• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
How would you would react if this was the final roster, it's based on a somewhat believable leak we found on the Leaks group.
I like Shulk, Takamaru, and the Duck Hunt dog. I don't mind the clones. I do mind the cuts, and I feel like it still needs 2-3 big names.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'm having a hard time seeing Dr. Mario, Dark Pit (especially after learning what Lucina was originally planned to be), Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. But if this WAS the roster i would be pretty content.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wanted to stop at the lack of King K. Rool.

I said "lol nope," at Bowser Jr.

Then I just started laughing at Dr. Mario.

There's not even anything to say about Dark Pit, the random cuts from out of nowhere, or the horrid organization.

Gotta give it to the supporters of the Chorus Men/Marshall/whatever you want to pull out of your arse at this point, still holding on.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wanted to stop at the lack of King K. Rool.

I said "lol nope," at Bowser Jr.

Then I just started laughing at Dr. Mario.

There's not even anything to say about Dark Pit, the random cuts from out of nowhere, or the horrid organization.

Gotta give it to the supporters of the Chorus Men/Marshall/whatever you want to pull out of your arse at this point, still holding on.
The same could be said of Snake supporters my friend.

D

Deleted member

How would you would react if this was the final roster, it's based on a somewhat believable leak we found on the Leaks group.
I'm assuming that Bowser Jr. is actually supposed to be Baby Bowser? Otherwise, he'd make no sense being to the side with Yoshi away from the Mario group (and more importantly, away from Bowser).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm assuming that Bowser Jr. is actually supposed to be Baby Bowser? Otherwise, he'd make no sense being to the side with Yoshi away from the Mario group (and more importantly, away from Bowser).
The actual leak has him in his clown car with the Koopalings as alts, it sound pretty silly in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Bowser Jr. over Lucas and Wolf bother me, but at least I still get Shulk...

EDIT: Also having Takamaru over Ice Climbers. Why.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well I was kinda in a rush in the end, so Bowser Jr. isn't Baby Bowser, he's the 6th Mario character (According to the leak).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The same could be said of Snake supporters my friend.
Snake isn't a random guy that no one would have thought of until he appeared on a seemingly real leak that ended up being false.

He's a veteran that no one would have thought of until he appeared in the first trailer for Brawl.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Bowser Jr. over Lucas and Wolf bother me, but at least I still get Shulk...

EDIT: Also having Takamaru over Ice Climbers. Why.
Because I think he's the second most likely classic newcomer to get in, and Takamaru never got in over Ice Climbers, the leak states that they are cut, but it doesn't state the reason.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well I was kinda in a rush in the end, so Bowser Jr. isn't Baby Bowser, he's the 6th Mario character (According to the leak).
Blue, you know I love you. We're kinda buds at this point, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but...

Stop relying on leaks so much. The only leak so far that has been reliable whatsoever was the Gematsu Leak, and; even then, that one's not entirely accurate.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Blue, you know I love you. We're kinda buds at this point.

Stop relying on leaks so much. The only leak so far that has been reliable whatsoever was the Gematsu Leak, and; even then, that one's not entirely accurate.
I'm not relying, I'm still veerry skeptical of it and sure that it could be fake, I just wanted to see some reactions to the roster. It's not my prediction roster by the way.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Snake isn't a random guy that no one would have thought of until he appeared on a seemingly real leak that ended up being false.

He's a veteran that no one would have thought of until he appeared in the first trailer for Brawl.
While I'm not a Gematsu guy, I am a firm believer in the Smash Run enemy meaning a playable character theory, and also:

http://smashboards.com/threads/rhythm-heaven-fevers-musical-mascot-marshal-moveset-added.345409/

First post was January 6, Pre-gematsu...... so SOMEONE obviously wanted him.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 why don't you go ahead and post the rosters for the other two possible leaks while you're at it? Would be fun to see people's reactions.

D

Deleted member

You really hate Rhythm Heaven, don't you?
At this point, it's not even the unreliable Gematsu leak that's why people believe a Rhythm Heaven character is showing up.
(And as an fyi, only the Chorus Men weren't thought of as potential newcomers prior to Gematsu; the likes of Marshal, Karate Joe, Wrestler & Reporter, "Rhythm Girl", Rhythm Monkey, etc. all had their followings here.)

It's that there is actual in-game evidence pointing towards it. No leak, reliable or not can COMPARE with that.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Quick question: do you think Rosalina and Luma are one file in the game, or two separate ones, a la Ice Climbers? Idk, maybe I'm getting slightly paranoid, but I'm wondering if the 3DS can hold them.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The big thing about Rhythm Heaven support is that it is the most fragmented fan base I have ever seen, and I've spent some time in the Fire Emblem discussion thread.

There were 4 different RH character with support threads on the front page yesterday. 4.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Miahstorm would be the big one. Foulmouth is also still alive, I feel like there is one I am forgetting though.
this is miahstorm, though it probably would have four rows in whatever configuration (and snake could be replaced with dr mario)

foul-mouthed is incomplete but it's basc ridley, chorus kids, shulk, and mewtwo

D

Deleted member

@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D
To be fair, Rhythm Heaven doesn't really have a definitive character choice.
Naturally, there'd be a varied opinion on who should make the cut.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
While I'm not a Gematsu guy, I am a firm believer in the Smash Run enemy meaning a playable character theory, and also:
I've said it before, there's a strong possibility of enemies from non-represented series appearing. I'm baffled that people think this isn't possible at all. It's not like we have a Pilotwings character because of the stage, or Lip being in because of an item.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rhythm-heaven-fevers-musical-mascot-marshal-moveset-added.345409/

First post was January 6, Pre-gematsu...... so SOMEONE obviously wanted him.
And I want the Happy Mask Salesman, but everyone just laughs at that idea. But if he had appeared in the Gematsu leak, pretty much everyone would be calling him a shoe-in. It's funny what leaks can do to people.
You really hate Rhythm Heaven, don't you?
At this point, it's not even the unreliable Gematsu leak that's why people believe a Rhythm Heaven character is showing up.
(And as an fyi, only the Chorus Men weren't thought of as potential newcomers prior to Gematsu; the likes of Marshal, Karate Joe, Wrestler & Reporter, "Rhythm Girl", Rhythm Monkey, etc. all had their followings here.)

