• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wasn't frothing. I was questioning your sanity. I still am honestly as you don't know what 'had you guys going' means and the fact Blue's arguments for Bayonetta and Young Link are more convincing
You were cursing worse than a drunk Space Pirate with a painful venereal disease.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Serious question:

Does Metroid need a new rep so badly that we're resorting to a character who thus far has only appeared in one spin-off and had a cameo in a Prime game?
No. If they're not going to add in the only remotely qualified candidate in Ridley, they might as well have some shred of respect for his fans and not put in someone else just for the sake of "muh reps."

Pakky

Smash Hero
Would it be a scumbag move to have both a Dark Samus and a dark Zero suit Samus? Because I could honestly see Dark Samus returning in some ridiculous way,

Would it be a scumbag move to have both a Dark Samus and a dark Zero suit Samus? Because I could honestly see Dark Samus returning in some ridiculous way,
Dark samus would be fine.
dark ZSS though. . .

There was just an interview saying DS's story is over so the return wouldnt be for a long time probably.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Is it still possible to get another Sega or Namco character or have the additional costumes sealed the deal on that whole thing?

Also I personally wouldn't mind it if Snake, Rayman, or both were the last third party characters. Shantae ain't bad either, but thanks to that francisco during the late winter that lead into the Smashified series proper I could see Rayman being added. The model is already made mapped, and textured. it just needs to be rigged which with it being posed that might have already been done. Though to see a fight between Snake and Ryu would be amazing.

Oni, we have Dark ZSS

Hello m'lady, may court you?

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Starfox should get Andross with a body and power gloves. Fire Emblem gets two clones of one character and two additional original characters. Let us liven up the Star Fox franchise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Starfox should get Andross with a body and power gloves. Fire Emblem gets two clones of one character and two additional original characters. Let us liven up the Star Fox franchise.

Eh...Star Fox...A franchise that many thought was dead...Having Andross with a new design...I'm not a Star Fox fan, but isn't Krystal a pretty popular choice? Besides, FE is a much larger franchise, so saying "muh FE reps" in comparison to Star Fox that has the same plot in Star Fox, 64 and now Zero is kinda dumb

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Seems like Krystal's time to get in came and went with Brawl...
It's hard to argue that, especially as she's not in Zero and the main reason people wanted her was in the franchise's worst name
*shudders*

Slippy > Krystal :troll:
14 games man, not even Metroid has 14 games
Not even Tingle would create that much salt!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Doesn't FE have the same plot? Lord fights a villain and marries girl. Or is it reversed? Or do I have it mixed up? Lord marries villain and fights girl.

Anyways, Star Fox actually has a Wii U game coming out. Might be time to give Andross a body.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Doesn't FE have the same plot? Lord fights a villain and marries girl. Or is it reversed? Or do I have it mixed up? Lord marries villain and fights girl.

Anyways, Star Fox actually has a Wii U game coming out. Might be time to give Andross a body.
The Fire Emblem games mostly share the common plot of "X Villain threatens Y Land and Y Land's Royalty Member gathers an army to stop it."

But that story is told in different ways with a different setting and cast of characters almost every time.

It's like saying :4mario: & :4link: are the same story because it's a dude fighting a villain to rescue a princess.

Hell... it's like saying all the Final Fantasy games have the same plot. That's the best comparison I can say.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Fire Emblem games mostly share the common plot of "X Villain threatens Y Land and Y Land's Royalty Member gathers an army to stop it."

But that story is told in different ways with a different setting and cast of characters almost every time.

It's like saying :4mario: & :4link: are the same story because it's a dude fighting a villain to rescue a princess.

Hell... it's like saying all the Final Fantasy games have the same plot. That's the best comparison I can say.
Metroid is "**** happens. Samus sorts **** out, most likely proving that GF has vapour for brains"
Plot for FFVI is better than FFVII as far as I know as Kefka actually gets **** done while Sephiroth only attempts to get **** done despite having 1 hp because mummy Jenova said so

~Neutral~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neutral12
3DS FC
1779-1084-1092
I think we'll be getting another character announcement before the Ballot reveal that contains Wolf + Krystal to celebrate the release of Star Fox Zero. Probably a popular opinion but yea, lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They wouldn't use Krystal to promote Zero considering she doesn't seem to be in it... Wolf suffices...

~Neutral~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neutral12
3DS FC
1779-1084-1092
Aren't Krystal fans pissed like us Metroid fans?
Probably. I'm personally not a hardcore fan, but I can definitely feel their pain.

I don't think they're going to directly use Krystal as a way to promote Star Fox Zero. But rather, it could be a surprise announcement in a similar way Ryu was in the most recent smash direct? Really I just want another unique Star Fox character other than Wolf for a change, would be a great way to mix things up in that line of characters. Unfortunate if Sakurai isn't considering it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Krystal used to be my second most wanted character, but steadily since Brawl my hopes for her have declined. They would've picked right back up when the new SF got announced last year if it weren't for the fact that EAD and especially Miyamoto were confirmed to be making it.

She's still in my top five... but I think her time has come and gone. :(

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope the Wii U sticks around a while longer, if feels like it just got started.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm thinking they meant to say "unpopular opinion".
Which is false, expecting character reveals for Smash at every possible opportunity is QUITE a popular opinion.
SAKURAI'S GOING TO ANNOUNCE A POPULAR REDHEAD FROM FIRE EMBLEM AS DLC AT THE FIRE EMBLEM CONCERT! ANNA CONFIRMED! In all seriousness, people have too much hopes for Smash. Wish we hadn't had our hopes and dreams crushed by Nintendo for the most part Tuesday. Triforce Heroes is probably a mustbuy for me. Also, to the people that joked about 3 Links stacked together for Smash, (Burruni) Triple Bowser from Mario Maker would be better imo

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem gets two clones of one character and two additional original characters.
1: You could argue the same about the Mario series. :4luigi::4drmario: Roy is more on the Luigi side of being a clone, Lucina is on the Dr. Mario side.
2: If original characters means :4myfriends::4robinm: then that's stupid. Ike is anything but an original character.
3: If original characters means :4robinm::4robinf: then that's also stupid. For one thing the Robins are the same exact character, and for another, Character creator engine's default appearance =/= Original character
I'm thinking they meant to say "unpopular opinion".
Which is false, expecting character reveals for Smash at every possible opportunity is QUITE a popular opinion.
Although expecting very many DLC characters is QUITE an unpopular opinion.

I like how Star Fox Zero is all about bringing back characters, and they leave out a reoccurring one.

Burruni

Smash Hero
SAKURAI'S GOING TO ANNOUNCE A POPULAR REDHEAD FROM FIRE EMBLEM AS DLC AT THE FIRE EMBLEM CONCERT! ANNA CONFIRMED! In all seriousness, people have too much hopes for Smash. Wish we hadn't had our hopes and dreams crushed by Nintendo for the most part Tuesday. Triforce Heroes is probably a mustbuy for me. Also, to the people that joked about 3 Links stacked together for Smash, (Burruni) Triple Bowser from Mario Maker would be better imo
If only....

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
We totally need Buzzy Beetle Hat Mario to reppityreprep the relevant popularity push recency importance deservity that is Mario Maker.

What do you mean boring?
Mario Maker is top relevant popularity push recency importance and deserves a rep

Triple Bowser is good but doesn't reppityrep Mario Maker as well as Buzzy Beetle Hat Mario.

Oh and Sakurai goes to his backyard tomorrow with bugs so duh he's going to get announced there to criss-cross-promitiyote Mario Maker.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We totally need Buzzy Beetle Hat Mario to reppityreprep the relevant popularity push recency importance deservity that is Mario Maker.
What do you mean boring?
Mario Maker is top relevant popularity push recency importance and deserves a rep
Triple Bowser is good but doesn't reppityrep Mario Maker as well as Buzzy Beetle Hat Mario.
Oh and Sakurai goes to his backyard tomorrow with bugs so duh he's going to get announced there to criss-cross-promitiyote Mario Maker.
Pretty sure Sakurai has an apartment. No backyard.
Argument rekt.
By the way this running joke isn't really that funny.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't wait until they add 8-bit Mario to Smash because of relevancy and promotion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

What do you mean boring?

I'm actually expected Mario Maker to do in Japan, though the fact it literally releases on 9/11 might not be good for the Western launch. Seriously, I raised an eyebrow when seeing that and my friends thought "Why do this as an American release date?"

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Aren't Krystal fans pissed like us Metroid fans?
Well Krystal Fans don't really have.... anything, she might not be there, but she also doesn't have a really poorly made reason why she's not there either

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm actually expected Mario Maker to do in Japan, though the fact it literally releases on 9/11 might not be good for the Western launch. Seriously, I raised an eyebrow when seeing that and my friends thought "Why do this as an American release date?"
Conspiracy Theorists roll out and prep your Tin Foil hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom