• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We shouldn't be discouraged on the retro front just yet. Plenty of promising characters remain.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It just makes sense. Those are the three biggest franchises in Smash, and if one out represents the other, there are going to be unhappy fans. If Mario and Pokemon get six while Zelda gets five, people won't be happy when there are still plenty of Zelda characters they could have added. If Mario and Zelda get six, people will be mad that Mewtwo isn't on the roster, even though there's clearly room for him. Like Reila said, Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise. Don't think Pokemon and Zelda are getting six while Mario sticks with five. Not saying it couldn't happen, just saying that I think it's unlikely. With all of the characters still at the developer's disposal, it would be less than desirable to not add them if they have the chance.
I just don't see why it has to be even, as long as all selected characters have justified spots on the roster.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people keep giving wolf the axe he plays a major role in the star fox series he is a great character to use I don't see any reason for him to get cut I liked his brawl design and voice it fitted him like a shoe if anything he deserves that spot more than krystal does

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry if I came off a bit too antagonistic towards the character before, just trying to find out what potential he has honestly. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of clones at all, never have really been, so it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be at least somewhat bias against them until I finally see how different they are from the core character. So learning how he might be different does make me more willing to accept his character. Also I hadn't known about any of the other teasing towards Dark Pit, so I'd always been really hesitant to consider him as a sure bet as so many others had. Would you mind sending me the way of some of those hints just for me to see?
No problem; I did not find you antagonistic at all, I just wanted to help provide some insight to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, I am inept at finding Smash related information, I am sure that you will find most of what I alluded to in the Dark Pit thread. Another interesting notion to note, I was re-watching the trailer, trying to find the translated Japanese version... and for the first time, I noticed purple coloration on his wings, as opposed to Pit's blue. It does not mean much as they could always change that for an alternate costume. However, it is intriguing. I am hoping that it is indicative of a property alteration.

I don't understand why people keep giving wolf the axe he plays a major role in the star fox series he is a great character to use I don't see any reason for him to get cut I liked his brawl design and voice it fitted him like a shoe if anything he deserves that spot more than krystal does
You fail to comprehend, good sir. Wolf is a clone, a clone of Falco. We do not need a third clone from a dead series. Remember that blaster that functions completely differently, the blade attached to its barrel? It is the same as Fox's. Fire Wolf is the same too minus all of the properties functioning completely unique of course. Do not get me started on their side-specials, have you even used Wolf's side-special. CLEARLY, it is the same was Fox's. Not only that, but the reflector. Therefore he is a semi-clone, albeit, a rare semi-clone. A semi-clone that does not share half of its moves thereby ensuring that it is not a semi-clone. But still, that Landmaster Final Smash. Yep. Wolf is a clone. We need a new and unique character. Cut Wolf for some arbitrary reason.

I am going to pretend that I never double posted. Muahaha.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPrw0SO8VU there is your comparison of the star fox characters he is NOT! a clone
You fail to comprehend, good sir. Wolf is a clone, a clone of Falco. We do not need a third clone from a dead series. Remember that blaster that functions completely differently, the blade attached to its barrel? It is the same as Fox's. Fire Wolf is the same too minus all of the properties functioning completely unique of course. Do not get me started on their side-specials, have you even used Wolf's side-special. CLEARLY, it is the same was Fox's. Not only that, but the reflector. Therefore he is a semi-clone, albeit, a rare semi-clone. A semi-clone that does not share half of its moves thereby ensuring that it is not a semi-clone. But still, that Landmaster Final Smash. Yep. Wolf is a clone. We need a new and unique character. Cut Wolf for some arbitrary reason.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

****. the dreaded double post... I will report myself.
Damn those clones, let's get rid of all of them, we need more original characters like Banana Waldo Dee and Dark Pit the Hedgehog!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPrw0SO8VU there is your comparison of the star fox characters he is NOT! a clone
You remind me of Sheldon Cooper.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm not a Star Fox fan, but if I absolutely had to cut a character from the series due to time constraints, that character would be Falco. I think Wolf is not only more important, but also differentiates himself from Fox more. The whole Luigi argument is bull crap in my eyes. Luigi is more important in his respected series than Falco is in Star Fox. From what I've seen, Krystal is becoming one of the most important and reoccurring characters and I think she'd actually make a great addition. If I absolutely had to pick three characters from that series to represent Star Fox, I'd pick: Fox, Wolf, and Krystal. Fox is the protagonist, Wolf is Fox's main rival, and Krystal represents Adventures as well as Fox's love interest and I think she'd bring more to the table.

EDIT: I will never post again on a mobile device...

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Having similar special moves doesn't make a character a clone.

Wolf's normals are very different from both Fox's and Falco's. I agree with your notion of the Landmaster, but the rest of Wolf's moves function different enough for him to warrant not being called a clone character. Falco is an entirely different subject though.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Wolf's normals are very different from both Fox's and Falco's. I agree with your notion of the Landmaster, but the rest of Wolf's moves function different enough for him to warrant not being called a clone character. Falco is an entirely different subject though.
Why does no one here gets sarcasm?

Morbi

Scavenger

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you did not read the post? :awesome:

Damn those clones, let's get rid of all of them, we need more original characters like Banana Waldo Dee and Dark Pit the Hedgehog!

You remind me of Sheldon Cooper.
Please do not touch Dark Pit the Hedgehog! He is my main!

I'm not a Star Fox fan, but if I absolutely had to cut a character from the series due to time constraints, that character would be Falco. I think Wolf is not only more important, but also differentiates himself from Fox more. The whole Luigi argument is bull crap in my eyes. Luigi is more important in his respected series than Falco is in Star Fox. From what I've seen, Krystal is becoming one of the most important and reoccurring characters and I think she'd actually make a great addition. If I absolutely had to pick three characters from that series to represent Star Fox, I'd pick: Fox, Wolf, and Krystal. Fox is the protagonist, Wolf is Fox's main rival, and Krystal represents Adventures as well as Fox's love interest and I thunk she'd bring more to the table.
I am not sure who I would cut. I do not want to contemplate such abhorrent things!

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
:troll: = Morbid

In truth, I actually really believe Dark Pit would be a great clone. I just started Kid Icarus Uprising. (Half way through it.) And, it is definitely wrong to say that he doesn't have the potential.

So many weapon types from the game. And Normal Pit isn't able to show off half of them. Dark Pit though, could...

We'll see. I think he might just be an alt or stage boss (fly around sniping), but I'm now for him being a clone now that I got to play his game. We need some Kid Icarus lasers in some form.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you did not read the post? :awesome:

Please do not touch Dark Pit the Hedgehog! He is my main!

I am not sure who I would cut. I do not want to contemplate such abhorrent things!
are you contradicting yourself? you just said to cut wolf because he is a clone of fox

Morbi

Scavenger
are you contradicting yourself? you just said to cut wolf because he is a clone of fox
I am not contradicting myself. I am one of Wolf's biggest advocates, you can ask anyone that got an ass reaming for asserting that he is even a semi-clone.

Because it's the internet and sarcasm is impossible to detect unless you make it obvious or are really good at conveying it.
I thought I made it pretty obvious. I will underline the context clues.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I missed the earlier conversation, so I have no idea what post is being discussed.
"You fail to comprehend, good sir. Wolf is a clone, a clone of Falco. We do not need a third clone from a dead series. Remember that blaster that functions completely differently, the blade attached to its barrel? It is the same as Fox's. Fire Wolf is the same too minus all of the properties functioning completely unique of course. Do not get me started on their side-specials, have you even used Wolf's side-special. CLEARLY, it is the same was Fox's. Not only that, but the reflector. Therefore he is a semi-clone, albeit, a rare semi-clone. A semi-clone that does not share half of its moves thereby ensuring that it is not a semi-clone. But still, that Landmaster Final Smash. Yep. Wolf is a clone. We need a new and unique character. Cut Wolf for some arbitrary reason.

I am going to pretend that I never double posted. Muahaha."

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
From what I've seen, Krystal is becoming one of the most important and reoccurring characters and I think she'd actually make a great addition.
Correction, she was becoming. Back in 2006.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ridley, K.rool, Shulk, New legend of Zelda character...

Delete one
Stage boss one
Assist trophy

Go!!!

After going back on forth on this for a while, the best possible answer is:

Delete - Zelda Newcomer
Stage Boss - Shulk
Assist Trophy - K. Rool
Character Slot - Ridley

I'll explain each choice if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I am not contradicting myself. I am one of Wolf's biggest advocates, you can ask anyone that got an *** reaming for asserting that he is even a semi-clone.

I thought I made it pretty obvious. I will underline the context clues.

Dead series? Shame on you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Delete - Zelda Newcomer
Stage Boss - Shulk
Assist Trophy - K. Rool
Character Slot - Ridley

Shulk as a stage boss is interesting. Could you explain your rationale for that one?

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Delete - Zelda Newcomer
Stage Boss - Shulk
Assist Trophy - K. Rool
Character Slot - Ridley

Shulk as a stage boss would be both the worst and best thing ever.

Morbi

Scavenger

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
This thread gives me a head ache. Morbids sarcasm was pretty clear lol. I don't understand some of you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah... It's hard to imagine how much more important you can get when you're on Star Fox piloting Arwings and ****.

D

Deleted member

If Shulk is a stage boss, I fully expect him to accompanied by other party members so that we can get NOW IT'S REYN TIME.

*stage boss appears*

THE ENEMY'S WEAK, BUT DON'T DROP YOUR GUARD
I DON'T WANT ANYONE DYING OUT THERE
HAH
HYEAH
BACK SLASH
WILD DOWN
NOW IT'S REYN TIME
MONADO SHOW ME THE WAY
THIS IS THE MONADO'S POWER
YOU'RE NOT INVINCIBLE; MONADO ENCHANT
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO
*makes KO*
THAT WAS TOO EASY
SHARLA DID YOU SEE ME? DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID?
PIECE OF CAKE!

"You fail to comprehend, good sir. Wolf is a clone, a clone of Falco. We do not need a third clone from a dead series. Remember that blaster that functions completely differently, the blade attached to its barrel? It is the same as Fox's. Fire Wolf is the same too minus all of the properties functioning completely unique of course. Do not get me started on their side-specials, have you even used Wolf's side-special. CLEARLY, it is the same was Fox's. Not only that, but the reflector. Therefore he is a semi-clone, albeit, a rare semi-clone. A semi-clone that does not share half of its moves thereby ensuring that it is not a semi-clone. But still, that Landmaster Final Smash. Yep. Wolf is a clone. We need a new and unique character. Cut Wolf for some arbitrary reason.

I am going to pretend that I never double posted. Muahaha."
This is obvious sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Or it would just be the best.
The thought of Shulk just standing there being all like "What am i even here for?" and then ocasionally swinging his sword is just hillarious, but as a Shulk supporter, well i must say that if that happened i would be all like DARN YOU MASHPOTATO SAMURAI!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Shulk as a stage boss is interesting. Could you explain your rationale for that one?
I want Xenoblade representation, and if Shulk is a stage boss it means we will get a Xenoblade stage. That means Xenoblade music, Xenoblade visuals, and probably other Xenoblade characters as assist trophies. I want Shulk BADLY as a playable character, but my want for Ridley edges that out.

As far as how he would work as a stage boss? Watch the following cut scene if you don't care AT ALL ABOUT XENOBLADE SPOILERS, AS THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH THE BIGGEST SPOILERS POSSIBLE.

At this point Shulk just defeated the leader of the Mechonis and made peace with him, all seems like it's going well when Dixson, who is basically a father figure to Shulk shoots him down with a shot from his rifle.

mark welford

Smash Ace
guys I know there are 1000s of people on these forums but I feel alone in my love of something other smash I want start a thread but I am afraid of not a lot of people visiting it

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
guys I know there are 1000s of people on these forums but I feel alone in my love of something other smash I want start a thread but I am afraid of not a lot of people visiting it
Well, this IS smashboards...
I'm sure there are other boards out there in the world wide web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom