• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think you meant 3. If you added K Rool into that, then there would be four (unless I'm missing something here)
Yeah, I'm counting with K.Rool ... I'm almost counting him seriously, I can feel he's coming.
He's coming .... right ?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
My first roster...
View attachment 19036

I don't expect the real roster to be this big mind you, although I don't think it's impossible. I just thought since it was my first attempt at creating a roster, I would try to add some fan favorites while putting in some of my personal most wanted newcomers.

Is this the part where I prepare myself for the backlash?
The backlash is always the best part. I can't say I have much to give, though. I hate boringly safe rosters, and this certainly isn't one.

My only actual complaints are Toon Zelda and Waddle Dee. I know how big Waddle Dee is, but I just feel weird about him. He's got a piece of cloth and a pointy stick. Toon Zelda, on the other hand, is just a boring choice altogether. I prefer Tetra, if you want another Toon. Otherwise, I prefer a Skyward Sword rep (cause honestly, I really wouldn't mind Groose) or Impa.

I also just feel weird about Black Shadow, even though I like him.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
The backlash is always the best part. I can't say I have much to give, though. I hate boringly safe rosters, and this certainly isn't one.

My only actual complaints are Toon Zelda and Waddle Dee. I know how big Waddle Dee is, but I just feel weird about him. He's got a piece of cloth and a pointy stick. Toon Zelda, on the other hand, is just a boring choice altogether. I prefer Tetra, if you want another Toon. Otherwise, I prefer a Skyward Sword rep (cause honestly, I really wouldn't mind Groose) or Impa.
I added Waddle Dee (or Bandanna Dee) because I've seen fans who want him quite a lot. I've thought about it, and came to the conclusion that if Kirby does get a fourth representative, WD is really the only one they can pick at this point. Not sure if there are other iconic Kirby characters that make multiple appearances in the franchise, but I can't think of any.

I prefer Tetra too, but I'm almost just as okay with Toon Zelda. I wouldn't be at all disappointed no matter which one they picked over the other. I went with Toon Zelda in the end, ironically because it was the safe choice. I guess when you have two characters that you know can't both get in, but love equally, the safer choice is the one to go with.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Congratulations on being the first to comment on my first roster. I'm not exactly sure if that means anything to you, but I'll congratulate you anyway.

Like I told you a couple nights ago, I think Ghirahim has almost no chance of becoming playable due to him not being able to represent the Zelda series very well. He would, in essence, be representing one game rather than representing the entire franchise. Think back to Brawl when Twilight Princess was still new. We got a TP stage and updated character models, but no TP character. I believe that this time we're only getting a Skyward Sword stage with updated Zelda items, along with a couple new ones. Impa could work to represent more of the franchise, but if they chose the SS model, she would, like Ghirahim, be representing one game. Unless of course her OoT model was an alt costume, but I don't see that happening. Every other Zelda game she is either very old, or nonexistent. Toon Zelda can easily represent an entire third of the franchise, given that about a third of the Zelda games were created in that art style, and even more games featured Zelda as a child along with Link. And considering Toon Zelda is in my top two most wanted newcomers could mean that I'm biased. Not sure. I guess we just have different thoughts as to how characters get picked to be playable in Smash.

I see you mentioning 8-Bit Mario quite a bit. That was an awful pun... I'm not against the idea at all, and I have to say that I am interested in how such a character could work. Do you think he would be a clone, or have an original move set based on the NES games? I would like to see you elaborate a little more on your vision of that character.

I don't really see Dark Pit happening, but at the same time, I don't think it's impossible. I just think he's going to be an alt or a boss character on the Palutena stage. Dark Pit is still a big mystery for us, but there have been plenty of Dark Pit conversations here already. Let's just see what happens.
I tend to rely on whatever evidence I could muster to prove a character's playability, and I do see a ton of credibility in the trophy quiz rumor. Why I insist that the Zelda newcomer would hail from Skyward Sword (or in Impa's case, be modeled after her appearance in said game) is due to Fi's trophy, and the music that plays--which in turn hints towards either Ghirahim or Impa. Other major characters that could technically sneak in include Demise and Groose; the former, however, is an easy alt for Ganondorf, while Groose...eh...not very likely. I leave my options open, and once I heard confirmation that other characters could potentially be alternate skins, I ultimately concluded that Ghirahim is more likely, but is by no means a guarantee (if Chrom was anything to go by).

The flaw I have with the whole "representing the franchise," as much as I agree with that sentiment, is that in Zelda's case--as well as Mario's case, even prior to Rosalina's inclusion--is that the entire franchise in general is already represented; all that was truly needed was the Triforce Trio, and one representative from the Toon versions of the game--specifically, Toon Link. I get the Toon Zelda/Tetra requests--I really do--but the Forbidden 7 aspects of Brawl doesn't necessarily give the characters listed there any extra leg. After all, Roy and Mewtwo were the only characters in that list that almost made it on their own accord. Similar to Plusle & Minum, it is likely that Toon Zelda/Tetra, as well as Dixie Kong and Dr. Mario, were all heavily considered, but never even worked on for the final game.

I typed something up with 8-Bit Mario in regards to an incomplete moveset, but let's just say, he'd be dependent on a moveset around what he could do in the Arcade Donkey Kong games, Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. in particular, with perhaps a few bones thrown into other original Nintendo games from their Pong console to Tetris. His colors would be red, white, green, and blue (for Jumpman). His Final Smash would have him turn into the Duck Hunt Dog, and you shoot the ducks in order to spike your foes; it would be a combination of killing your opponents and keeping the FS going for an entire "level" of Duck Hunt. Try to use your imagination; you might come up with some pretty cool ideas, yourself.

I used to have my doubts concerning Dark Pit, until Lucina happened, and then I begun to take into consideration the very real possibility that this roster could very well be huge. I'm not giving him the guarantee yet (like I have with Ridley and Shulk), but considering that he's been teased, he's very likely. Although I'd much rather see Hades as a third representative from KI:U.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Did we discuss the whole thing with Nintendo handing out Smash 3DS demos at SDCC? Sorry, I'm too lazy to check back in the thread.

If not, https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/491719371841343489

Depending on who gets their hands on this, we may find out some interesting stuff about the game. Or not, as I'm not sure how limited the demo will be.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's just nintendo employees mobbing people there and bringing a 3ds with the demo
so no one can get ahold of it

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
They've specifically mentioned that they're sending out download codes, not just walking around with 3DS's with the game on it.

Which is a huge load of BS because these blokes are getting an instant demo of the game that they can play who knows how many times while anyone who went to Smash Fest had to wait in line for hours on end just to play two matches of the game.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
it's just nintendo employees mobbing people there and bringing a 3ds with the demo
so no one can get ahold of it
Oh, ok. I guess I assumed that they would be handing out actual demos since the wording was a bit vague. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Edit: Or not? I'm confused. Like I said the wording isn't too clear on the tweet.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I tend to rely on whatever evidence I could muster to prove a character's playability, and I do see a ton of credibility in the trophy quiz rumor. Why I insist that the Zelda newcomer would hail from Skyward Sword (or in Impa's case, be modeled after her appearance in said game) is due to Fi's trophy, and the music that plays--which in turn hints towards either Ghirahim or Impa. Other major characters that could technically sneak in include Demise and Groose; the former, however, is an easy alt for Ganondorf, while Groose...eh...not very likely. I leave my options open, and once I heard confirmation that other characters could potentially be alternate skins, I ultimately concluded that Ghirahim is more likely, but is by no means a guarantee (if Chrom was anything to go by).

The flaw I have with the whole "representing the franchise," as much as I agree with that sentiment, is that in Zelda's case--as well as Mario's case, even prior to Rosalina's inclusion--is that the entire franchise in general is already represented; all that was truly needed was the Triforce Trio, and one representative from the Toon versions of the game--specifically, Toon Link. I get the Toon Zelda/Tetra requests--I really do--but the Forbidden 7 aspects of Brawl doesn't necessarily give the characters listed there any extra leg. After all, Roy and Mewtwo were the only characters in that list that almost made it on their own accord. Similar to Plusle & Minum, it is likely that Toon Zelda/Tetra, as well as Dixie Kong and Dr. Mario, were all heavily considered, but never even worked on for the final game.

I typed something up with 8-Bit Mario in regards to an incomplete moveset, but let's just say, he'd be dependent on a moveset around what he could do in the Arcade Donkey Kong games, Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. in particular, with perhaps a few bones thrown into other original Nintendo games from their Pong console to Tetris. His colors would be red, white, green, and blue (for Jumpman). His Final Smash would have him turn into the Duck Hunt Dog, and you shoot the ducks in order to spike your foes; it would be a combination of killing your opponents and keeping the FS going for an entire "level" of Duck Hunt. Try to use your imagination; you might come up with some pretty cool ideas, yourself.

I used to have my doubts concerning Dark Pit, until Lucina happened, and then I begun to take into consideration the very real possibility that this roster could very well be huge. I'm not giving him the guarantee yet (like I have with Ridley and Shulk), but considering that he's been teased, he's very likely. Although I'd much rather see Hades as a third representative from KI:U.
I completely agree that those franchises are already fully represented. I'm not saying that they need to add another representative to the Zelda franchise to complete it. It has five characters already. That's a huge chunk of the roster for Smash. I'm just saying that if they intend to add another Zelda character, I believe it will be Toon Zelda because it fits that criteria that they seem to be going for when they add characters. That's why I believe it was her who was considered to be playable in Brawl. Rosalina is there for her move set potential, and to represent two of the biggest 3D Mario games out of about six that they've made. It also helps her case that they keep bringing her back for spin off Mario titles. Yeah she didn't need to be included to further represent the Mario franchise, but she was a good choice because she can at this point. That's all I'm saying.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
The staff also has elemental powers, so you're missing facts as well.
What extent do these elements effect anything? I don't see the elements doing anything except add cute effects to a dull set of A moves and maybe move the specials up from dull to mildly interesting. I don't see how but I'll give you the doubt. No we have a character who is like 8% unique maybe

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I completely agree that those franchises are already fully represented. I'm not saying that they need to add another representative to the Zelda franchise to complete it. It has five characters already. That's a huge chunk of the roster for Smash. I'm just saying that if they intend to add another Zelda character, I believe it will be Toon Zelda because it fits that criteria that they seem to be going for when they add characters. That's why I believe it was her who was considered to be playable in Brawl. Rosalina is there for her move set potential, and to represent two of the biggest 3D Mario games out of about six that they've made. It also helps her case that they keep bringing her back for spin off Mario titles. Yeah she didn't need to be included to further represent the Mario franchise, but she was a good choice because she can at this point. That's all I'm saying.
Considering that the Forbidden 7 was simply the lowest priority characters to be added to the roster, and I reckon that Toon Zelda and Tetra were only slightly ahead of Plusle & Minum (who were bottom-of-the-barrel because the 3rd generation wasn't relevant anymore), their planned inclusion for Brawl is ultimately irrelevant. Mewtwo and Roy (and possibly Dr. Mario and Dixie Kong) were the only characters from that list of any real relevance because they almost made it in. I would rather believe the evidence before my eyes rather than what would make the most sense when potential proof is completely disregarded. Doesn't automatically mean that Ghirahim will get in, but if you take into account the Trophy Quiz theory as well as the overabundance of Skyward Sword material--and no, I am not just limiting myself to the stages (Delfino Plaza is prime example of the contrary)--then wouldn't it make the most sense when the newcomer is either one of the last remaining staples to the series (Impa) or the originator of the entirety of the legend (Ghirahim)? It doesn't mean that I cannot be way off, or that there will be a Zelda newcomer, but Skyward Sword seems the most likely suspect at this point.

I keep my options open when predicting my list. Frankly, with the possible exception of Dark Pit (why him and not Hades?), I really couldn't care less who else joins the battle so long as they are not worse than Brawl Ganondorf, and so long as I get Meta Knight and Falco back; those two are my mains alongside Sonic, Toon Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Olimar, and ROB. Even though Lucina is my least favorite newcomer so far, I still cannot wait to try out all these newcomers.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So i have a question, What clones do you want to see in the game (playable or costume) and I mean characters that there canon is that they are a clone
I want to see:
1. Blood Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Dark pit

what are your guys top picks for "clones"
Well if you read my last few posts in this thread, you'll know that I'm hoping to see Toon Zelda. I think it would be nice to have a different take on regular Zelda similarly to how we have a different option for Link. I actually enjoy being able to try out two different styles of a similar move set to pick my favorite. That's a reason I'm excited to play with the custom move set options.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So i have a question, What clones do you want to see in the game (playable or costume) and I mean characters that there canon is that they are a clone
I want to see:
1. Blood Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Dark pit

1. Ice Climbers clone Donbe and Hikari
2. Samus clone Sylux
3. Captain Falcon clone Black Shadow

.n_n.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
Well if you read my last few posts in this thread, you'll know that I'm hoping to see Toon Zelda. I think it would be nice to have a different take on regular Zelda similarly to how we have a different option for Link. I actually enjoy being able to try out two different styles of a similar move set to pick my favorite. That's a reason I'm excited to play with the custom move set options.
No I meant characters who are genetically a clone of another character even if that other said character is not already in smash

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I want to see:
1. Blood Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Dark pit

I see what you did there.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So here's my latest roster, updated with all the reveals we got since E3.

Smash 4 Prediction (no-Gematsu) Roster.png

56 Slots, 55 Characters (Including Miis).

You might say that that is a very large amount, but it is only 16 more characters than Brawl, so I think it seems reasonable.
If I had to make cuts from the roster, the first ones to go would be Snake, Sceptile, and Lucas, in that order.

And if Gematsu is true, swap out Lucas with Chorus Men.

Thoughts?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Considering that the Forbidden 7 was simply the lowest priority characters to be added to the roster, and I reckon that Toon Zelda and Tetra were only slightly ahead of Plusle & Minum (who were bottom-of-the-barrel because the 3rd generation wasn't relevant anymore), their planned inclusion for Brawl is ultimately irrelevant. Mewtwo and Roy (and possibly Dr. Mario and Dixie Kong) were the only characters from that list of any real relevance because they almost made it in. I would rather believe the evidence before my eyes rather than what would make the most sense when potential proof is completely disregarded. Doesn't automatically mean that Ghirahim will get in, but if you take into account the Trophy Quiz theory as well as the overabundance of Skyward Sword material--and no, I am not just limiting myself to the stages (Delfino Plaza is prime example of the contrary)--then wouldn't it make the most sense when the newcomer is either one of the last remaining staples to the series (Impa) or the originator of the entirety of the legend (Ghirahim)? It doesn't mean that I cannot be way off, or that there will be a Zelda newcomer, but Skyward Sword seems the most likely suspect at this point.

I keep my options open when predicting my list. Frankly, with the possible exception of Dark Pit (why him and not Hades?), I really couldn't care less who else joins the battle so long as they are not worse than Brawl Ganondorf, and so long as I get Meta Knight and Falco back; those two are my mains alongside Sonic, Toon Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Olimar, and ROB. Even though Lucina is my least favorite newcomer so far, I still cannot wait to try out all these newcomers.
I respect that reasoning. Skyward Sword does appear to be getting the most representation in Smash 4 right now. I guess I just like to think deeply into it. Maybe even too deeply sometimes. I find that Sakurai likes to mislead, which is one reason I don't think the Trophy Quiz holds too much water. We were misled quite a bit before the Fire Emblem characters were revealed. We all expected Shulk because of a Tweet, then we all turned our heads when Rayman was shown off as a Trophy. In the end, the reveal had nothing to do with those two. To top it off, we all thought Chrom was going to be the new FE representative. Sakurai seems to like doing that to his fans, which is why a lot of Ridley fans believe that Ridley could still be playable. With a series like Zelda, which still has many possible character options if it were to get a sixth character, it can be more difficult to predict which character is going to get in. Because of my views of how characters are chosen to represent a franchise, being that I believe a character has to play a big part in the franchise in order to be considered, I see all of the Skyward Sword representation as misleading. I even think that a new Wind Waker stage to celebrate Wind Waker HD could be in the game, but not shown off yet. Sonic Lost World was able to get a stage, so Wind Waker HD can't be too late. A Toon character would be the perfect choice to represent the stage. I agree with you though. On the surface, it does appear that a Skyward Sword character could be there to represent in Smash along with the stage, items, and Fi trophy. This isn't to say that Sakurai is always misleading though. He hinted at Palutena quite a bit before revealing her. I think that's just because we all knew she was in the game, so he had fun with us. On the other hand, he had us right where he wanted us with our expectations regarding Fire Emblem. I guess that's half the fun of Smash speculation. You're either on the mark, or completely off. In the end, it appears that we both look for evidence regarding character inclusion. I just try to look at what Sakurai has done in the past along with what he may not be showing us, while you seem look at what is definitely there and make the most sense out of it, and we both draw our own conclusions from there. I've enjoyed our discussion and debate, and think I may have gotten more insight.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

View attachment 19064

You might say that that is a very large amount, but it is only 16 more characters than Brawl, so I think it seems reasonable.
If I had to make cuts from the roster, the first ones to go would be Snake, Sceptile, and Lucas, in that order.

Thoughts?
I like your roster... but in general, i'm not expecting a lot of characters, IMO (newcomers) we are getting only Shulk, Chorus Kid and 1 more character (and maybe Dark Pit as a clone), but my question is?

Who's that character?

Ridley? Ghirahim? King K. Rool? :drohmy:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

View attachment 19064

Thoughts?
Don't worry Gematsu is dead.

One of the only things I've ever prayed about is that Gematsu was wrong, mostly because I'm not religious, but the Man Upstairs came through for me.

domokl

Smash Lord

View attachment 19064

Thoughts?
i love this roster. has a lot of my favoritesd. i dont think snake is not in though seeing as you would think he would be at e3 2014 if he was in.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
No I meant characters who are genetically a clone of another character even if that other said character is not already in smash
Oh, I think I get it now. The only possible character I can think of in all honesty would be Ridley from Other M.

View attachment 19064

Thoughts?
My initial thought would be that I don't think the Pokemon franchise is getting seven characters, but I could be wrong. Other than that, I would present you with a couple character swaps to fit my own personal liking, but I'm guessing you probably don't want to hear about that. Decent roster though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

View attachment 19064

Thoughts?
Cut Sceptile for a Rhythm Heaven character.
Or Ghirahim.

Or cut them both and add an unused Nintendo character along with the Rhythm Heaven character.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I respect that reasoning. Skyward Sword does appear to be getting the most representation in Smash 4 right now. I guess I just like to think deeply into it. Maybe even too deeply sometimes. I find that Sakurai likes to mislead, which is one reason I don't think the Trophy Quiz holds too much water. We were misled quite a bit before the Fire Emblem characters were revealed. We all expected Shulk because of a Tweet, then we all turned our heads when Rayman was shown off as a Trophy. In the end, the reveal had nothing to do with those two. To top it off, we all thought Chrom was going to be the new FE representative. Sakurai seems to like doing that to his fans, which is why a lot of Ridley fans believe that Ridley could still be playable. With a series like Zelda, which still has many possible character options if it were to get a sixth character, it can be more difficult to predict which character is going to get in. Because of my views of how characters are chosen to represent a franchise, being that I believe a character has to play a big part in the franchise in order to be considered, I see all of the Skyward Sword representation as misleading. I even think that a new Wind Waker stage to celebrate Wind Waker HD could be in the game, but not shown off yet. Sonic Lost World was able to get a stage, so Wind Waker HD can't be too late. A Toon character would be the perfect choice to represent the stage. I agree with you though. On the surface, it does appear that a Skyward Sword character could be there to represent in Smash along with the stage, items, and Fi trophy. This isn't to say that Sakurai is always misleading though. He hinted at Palutena quite a bit before revealing her. I think that's just because we all knew she was in the game, so he had fun with us. On the other hand, he had us right where he wanted us with our expectations regarding Fire Emblem. I guess that's half the fun of Smash speculation. You're either on the mark, or completely off. In the end, it appears that we both look for evidence regarding character inclusion. I just try to look at what Sakurai has done in the past along with what he may not be showing us, while you seem look at what is definitely there and make the most sense out of it, and we both draw our own conclusions from there. I've enjoyed our discussion and debate, and think I may have gotten more insight.
Thanks. Though it should be noted too that Tikki's trophy was hinting at Robin due to his theme song playing during it's reveal--or so I heard. We all came to assume that Chrom was going to be playable due to the gematsu leak saying so is all.

Actually, Lucina's tease came during the amiibo section of the Digital Direct (where one of the guys over at the Treehouse was discussing the amiibo figures), which was how I came to the conclusion that 8-Bit Mario was likely to be playable. Maybe it's a stretch, but it does sound like something that Sakurai would do given Mr. Game & Watch and ROB in the past.

D

Deleted member

It is a stretch.
The amiibo pic had Meat Shield Toad, Final Smash Tom Nook, and Assist Trophy Isabelle as well.

I sincerely doubt they will have Smash-related amiibos.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Thanks. Though it should be noted too that Tikki's trophy was hinting at Robin due to his theme song playing during it's reveal--or so I heard. We all came to assume that Chrom was going to be playable due to the gematsu leak saying so is all.

Actually, Lucina's tease came during the amiibo section of the Digital Direct (where one of the guys over at the Treehouse was discussing the amiibo figures), which was how I came to the conclusion that 8-Bit Mario was likely to be playable. Maybe it's a stretch, but it does sound like something that Sakurai would do given Mr. Game & Watch and ROB in the past.
And I guess 8-Bit Mario could give us our retro character that everybody wants. I think that would be interesting. Maybe he could represent Mario Maker? Also, didn't Chrom have another piece of evidence being a song of his in the background of the Awakening stage? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought people said his song on the FE stage was going for him as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

View attachment 19064

Thoughts?
Cut Sceptile for Chorus Kids (and preferably Ghirahim for another character) and I'm 100% okay with that roster and would never need to buy another Super Smash Bros game again.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
It is a stretch.
The amiibo pic had Meat Shield Toad, Final Smash Tom Nook, and Assist Trophy Isabelle as well.

I sincerely doubt they will have Smash-related amiibos.
The difference, however, was that Toad, Tom Nook, and Isabelle were already disconfirmed while Lucina, Mr. Game & Watch, and 8-Bit Mario were still at large. Consider it a very well-hidden hint on potential characters since Lucina has since been confirmed, and we all know that Mr. Game & Watch is still at large. Might as well keep the possibility open; the idea of a playable 8-Bit Mario could make some people grin a bit.

And I guess 8-Bit Mario could give us our retro character that everybody wants. I think that would be interesting. Maybe he could represent Mario Maker? Also, didn't Chrom have another piece of evidence being a song of his in the background of the Awakening stage? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought people said his song on the FE stage was going for him as well.
I really would not rely on character theme songs in stages as adequate evidence. It's an interesting idea, sure, but all such speculation would cause is to make some really inaccurate predictions. Sneaky Spirits, Kremlings, and the rumored Mechon trophies are about as far as I am willing to go in looking for in-game evidence of possible playable characters, and all three of them have something going for them that'd stand out.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want to see:
1. Blood Falcon
2. Mewtwo
3. Dark pit

1. Daisy
2.Dark Pit
3. Falcondorf Demise :troll:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
About that demo stuff, I think it'd be stupid if it was limited to SDCC. I think that similar to Tomadachi, the demo will be made public through the eshop eventually.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Here is my prediction roster, and yes its a bit big but I kinda feel the roster will be bigger than expected thanks to namcos help.
(probably not this big though.)

Gyromite? why would they add a character from Gyromite if they already have R.O.B? and who would it be? There's just that professor guy and no one else.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Gyromite? why would they add a character from Gyromite if they already have ROB? and who would it be? There's just that professor guy and no one else.
it's a stand-in for whatever retro character

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ AEMehr AEMehr I nearly fully agree with your points. Vaati, Paper Mario, and Trainer are moreso there for me. I do not see any of them as greatly implausible, and would rather show most of the non single-party characters I believe to have a good chance of being highly porbable, rather than guess between A or B, wherein it is literally at that point a guess. I honestly see the roster capping off at about 60.

My post didn't mention them being part of the original 12. My point is that they are easy to make, and are staples. Keeping Sheik is the same thing, an irrelevant character that is popular in smash bros. Lucas shouldn't be there before Ness now that Ness and Lucas have coexist before. Jiggly, takes like no time at all to make, and hence why she was in Brawl. With their being a delay on the 3DS version, there is no reason why she shouldn't be back. Their is seriously 0 point at all in removing them, especially for Ray-man and Bomberman.
Just because she is not in HD does not mean shedoes not take time; she still must be animated and balanced. Unlike melee to Brawl, now this is actually HD, and not simply ported, which would mean it would take more time. You may not have said original twelve is still the same as it being a 'staple,' is it not? I think my initial response points to plenty of reasons as to why they may not return. Sure there may be a few reasons they could return, but to say there are actually zero reasons they should not return is significantly ignoring many blatant facts.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Here is my prediction roster, and yes its a bit big but I kinda feel the roster will be bigger than expected thanks to namcos help.
(probably not this big though.)

For the empty slots, I'd add 8-Bit Mario, Ghirahim, and Dark Pit (ROB seems to be it for Gyromite). Aside from that, enjoy your roster for the time being.

Though I always found Bayonetta to be such a weird pick even by third-party representations are concerned. I just don't get the mentality behind why people want her badly to begin with.

If I can find out how to put up spoiler tags, I will do so in the future, but.....don't answer that last part, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom