• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Loophole: Change the Tingle AT's name to "Toon Tingle", and add this guy as a playable character. :awesome:

Sounds good, hmm?
I'm sorry, but Tingle has always been creepy as **** to me and I'd rather have other characters instead of him. I'm not trying to bash him, just dislike his character

Sorry about my noobieness, but what does Q4 mean?
Anytime from October-December 31

I would love Impa, but she doesn't seem to have much moveset potential from the core Zelda games.
Fox and Captain Falcon were in their vehicles prior to Smash Bros and they made a moveset for them via scratch. I don't see how they can create something for Impa if they did for those two

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is still the best choice for a Zelda newcomer, no joke. Those who deny her moveset potential should check the Impa thread.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Guess I made a mistake. He only appears in Tengoku and Fever. I thought for sure he was the mascot. He certainly is glorified in Fever though. The Rhythm Heaven series doesn't seem to be very consistent with it's character placement. The only character I know of that stayed in the game for all three games is Karate Joe. I'll keep Marshal on my roster though, I already made a move set for him, and it still suits him. (Also I think a sound based move set would get a little annoying.)

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 She? She who? Impa? She would be cool. I dunno what she could do though. (The only Legend of Zelda game I am completely familiar with is Majora's Mask. I haven't even finished Twilight Princess.)

@ CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 Giant Cucoo for smash? That would be ridiculous............Lets do it!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I believe she won't be a clone otherwise we'd probably have seen her as an alt to Sheik already.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm sure the minute Impa gets revealed as a clone, Diddy would fly to Japan and beat the **** out of Sakurai for it.

Actually you know what? Impa clone for 5mash confirmed

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Guess I made a mistake. He only appears in Tengoku and Fever. I thought for sure he was the mascot. He certainly is glorified in Fever though. The Rhythm Heaven series doesn't seem to be very consistent with it's character placement. The only character I know of that stayed in the game for all three games is Karate Joe. I'll keep Marshal on my roster though, I already made a move set for him, and it still suits him. (Also I think a sound based move set would get a little annoying.)
He doesn't even appear in Tengoku, only Fever, and I wouldn't say he was glorified in that game. He was just there to explain how the game is played at the very beginning and then didn't show up again until the ending credits. He's probably not even going to be in the new Rhythm Heaven for 3DS while Chorus Kids and Karate Joe are.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So there's a Most Wanted DLC poll that's been going on recently. Who do you all think will win the entire thing?

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, refer to this:

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...dlc-day-1-jeff-vs-isaac.394267/#post-18731202
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...comer-dlc-day-2-hades-vs-captain-toad.394337/
http://challonge.com/Kingduvroc
Why the heck is Tharja on that list? It is impossible for her to be in the game without it going up into a hard T rating.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ice Climbers or Wolf. Hopefully we keep a lot of the worthier characters around for the later rounds, though. It'd be crummy to lose a big name early, with, say, "Lucas vs. Dixie," leaving the winner to ROFLStomp Nabbit a round or two later.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So there's a Most Wanted DLC poll that's been going on recently. Who do you all think will win the entire thing?

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, refer to this:

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...dlc-day-1-jeff-vs-isaac.394267/#post-18731202
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...comer-dlc-day-2-hades-vs-captain-toad.394337/
http://challonge.com/Kingduvroc
why there is assist trophy/pokeball/a 2nd character from a 3rd party company here? they will never make them as SSB4 DLC they are already deconfirmed, also why Geno isnt in the voting poll? he is one of the most popular choises

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I believe she won't be a clone otherwise we'd probably have seen her as an alt to Sheik already.
That's what I keep saying! But did anyone believe me
And now I really want Toon Zelda and Tetra more than ever, but I also want Impa but I can't have both!
They already have perfect models in SSBB and SSB4, so why waste them?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Zelda as a clone would be a cute idea actually. Faster, floatier, lighter Zelda might just work or be even worse and be insta :4miisword: tier. But I would not want both Tetra and Toon Zelda appearing, cause it's already bad enough that :4zelda: and :4sheik: are split up. I'm not exactly excited in seeing 4 separate characters who are essentially Zelda. Especially if there is no Impa. So I'd personally only take Tetra, togheter with Impa of course.

However, ideally I'd also take Ganon. Probably above Tetra.

This really makes me realise how messed up the current Zelda cast is btw.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Yeah 4 Zelda's would be kinda. Bad. I can't really tell if that would actually happen. I'm disappointed too because the Zelda characters have stayed the same since Brawl and they only changed designs and movesets slightly. Kinda like a lot of other franchises as well. And i think of Sheik and Toon Link as just bonuses. Not to say I don't love having them
And by Gabon do you mean this Ganon? Very interesting..

RobinOnDrugs

Dead Man's Volley would make a great B move for Ganondorf, like how it was implemented in Project M.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dead Man's Volley should have it's damage increased by everytime Ganondorf does the attack. He should also reflect his cape by pressing B again to reflect the attack back faster than with his regular attacks.

At this point I am starting to really get frustrated with :4ganondorf:. I like playing as :4ganondorf: how he is, but I cannot help but think of 'what could've been' with him. Only moves which are really bothering me are Neutral B, Up Tilt and N Air actually as those moves really stand out as an eye-sore and really don't have any function outside of an action when a shield breaks (B and U Tilt).

Anyway, I guess it's already a good thing he's been buffed from Hyrule Tier...:ganondorf: :rolleyes:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I find TP Ganondorf to look very ugly and prefer Melee's OoT look, in Smash 5 they ibviously are going to give him his Zelda U (Or later) look, so hopefully that Ganondorf doesn't look smugly. The only Zelda game I played is Minish Cap so me prefering Melee Ganondorf is not because "OoT is l33t master race".

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just really hate how he now never smiles despite doing so all the time In the Zelda games he's in, as well as the past two Smash games, now he makes some really dumb looking faces. It's like Sakurai is purposefully trying to make him as far from his in game character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I find TP Ganondorf to look very ugly and prefer Melee's OoT look, in Smash 5 they ibviously are going to give him his Zelda U (Or later) look, so hopefully that Ganondorf doesn't look smugly. The only Zelda game I played is Minish Cap so me prefering Melee Ganondorf is not because "OoT is l33t master race".
B-but Brawl and Smash 4 have Grandpa-dorf.

:231:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

This is amazing.

I mean I appreciate what he's doing, but I really want to see him do a Nintendo owned character for once. He's probably going to do Banjo Kazooie next though, but hey I'm totally cool with that; it'd be nice to see what could have been... and then cry about it. After that though who knows, we'll probably get the likes of Sora, Proffesor Layton, Pheonix Wright, Shantae, as well as Bomberman and Geno again before we get an actual Nintendo character.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I just really hate how he now never smiles despite doing so all the time In the Zelda games he's in, as well as the past two Smash games, now he makes some really dumb looking faces. It's like Sakurai is purposefully trying to make him as far from his in game character.
He also still has the jaunty Zelda victory theme. He really needs a segment of his own theme.

Seriously, SSB Ganondorf is a mess. Perpetually low tier and terribly portrayed. None of the malice, none of the smug superiority. He just feels like an aggressive old fart.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Can we just say that Impa and Vaati are the two best possible options?
Why not both? They have so much potential and would really complete the Zelda universe if they got in
Dead Man's Volley would make a great B move for Ganondorf, like how it was implemented in Project M.
Funny, when I think of dead man's volley I automatically think of this

That's where the name actually originated from
Yeah they ignored Ganondorf's true self in both SSBB and SSB4. They at least fixed Zelda in SSB4 because before she was too..happy. She sure wasnt in TP
And just to clarify, I don't know why if they decided to use the TP designs for the Zelda characters, why not actually make them look like it? Having recently played Twilight Princess, the models look far better than in smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf ideally should be able to switch between movesets. Or you'd be able to pick what kind of moveset he'd have. Sort of an evolution to Custom Moves. In :4ganondorf:'s case, he should have a moveset which resembles his old fighting style. As well as a style based on using a sword, or other weapon (dual swords as in Hyrule Warriors, or a trident to resemble Ganon) and a style using mostly magic.

Ideally I'd skip all sort of Custom Moves and move on to alternative movesets. Same character, different playstyles. This could give :4mario: an alternative moveset as :4drmario: and maybe even Paper Mario. :4pikachu: could have :pichumelee: and even :026:. :mewtwopm: could get his Mega Evolutions, King K.Rool as a newcomer could have his different 'alter egos', :4olimar: has :4alph: with different statistics and other Pikmin heroes, :4bowserjr: has all his alts who could provide for slight different playstyles this time, :4marth: could be the base of:4lucina: and other Fire Emblem Lords similar to them, as :roypm:, :4myfriends: could have Chrom, :4robinm::4robinf: or "New Tactican FE14" could be alts, :4pit::4darkpit:, :4tlink::younglinkmelee:, reintroduce :squirtle: and :ivysaur: with their evolution lines: :001::ivysaur::003::squirtle::008::009: and bring in :004::005::4charizard: as well (this should mean buffs for :4charizard: and :003::009: also should be stronger on purpose than their pre-evos).

This will never happen btw.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ganondorf ideally should be able to switch between movesets. Or you'd be able to pick what kind of moveset he'd have. Sort of an evolution to Custom Moves. In :4ganondorf:'s case, he should have a moveset which resembles his old fighting style. As well as a style based on using a sword, or other weapon (dual swords as in Hyrule Warriors, or a trident to resemble Ganon) and a style using mostly magic.
So this https://youtube.com/#/watch?v=NND2FZkPjHo https://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=KFCR5i_mMls

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who likes Spyro's new design? Maybe I'm the only person who likes it because Skylanders was my first encounter with Spyro, and his new desighn is much different than his old one. (I'm also very picky about character design. I hate it when the character "changes". I think that is why I hate the redesigned Dante, and Sonic (even though all they did was give him a bandana), and I also hate Box Art Mega Man, and the old Spyro design.)
Back to the topic at hand, I can't see Spyro working. Fully quadruped fighters have been done before. I've made move sets for two of them. But Spyro is where my creativity stops. I'm not saying it can't be done though. (I should probably look at a game where he has more than three moves at his disposal first)

Speaking of fully quadruped fighters, wouldn't Amaterasu be cool? Too bad she is owned by Capcom (Where she is forever cursed to be under the extremely low probability of Ryu, a Monster Hunter rep, Dante, and maybe even Veiutifull Joe.). Had she have been made by Nintendo she would have been in smash since Brawl.

RobinOnDrugs

Am I the only one who likes Spyro's new design? Maybe I'm the only person who likes it because Skylanders was my first encounter with Spyro, and his new desighn is much different than his old one. (I'm also very picky about character design. I hate it when the character "changes". I think that is why I hate the redesigned Dante, and Sonic (even though all they did was give him a bandana), and I also hate Box Art Mega Man, and the old Spyro design.)
Back to the topic at hand, I can't see Spyro working. Fully quadruped fighters have been done before. I've made move sets for two of them. But Spyro is where my creativity stops. I'm not saying it can't be done though. (I should probably look at a game where he has more than three moves at his disposal first)

Speaking of fully quadruped fighters, wouldn't Amaterasu be cool? Too bad she is owned by Capcom (Where she is forever cursed to be under the extremely low probability of Ryu, a Monster Hunter rep, Dante, and maybe even Veiutifull Joe.). Had she have been made by Nintendo she would have been in smash since Brawl.
Take it from someone who played the original Spyro trilogy, Spyro's Skylander design just looks horrible IMO. I'd much prefer how he looked in the reboot trilogy than what the Skylander devs came up with.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:/ It seems I got into gaming really late. While everyone else starts with the first game in the series, I start out with Black 2, Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii (Which to my knowledge is the worst game in each series according to fans. Lost of people hate me for this.)

Anyways. I think the third party character with the greatest chance is Black Mage. He appeared in Mario Sports Mix, and is pretty iconic. He also has great potential for a move set. (Never played Final Fantasy but I think so anyway.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
theres just so many characters i have a list of 30 who could smash
Me too... there are so many characters that I would love to play in Smash.

Mario series
1. Toad

Donkey Kong series
2. Dixie Kong
3. King K. Rool
4. Pauline
5. Donkey Kong Jr.

Zelda series
6. Tingle
7. Impa
8. Ganon
9. Vaati

Metroid series
10. Fusion Suit Samus
11. Ridley

Kirby series
12. Waddle Dee

Star Fox series
13. Krystal

Pokemon series
14. Meowth
15. Team Rocket :052::024::110:

Kid Icarus series
16. Medusa

Wario series
17. Overalls Wario :4wario2:
18. Captain Syrup

Pikmin series
19. Alph :4alph:

Punch-Out!! series
20. King Hippo

Other Nintendo series
21. Wandering Heroes (StreetPass Mii Plaza)
22. Mallo (Pushmo)
23. Captain N
24. Takamaru
25. Starfy
26. Isaac or Matthew
27. Infantry Unit (Advance Wars)
28. Muddy Mole

Third-party series
29. Simon Belmont
30. Shantae

There are many, many more characters than these 30 characters that I would love to play in Smash but let's leave it at Top 30. :awesome:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
What if in the future Sakurai and Intelligent Systems made a deal where in Fire Emblem 15 they would make the main protagonist use axes, lances and bows and not use swords and then put him in the next Smash Bros? Would it not be a genius idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom