• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
So? It's true either way. Besides, it's not really that impossible that Sakurai knew all along that Miyamoto was doing this
It is most certainly not impossible as most normal people not associated with Nintendo knew that Miyamoto was "doing this." It does not take a master speculation lord to discern such.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Sakurai seems to be a fan of Wolf anyway. He wanted him in Melee, and got him in Brawl, seemingly last-minute. And almost entirely unique to boot. I don't think he's going anywhere. And if he does, I'll hunt Sakurai down, and cut him SO HARD.

Morbi

Scavenger
My favorite was always Ganondorf's first pose from Melee, I always found it utterly hilarious that he used the sword in his victory pose and not his move-set. It was a great victory getting him to use his sword for a taunt in Brawl, to be completely honest.

5:10

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
My favorites are probably the one for the StarFox characters in Brawl, that and all of Sonic's quotes and when Luigi goes all James Bond like "BANG BANG!" And of course who could forget Wario and his motorcycle

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Also, Mewtwo had that one where he'd point at the screen and like, groan frighteningly or something. That one was cool.

EDIT: And Luigi's shout-out to Mick Foley, lol. Can't forget that.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
My favorites are probably the one for the StarFox characters in Brawl, that and all of Sonic's quotes and when Luigi goes all James Bond like "BANG BANG!" And of course who could forget Wario and his motorcycle
Luigi going "bang bang" is pretty cool.

I mean for his victory animation of course.

....What?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The AT list just seems to be getting better and better. I hope we get a Smash 4 announcement tonight related to Hyrule Warriors.

Niala

Smash Ace
The AT list just seems to be getting better and better. I hope we get a Smash 4 announcement tonight related to Hyrule Warriors.
I avoided getting my hopes up for SDCC because I felt as though there was absolutely no chance, however tonight I can see something happening. I really doubt anything will, but the fact that there's a possibility has me hopeful. I have a nasty feeling I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, though.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
My favorite victory animation is probably a three way tie.

First is when Wolf says, "I will be the one who takes you down." Prob bias because he's my main.

Second is Wario's evil laugh.

Third is anything Captain Falcon.

And an honerable mention to Little Mac's clap animation. I lose when I see him clap at a high speed with Boxing Gloves on XD

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
There isn't going to be anything Smash-related in the HW direct.

The best you could hope for is a Ganondorf reveal later today in the PotD, but even that's very unlikely.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
impa is more important to the franchise as a whole so id rather have her with ghirahim as an AT and demise as an alt costume for ganon (but seriously demise should be playable :( )
Ganondorf IS Demise, essentially, so he's already playable, lol. That wicked sword would be neat, though.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ganondorf IS Demise, essentially, so he's already playable, lol. That wicked sword would be neat, though.
So you're basically implying that Demise's sword should be in Smash soooo... You want Ghirahim in Smash!!! Welcome to the support train!

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors Direct.

So awesome.

No Smash stuff, of course.

But the possibilities with Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf. 0_0

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ganondorf looks awesome in HW, would you guys say that seeing his HW design in Smash would improve Impa's or Ghirahim's chances?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sakurai seems to be a fan of Wolf anyway. He wanted him in Melee, and got him in Brawl, seemingly last-minute. And almost entirely unique to boot. I don't think he's going anywhere. And if he does, I'll hunt Sakurai down, and cut him SO HARD.
I'll join you just for that alone

Holy **** wtf is with Ganondorf's hair?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf looks awesome in HW, would you guys say that seeing his HW design in Smash would improve Impa's or Ghirahim's chances?
I believe that the more Ganondorf gets redone, the lower the chances for a new Zelda newcomer.
So, part of me wants this HW Ganondorf, but that would lower the chances for Ghirahim.

As long as one of them happens. :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I think I know enough to do my first roster.

I want to know, I have 2 unconfirmed newcomers that I have subjective evidences while the rest is hard evidences.

Are you OK if I do an essay for all funded one? For first roster, I need to explain some stuff so I'm ok with this. There's one case that I will explain everything and it may be long, but most people would disagree on me putting this case in. That's why I may be very long on explanation as it is mostly VERY unpopular apparently.

Because remember that I never want to mix wish and expectation, and this roster is only expectation.

Are you ok with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom