• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesandman

Smash Cadet
Just wait a bit until the games come out, I betcha someone is gonna find a way to mod in Dillion & other characters that people want in but didn't make it
I hope that happens. This is one of the only characters I stood by because i liked him. Not like mewtwo or ridley who are bandawagon characters. Dillon might have been a clone but I honestly wouldnt have cared.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I feel a lot more irritated by this announcement then other people out there.

This is like the 4th character I wanted that was shot down.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dillon's model looks good.

My prediction roster cannot be saved at this point. It is a mess.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In regards to Dillon, I always thought he'd get passed over as a character, so I'm kind of surprised to see him in the game at all. He looks great, though, and if his line of games continue, he could be ideal for a Smash 5 character.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In regards to Dillon, I always thought he'd get passed over as a character, so I'm kind of surprised to see him in the game at all. He looks great, though, and if his line of games continue, he could be ideal for a Smash 5 character.
He looks really good... like, better than Yoshi good. :p

It actually raises the question: Was he planned, but cut in favor of another newcomer?

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how much "he should get the Little Mac treatment in Smash 5" talk there is around these parts. Like yeah, maybe, but that's about 6-9 years from now.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Except this guy since he's still in limbo as we speak. The only real clue of his deconfirmation would be a trophy (which I've doubt we'll see until later). Ignore the one on the right since she's not a legit Nintendo character. :troll:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's amazing how much "he should get the Little Mac treatment in Smash 5" talk there is around these parts. Like yeah, maybe, but that's about 6-9 years from now.
People can speculate. It's a part of human nature.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, I guess we now know that the e-shop can be taken into account for this game. And that there are still more Assist Trophies left unseen.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, what are the chances for more eShop representation (Pushmo, HarmoKnight, something else)? I doubt a playable character would emerge from them but maybe another AT?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So, what are the chances for more eShop representation (Pushmo, HarmoKnight, something else)? I doubt a playable character would emerge from them but maybe another AT?
Pushmo Park should be a stage, but that's about it.
Maybe Harmoknight as an AT.

I wonder who will be the next character to be disconfirmed.
Chibi Robo, my personal bet. Then again, it can be anyone.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Dillon was the best bet for an eShop character, Mallo and Tempo aren't long-lasting enough. Good to see him, though.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm happy about this.

Dillon being playable would've been cool, but I thought he was more likely to be an AT, so I wasn't expecting him, although I kinda wanted him. But it's better than nothing. And his trophy was even shown in the update as well.

Glad that Sakurai noticed him and his game.

-----

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dillon was the best bet for an eShop character, Mallo and Tempo aren't long-lasting enough. Good to see him, though.
Hopefully someone takes advantage of the awesome HD Dillon and make a RW for Wii U.

Hey, I'd buy it!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As much as I wasn't really a Dillon supporter, I gotta be sympathetic to fans who wanted him playable. Maybe next time he'll be in.
This,
I have no interest in Dillon or his game. That said, I do know he had a decent amount of support and was considered a good contender for a newcomer that's fairly new. I'll say that he looks better than most of the cast which is. . . odd. Sorry to the Dillon fans, but at least he's an assist trophy.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's okay. *Maybe* he'll get a stage... At least music? Come on his music is good. :(

...At LEAST he looks good and we still have his games to play.

lol'd at your location
I'd love a medley of the battle and over world themes.

Plus, he's a gun-building-monster-grinding-dynamite-throwing-baddonkey-armadillo for Pete's Sake! While I'm a bit upset that he's not playable, I can understand why he's an AT.

@Your LOL, It's actually very comfortable in here. I imagine a Pokeball is much similar to my current location.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'd love a medley of the battle and over world themes.

Plus, he's a gun-building-monster-grinding-dynamite-throwing-baddonkey-armadillo for Pete's Sake! While I'm a bit upset that he's not playable, I can understand why he's an AT.

@Your LOL, It's actually very comfortable in here. I imagine a Pokeball is much similar to my current location.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hvretdts As long as that medley started with this. It could be done amazing if done right.

I can understand too. The problem with adding in new franchises is you don't know if they'll be long term.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hvretdts As long as that medley started with this. It could be done amazing if done right.

I can understand too. The problem with adding in new franchises is you don't know if they'll be long term.
I deeply hope that Nintendo keeps D'SRW around, they need a good Tower Defense franchise. While it has it's rough spots (Wonky Camera, hidden strategy, the latter being good for more attentive gamers like me.), It's not rougher that OoT. I think if a good dev. gets a hold of it (Retro studios maybe?) we'd get a GREAT game.

Dillon for Smash 5. :)

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
actually I use to disagree on pac-man but after seeing some gameplay footage of Pac man Wii U game , I can see him being having a unique moveset and playable as a character.

Those red and blue shoes/gloves...........lol :p

Dillon wasn't really on my support list, though my bingo board did get a smack down because of this.
I feel like u might win a prize with your bingo board, 6 char in a row horizontally. (bottom one) lol

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
actually I use to disagree on pac-man but after seeing some gameplay footage of Pac man Wii U game , I can see him being having a unique moveset and playable as a character.

Those red and blue shoes/gloves...........lol :p
Whoa, is that a power-up?! This is news to me and I support Pac-Man to an extent! :crazy:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
He looks really good... like, better than Yoshi good. :p

It actually raises the question: Was he planned, but cut in favor of another newcomer?
it could mean that he has looked into fans demand way back in brawl, that really explains (i think) why he added megaman/Little mac in this installment.

Increasing the chances of Mewtwo coming back.....no? lol

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

This was my most wanted Nintendo character, next to Layton being my most wanted 3rd Party.
I'm pretty disappointed, sure. But this is way better than just an acknowledgement on the archive or a sticker.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry Dillon supporters, he'd have been an alright character, albeit because he's a badarse cowboy armadillo with tower defense playstyle potential, not because "he reps the eShop" or he's a "new series rep" or anything stupid like that. Although I prefer the Sonic series, namely for its music, I think I'd have preferred Dillon as a playable character. At least he's got a new model here.

He in as an Assist Trophy. Cry more. *hair flip* *Tumblr GIF*

Dillon's reveal reminds me...I hope that the non-playable characters get new renders for this game. So far, we've only seen renders for playable characters, since they're the only ones getting their own pages on the website, but hopefully the others get theirs released to the press later on as well.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This was my most wanted Nintendo character, next to Layton being my most wanted 3rd Party.
I'm pretty disappointed, sure. But this is way better than just an acknowledgement on the archive or a sticker.
Layton's your most wanted 3rd party? That's Great, me too!

Also, it appears we are twins. However, If it's fine with you, I'll let my lightning-bolt bandana tail define us.

Sorry Dillon supporters, he'd have been an alright character, albeit because he's a badarse cowboy armadillo with tower defense playstyle potential, not because "he reps the eShop" or he's a "new series rep" or anything stupid like that. Although I prefer the Sonic series, namely for its music, I think I'd have preferred Dillon as a playable character. At least he's got a new model here.

He in as an Assist Trophy. Cry more. *hair flip* *Tumblr GIF*

Dillon's reveal reminds me...I hope that the non-playable characters get new renders for this game. So far, we've only seen renders for playable characters, since they're the only ones getting their own pages on the website, but hopefully the others get theirs released to the press later on as well.
As long as it's as gorgeous as in-game, I'm game.

Also, saw your Interview in the WiR. I was laughing at your "Athletic Nerd", because I've had people describe me the same way. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZZ1AZJyp8c

I can already see his possible A/B moves.

But then again.....Sakurai did mention there will be no transformation characters. Unless those transformations aren't treated as transformations.
Wow, he has more potential then I thought. Not saying Pac-Man didn't have any. I didn't play too many Pac-Man games after World 2, I loved that game.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Dillon..why? :c This is the first deconfirmation that hurts me. He would've been so cool. That model looks great though. It makes me want him even more now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dillon..why? :c This is the first deconfirmation that hurts me. He would've been so cool. That model looks great though. It makes me want him even more now.
"Such is Life"

It killed me when Skull Kid was revealed for an AT, but hey hey, at least he's in the game!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I deeply hope that Nintendo keeps D'SRW around, they need a good Tower Defense franchise. While it has it's rough spots (Wonky Camera, hidden strategy, the latter being good for more attentive gamers like me.), It's not rougher that OoT. I think if a good dev. gets a hold of it (Retro studios maybe?) we'd get a GREAT game.

Dillon for Smash 5. :)
Dillon game for console with multiplayer plz

edit: Just imagine playing as Russ at least... Dillon has some great Assist choices for if he's in Smash 5.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Welp.
Dillon deconfirmed.
I actually didn't think he would be in but now he is an AT. Wow.
I see Sakurai that sees potential in that guy. I'm wondering if he was planned at one point. His model is looking too good.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dillon game for console with multiplayer plz

edit: Just imagine playing as Russ at least... Dillon has some great Assist choices for if he's in Smash 5.
Before that, we need a clock. :p

Back on topic: Tempo's chances are practically dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom