• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
So because of Lucina, will there be a spike in Dark Pit supporters? I personally think he'd be a really interesting character, however unlikely, and probably have quite different specials than normal Pit.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dark Pit won't work, unless he's givin some differentiation from Pit. They're identical. Does he have a signature weapon / alternate outfit he could use?.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
EDIT: Good theory, GRC, but Robin initially being "Chrom and Robin" doesn't explain how the source missed the Robin part of the duo.
The theory goes that it initially started as solely Chrom and later turned into a duo, presumably after the pre-Smash Direct Gematsu leak.

Robin could have been missed much the same was as Rosalina, in that sense.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He covered his ass, and I really do believe him. Nintendo of course will be secretive. The leak still holds truth with me, and I still expect Shulk, Lucas being cut, and DLC.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm pretty sure Sakurai just straight up confirmed clones.

Sakurai said:
With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.
I can see him being like, "screw these guys, I'm going to do this to add more good characters from the get-go," which would be amazinggg. Then again, he could just be referring to Toon Link and Lucina only.

inb4 Roy comes back and we have two Marth clones

Zynux

Smash Lord
In fact, Sakurai listed the notable differences: She is slightly shorter than Marth, and while the sweet spot for Marth is in the tip, Lucina's full strength is distributed throughout the blade, essentially making her a Lucina for beginners-type of deal.
“Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarenai! (For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!)”

2001 - 2008

"In loving memory, our boy Roy."

Rest In Pichus :roypm:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sal posted his original leak on NeoGaf, correct?

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I think people need to stop grouping both Gematsu leaks.
I count the first round and second round as completely difference sources of information, the latter being completely outdated.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Since my laptop is currently out of commission and my roster builder along with it Ill go ahead and just type my new prediction roster

57 characters and Random

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina

Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
Demise

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Pikachu
Jiggilypuff
Lucario
Greninja
Charizard
Mewtwo

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Marth
Ike
Lucina
Robin

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit

Ness
Lucas

Wario
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Mr Game and Watch
ROB
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Villager
Little Mac
Shulk
Chorus Men
Mii Fighters
Wii Fit Trainer

Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Pacman

Might be a bit too much but im feeling the roster will be at least 54 characters.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but GameXplain noted that Ike's eruption is blue this time. Good to know it's accurate to the original game this time. Time: 7:45
I just finished a Radiant Dawn Ike + girls walkthrough Sunday, so it was nice to be reminded of the blue flames. Why he had red/orange flames instead of blue in Brawl confused me

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did his source say that Shulk was going to be shown yesterday? I'm pretty sure everyone was assuming that solely because of the retweet.
Nope Sal's source said to enjoy Shulk.

So people quick survey here.

We are reaching the end of the newcomer videos.

Not many newcomers left. So that begs the questions.

1. How many more newcomer trailers do you think we'll have?
2. How many more newcomers do you think we'll get in total?
3. How many more newcomers do you think will be revealed before release? All of them?

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
1. How many newcomer trailers do you think we'll have?
2. How many newcomers do you think we'll get in total?
3. How many newcomers do you think will be revealed before release? All of them?
1) 2
2) 4 not yet revealed (don't remember the roster count off-hand)
3) 3

I think we'll get another "soft" newcomer in another trailer, and we'll get at least one more on the game itself as a surprise.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

3. How many more newcomers do you think will be revealed before release? All of them?
1. My guess is 2. (3 at most)
2. 4-5, probably.
3. Yes, all of them. I don't think there will be any secret newcomers.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

1. 3-- for Shulk, Chorus Kids/Marshall, and Ridley
2. Depends on how many more like Lucina we get. I can see 4-5 probably. (Holding out hope for Isaac)
3. Probably all of them. Unless there are more like Lucina that don't also line up with a trailer.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

1. One or two more. One for August during the bi-monthly Nintendo Direct, and maybe one for right before release.

2. I think at least 3 more. I doubt Lucina is the only clone, and I still consider Shulk guaranteed. Then there's the suspicious lack of a heavy weight newcomer, which I highly doubt we're going to miss out on, so that rounds off at 14. Perhaps we could reach 15 with another clone or a RH newcomer, but I don't want to stretch it that much.

3. All of the unique newcomers, perhaps they'll save some of the clones.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, will the community finally accept that Impa is very likely to become playable?

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
I can't believe some people is glad that Lucina is her own character even if she is the most cloney clone in the game.

This (+Tink) only confirms that characters like Ganondorf probably will remain the same.

And, kinda sad that the "reveal hype train" will end with Coro-Coro next month :-/

Staarih

Smash Master
And, kinda sad that the "reveal hype train" will end with Coro-Coro next month :-/
Don't worry, apparently there was a similar Coro Coro reveal pre-Brawl which didn't show all the characters, and I'm sure that's the case here as well.

I do think we'll get some sort of a reveal in it though, or maybe a video just before the publication revealing some new characters. Could be an August Direct even, if it fits before Coro Coro comes out.

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
I do think we'll get some sort of a reveal in it though, or maybe a video just before the publication revealing some new characters. Could be an August Direct even, if it fits before Coro Coro comes out.
When Coro-Coro shows news on Pokémon games, it always happen before the actual video reveal. Mega-Metagross for example was shown last week, but the video-reveal was shown yesterday.

And I'm worried because they said they'll be showing the full Smash Bros 3DS roster and Stages. I hope some characters are not accesible until the Wii U version comes out though, so they can be revealed at a later date.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, will the community finally accept that Impa is very likely to become playable?
If the trophy theory is true then yeah, with the revelation of clones she could easily be a Sheik clone, though I doubt she'll be as much a clone as Lucina appears to be. Definitely more likely than Ghirahim at least.

Last edited:

KurowaSan

Smash Rookie
Corocoro will probably show only the initial roster, not including unlockables. I had the booklet they released prior to Brawl and the pages were made of detachable cards for each character, which had the names of all special attacks.

If I remember correctly, only some attacks were revealed, nothing much. It was a cool booklet anyway.
By the time it released, I believe we got some news too. The dojo revealed Olimar in between the Corocoro that said the next one would have the booklet and the one with the booklet, I think.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice

1.) I believe 2! One could be tied into the bi-monthly Nintendo Direct for August and a New Fighter Intro Video straight from the website.
2.) Still believe in Shulk, a Rhythm Heaven rep, a DK rep (Dixie or K.Rool, can be both due to Robin-Lucina reveal) and Ridley, so 4 or 5.
3.) No. At least 2 or 3 hidden probably.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Considering that Lucina looks to be at least a semi clone of Marth, Lucas being a semi clone of Ness shouldn't be the reason he doesn't return for Smash 4.

However, other reasons such as still being a Japanese only character could still potentially mean him being cut.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
1. Two trailers. One for the August Direct, one for September, to be broadcast in some random day before the release of the game at Japan.

2. Four. I am only confident about Ridley and Shulk, with maybe Dark Pit (a "clone" like Lucina) and the retro character (assuming Little Mac isn't considered a retro character by Sakuya)

3. All of them.

Niala

Smash Ace
So uhh........yeah, Corocoro has revealed they will be revealing all characters and stages in the next issue next month: http://corocoro.tv/next/

http://i.imgur.com/nfFBmjD.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855418

For those that do not know who they are, they usually leak Pokemon news.
Points at this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/next...potentially-reveal-all-the-characters.361223/

The translation is apparently quite vague about whether it's all characters or all known characters. They also did this in the past, implying they had more information than they do to market sales.

On a side note @ Shorts Shorts I like you. :chuckle:

ohh fun I wanna play

1. One-Three, with two being most likely.
2. Two. Simply preparing myself for disappointment if that does happen. I only really have confidence in seldom few characters, and don't expect many of them to actually appear together.
3. I can see it being all of them. There might be extras kept secret, but I'm not sure how that will work...

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You wanna know something? I'm now certainly riding on the inclusion of K. Rool, Impa, Shulk, Krystal and Ridley. Those are the five that I believe will be revealed or just left secret.

I only distrust the Chorus Men because of the outdated leak and the 3DS's limitations. The Chorus Men were probably an idea Sakurai wanted to try out, but realized he was unable to do it. This is why I think that the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run were nods to the franchise since they couldn't get the rep they deserved, (should they ony wanted to have used the Chorus Men.)

Also, @ Diddy Kong Diddy Kong , consider me a part of the Impa support line. I think her chances are great and she is being pushed in the Zelda franchise just like how Rosalina is being pushed in the Mario franchise.

Shulk has always had great chances and I personally think he's a shoe-in.

Ridley is tricky, but I believe that Sakurai's teasing of him was all meant for hype. Idk, could be wrong.

K. Rool and Shulk seem to be in the same boat for me, although I think K. Rool would be in on Sheer popularity.

Krystal is a long explanation that I don't feel like typing. Just let me dream.

RE2PECT.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Corocoro won't show every character. Maybe the starting roster. That's an awful way to reveal them.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The way I see it, we'll get a minimum of 53 characters, though I think 54-55 is more likely. We have a minimum of 4 more newcomers, RH rep, Shulk, Mewtwo, and Ridley. I'd say it is more likely than not we'll get a 5th newcomer as we'll, likely K Rool, a retro, or Bandanna Dee. Also, I believe squirtle and ivysaur are the only cuts. If they have time for Lucina, they had time for wolf and Lucas.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm of the opinion Sal's source wasn't making as much of a prediction as assuming what we all thought about Shulk being revealed Monday. That retweet from the Xenoblade writer really messed with everyone (though he could really just be a fan, or a troll).

Still going to roll with 2: Shulk and Chorus Men. I think any newcomers left could be hidden, thus not having a video.

Right now I'm going with 4.

Shulk and Chorus Men I still believe will happen. After today's PoTD, I'm convinced Dark Pit is going to be his own character. And I believe there will be one newcomer that hasn't been leaked not derived from an existing character. My heart wants that to be Waddle Dee.

I can see 4 if some veterans are thrown in alongside the newcomer videos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom