 jumps.

I also agree he should have a relatively straightforward moveset. No need to think too hard for this one, he's got plenty of material to draw from.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Something I think worth noting about Bandana Dee is that despite his stubbiness relative to a more humanoid spear fighter, he'd still have a lot more range than most smaller characters. Meta Knight is a good example of this; Even though he has a sword, his range isn't than much more than his peers, like Pichu and Kirby. I think Bandana Dee could stand out by having the range of Link or Marth on a much smaller package.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Bandana Dee has shown up in a few smash fan games and mods. How do people feel about how he was interpreted in these fan creations?
I don't think they're perfect, but they work.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee has shown up in a few smash fan games and mods. How do people feel about how he was interpreted in these fan creations?
I don't think they're perfect, but they work.
I'd be down for something like this, the first one especially, though as mentioned earlier I'd prefer if they held off on the Beam abilities.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'm gonna give some feedback on the movesets posted since I think that's a big draw of this thread and I haven't seen many others commenting on them thus far.

The Specials seem on point here, simple and colorful and very Dee. Only thing I wanted to mention was it's helpful to include a "general" playstyle section as well because while a lot of the moves seem fitting to a character, it's how they come together and play that makes a fighting game moveset. I'd also include stats like weight, fall speed, etc. as well.

I made a Bandana Dee moveset myself for the Smash Infinite thread. It wasn't accepted, but I'm still proud of it.

I've also come up with two different Spirit Board concepts for him.
Random unrepresented characters:

Dream Friends:
Moveset seems good here too. It's kind of hard to mess up with Dee it seems. Personally I'd like if he wasn't as floaty as the other Kirby guys, but that's just a matter of taste. I'm also not sure how slow you envisioned him but he doesn't have to be that slow, because his spear is still pretty short so his disjoints would still give him less range than FE swordies (who are by no means slow).

D

Deleted member

Before the day wraps up I'll quickly post a challenger pack concept for the little guy.

Stage: Waddle Dee Train Tracks

Colors:
  1. Default
  2. Yellow
  3. Blue
  4. Green
  5. Red
  6. Pink
  7. Purple
  8. Greyscale

• Ground Moves
    • Jab: Multispear Attack
    • Dash Attack: Ground Thrust
    • Forward Tilt: Spear Thrust
      • Can input another Ftilt backwards to use Back Thrust, kind of like Min Min.
    • Down Tilt: Slide
    • Up Tilt: Raises parasol above him
  • Smash Attacks
    • Forward Smash: Parasol Swing
      • Weak windbox on the water droplets
    • Down Smash: A downward facing Waddle Copter
    • Up Smash: Skyward Thrust
  • Aerials
    • Neutral Air: Spins spear around him
    • Forward Air: Spear Thrust, but it's in the air
    • Back Air: Jabs with butt-end of spear
    • Down Air: Moon Drop
    • Up Air: Parasol Drift
      • Fastfall to cancel slowed descent
  • Specials
    • Neutral Special: Waddle Spear Throw
      • Charge to use Waddle Triple Throw
    • Side Special: Beam Whip
      • Paralyzes & acts as a tether recovery
    • Down Special: Parasol Shield
      • Reflector; can be turned around
    • Up Special: Waddle Copter
      • Charge to travel further
  • Throws
    • Forward Throw: Capture Beam
    • Back Throw: Beam Blast (inverted)
      • Beam projectiles go up and behind Bandana Dee instead of forward and below
    • Down Throw: Parasol Twirl
    • Up Throw: Circus Throw
  • Final Smash: Megaton Punch
    • Succeed at the QTEs for massive damage

Classic Mode Route: Weapon Master (battles against characters with multiple weapons)
  1. Snake
  2. Ness & Lucas
  3. Robin
  4. Simon & Richter
  5. Mega Man
  6. Link, Young Link, & Toon Link (King Dedede as ally)
  7. Boss: Galleom (King Dedede as ally)

1. Dream Team (Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, & Bandana Dee) (Legendary Support Spirit)
  2. Sailor Waddle Dee
  3. Taranza
  4. Waddle Dee Train
  5. Dark Meta Knight
  6. Adeleine & Ribbon

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
oh yeah i need to ask a question to get the 5 extra noms.
View attachment 314809
is bandana Dee's orange section a fleshy texture or a fur-like one?
Well... I...
Rowlet.png

What have you done
Going to jump in and ask a late question as well:

In regards to Dee's range, what would be the most prominent / likely trade off? End lag, or the spear being rather narrow for most of his moves?
I'd imagine there'd be a little bit of endlag, but not too much to avoid clashing with what would most likely be a decently mobile character. I think the main issue would be a narrow range, kinda like with the Belmonts. Aside from that, maybe he also doesn't have much kill power? The little spears don't strike me as really heavy weapons.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah i need to ask a question to get the 5 extra noms.

is bandana Dee's orange section a fleshy texture or a fur-like one?
Texture-wise, Bandana Dee is like a wheel of cheese

The orange is the outer coating while his face is the cheesy middle

In regards to Dee's range, what would be the most prominent / likely trade off? End lag, or the spear being rather narrow for most of his moves?
I see his main drawbacks being a mixture of narrow hitboxes and being a lightweight. He has a nice combination of having a small hurtbox and big disjoints, so I can see them taking a page from Sephiroth's book and making him rather light. I also could see them not making his disjoints as powerful as, say, Sephiroth's or Byleth's longer aerials.

Paraster

Smash Lord

My moveset used a Beam attack for down special, but I tried to justify it more by having Bandana Dee have his spear be electrically-charged (a la Star Allies's elemental effects) instead of summoning a scepter. Do you think this is a good compromise?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
My moveset used a Beam attack for down special, but I tried to justify it more by having Bandana Dee have his spear be electrically-charged (a la Star Allies's elemental effects) instead of summoning a scepter. Do you think this is a good compromise?
Hmm... Well, that could work. A bit odd if it's the one time he uses it, but it's not too jarring.

D

Deleted member

I imagine him as a lightweight, with average dash speed and below average air speed. The spear is self-balancing in a way, as it's used to create thin hitboxes that have poor reward if not tippered. Honestly he'd probably have good frame data on most moves, but be hurt by sourspots & relatively poor character stats. He'd still have good aerial movement options with the parasol, spearcopter, and multiple jumps though. The gameplan is to zone and play footsies at midrange and get the opponent in the air, where Dee can juggle with spearcopter or threaten edgeguards by being able to go deep.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Texture-wise, Bandana Dee is like a wheel of cheese

The orange is the outer coating while his face is the cheesy middle

I see his main drawbacks being a mixture of narrow hitboxes and being a lightweight. He has a nice combination of having a small hurtbox and big disjoints, so I can see them taking a page from Sephiroth's book and making him rather light. I also could see them not making his disjoints as powerful as, say, Sephiroth's or Byleth's longer aerials.
so i can cut a slice of bandana dee with a butter knife. good to know.

amageish

Smash Master
so i can cut a slice of bandana dee with a butter knife. good to know.

Based on the Kirby Cafe, Waddle Dees are made out of the rice part of omurice. Very cutable.

Now I'm hungry.

Anyway... If we're already rounding Parasol Dee into Bandana Dee's kit, then I don't think a Beam Dee would be that too far. It's not like we're bringing out Sailor Waddle Dee or the Microphone Waddle Dee in there...

On that note, what would you expect Dee's alts to be like? I imagine we need the yellow and green ones from Rainbow Curse, plus probably a black/white Dee because nostalgia?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Based on the Kirby Cafe, Waddle Dees are made out of the rice part of omurice. Very cutable.

Now I'm hungry.

Anyway... If we're already rounding Parasol Dee into Bandana Dee's kit, then I don't think a Beam Dee would be that too far. It's not like we're bringing out Sailor Waddle Dee or the Microphone Waddle Dee in there...

On that note, what would you expect Dee's alts to be like? I imagine we need the yellow and green ones from Rainbow Curse, plus probably a black/white Dee because nostalgia?
To be fair, Bandana Dee has used a parasol himself before, so there's a bit more precedence for that
1620787293291.png

It should also be noted that strictly speaking, there isn't a Beam Dee with a scepter. There's Waddle Doos, but they shoot the beam from their eyes. Granted, the playable Doos in Star Allies used the beam rod, presumably for the sake of making sure they have the same range as Beam Kirby, but Dees specifically haven't actually been seen using a beam scepter yet. I'd be fine with Bandana Dee taking some elements from Waddle Dees as a species, but that group doesn't have the little wands.

Regarding the alts, I think it'd be cool if we have half his alts literally be the Clay Bandana Dees from KatRC. Just a neat little nod that goes beyond the standard recolors.

amageish

Smash Master
To be fair, Bandana Dee has used a parasol himself before, so there's a bit more precedence for that
View attachment 314825
It should also be noted that strictly speaking, there isn't a Beam Dee with a scepter. There's Waddle Doos, but they shoot the beam from their eyes. Granted, the playable Doos in Star Allies used the beam rod, presumably for the sake of making sure they have the same range as Beam Kirby, but Dees specifically haven't actually been seen using a beam scepter yet. I'd be fine with Bandana Dee taking some elements from Waddle Dees as a species, but that group doesn't have the little wands.

Regarding the alts, I think it'd be cool if we have half his alts literally be the Clay Bandana Dees from KatRC. Just a neat little nod that goes beyond the standard recolors.
Right, that is a good point! I still think the little wands wouldn't be that much of a stretch by Smash kit standards, but it would be more of a stretch then I made it sound.

Clay Bandana Dee would be nice to see! That was a really fun game; I kind of wish it worked better on the console it was on given how it was HD on a screen the main player could never/rarely look at...

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Here's a moveset that I made for Bandana Dee:

It focuses on moves and abilities that I think fit him best as a character while giving additional functionalities to some of those moves in the process.
I kinda don't see, nor honestly think that Bandana Dee should utilize stuff like the Beam ability or Elemental abilities just to keep him on the same grounds as the rest of the Kirby characters in Smash when it comes to their own personal abilities.

As for a stage, this idea has been tossed around a bit, but I think a Lor Starcutter stage (in which players fight on the Lor as it tours iconic locales in the Kirby universe, including Another Dimension) would be pretty neat still.

As for Spirits, he could probably promote Star Allies (assuming that he couldn't promote a newer Kirby game), since some notable characters are missing, including Dream Friends like Taranza.

Top Bottom