It's that there is actual in-game evidence pointing towards it. No leak, reliable or not can COMPARE with that.
I don't hate Rhythm Heaven, I actually quite like your Wrestler/Reporter idea, it'd be nice to see.

I admit that I am biased against the Chorus Men, they remind me of the Rabbids, those annoying hell spawns who can go shove a...

As I've stated before, and above, I think people are really clinging to those Sneaky Spirits like some sort of lifeline. It's the same kind of straw grasping as the Krystal supporters jumping at the Assault stage and thinking it somehow thinking it means she's in.

Of course, yes there is no RH character, so it's not quite the same to compare it to Krystal... But I've made this point many times; if the ducks from Duck Hunt show up in Smash Run, does that mean that Duck Hunt Dog is in? Etc. There has been no definitive statement of "Enemies in Smash Run are only chosen from franchises that have playable character representation."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux As of right now, Rhythm Heaven (assuming Ice Climbers are back) would literally be the only series to have Smash Run enemies and not have a playable rep. The only one.

On top of that, it's not even a series that lends itself to have enemy characters. They really had to try to come up with something that would work in Smash run.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've said it before, there's a strong possibility of enemies from non-represented series appearing. I'm baffled that people think this isn't possible at all. It's not like we have a Pilotwings character because of the stage, or Lip being in because of an item.

And I want the Happy Mask Salesman, but everyone just laughs at that idea. But if he had appeared in the Gematsu leak, pretty much everyone would be calling him a shoe-in. It's funny what leaks can do to people.

I don't hate Rhythm Heaven, I actually quite like your Wrestler/Reporter idea, it'd be nice to see.

I admit that I am biased against the Chorus Men, they remind me of the Rabbids, those annoying hell spawns who can go shove a...

As I've stated before, and above, I think people are really clinging to those Sneaky Spirits like some sort of lifeline. It's the same kind of straw grasping as the Krystal supporters jumping at the Assault stage and thinking it somehow thinking it means she's in.

Of course, yes there is no RH character, so it's not quite the same to compare it to Krystal... But I've made this point many times; if the ducks from Duck Hunt show up in Smash Run, does that mean that Duck Hunt Dog is in? Etc. There has been no definitive statement of "Enemies in Smash Run are only chosen from franchises that have playable character representation."
The major reason that The sneaky spirit is such good evidence for an RH rep is because it makes no sense for Rhythm heaven to get a smash run enemy. It is a series that doesn't even really have heroes or villains, much less consistent enemies. It just doesn't lend itself to smash run enemies.
If we saw a Rhythm heaven stage rather than sneaky spirits, I wouldn't be totally convinced of an RH character, because RH lends itself well to a stage. It would make sense to have an RH stage, but no character. The sam can't be said for smash run.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
this is miahstorm, though it probably would have four rows in whatever configuration (and snake could be replaced with dr mario)

That's such a fan roster. I love it though. My only real issue is too many Pokémon and no Retro. Add in Isaac and Takamaru and it would pretty much be a dream roster for me.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
James, you've done excuses to Little Mac and Mii before they were confirmed, two of the most obvious newcomers that are in Smash 4 now, why can't you see the Sneaky Spirits as evidence that RH character is in.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm not saying a RH rep is a guarantee, but I think it's more likely then not.

D

Deleted member

Better than the other one. It has Shulk, both Lucas and Ness, and Wolf.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Bleh.
3DS Roster.png

Have a go at this monstrosity. I have an alternative 55-slot roster with the addition of Dixie, Duck Hunt Dog, and Ridley, but I thought there were too many characters, so I cut those three.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux As of right now, Rhythm Heaven (assuming Ice Climbers are back) would literally be the only series to have Smash Run enemies and not have a playable rep. The only one.

On top of that, it's not even a series that lends itself to have enemy characters. They really had to try to come up with something that would work in Smash run.
I assume that, as you seemingly know every enemy that appears in Smash Run, you would know the roster as well, correct?

Sarcasm aside, your second point is really the only thing that has any sort of hold. My big issue is that this is the only thing supporters drag up before resorting back to Gematsu (in most cases). I'd like to see some more effort on that front, it's easy for me to say "Oh, K. Rool is a shoe-in because Kremlings are enemies in Smash Run" but I don't because I still have doubt myself on whether he's in or not. I'd rather people think on the possibility, and try to come up with more reasons than an enemy for their character. Golden has the right idea, as he isn't relying on the leak (as far as I can tell) by sticking to his guns on the Wrestler being the RH rep, while also bringing up various points other than the Sneaky Spirit as to why his character has a shot.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux Well, there is also the fact that the Rhythm franchise has sold more copies then all the Golden Sun games and Xenoblade combined, and that it's super popular in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom