• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
doomguy for smash

technically on snes and n64!(DOOM64) :D

sakurai doesnt like guns but this is nothing bad liek foxs blaster

neutral b = chaingun
side b = rockets
up b = bfg(jumps with it?)
down b= plasmagun
final smash = beserk pack?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Why is nobody talking about how stunning the Good Captain looks???

Look at all dis MAN!

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I honestly think you guys are crazy! I thought it was pretty clear that Lucina is her own character. I don't think a question mark and a contrasting color is enough to discredit that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's great but not better than LORD Ghirahim :drflip:
No, he is. I don't see Ghirahim with two of his own games, showing up in multiple Zelda games, or having a Balloon Fighter remake. So superior. It hurts.

I honestly think you guys are crazy! I thought it was pretty clear that Lucina is her own character. I don't think a question mark and a contrasting color is enough to discredit that.
The question mark seemed like it was in reference to her (someone who randomly jumps on the scene) being playable instead of Chrom. Now that I think about it... Sakurai did push the "NOT CHROM" thing REALLY hard in the video.. maybe he did notice Gameatsu

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I share the Trophy Quiz idea as well. But, I also think we're getting two trailers, one for August, and one for September. I think the Skyward Sword trailer will be August, and show off Ganondorf and Impa/Ghirahim (please, Impa) (sorry Groose). Then, right before the game, Ridley smashes into the fray. Just my ideals, lol, but I can see it. Lord knows Sakurai wouldn't let predictions come true, though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Why is nobody talking about how stunning the Good Captain looks???

Look at all dis MAN!
I hate the Cap. But I admit that he looks fantastic in this installment. I'm actually looking forward to playing as him in this game!
Someone should totally make a Super Saiyan Falcon with this picture. It would please Miiverse.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All right, that was interesting. First off, this doesn't kill Gemayel any more than Pokemon from x & y, or animal crossing boy.
In fact, I had considered Robin to be within the realm of possibility even with Gematsu. My theory is as follows:
sakurai planned Chrom early on, thinking him the obvious choice. but decided to change to Robin later on for uniqueness. lLucina is a last minute addition.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you play as Marth with the correct customized special move options in a battle and win, Lucina will awaken and challenge you.

Last edited:

sbdipp

Smash Rookie
In one of Captain Falcon's pictures there's an arwing behind him on the fire emblem stage......

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
All right, that was interesting. First off, this doesn't kill Gemayel any more than Pokemon from x & y, or animal crossing boy.
In fact, I had considered Robin to be within the realm of possibility even with Gematsu. My theory is as follows:
sakurai planned Chrom early on, thinking him the obvious choice. but decided to change to Robin later on for uniqueness. lLucina is a last minute addition.
Every single thing you said, I agree.
Lucina is probably an afterthought since there is more time. And since we are getting clones, we are probably looking at a roster in the mid 50's including variations and clones.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just going to plagiarize myself for a minute:

"Again, I'm just going to throw this out there: Diddy and Dixie Kong were supposed to be a tag team in Brawl. Ultimately Dixie was dropped, and we got Diddy. It's possible the same thing happened with Chrom and Robin, and Sakurai decided to focus exclusively on Robin and keep Chrom relegated to a Final Smash. We really have no idea. I'm just throwing a theory out there. Perhaps Sakurai caught wind of how many people were not looking forward to Chrom. Or maybe he couldn't come up with a way to make him distinct enough to not be a retread of the other lords. (Though that doesn't explain Lucina, then.)"

Last edited:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Someone suggested a villain trailer before the game is out. It's not a far-fetched idea, especially since Bowser is the only villain in the game right now.

That could include Ridley, King K. Rool, and Ghirahim.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
cause the whole point is to bring chars in right? why blow $$ on amiibo you gotta carry around if its not a new character not in the main game?

amiibo is kinda dumb anyway tho lol. nfc bandwagon
... Then how do you explain all the amiibos for the main cast of SSB4? It's not to bring in new characters, it's to bring in characters to act as auto pilot?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Male to Female Ratio:

Male:

:4bowser::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4pit::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi:

Female:

:4lucina::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4zelda::4zss:

Both?:

:4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::4mii::4pikachu::4wiifit::4robinm::4robinf::4villager:

I Dunno:

:4marth:

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
And I'm back and DID SAL JUST GET DECONFIRMED? I...wow. I know I kept saying it could be a lucky guess and I'm 50/50 and all, but I'm still generally suprised that this is how it went.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Taking in account every possible female:

Peach
Rosalina
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Sheik
Palutena
Lucina
Robin
Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager

That's already more than double from Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom