• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, cool.

Also, apparently Smash 3DS was removed from Wario's eShop section.
Dunno why, but I am banking on it being a mistake in the first place.

@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous Do you even Edit Post, bro?
I thought someone else posted after that first one... never mind.

As for Wario, eh, we may see him. Taking him off of the 3DS was probably because it was a mistake. Not to mention that there will be riots if it got around too much.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
You completely missed the point of what I am trying to say.

Also, what did I say that would warrant such hostility anyway?
Not really. I'm just trolling ya.

But in all seriousness, given how quickly Nintendo took down the Wario leak, all that really did was strengthen the probability that he will be revealed tomorrow. And if one takes the SDCC "surprises" to mean anything significant, Wario would probably get revealed alongside a newcomer. And given his connections to Rhythm Heaven, it seems likely that we'll be getting the Chorus Kids revealed tomorrow--or some other rep from said franchise.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The fact that it was removed is fishy.
But it could have been a mistake like Kenith said. Fishy nonetheless.

We could get a Wario POTD tomorrow, or even a Chorus Kids/Wario reveal. Who knows?
I'm keeping my expectations low, but it's not like we didn't expect Wario anyway.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I want Nintendo to have the trailer on Pyrosphere and feature Ridley for 2 minutes until we realize he's actually just a stage hazard. Then Wario pops out and does some dance and that's it.
I kid.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't think we're going to get a Wario reveal, especially if they pulled it from the eshop. Pre brawl, when they slipped ness? lucario? by accident with stickers, they didn't show them right after, or for a while, actually.

I want Nintendo to have the trailer on Pyrosphere and feature Ridley for 2 minutes until we realize he's actually just a stage hazard. Then Wario pops out and does some dance and that's it.
I kid.
I want the reverse of this xD

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I thought someone else posted after that first one... never mind.
Yeah, that happens to me all the time, when the rate of your posting and getting alerts for others posting get mixed up. :D

As for Wario, eh, we may see him. Taking him off of the 3DS was probably because it was a mistake. Not to mention that there will be riots if it got around too much.
Yeah, even if they were planning on revealing him...
They probably didn't want to spoil it...

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Pretty good. I just think that Isaac would be the better rep than Matthew for the all-around franchise, as he is more iconic.

And there's no Lucas...
Matthew is already pretty much Isaac with a slightly different design.

Lucas is there, he's just named Ness and wears different clothes. :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The fact that it was removed is fishy.
But it could have been a mistake like Kenith said. Fishy nonetheless.

We could get a Wario POTD tomorrow, or even a Chorus Kids/Wario reveal. Who knows?
I'm keeping my expectations low, but it's not like we didn't expect Wario anyway.
He would've announced it 4 or less days prior to the reveal if we were getting a newcomer.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

First post-gematsu roster I've posted, feels liberating.
Matthew > Isaac due to the art shift from the first two games to Dark Dawn making him a better rep for what the series (most likely) will look like in the future.
Karate Joe is RH rep of choice. Not much else to say.
Zelda newcomer, I don't care who they are. Could be Ganon, Vaati, Impa, Toon Zelda, Ghirahim. With Tingle deconfirmed, I have no worries putting this placeholder on my roster. I'm happy so long as we get someone from that series.
Oh, Ganondorf gets decloned with Black Shadow inheriting his moveset. Preferably using Melee!Ganondorf as the base.
My favorite thing about this roster is that just said "screw it, you pick your own Zelda character". :laugh:
Which means Ghirahim all the way!!

I feel the same way about Matthew, I recall hearing that Matthew was supposed to stay the main character should Golden Sun continue (not likely).
Still, considering he is not Isaac, and Isaac is who everyone wants, I think that's who we would get.

I have no input on Karate Joe since I apparently don't know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to Rhythm Heaven.

Also, Black Shadow. @ Morbi Morbi would be pleased, as would I.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
While I'm keeping my expectations low, a Wario + Chorus Kids trailer would be fun. Doesn't really get much more "comic" than that haha, perfect for Comic-Con.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I want them to do a character reveal trailer, in August or this weekend or something, and have Sakurai tell us it's his last one before the game comes out.

Then the day before the game comes out he throws another one at us, just to **** with us.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
He would've announced it 4 or less days prior to the reveal if we were getting a newcomer.
Well, to be fair, it's not like we've only gotten newcomers when Sakurai announces them prior to a character trailer. At events like these, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got a completely new character trailer. I also wouldn't expect it, but you know.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While I'm keeping my expectations low, a Wario + Chorus Kids trailer would be fun. Doesn't really get much more "comic" than that haha, perfect for Comic-Con.
Now that you mention that, a Smash newcomer trailer with a storyboard comic-book artstyle would so freaking awesome.

I wonder who it could be for, though, if they did that?
Paper Mario would work?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My favorite thing about this roster is that just said "screw it, you pick your own Zelda character". :laugh:
Which means Ghirahim all the way!!

I feel the same way about Matthew, I recall hearing that Matthew was supposed to stay the main character should Golden Sun continue (not likely).
Still, considering he is not Isaac, and Isaac is who everyone wants, I think that's who we would get.

I have no input on Karate Joe since I apparently don't know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to Rhythm Heaven.

Also, Black Shadow. @ Morbi Morbi would be pleased, as would I.
A roster without Black Shadow can never truly be a roster; 'tis impossible.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I thought Little Mac's intro was already pretty comic-inspired. I mean, in all except the flipping pages.

I think Takamaru's trailer should begin in a manga fashion. Since Palutena pretty much took care of the anime intro. ¬_¬

If it were a StarTropics character's intro, it'd be neat to have a sketchbook-type or map-drawing type video. Sorta like this. :3

If Pokemon trainer should come back, there should be definitely be an intro where Prof. Oak's giving his usual "Welcome to the world of Pokemon" speech.

(And the part where he asks wether you're a boy or a girl is repeated at the very end of the trailer, revealing you can choose a female Pokemon Trainer as well)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I may be biased, but... Paper Mario? :upsidedown:
I suggested that.

Imagine this. The trailer starts with a hectic battle scene displayed in a comic book. Mario, Link, Wario, Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, let's say, but definitely Wario. Over the course of the battle, Mario is badly losing, and he hides briefly to find out the best way to win. Then, he has a thought, and the camera pans back to see the comic book sitting on the ground while that same battle takes place in the real world.

The comic book glows and levitates, and the fighters turn to see it's pages begin to fly in different directions before merging together into a mad of paper, that unfolds into Paper Mario!

Then the gameplay trailer commences.

I mean, it seems Perfect in my head, I don't know if you guys see what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I agree that Little Mac's was essentially a comic book trailer already.

@ Kenith Kenith mentioned a Mewtwo reveal yesterday, and if we get anything I would bank on that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suggested that.

Imagine this. The trailer starts with a hectic battle scene displayed in a comic book. Mario, Link, Wario, Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, let's say, but definitely Wario. Over the course of the battle, Mario is badly losing, and he hides briefly to find out the best way to win. Then, he has a thought, and the camera pans back to see the comic book sitting on the ground while that same battle takes place in the real world.

The comic book glows and levitates, and the fighters turn to see it's pages begin to fly in different directions before merging together into a mad of paper, that unfolds into Paper Mario!

Then the gameplay trailer commences.

I mean, it seems Perfect in my head, I don't know if you guys see what I'm seeing.
It is not "perfect" and I most certainly do not see what you are seeing. Your "idea," if you can call it such, does not have the capacity to be immaculate as Black Shadow is quite clearly the most ideal choice for a comic-book reveal trailer as he is secretly Batman. I thought that this was common-knowledge; however, you know what they say about common-knowledge, it is not extremely common.

Change your "idea" to something better relating to Black Shadow and I will reconsider my stance regarding this issue. :jigglypuffmelee:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It is not "perfect" and I most certainly do not see what you are seeing. Your "idea," if you can call it such, does not have the capacity to be immaculate as Black Shadow is quite clearly the most ideal choice for a comic-book reveal trailer as he is secretly Batman. I thought that this was common-knowledge; however, you know what they say about common-knowledge, it is not extremely common.
Change your "idea" to something better relating to Black Shadow and I will reconsider my stance regarding this issue. :jigglypuffmelee:
So, are you trolling me, or...

Well that's PERFECT for Paper Mario.
Pretty sure you suggested it. Mewtwo would probably be the best choice for a reveal IMO.
I don't remember saying that...hm...
Then again, I don't retain half the things I say on Smashboards...

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Great to see some Ghiraham support. His new trailer was awesome today.

In regards to tomorrow, sounds like we may have Wario. Hopefully a little more too.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What if Link and Mario were fighting and Toon Link jumps in to assist Link. Mario showing signs of stamina loss, Paper Mario jumps in and assists Mario. Then. . .

:colorful:Paper Mario Folds In!:colorful:

Mario and Link have a stare down and Paper Mario and Toon Link have a stare down.

Not the best idea, but I literally came up with that in about 2 minutes while at work.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Great to see some Ghiraham support. His new trailer was awesome today.

In regards to tomorrow, sounds like we may have Wario. Hopefully a little more too.
Huh I thought it was Monita that was revealed in a trailer today.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This may be potentially grasping at straws, but I think the trailer in the end of Pac-Man's trailer could be a continuation of another newcomer trailer (which could explain why Mr. G&W is not revealed yet).
It could potentially reveal the historical newcomer some of us expect in the roster.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
This may be potentially grasping at straws, but I think the trailer in the end of Pac-Man's trailer could be a continuation of another newcomer trailer (which could explain why Mr. G&W is not revealed yet).
It could potentially reveal the historical newcomer some of us expect in the roster.
I apologize, but I'm unaware of this historical character at the moment.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think it's grasping at straws.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I apologize, but I'm unaware of this historical character at the moment.
A newcomer whom has had a historical impact to Nintendo's history (G&W, DHD, Daitouryou, Diskun and R.O.B. are examples of these).

I think it's grasping at straws.
Why do you think he won't be revealed aside from the fact he's going to remain hidden until post-release.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
A newcomer whom has had a historical impact to Nintendo's history (G&W, DHD, Daitouryou, Diskun and R.O.B. are examples of these).
I was thinking G&W and R.O.B. but both of them are veterans. I thought you were solely referring to newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom