• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I really want that Ganondorf design in Smash 4. Imagine the hype that beautiful flowing hair could create.

And while they're at it, they could revoke his racing license.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Ganondorf looks like he could play guitar for Mastodon with that re-design.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well in light of Ghirahim's antics...

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I really need to stop staying up all hours of the night. Nobody wants to discuss and debate about potential characters at 4:30 in the morning...

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Since the topic tonight tends to be Ganondorf, I'll ask a quick question then.
So do either of you think that Ganondorf is likely to get a revamped move set like everyone seems to be hoping? I think it's possible, but what about the more casual crowd that might like Ganondorf the way he is now, and isn't even thinking about the possibility of him being switched up for Smash 4? Do you think the developers feel that could alienate the fans of Ganondorf's current playstyle, and as a result decide on keeping him the way he is? Most Smash fans here seem to think that Ganondorf should get a new move set no questions asked, but I think that the decision to wipe him clean and start over might be a bigger and more difficult decision to Sakurai and the developers than it seems, at least on the surface.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Since the topic tonight tends to be Ganondorf, I'll ask a quick question then.
So do either of you think that Ganondorf is likely to get a revamped move set like everyone seems to be hoping? I think it's possible, but what about the more casual crowd that might like Ganondorf the way he is now, and isn't even thinking about the possibility of him being switched up for Smash 4? Do you think the developers feel that could alienate the fans of Ganondorf's current playstyle, and as a result decide on keeping him the way he is? Most Smash fans here seem to think that Ganondorf should get a new move set no questions asked, but I think that the decision to wipe him clean and start over might be a bigger and more difficult decision to Sakurai and the developers than it seems, at least on the surface.
Personally, I think it's his year. Recycle his old moveset and give it to Black Shadow, or somethin, F-Zero needs another rep anyway. They revamped Bowser, stands to reason that they'll give their other biggest villain some more attention this time around as well. For those that were fan of how he played before, they can move to Black Shadow, or learn the new Ganondorf, or both.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Post it whenevah, brah.
I guess I can use it as an essay tease (one case will take a long time to type and the others are quite long).

Just a reminder, I don't like to mix want and expect so if you see anyone here, that's because of expectation ONLY.

54 in total.

The essay is on the newcomers I have founded reasons to expect them. There's a few with subjective reasons tough, but it's a very low number.

It assumes no cut expect snake, Ivysaur and squirtle who I have reasons to have pretty low expectations. Only because the cuts are mostly based on a priority list, it's hard to tell if there would be cuts other than the one I mentioned so I assume the best case.

This essay can actually be very long so I hope you look forward to it.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Looks good to me. Best case scenario for my tastes anyway. Though you may want to line the characters up horizontally, like in Melee, as it fits better, and it seems to be the way Nintendo themselves are doing it this time.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Looks good to me. Best case scenario for my tastes anyway. Though you may want to line the characters up horizontally, like in Melee, as it fits better, and it seems to be the way Nintendo themselves are doing it this time.
I tried and I gave up because it's too painful to do on this program (why I can't just make a clustered grid?).

Because I would have to have good alignments on the edge and it's hard.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I tried and I gave up because it's too painful to do on this program (why I can't just make a clustered grid?).

Because I would have to have good alignments on the edge and it's hard.
Well it's a good roster. I would be very happy, were this the final roster.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I just want this:

Direct in August: With Ice Climbers Ness, Lucas, Shulk. Maybe Isaac too. Maybe Chorus Men too, but i dont like them.

Direct in September: Its villian time!

Mario vs Wario.
Donkey Kong vs King K.Rool
Link vs Ganondorf (HW look, new moves)
Kirby vs Meta Knight (nerfed)
Samus vs Ridley
Pikachu and Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo (new moves)
Fox and Falco vs Wolf

If Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut, 51 Characters total with all these. With G&W and ROB hidden 53.

54 slots with Random.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I just want this:

Direct in August: With Ice Climbers Ness, Lucas, Shulk. Maybe Isaac too. Maybe Chorus Men too, but i dont like them.

Direct in September: Its villian time!

Mario vs Wario.
Donkey Kong vs King K.Rool
Link vs Ganondorf (HW look, new moves)
Kirby vs Meta Knight (nerfed)
Samus vs Ridley
Pikachu and Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo (new moves)
Fox and Falco vs Wolf

52 Characters total with all these. With G&W and ROB hidden 54.

55 slots with Random. But I think the roster will have 54 slots...
This would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom