• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
What if in the future Sakurai and Intelligent Systems made a deal where in Fire Emblem 15 they would make the main protagonist use axes, lances and bows and not use swords and then put him in the next Smash Bros? Would it not be a genius idea?
You don't need to do that, You already have Hector (Axe) and Ephraim (Lances) and Lyn (Bows)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Before i get to my votes something accured to me.

Did anybody take a picture of ridleys shadow after the wii u release to see if its size matches the april direct shadow?

1.mewtwo (oh wait hes coming this or next or may for this one)
2.wolf
3.chorus kids
4.viridi
5.lucas
6.king k rool
7.ridley (hey I can dream can't I.)
8.inkling
9.roy (fire emblem)
10.ice climbers

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Edit: @ all: What 9 would you choose because Mewtwo is one of the 10 already xD
1. Fire Emblem GBA era Rep (Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, ect)
2. Dark Samus
3. HW Impa
4. HW Ganondorf (if link can have a toon, Ganondorf can have a HW alt)
5. Wolf
6. Snake
7. Splatoon Girls (Boys?)
8. Tiki
9. Milotic (for giggles)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You don't need to do that, You already have Hector (Axe) and Ephraim (Lances) and Lyn (Bows)
I don't think you understand the point of my idea. The character would represent the newest game (which every Fire Emblem character not named Marth has done at some point) and would use those three unrepresented weapons on his own, rather than adding three whole new characters from much older games, who probably won't ever be added due to the fact (unless they get a remake of their game).

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I don't think you understand the point of my idea. The character would represent the newest game (which every Fire Emblem character not named Marth has done at some point) and would use those three unrepresented weapons on his own, rather than adding three whole new characters from much older games, who probably won't ever be added due to the fact (unless they get a remake of their game).
Lords normally just use two weapons (one during their first class, two during their promotion) So I fail to see the point of giving him/her three weapons to use.

Banette

Smash Cadet
Not that y'all will care, but I felt like thinking over my wishes or something... My list is entirely illogical, highly biased by my preferences for specific game series, and influenced by popular opinion in more than one way; it won't stop me from posting my top 9:
  1. Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
  2. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda )
  3. Porky (Mother)
  4. Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
  5. Ashley (Warioware)
  6. Inkling (Splatoon)
  7. Sceptile (Pokémon - or any Ghost-type/Meowth may take this place)
  8. Lucas (Mother)
  9. Zant (The Legend of Zelda)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Realistic List Wish List (The characters on the left apply here too.)
1. Wolf 1. Amaterasu
2. Lucas (About the same as wolf) 2. All Cut Veterans (Including cut characters that have never
appeared in smash due to no longer being relevant.)
3. Cut Character(s) 3. Wolf Link & Midna
4. Bandana Dee 4. Lloyd
5. Dixie Kong 5. Zero
6. Chibi Robo 6. Shovel Knight
7. Isacc 7. Bomberman
8. Magolor 8. Primid (Braces for hatred)
9. Black Mage 9.Boy & Blob
10. Toad and Toadette as swappables 10. Sukapon
(The fact that they are lower than Black mage is sad.) Edit: sorry this looks weird, it took out all of the spaces dividing the two lists

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Here is a Custom Shovel Knight moveset I came up with. Including Fanfare and Taunts.

Shovel Knight Moveset 1.0:

Stats:

Size: Around the same height and size of Mega Man.

Weight: Slightly heavier than R.O.B.

Speed: Slightly faster than Robin.

Visual:

Entrance: Shovel Knight flip jumps and lands with his shovel in the air, with random entrance text like "Steel thy Shovel" or "For Shovelry!"

Jump: Normal Shovel Knight jump.

Double Jump: Golden Shovel Knight flip.

Crouch: Barely a crouch like in the game, you can use it to do a little dance.

Up Taunt: Shovel knight holds shovel in the air and shakes it with gumption.

Side Taunt: Shovel Knight rummages through a chest and holds up a big red jewel.

Down Taunt: Tries to use the Phase Locket, but it broke! That OP thing doesn't belong in Smash!

Fanfare: Shovel Knight - Main Theme (0:31-0:38)

Victory 1: Shovel Knight sits on a Log by a Campfire.

Victory 2: Shovel Knight salutes the screen and rides off on a Mobile Gear.

Victory 3: Shovel Knight does his classic crouch dance. (Totally motionless with a slight bend with his knees).

Normal Attacks:

Jab: Shovel Knight does his classic shovel swing. He has no combo, but this does a a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Forward Tilt: Shovel Knight punches forward with the Dust Knuckles, if it makes contact Shovel Knight will lung forward and punch again.

Up Tilt: Shovel Knight swings his head upwards attacking with his horns.

Down Tilt: Shovel Knight throws an Alchemy Coin that deals minor damage but travels extremely far.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Shovel Knight holds his Shovel to the side while charging up, dealing a devastating swing.

Up Smash: Shoval Knight throws an Anchor overhead, the longer you charge it the farther it goes.

Down Smash: Shovel Knight takes out the War Horn, he charges it and then he blows creating a shock wave around him. The longer you charge it, the bigger the shockwave it. It deals minimal knockback, but it has a very powerful Windbox.

Air Attacks:

Neutral Air: Shovel Knight does exactly the same thing as his Jab, only in mid-air.

Side Air: Shovel Knight uses the Propellar Daggar. This is his main form of recovery.

Up Air: Shovel Knight thrusts his Shovel upwards.

Down Air: Oh baby. His Down Air is his signature Shovel Bounce. How it works is that it doesn't change your momentum or movement at all, instead it switches you to "Bounce Mode" in which if you hit anything below you, you will bounce again and again and again. However you cannot get out of this mode until you use your Neutral Air or when hitting the ground.

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Shovel Knight uses his free hand to grab the opponent.

Pummel: Shovel Knight hits the opponent with his shovel.

Forward Throw: Shovel Knight tosses the opponent with his shovel forwards.

Back Throw: Shovel Knight scoops the opponent and swings his shovel behind him.
Up Throw: Shovel Knight swings his shovel up high, along with his opponent.

Down Throw: Shovel Knight digs into his opponent. This leaves them in a dug state like Donkey Kong's Headbutt.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special: Dig
Shovel Knight digs into the ground, and flings a ton of jewels forward. These damage the opponent. The bigger the jewel, the bigger the damage.

Side Special: Choas Sphere, Fire Rod, Mobile Gear
How Shovel Knight's side special works is that it is 3 different special moves that are on a rotation.

Chaos Sphere: Creates a green ball that bounces against the ground and walls that goes through and damages enemeis.

Fire Rod: Shoots a ball of fire that damages enemies and does good knockback.

Mobile Gear: Summons a mobile gear that revs up and begins to move forward if a player stands on top of it. It deals damage and jumps off ledges. It breaks when it hits a wall and it cannot be turned around.

Up Special: Fishing Rod
The Fishing Rod when used in the air acts like a Tether recovery. However when used on the ground, the anchor damages enemies. If used by a ledge, the anchor meteor smashes opponents as it falls down to the ground. Perfect against people coming back from the ledge below. However if you wait until the anchor is completely off screen you can actually fish! Wait until the exclamation point and hit the B button again to reel it back in. You will be given a random item if Items are on. If Items are not on, you will get a useless boot or tire.

Down Special: Troupple Chalice
Shovel Knight gulps down a Chalice for 5 seconds. If Shovel Knight drinks all of the chalice he recovers 25%. He can do this twice per life. If he is interrupted while drinking the ichor, he will drop the chalice to the ground and it will break.

Final Smash:

Troupple King Waltz:

Shovel Knight summons the Troupple King to put on a show. As the music plays, troupples start flies around the stage hitting and damaging enemies. Shovel Knight can't do anything, as he is just dancing to the music.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Here is a Custom Shovel Knight moveset I came up with. Including Fanfare and Taunts.

Shovel Knight Moveset 1.0:

Stats:

Size: Around the same height and size of Mega Man.

Weight: Slightly heavier than R.O.B.

Speed: Slightly faster than Robin.

Visual:

Entrance: Shovel Knight flip jumps and lands with his shovel in the air, with random entrance text like "Steel thy Shovel" or "For Shovelry!"

Jump: Normal Shovel Knight jump.

Double Jump: Golden Shovel Knight flip.

Crouch: Barely a crouch like in the game, you can use it to do a little dance.

Up Taunt: Shovel knight holds shovel in the air and shakes it with gumption.

Side Taunt: Shovel Knight rummages through a chest and holds up a big red jewel.

Down Taunt: Tries to use the Phase Locket, but it broke! That OP thing doesn't belong in Smash!

Fanfare: Shovel Knight - Main Theme (0:31-0:38)

Victory 1: Shovel Knight sits on a Log by a Campfire.

Victory 2: Shovel Knight salutes the screen and rides off on a Mobile Gear.

Victory 3: Shovel Knight does his classic crouch dance. (Totally motionless with a slight bend with his knees).

Normal Attacks:

Jab: Shovel Knight does his classic shovel swing. He has no combo, but this does a a fair amount of damage and knockback.

Forward Tilt: Shovel Knight punches forward with the Dust Knuckles, if it makes contact Shovel Knight will lung forward and punch again.

Up Tilt: Shovel Knight swings his head upwards attacking with his horns.

Down Tilt: Shovel Knight throws an Alchemy Coin that deals minor damage but travels extremely far.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Shovel Knight holds his Shovel to the side while charging up, dealing a devastating swing.

Up Smash: Shoval Knight throws an Anchor overhead, the longer you charge it the farther it goes.

Down Smash: Shovel Knight takes out the War Horn, he charges it and then he blows creating a shock wave around him. The longer you charge it, the bigger the shockwave it. It deals minimal knockback, but it has a very powerful Windbox.

Air Attacks:

Neutral Air: Shovel Knight does exactly the same thing as his Jab, only in mid-air.

Side Air: Shovel Knight uses the Propellar Daggar. This is his main form of recovery.

Up Air: Shovel Knight thrusts his Shovel upwards.

Down Air: Oh baby. His Down Air is his signature Shovel Bounce. How it works is that it doesn't change your momentum or movement at all, instead it switches you to "Bounce Mode" in which if you hit anything below you, you will bounce again and again and again. However you cannot get out of this mode until you use your Neutral Air or when hitting the ground.

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Shovel Knight uses his free hand to grab the opponent.

Pummel: Shovel Knight hits the opponent with his shovel.

Forward Throw: Shovel Knight tosses the opponent with his shovel forwards.

Back Throw: Shovel Knight scoops the opponent and swings his shovel behind him.
Up Throw: Shovel Knight swings his shovel up high, along with his opponent.

Down Throw: Shovel Knight digs into his opponent. This leaves them in a dug state like Donkey Kong's Headbutt.

Special Moves:

Neutral Special: Dig
Shovel Knight digs into the ground, and flings a ton of jewels forward. These damage the opponent. The bigger the jewel, the bigger the damage.

Side Special: Choas Sphere, Fire Rod, Mobile Gear
How Shovel Knight's side special works is that it is 3 different special moves that are on a rotation.

Chaos Sphere: Creates a green ball that bounces against the ground and walls that goes through and damages enemeis.

Fire Rod: Shoots a ball of fire that damages enemies and does good knockback.

Mobile Gear: Summons a mobile gear that revs up and begins to move forward if a player stands on top of it. It deals damage and jumps off ledges. It breaks when it hits a wall and it cannot be turned around.

Up Special: Fishing Rod
The Fishing Rod when used in the air acts like a Tether recovery. However when used on the ground, the anchor damages enemies. If used by a ledge, the anchor meteor smashes opponents as it falls down to the ground. Perfect against people coming back from the ledge below. However if you wait until the anchor is completely off screen you can actually fish! Wait until the exclamation point and hit the B button again to reel it back in. You will be given a random item if Items are on. If Items are not on, you will get a useless boot or tire.

Down Special: Troupple Chalice
Shovel Knight gulps down a Chalice for 5 seconds. If Shovel Knight drinks all of the chalice he recovers 25%. He can do this twice per life. If he is interrupted while drinking the ichor, he will drop the chalice to the ground and it will break.

Final Smash:

Troupple King Waltz:

Shovel Knight summons the Troupple King to put on a show. As the music plays, troupples start flies around the stage hitting and damaging enemies. Shovel Knight can't do anything, as he is just dancing to the music.
Might as well give a compliment since no one seems to care.
I must admit that this is a very good move set.
You put lots of effort into this.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just a list of characters that I want the most for DLC in no specific order.
1: Roy
2: King K. Rool
3: Wolf
4: Lucas
5: Inkling
6: Isaac
7: Snake... I support a number of characters.

And the Shovel Knight moveset is great! He's really becoming a memorable indie hero, isn't he? ...And I should play the game again soon...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
@ all: If we get 10 DLC characters, what 10 would you choose??

1.) Rayman
2.) King K Rool
3.) Wolf
4.) Inkling
5.) Henry Fleming
6.) Toad
7.) Bandanna Dee
8.) Tingle
9.) Mewoth.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Alright, why not. Everyone loves lists.

1. Mewtwo
2. Toad
3. Skull Kid
4. Captain Syrup
5. Chibi Robo
7. King K. Rool
8. Mallo
9. Waluigi
10. Savvy Stylist

I got most of what I wanted with Smash 4. Have the feeling that's not going to be repeated next time around, haha.

Everytime i see mallo i read it as mallow and get confused as to why someone wants mallow over geno. Even if i like mallow more anyway

Also im seeing a much higher amount of henry/lincoln support than i expected. Small little set of data and still not as popular as the Inklings but it's nice to see.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The organization is a bit difficult but thats not important. 10 DLC characters would fit perfect in BOTH rosters!!! I choose Krystal because she is second most wanted japanese DLC newcomer character. I dont need her :awesome:

If we get 10 DLC characters:

Mewtwo is on the way.
Lucas and Wolf are 99,9% sure. They are very easy to make and highly requested.
Snake has brawl datas and is wanted.
DK needs love! King K. Rool most wanted newcomer and no Dixie is strange. She could be a little bit diddy like easier to make.
Golden sun music but no Golden sun trophies? No Isaac assist trophy? Something is very strange with this. Golden sun needs love. Isaac could be a very very veeeeery unique and cool character.

The other 3 (Captain Toad, Krystal and Impa) could be replaced. But i think zelda needs a bit love too.

My english is not so good sorry.

@ all: If we get 10 DLC characters, what 10 would you choose??

1. Bandana Dee

2. Shovel Knight

3. Wonder Red

4. Excitebiker

5. Rayman

6. Professor Layton

7. Captain Toad

8. Slippy (Not a Joke)

9. Sceptile

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
What were your guys top ten unrealistic (but still couldnt give up) choices for SSB4?
For example my number two picks would be Blaze the Cat and Zero

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What were your guys top ten unrealistic (but still couldnt give up) choices for SSB4?
  1. Toad(doomed to be Peach's counter forever, lest Captain breaks this trend)
  2. Meowth(doomed to Pokeball forever)
  3. Samurai Goroh(doomed to AT forever, no F-Zero games being made, etc)
  4. Tails(knew this would never happen, but Tails was my first ever video game character)
  5. Travis Touchdown(Too mature/sweary/bloody for this game)
  6. Porky (Too big? Too obscure? Was a boss once?)
  7. Captain Syrup (Too obscure(?)/Wario Land gets no representation)
  8. Doshin the Giant(Too obscure/minor game/FAR too big)
The first three were my three most wanted for Smash 4, with the first two being characters I've wanted since Smash 64. I've come to accept Meowth and Goroh are screwed forever, but Captain Toad gives my number one a glimmer of hope for the future.

I did get Duck Hunt and Ludwig Von Koopa who I presumed would be impossible choices. They'd have been on this list too otherwise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. King K.Rool
2. Isaac
3. Impa
4. Dixie Kong
5. Wolf
6. Lucas
7. Toad
8. Bandana Dee
9. Roy
10. Ice Climbers

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
1 Marx (Kirby )
2 Typhlosion
3 Ninten
4 Maxwell
5 Kamek
6 Inkling
7Porky
8 Inkling
9 blood falcon / Decloned ganon
10 Lucas
Its like the more I want the character the less likely he/she is

D

Deleted member

#1 : Shantae
#2 : Shantae
#3 : Shantae
#4 : Shantae
#5 : Shantae
#6 : Shantae
#7 : Shantae
#8 : Shantae
#9 : Fiora

#1 : Shantae
#2 : Fiora
#3 : New Metroid Rep (either Ridley, Damus, or a new important character for next Metroid's promo sake)
#4 : Wolf
#5 : New DK Rep (either K. Rool, Dixie or Cranky)
#6 : Inkling
#7 : Mike Jones
#8 : Lucas
#9 : Clones extravaganza

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
one week away from spring

Mewtwo can pop out anytime

And something weird accured to me about ridley shadow from april.

Did anybody notice that theres a red tint color the arena everytime ridley pops up.

In the april direct footage no red tint. (But this was not impletented is why.)

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Beedle and Mapfish duo, Baby Metroid, Tails.
  1. Toad(doomed to be Peach's counter forever, lest Captain breaks this trend)
  2. Meowth(doomed to Pokeball forever)
  3. Samurai Goroh(doomed to AT forever, no F-Zero games being made, etc)
  4. Tails(knew this would never happen, but Tails was my first ever video game character)
  5. Travis Touchdown(Too mature/sweary/bloody for this game)
  6. Porky (Too big? Too obscure? Was a boss once?)
  7. Captain Syrup (Too obscure(?)/Wario Land gets no representation)
  8. Doshin the Giant(Too obscure/minor game/FAR too big)
The first three were my three most wanted for Smash 4, with the first two being characters I've wanted since Smash 64. I've come to accept Meowth and Goroh are screwed forever, but Captain Toad gives my number one a glimmer of hope for the future.

I did get Duck Hunt and Ludwig Von Koopa who I presumed would be impossible choices. They'd have been on this list too otherwise.
You guys want Tails too huh? I don't know why but I've grown attached to the idea that I've wanted more Sonic characters that it becomes overwhelming XD like these,

And blaze and shadow!
But the only way I can ever see them all fighting is if Sega made their own fighting game oh well..
All of those characters being part of a DLC pack is far more likely than Young Link's chance of being DLC!:troll:
Unfortunately.. You are correct :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Tails in Smash? REALLY?!?!?!

I'll admit, he's pretty admirable, and I'd love for him to be in Smash, but let's be real here, an extra rep for a third party franchise is never going to happen no matter how close it is to Nintendo. It's becoming clear since all Bandai Namco got for codeveloping the game as far as playable characters was Pac Man alone.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
- Lloyd Ivring
- Blaze the Cat
- Crash Bandicoot
- Heracross
- Gengar
- Kamek
- Mike Jones
- Hawlucha
- Tyranitar
- Vaati

Tails in Smash? REALLY?!?!?!

I'll admit, he's pretty admirable, and I'd love for him to be in Smash, but let's be real here, an extra rep for a third party franchise is never going to happen no matter how close it is to Nintendo. It's becoming clear since all Bandai Namco got for codeveloping the game as far as playable characters was Pac Man alone.
To be fair, you never know what can happen. I'm all for more Sonic characters such as Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Amy, Shadow, etc as long as Nintendo gets them or if for some reason, they add a second rep to add more popularity to the Sonic roster and series.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
To be fair, you never know what can happen. I'm all for more Sonic characters such as Tails, Knuckles, Blaze, Amy, Shadow, etc as long as Nintendo gets them or if for some reason, they add a second rep to add more popularity to the Sonic roster and series.
I'm not saying they can't, I just don't think they will.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm not saying they can't, I just don't think they will.
Anything can change in the future. Remember when we all wanted Mario vs Sonic but it never happened until Brawl? We can easily get a second rep if the circumstances meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom