• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The fact it's a Direct leak should be a sign its a fake.

We have never had a legitimate leak posted on 4chan in regards to a Nintendo Direct.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The fact it's a Direct leak should be a sign its a fake.

We have never had a legitimate leak posted on 4chan in regards to a Nintendo Direct.
This.

There is the chance that this could be the exception that proves the rule, but, y'know, Occam's Razor and all that jazzmatazz~

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Are we talking about the same leak which had a Splatoon beanie offer from Nintendo UK? That is the only thing that caught my eye, lol.

:231:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Are we talking about the same leak which had a Splatoon beanie offer from Nintendo UK? That is the only thing that caught my eye, lol.

That's not it. It's this one:
Me, my father and my uncle do not work at Ninty.

Nintendo Direct - 3/11/15 (Info mainly for US Direct, EU-only info at end)

>Starts off by announcing that new IP Gamefreak is working on with SEGA. Title is "Tropic Adventure". Main character is Elephant called Flopster and he's on a quest to save his home from being oversaturated by a horde of Lions. Think Banjo-Kazooie but without Kazooie and in a 2D perspective. eShop title being released on 3DS and Wii U (Cross-buy like Mario vs Donkey Kong), being released Summer.
>Yoshi's Woolly World info. Story is virtually the same as Epic Yarn with the world being turned into Yarn and junk. Yoshi amiibo unlocks a special world that remakes the first world's levels of the original Yoshi's Island. Game is being released in June, Yoshi amiibo bundle will also be available.
>Wave 5 of Smash Amiibo announced. Dark Pit, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja and Olimar headline. Release is June 12th.
>Web based eShop being launched on April 9th. Ties into the new Club Ninty replacement in some way.
>Mewtwo DLC shown off, $2.49 if buying off eShop with release of April 9th. Announcement that Smash is getting full-blown DLC like MK8, but since it's not far into development, preorders/screenshots will come Q4 as first pack is scheduled to be ready sometime around March 2016.
>Mario Maker trailer showing off power-ups. All power-ups are compatible with the different art-styles (a Mario Bros 3 hammer suit can be used with the Mario Bros art style, for example). Release is Summer.
>Trailers for Puzzles and Dragons and Xenoblade. Just overview trailers, nothing new.
>Splatoon release date is May 15th. Amiibos unlock costumes for the characters to wear.
>Rhythm Heaven 3DS confirmed for the west. Releasing September.
>Final big announcement is the confirmation of this year's Pokemon games. Pokemon X2/Y2. Takes place 5 years after Pokemon X/Y and Team Flare has been reformed with a new leader. Trailer seems to tease that Xerneas and Yveltal can use Primal Reversion and Zygarde will have a higher importance. Release is Fall, New 3DS will have some enhancements, but the games are not exclusive.

EU info:
>Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is coming over. Being released March 26th.
>Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is coming out on June 8th.
>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
>Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are being released on April 24th. Gold is exclusive to GAME, Silver exclusive to Nintendo's UK Store.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's not it. It's this one:

>Splatoon is being released on May 22nd. A special edition on Nintendo's UK Store will come with a steelbook, a poster and a beanie shaped like a character from the game's hair with the tentacles on each side.
You need to read better. :p

So it's the same one.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hype and all as that sounds, I'm calling honko on it.

You'd think they'd reveal more than one new title if that was the case.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm hoping his much awaited appearance in Hyrule Warriors will be springboard for joining Smash, haha.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The nice thing is that Hyrule Warriors has given him an arguably likable personality to the average consumer.

Like Impa, it really helped him become popular.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If we can just get the Tingle games ported to America. I'd say he'd be the first to represent Dating Sims, but Robin and Lucina already do that. :troll:

I mean I like Ganon and all, but Tingle would be hilarious.

I mean he had his own games and everything and his moveset would probably be . .. . unique because there is no way they would give him a normal, generic moveset

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well, he's still better than some of the other characters we've gone over recently. :smirk:

Still rather have other characters over him. I get that Tingle is popular and can have a creative and wacky moveset, but in terms of the Zelda series, there are far better characters who deserves a shot like Impa and Vaati imo

Now where is our Vaati mark when we need her? :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still rather have other characters over him. I get that Tingle is popular and can have a creative and wacky moveset, but in terms of the Zelda series, there are far better characters who deserves a shot like Impa and Vaati imo

Now where is our Vaati mark when we need her? :troll:
Impa, maybe. But Vaati has fallen by the wayside for whatever reason.

Hyrule Warriors is a testament to that Tingle is still a central character to Zelda games.

<not being serious> Plus, he's the face of relevance right now. He's been in three Zelda games of this generation - Wind Waker HD, Majora's Mask 3D and Hyrule Warriors. He has had more appearances than Toon Link and Sheik, only behind the Triforce trio themselves. :troll:

Last edited:
I wonder how sakurai does feel about the Zelda newcomers.
  • Tingle is an assist trophy and appeared in melee so he can't hate Tingle too much
  • Impa is just a trophy and nothing more so I don't see it being too positive
  • Ghirahim is an assist trophy just like midna is so that's positive for them (midna has relevancy problems. Ghirahim potentially does but I don't know enough about the series)
  • Vaati isn't even mentioned as far as I know so sakureai probably doesn't care for him.
  • Sakurai probably doesn't see Ganon as anything else other than a final smash so that probably isn't happening :(

Just how I feel he would think which never works anyway

D

Deleted member

Well, let's talk about the king of style.

...Anyone?

Loophole: Change the Tingle AT's name to "Toon Tingle", and add this guy as a playable character. :awesome:

Sounds good, hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just want Tingle in because I legitamatly love his game Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland. I haven't seen much of his other game Tingle's Love Balloon Trip, but I'm sure that game is great too, just wish it was in English. Tingle's Balloon Fight looks fine too.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So I just recently got my hands on Rhythm Heaven (DS) and Rhythm Heaven Fever; I played through both games for the first time within the past few days. Playing through the series didn't change my opinions on on who should be in that much. I still think Marshal and Rhythm Heaven Girl would be lame additions, and I think we probably would receive a character that was in the DS game, since that was the best selling Rhythm Heaven game by a landslide, and I can see why they would choose the Chours Kids,. They were the ones on the cover of the game and the ones advertised the most, also their game is one of the very first that gets unlocked, they're probably the most recognizable characters in the series. Now after playing the games I can honestly say that I think the Chours Kids would do the best job at capturing Rhythm Heaven's personality, and would overall do a really good job at representing the series. However I also think Karate Joe would be a good choice, being in all three games, and I do think you could do some interesting things with him. I love the Wrestler, but I still can't see him happening.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Is it just me or do I want to play as the Giant Cucco from HW in Smash Bros.
Think about it.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I would love Impa, but she doesn't seem to have much moveset potential from the core Zelda games.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
party phil phor phuper phash phrothers
party phil for super smash brothers
:teemo::halfsheep::shyguy::4pacman::047:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog The Chorus Kids are...OK, but I am against their inclusion because they wouldn't be able to represent the series as a whole. I think Marshal should be in, and one of the Chorus Kids should be an alt, along with Ms. Ribbons. If we manage to get two Rhythm Heaven reps I would like to see Karate Joe as the other one. (Or the Chorus Kids if they aren't Marshal's alt.)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
@ Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog The Chorus Kids are...OK, but I am against their inclusion because they wouldn't be able to represent the series as a whole. I think Marshal should be in, and one of the Chorus Kids should be an alt, along with Ms. Ribbons. If we manage to get two Rhythm Heaven reps I would like to see Karate Joe as the other one. (Or the Chorus Kids if they aren't Marshal's alt.)
How does Marshal represent the series as a whole?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

Looks like Godzilla isn't too big. :troll:
Just imagine if Nintendo put Godzilla and Ridley as new fighters and give us Talon-IV and World Children's Land stages all in the same pack and named it "The Too-Big Club Pack". That would probably cause as much hype as Rayman's fake leak and Mewtwo's reveal combined. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom