• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ghirahim appears in Hyrule Warriors, so he does appear more than once (also just asking... what's the Ballon Fighter remake? O.o )
It's called Tingle's Balloon fighter. Its him replacing Balloon Fighter. Also Hyrule warriors isn't canon

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Male to Female Ratio:

Male:

:4bowser::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4pit::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi:

Female:

:4lucina::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4zelda::4zss:

Both?:

:4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::4mii::4pikachu::4wiifit::4robinm::4robinf:

I Dunno:

:4marth:
You're missing Villager in boths, also why add both Robin's faces when in the end is the same character (just different skins) also... i would put Pit with Marth :troll:

lol yoshi male he lays eggs
Yep, Yoshi is male and lay eggs and is dating Birdo (a transexual) :drifloon:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I also forgot to put Pikachu in the Male section since it is the Male Pikachu.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
It's called Tingle's Balloon fighter. Its him replacing Balloon Fighter. Also Hyrule warriors isn't canon
Oh i though you were talking about Vaati in a Ballon Fighter game, also... Tingle was already shown as a AT so you could say that he's already deconfirmed, so there's no point on talking about him

I also forgot to put Pikachu in the Male section since it is the Male Pikachu.
and Jigglypuff? if that's the Purin of the TV series, then Purin is male

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What a U-turn from what we had in the 35 man roster. I would count Wii Fit Trainer and Fem!Robin as bonafied female characters. I recall a time when there was a debate about Sheik's sex. A lot of people said it was a male or ambiguous at best. At least that's the notion the manga gave.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh i though you were talking about Vaati in a Ballon Fighter game, also... Tingle was already shown as a AT so you could say that he's already deconfirmed, so there's no point on talking about him
I'll talk about what I want

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
just gonna realtalk a bit that tactician dude's model needs some work. don't even look like he's reading that book lol like his eyes are lookin under

Jackson

Smash Lord
This may sound weird... but do you think Sakurai actually changed his mind on whether to add Chrom or not? Obviously, his model was already done if it's in a final smash. Maybe Chrom was supposed to be in at first but after seeing how much the community expected it he changed to Lucina and/or Robin. Am I crazy? I know this is probably off, but it almost feels believable to me.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This may sound weird... but do you think Sakurai actually changed his mind on whether to add Chrom or not? Obviously, his model was already done if it's in a final smash. Maybe Chrom was supposed to be in at first but after seeing how much the community expected it he changed to Lucina and/or Robin. Am I crazy? I know this is probably off, but it almost feels believable to me.
Sakurai said it himself that he decided the roster from the beginning.

Also, I found this:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
and Jigglypuff? if that's the Purin of the TV series, then Purin is male
No, that's not what he meant.
In-game, Pikachu have gender differences. A female Pikachu has a little notch in its tail. The Pikachu in Smash does not have that, so it's a male. (Thinking about it, female Pikachu should be one of Pikachu's alts.)

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
To add? No, not at all, or at least not because "The community expected it"
It's possible, actually very possible, that Chrom was originally planned when the leaker who contacted Sal got his information, but it would have likely changed very early into development, this definitely wasn't a switcheroo at the last second, in that way.

What MAY have been a switch is the trailers, though there's no way to tell. The trailer felt like it was almost taunting the Gematsu leak, and the end seemed a little more tacked on compared to some other ends, so I could see this potentially being the case, especially with the Shulk hint from Monosoft.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
To add? No, not at all, or at least not because "The community expected it"
It's possible, actually very possible, that Chrom was originally planned when the leaker who contacted Sal got his information, but it would have likely changed very early into development, this definitely wasn't a switcheroo at the last second, in that way.

What MAY have been a switch is the trailers, though there's no way to tell. The trailer felt like it was almost taunting the Gematsu leak, and the end seemed a little more tacked on compared to some other ends, so I could see this potentially being the case, especially with the Shulk hint from Monosoft.
That end section with Chrom may have been tacked on, but Sakurai may have done that just to clarify what Chroms status is to avoid confusion. Also, PS, alt costume for Robin seemed good to throw in there as well.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What's with the Monolith retweet? Do they always do this with announcements preceding big events?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
This is my new roster prediction. Let me explain a few things.

1) The inclusion of Shulk and Marshall. Shulk already has a great following and a huge chance of being in the game, Gematsu or not. Marshall, though Gematsu should've gotten rid of him, there's still the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, indicating the series has some kind of representation. Marshall, now that Chorus Men are out of the picture, would be perfect to represent the franchise
2) The missing Zelda and Metroid characters. Yes, the trophy quiz contenders. I do not believe Ridley has a large possibility this time around, but the symbol is there just in case. I'd much prefer to see one of the Prime hunters, such as Sylux, appear instead. The Zelda character I pray is not Ghirahim. I hate Skyward Sword. I could see Impa appearing, and that would be cool.
3) Yes, I have included King K. Rool. Unlike Ridley, Rool has nothing against him. Nothing about stage bosses, no shadows, no hinting making everyone go nuts, he just has a chance. And I would like to see him.

35 veterans, 18 newcomers. 53 total characters.
Shazam.

Attachments

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

1) The inclusion of Shulk and Marshall. Shulk already has a great following and a huge chance of being in the game, Gematsu or not. Marshall, though Gematsu should've gotten rid of him, there's still the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, indicating the series has some kind of representation. Marshall, now that Chorus Men are out of the picture, would be perfect to represent the franchise
2) The missing Zelda and Metroid characters. Yes, the trophy quiz contenders. I do not believe Ridley has a large possibility this time around, but the symbol is there just in case. I'd much prefer to see one of the Prime hunters, such as Sylux, appear instead. The Zelda character I pray is not Ghirahim. I hate Skyward Sword. I could see Impa appearing, and that would be cool.
3) Yes, I have included King K. Rool. Unlike Ridley, Rool has nothing against him. Nothing about stage bosses, no shadows, no hinting making everyone go nuts, he just has a chance. And I would like to see him.

Shazam.
No Bandana Dee. No Johns. 0/0

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
It is certainly odd. They basically confirmed Mr. Game and Watch in Pacman's trailer yet didn't say anything else about him after.
I'm starting to assume they were planning a game and watch reveal but changed their mind due to release date approaching so quickly? Maybe mr Game & watch is the new mewtwo?

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
No Bandana Dee. No Johns. 0/0
I don't think Bandana Dee will be in the game (nor i care) but i have to say that he got almost the same chance as Palutena at the beggining cause they removed the Waddle Dee from King Dedede's B ->, but... that was shot down when the waddle dee appeared once again in Smash Run... so lets wait and see what happens (I know he's not a random Waddle Dee and actually appears in a couple of Kirby games as an important character)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Speaking of Bandanna Dee, I'm surprised he hasn't been disconfirmed yet. I wonder whether or not he will be playable or not. Hey, it's possible!
Go over to the Bandana Dee support thread and you'll see a huge list of reasons and evidence for his inclusion.

I don't think Bandana Dee will be in the game (nor i care) but i have to say that he got almost the same chance as Palutena at the beggining cause they removed the Waddle Dee from King Dedede's B ->, but... that was shot down when the waddle dee appeared once again in Smash Run... so lets wait and see what happens (I know he's not a random Waddle Dee and actually appears in a couple of Kirby games as an important character)
I guess ROB wasn't in SSBB since you fought other ROBs in the story mode.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Thought I'd bring this up as we're discussing this in the Leaks thread.

Foul mouth is the only leak not deconfirmed after today. I think it deserves major points for that.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Thought I'd bring this up as we're discussing this in the Leaks thread.

Foul mouth is the only leak not deconfirmed after today. I think it deserves major points for that.
What the heck is foul mouth?

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903

Shazam.
Shulk I agree is probably getting in the game, would also help get people used to Xenoblade from the same standpoint as was done with Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus in the past. Though I'm happy someone brought up the trophy quiz cause that has more weight to it than previously thought, I feel that if its a Zelda newcomer its probably going to be Ganon, just straight Ganon with his trident from Link to the Past; plus it wouldn't feel like you are completely axing Ganondorf; plus this game is already lacking in villains, so if there is a Zelda newcomer its most certainly a villain, especially with already 4 reps and all of them are heroes. Though for Metroid I have to disagree, and I know there is a lot against the inclusion of Ridley as playable, but you don't tease a character that much without a payoff so I think that Ridley will be revealed at some point before Japan's release of the 3DS version.

And yes please for King K Rool, I want to see him running around Blunderbuss and all just ransacking everybody, that would be glorious.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Why does your signature have Bandana Dee named as Waddle Dee (it can be confusing if you have in mind that the Waddle Dees are already in the game)
He was named that in KRtDL, but got renamed in Triple Deluxe to Bandana Dee.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
By the way I LOVE that the leak isn't 100%. I'm still hoping for mewtwo, king boo and birdo. (Of course jigglypuff).

But now I'm wondering how many new characters are left, since Sakurai did say we were nearing the end of the video list. I've got all this new hope but now I know there won't be many more! Bittersweet.

Also I'm needing a mewtwo/jigglypuff reveal-video soooooon!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
A leak that says that Chorus Kids, Shulk, Isaac, Dixie, and Ridley will be in the game and that there will be at least 50 characters in it. He didn't say anything about Chrom though.
Didn't say Dixie. That was just our assumption based on how the roster would look.

What makes it different is the context of it and how the dude acts.

Here's the link (ignore the comments mostly as impersonaters tried to be him)

http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/251826060

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No leak will ever be as good as the CSS leak that had everyone fooled until that guy found out about the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom