• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm not arguing, just showing you where I got my love for Jumpman from.
I see where you're coming from, but Jumpman is still Mario. Period.

Now can we talk about something fresh and new? Inklings would make a great character with their paintball guns. I can definitely see some kind of trap/stage control character from it and it does have potential to make a great character. Question is...what would their final smash be from what we know of so far?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It would be nice if the actual Inkling conversation is longer than 5 posts. Most topics I see last very short unless it's an argument.
I encourage deep discussion and actual listening to one's posts.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It would be nice if the actual Inkling conversation is longer than 5 posts. Most topics I see last very short unless it's an argument.
I encourage deep discussion and actual listening to one's posts.
All we need is simply someone who hates the Inklings to cause an argument. That should spice it up :troll:

I honestly am not sure exactly if they should do the paint the floor/wall and do their Blooper mode thing to crawl/walk faster. It could be too much complications if not done correctly. I can't imagine 8 Inklings doing this on the same screen

*shrugs*

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I see where you're coming from, but Jumpman is still Mario. Period.

Now can we talk about something fresh and new? Inklings would make a great character with their paintball guns. I can definitely see some kind of trap/stage control character from it and it does have potential to make a great character. Question is...what would their final smash be from what we know of so far?
The Ink-Nuke seen in the first trailer would be cool. It could work like an Uber-SmartBomb.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If it's a discussion you're looking for...

I still think he's a very strong candidate for DLC. Not only has the fake leak given him publicity in regards to Smash (he's ranking in the top ten-five on various polls) but just his appearance as a trophy already means he has his foot in the door.

He already has the full potential to be one of the most unique additions to Smash, even among the Smash 4 newcomers. Most arguments I see against him are just people being biased against Ubisoft itself rather than Rayman. There's never really been that many real discussions about him aside from when people thought he was actually going to be in the game.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think the reason is because lots of people say Ubisoft is neglecting Nintendo:ohwell: I like rayman though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still want one of Rayman's victory animations to involve kicking a Rabbid in his fluffy soft booty as a sort of "Take that!" to the Raving Rabbids games (and the terrible Nick show). I think that alone would be a good reason why anyone would want to play as Rayman.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Rayman is still possible...

But what about characters that were cut in development?

Bowser Joonya himself almost got cut near the end, as we all know. Who's to say there isn't more like him in some SORA computer?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Bowser Joonya himself almost got cut near the end, as we all know. Who's to say there isn't more like him in some SORA computer?
Mewtwo, Wolf, Lucas, DK rep Dixie Kong, K. Rool and Isaac, maybe? I've always figured that if we got more DLC characters it would be of characters who were planned, but didn't make the cut due to time.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

How do we know he was almost cut? Did I miss something?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Inkling should pummel by constricting the opponent with its tentacle hair.

And also it should flash dem teeth in its victory pose because holy **** they're adorable. And terrifying. In equal measure. And that bandit / raccoon mask thing which is pretty nifty.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No comments on my Inklings moveset ideas eh? Apparently people like the ideas, but nothing to add.

That's too bad.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No comments on my Inklings moveset ideas eh? Apparently people like the ideas, but nothing to add.

That's too bad.
Honestly, while I love them in concept, I'm gonna have to wait 'til I play the game before I can offer feedback on movesets and stuff.

There's still a lot about this game we don't know, so it's all up in the air right now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, it's hard for a moveset to elicit more than a "Cool, I guess" response, and Likes serve that purpose well. *shrug*

:231:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I find it amusing that people wrote off a goop-based moveset as "not needed" or "way less interesting" when Bowser Jr. didn't use it, but are now cycling around back to it when the Splatoon Squid shows the potential to use it.

Still want to actually wait for the game to be released and evaluated before determining "it needs a rep because it's new." Maybe it'll be the new Pikmin, maybe most people won't even remember it in a few years. Time will tell.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Octolings > Inklings

Discuss.
The Thing cannot be described - there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled ... the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth like the stern of a daemon galleon. The awful squid-head with writhing feelers ... a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves ... I have looked upon all that the universe has to hold of horror, and even the skies of spring and the flowers of summer must ever afterward be poison to me. But I do not think my life will be long. As my uncle went, as poor Johansen went, so I shall go.

Sure, they're neat too~

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I want to note something on mewtwo

Theres a rumor a direct is going to happen on the 11th

And one of the presentations is they confirmed mewtwo will be released april 9th

And more dlc Q4 2016

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I want to note something on mewtwo

Theres a rumor a direct is going to happen on the 11th

And one of the presentations is they confirmed mewtwo will be released april 9th

And more dlc Q4 2016
Q4 2016? That is a long long wait.

But I like the rumour already, true or not.

That's too bad.
Considering the game isn't out yet, we can't completely decide yet can we?

While I prefer Henry Fleming as a "new upcoming ip" character but I can see the inklings growing on me once I actually play the game.

something something repping.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While I prefer Henry Fleming as a "new upcoming ip" character but I can see the inklings growing on me once I actually play the game.

something something repping.
Single-handedly slapping down Sakurai's "no guns" policy~ :3

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I only support the Inklings only because they are very unique and because I'm pretty hyped for Splatoon.
I'll really support them 100% if I manage to grab and try the game for myself.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No guns?
:snake:,:wolf:,:4falcon:,:4falco:,:4fox:,:4duckhunt:,:4miigun:,:4samus:, and:4zss:

I could do this all day. :4wario2:
Dang it. >w<;;

You are correct. I believe the actual caveat was no realistic guns.

There is quite a difference.

And Inkling / Fleming still wouldn't fit that criteria, as their guns are silly and playful.

But I do appreciate you correcting my wee oversight.

Thanks~ :3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Q4 2016? That is a long long wait.

But I like the rumour already, true or not.

Considering the game isn't out yet, we can't completely decide yet can we?
The moment of truth is tomorrow nintendo has a tendency of announcing directs 1 day before it happens

The only con with the rumor is its from 4chan

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The ESRB one was the leak that showed up on 4chan.
The Ninka leak originated on Smashboards in my Smash 4 Leaks group.
Both leaks aren't the same, but they are connected to each other.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As Blue said, the Ninka leak showed up here, but the ESRB leak showed up on 4chan.

I should know, it's what got me to join this site in the first place.
Ok then.

Esrb from 4chan but ninka is connected too it which started here

Ok the. Nintendo announces directs 1 day before so we will see if real or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom