• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
To everyone who was looking forward to a character, but you let people use an outdated and incomplete leak to take away any hope you had of seeing your character, a certain someone has a message for you:

If there is any character you wanted, as long as they haven't been confirmed in the game already, you still have hope.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
It disappoints me seeing Wolf in all of these rosters. I wish they'd get rid of him and replace him with Krystal.

D

Deleted member

First, can you prove Marth still has this stance in Smash 4, and second, why not just wait until we see more from each of them before making this premature declaration? What could it hurt?
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

I'm now contemplating account suicide.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
My new take:

I agree except with a few points.

1) I'd rather have a new Kirby character than new Zelda character
2) Cut Lucas, give Ness his move set via customization
3) No Ridley or Mewtwo, Ridley's a stage boss and 5 Pokemon is enough for now.
4) No Krystal, keep Wolf.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It disappoints me seeing Wolf in all of these rosters. I wish they'd get rid of him and replace him with Krystal.
Why would he get cut? Wolf is a villain, and an important member to the StarFox series unlike Krystal, who just suddenly appeared and haven't been as popular as she was before. If we do end up getting 4 reps for SF with Krystal joining the trio, that's fine. I just really don't see the point of having a vet being cut for someone else when the vet has their movesets somewhat unique

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
This is subject to change, this is not final:
Is this a prediction roster or a "want" roster?
  • I'd replace Dr. Mario with Paper Mario.
  • Kid Icarus receiving that many characters is ludicrous, well to me at least.
  • I think we're done with 3rd Party characters so I find Layton very unlikely.
  • I'm not too fond of cutting Wolf.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh, I just took a quick nap and overslept from the reveal.... D:

Oh Robin and Lucina is confirmed, and Lucina is apparently a semi-clone/clone of Marth? Yay now finally people can whine about someone else instead of only Toon Link!
Eh sorry.

Anyway, congrats to the supporters though. :)

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

This roster's layout is based 100% on the one from the E3 demo. It is rather big, but I now think that the roster will be filled with a few more clones.
This, except no Ridley, no Lucas, no Mewtwo, and no Snake. Snake probably won't come back, Ridley is a stage boss, give Ness Lucas' move set via customization (maybe even alternates like Marth/Lucina), and we have enough Pokemon

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
I agree except with a few points.

1) I'd rather have a new Kirby character than new Zelda character
2) Cut Lucas, give Ness his move set via customization
3) No Ridley or Mewtwo, Ridley's a stage boss and 5 Pokemon is enough for now.
4) No Krystal, keep Wolf.
The reason why I say Ridley and a new Zelda character is because of this:

Plus, in the Direct, Sakurai was teasing Ridley without ever showing him. He only showed just his shadow.

D

Deleted member

"N3ON disagreed with me so I destroyed my account". :laugh:

Good luck with that.
More like
"N3ON gave poor logic that made me question whether I want to live on this planet anymore."

I mean really, "can you prove he still has this stance" is actually being used as a legitimate arguing point?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just thought of a cool idea for a reveal trailer, Shulk vs Takamaru. It would be a battle of old vs new in more ways than one.
Xeno would explode.

Dark Pit confuses me. If he is also a clone, why not place him on the site as a newcomer.
Because he's probably not a clone. My guess is stage hazard. Or he could even be incorporated into a moveset like Chrom, though I doubt that.

I mean really, "can you prove he still has this stance" is actually being used as a legitimate arguing point?
Yeah. You're claiming the have the same one in the same game. Prove it.

And even if they did, that doesn't necessarily reflect a complete congruence in the entirety of their movesets.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Double Post Warning Received
Ewww.

Unique star fox villain with big fanbase OR Largely unwanted starfox ally with a hatebase

Yeah, I think I know who I want
I prefer the females. :p

I agree with this sentiment. It really annoyed me when they did not replace Marth with Lucina. What was Sakurai thinking?!
It would be different if Wolf wasn't a clone. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I just want to throw a couple of things when I first saw the trailer:
  • As soon as I saw Chrom laying on the floor, I thought he was going to stand back up and say, "I won't fail!" like in the game with a confirmation.
  • I didn't think Lucina would be confirmed or playable, I thought she'd just be part of the trailer.
  • I don't even like Captain Falcon, but gosh he was so bad*** in this video.
Man, I loved this trailer. I got my most wanted Fire Emblem characters and a female Robin! I hope the other colors have different hair styles and colors.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
The reason why I say Ridley and a new Zelda character is because of this:

Plus, in the Direct, Sakurai was teasing Ridley without ever showing him. He only showed just his shadow.
Wasn't the music that played during the Tiki trophy quiz Robin's theme, and the music during the King Kihunter quiz Ridley's theme? I haven't really played Fire Emblem, nor would I recognize the music from any of the other games. Can anyone confirm? If that's the case, I'd love to know what music was playing during the Fi quiz.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
This is subject to change, this is not final:
Doc and Dark Pit would most likely end up being alt colors/attires

Layton, Hades, and Sable would most likely be AT/trophies so I don't see them happening either

I would've replaced them with K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Mach Rider, and Lip

Other than that, one of your better rosters, with a few mixed choices

I prefer the females. :p

It would be different if Wolf wasn't a clone. Lol.
Wolf. Is. Not. A. Clone!

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Excuse Me, but I'd appreciate if you didn't go spouting this like it's a fully confirmed fact.
You know, it kinda is. He's gonna be stage boss.

"but sakurai only showed a shadow"

That doesn't mean anything. What, is it gonna be Kraid? It's Ridley. He's a stage boss. At this point, it's very unlikely he'll be playable. Maybe next time, but not this time.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
You know, it kinda is. He's gonna be stage boss.

"but sakurai only showed a shadow"

That doesn't mean anything.
You're right.

It doesn't mean anything.
Anything.

But I'm not getting deeper into this.
So

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love how people are constantly arguing about there being a new character that is a clone when there's a completely unique character from the same series right next to her.
If you want, think of Lucina as a bonus character.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. You're claiming the have the same one in the same game. Prove it.

(Ignore caption; only workable gif I could find of Godzilla making the "Yeah, what?" gesture)
And even if they did, that doesn't necessarily reflect a complete congruence in the entirety of their movesets.
No, but it shows that Lucina copypastas most of Marth's animations. Of positions she's shown in footage and in pictures, there's only one actual instance where there's a difference between the two; a taunt.

Explain that. Ball's in your court now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Doc and Dark Pit would most likely end up being alt colors/attires

Layton, Hades, and Sable would most likely be AT/trophies so I don't see them happening either

I would've replaced them with K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Mach Rider, and Lip

Other than that, one of your better rosters, with a few mixed choices

Wolf. Is. Not. A. Clone!
Honestly; after Lucina's reveal, I am certain that Dark Pit is more ideal than Hades or Medusa... which is unfortunate. In fact, he is one of the more likely candidates from my perspective. As a last minute clone, we cannot just expect one last minute addition... and he was in Palutena's trailer. :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
So.... I guess Robin being playable was hinted at all the way back at E3, what with Arena Fenox's theme more or less being Robin's themesong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom