• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mods won't create it. :p
So.. how about we create a Smash leaks social group in this website?
Im.not gonna lie i really miss the leaks thread it was so hilarious, fun, stupid, sexy, stupid, fun, dumb and lastly really stupid and fun.

But it did get abit too much just before it got locked (DuRrrR!!) people losing their minds etc

Seems like most people are happy with the sal leak but people still tryna de bunk it?

LmAo.......

I really hope it returns...i miss it dearly...it was actually part of my daily routine after workout i get home have something to eat then

''See whats poppiing in Da RuMorZ Fread!''

Ahhh so much more entertaining than anything else tbh thats why everyone went there....entertainment.

Always had 15 users and like lol 30+ caged animal guests foaming from there mouths shouting pleasee givE MeH Da Shadow En KrYstAlz!
(Hello 7 Guests!)

I hope it returns after E3
or maybe....it wont have to?

Mwuhahaha (-_-)
no but...serious...ly....

Now everything is Dry...RealTalk
dry like broken Weetabix in a bowl with no milk...

stu2499.jpg

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Answered one and two above. Based on my understanding of Lucina, she'd swap with Chrom every other attack as opposed to just tagging along, a new mechanic, although yes, forgot that three exists. I'm not complaining about characters who use props whatsoever, just the particular ones who use nothing but swung props as attacks (a better fist comparison would be if we were now going to get another exclusive fistfighter Urban Fighter in addition to Falcon and Little Mac). I recognize that playstyle differences can exist, but the differences I'm expecting are "The Mii can use sports equipment! There's a ball...and another ball...and a swung bat...and a swung golf club...and a swung racket...my, he's so versatile and funny!" Maybe, if we're lucky, there'll be a single unique move or two, but any character can be given those with enough effort.
I suppose this is a case where people are too restraint and don't provide details on a playstyle. I mean solely mentioning the stuff from Wii Sports isn't exactly something that shows what a Mii can do that is different from Peach's forward smash, with a character like Mii you've got to broaden the mind set. At first I'd think just like you they'd be pretty standard with the props, until Tomodachi Life was demonstrated and gave the image of Miis being incredibly bat**** crazy, then I thought something like that could be utilized to the fullest extent by making the character have a extended moveset (inputs that would allow 12 special moves or 9 smashes instead of the standard 4 or 3 respectively as an example) designed for multiple purposes while having attacks that causes deceptions and fake-outs. The closest comparisons I can make are Peacock from Skullgirls and Faust from Guilty Gear.

I mean it's just a suggestion, but yeah I can clearly see where the direction would go.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii should be able to change their weight with Down B. And move around with a hand cursor and flung with Up B. That is all I know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mii should be able to change their weight with Down B. And move around with a hand cursor and flung with Up B. That is all I know.
Or use a parachute as a recover in a fashion of Peach.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not know why Villager gets a bowling ball if Mii is in the game. Rolling and dropping a bowling ball should be Mii's thing.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I suppose this is a case where people are too restraint and don't provide details on a playstyle. I mean solely mentioning the stuff from Wii Sports isn't exactly something that shows what a Mii can do that is different from Peach's forward smash, with a character like Mii you've got to broaden the mind set. At first I'd think just like you they'd be pretty standard with the props, until Tomodachi Life was demonstrated and gave the image of Miis being incredibly bat**** crazy, then I thought something like that could be utilized to the fullest extent by making the character have a extended moveset (inputs that would allow 12 special moves or 9 smashes instead of the standard 4 or 3 respectively as an example) designed for multiple purposes while having attacks that causes deceptions and fake-outs. The closest comparisons I can make are Peacock from Skullgirls and Faust from Guilty Gear.

I mean it's just a suggestion, but yeah I can clearly see where the direction would go.
That's a cool concept, but I'd still prefer to see it on a character other than the Mii...technically, on a character. Also, deceptions and fake-outs? I don't know what to picture, not having played Guilty Gear or Skullgirls.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
That's a cool concept, but I'd still prefer to see it on a character other than the Mii...technically, on a character. Also, deceptions and fake-outs? I don't know what to picture, not having played Guilty Gear or Skullgirls.
Do you consider Villager or Robin a character? I see where you're coming from, but I've always considered "avatars" as characters.
I do not know why Villager gets a bowling ball if Mii is in the game. Rolling and dropping a bowling ball should be Mii's thing.
Speaking of the bowling ball, I've played Animal Crossing since the release on the Nintendo Gamecube and I don't recall ever seeing a bowling ball. So I find it quite odd that Villager would use an item that isn't even in the game, especially with the other possibilities they could of chosen. Heck, I think it would be funny if he pulled an Ebony Piano out of his pocket and dropped it on someone's head. At least it was in the game!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you consider Villager or Robin a character? I see where you're coming from, but I've always considered "avatars" as characters.
I do. Villager and Robin are singular blank slates into whom the player projects him or herself, not unlike how they do so with generic protagonists like Mario and Link. The Mii, on the other hand, is literally nothing but an embodiment of the player or a famous person or their genitalia (this might not be the case in Tomodachi Land or whatever, I don't know enough to tell, but it is all of the other games they're in).

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Basically Faust and Peacock are characters designed around confusing and eccentric attacks. There's a randomness factor both have, though the main purpose both characters utilize is using varies projectiles and using the confusion of their attacks to their advantage. Both characters are generally defensive, though both can go on the offensive once an opportunity shows up. Though the main difference between Faust vs. Peacock is that Peacock is more projectile based while Faust is more poking based, and Faust has much better anti-air options.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I do. Villager and Robin are singular blank slates into whom the player projects him or herself, not unlike how they do so with generic protagonists like Mario and Link. The Mii, on the other hand, is literally nothing but an embodiment of the player or a famous person or their genitalia (this might not be the case in Tomodachi Land or whatever, I don't know enough to tell, but it is all of the other games they're in).
Er, Robin's really not much of a blank slate. S/He definitely has a distinct personality and history within the game. There's very little room for a player to project themselves into Robin. Aside from a customizable appearance, s/he's much more of a defined character than even Link and Mario, I'd say.

EDIT: Ok, what is it about this post that is getting it so many likes? That's thirteen likes for a correctional statement...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Er, Robin's really not much of a blank slate. S/He definitely has a distinct personality and history within the game. There's very little room for a player to project themselves into Robin. Aside from a customizable appearance, s/he's much more of a defined character than even Link and Mario, I'd say.
This is true, I should have made that distinction between her and Villager. Point being, those two customizable characters have their own backgrounds that stand independently of the player's customization, whereas the Mii does not. You can see this in Smash, in that the Villager is one guy (maybe girl), Robin would be one guy (or girl), but there would never be just a generic Mii put in the game.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So new topic:
Out of the "surviving" Assist Trophies, who do you think will most likely be playable?
My guess goes to Tingle.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So new topic:
Out of the "surviving" Assist Trophies, who do you think will most likely be playable?
My guess goes to Tingle.
My guess would be Isaac. He'd represent a fairly popular series, is pretty popular as a Smash request, and has a lot of potential for a unique move set. I'm not sure if he's necessarily likely, but I'd say he's more likely than any other surviving Assist Trophy (the fact that he doesn't have a giant group of people who hate him helps too).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This is true, I should have made that distinction between her and Villager. Point being, those two customizable characters have their own backgrounds that stand independently of the player's customization, whereas the Mii does not. You can see this in Smash, in that the Villager is one guy (maybe girl), Robin would be one guy (or girl), but there would never be just a generic Mii put in the game.
Which is why I can appreciate Tomodachi Life, since it feels like the first game where they're trying to give the Mii an actually background, with characteristics and motivations and what not.

Though obviously much more crack, due to the game being one of the most drug inducing title Nintendo has ever produced.

riku2bendy

Smash Rookie
NNID
riku2bendy
3DS FC
4253-4680-8187
So as many of you may have seen already your 3DS now has a free trial of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Nintendo is pushing this new IP, and makes me think that something from this game will be a new character in Smash. I think that since the game wasn't doing as well as they had hoped, Nintendo pushed it to 3DS owners so that they could keep whichever character in since they were probably already done programming it.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So as many of you may have seen already your 3DS now has a free trial of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Nintendo is pushing this new IP, and makes me think that something from this game will be a new character in Smash. I think that since the game wasn't doing as well as they had hoped, Nintendo pushed it to 3DS owners so that they could keep whichever character in since they were probably already done programming it.
I don't know about a character, but possibly a stage or some trophies. I've yet to even play the demo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well Miis are in smash so I don't care why you think they do or do not merit inclusion. They in. Cry harder.

Also, I found this Wii Menu Ambient Remix while browsing SoundCloud. One of you nerds might like it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Tripping is in Brawl. I don't care why you do or do not think it merited inclusion. It in. Stop resisting and take it from Sakurai like you know you want to.

D

Deleted member

So new topic:
My guess goes to Tingle.
It's pretty much either him or Isaac at this point. All other possible contenders that were ATs in Brawl have been disconfirmed.

Tingle is possible because he is the only surviving AT characters that was a starter and could work as playable material. I feel as, after the mass disconfirmation, him surviving it is something noteworthy. It could mean that Sakurai sees him in a different light and may want to "graduate" him up to playable status. That being said, I don't think Zelda is getting a newcomer, but if we got anyone, it'd be him.

Isaac is possible as well. He was very, very heavily requested pre-Brawl; ChronoBound mentioned that he was among the Top 10 most wanted worldwide (in the West, before E3 2006 introduce third-parties and changed everything and in Japan, according to what people who saw Japanese forums told him) during pre-Brawl and that is really something worthwhile to look at considering that it appears as Sakurai is looking at fan support for pre-Brawl characters to add. However, he runs into some big issues; his popularity has fallen from the pre-Brawl days (mostly only requested in the West now) and it's hard to see us getting more than nine new franchise (eight from confirmed/leak new franchise with playable characters and another one being a retro). If there's a 10th new franchise, Isaac has a really good shot, but the thing is, that's not exactly likely to happen.

Most likely, Little Mac will remain as the only AT that makes the move to playable status. Assist Trophies characters suffer from a variety of problems that may cost them a spot and it is for this reason why moving up to playable status will be an uphill battle for any possible contenders left.

D

Deleted member

Watch as Sakurai *laughs* at your Assist -> Playable predictions and makes Shadow a character instead. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would say that Isaac or Tingle are the most likely assists to be promoted, but there are a few major things that prevent their inclusion.

Tingle - Tingle may be relatively popular in Japan, but his hate base is pretty darn huge. I would actually like to see Tingle, but I know a ton of people that wouldn't. Although, he certainly warrants a slot. He's a major Zelda character with potential and his own spin-off series.

Isaac - I've really warmed up to Isaac lately, imagining how he would play. However, instill feel that he missed his chance with Brawl. Golden Sun is old news now; it hasn't had a game in a while and it doesn't even star Isaac anymore. We could get him in a Marth-like situation, but I just don't think Golden Sun will be represented. There are newer Nintendo IPs that I feel will get the spotlight before Golden Sun.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
So new topic:
My guess goes to Tingle.
I think both are about equal, but I know I'd rather see Tingle. I think his North American hatred is heavily overestimated.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been thinking about Shy Guy if he WAS a character (And if you guys don't know how much I love me some Shy-Guy,you cray.), and found a picture that would be closest to what I would expect it to be.

00.jpg

The only thing I would change would be the side B.

1.Yes,the Bullet Bill is an item,but why not use a secondary item for his Neutral B? Like a standard missile.

2.Down B would be used sort-of like a counter,mainly just stopping meteor-smashing downward moves. The reaction : Just like in the M&L games,you bounce high and fall down.

3.Up B is basically your standard controlled-recovery (like gliding from the last game and/or Snake's recovery)

4.The Side B I would suggest is a charged projectile from a slingshot-like item. Inspiration from the Special Move "Shy-Guy Brigade" from Bowser's Inside Stoery

5. This Final Smash gets the Shy-Guy general and other Shy-Guys to form their Toy Tank. The Final Smash acts like a Landmaster,but with no hovering. But it CAN jump. It will fire Bob-ombs (with reduced knockback on foe to avoid cheapshots) at the enemy,in the end,it will collapse with your Shy-Guy toppling out of it.

Feedback? No? okay....

NOTE : I still didn't make this,this was just a thought from a person who has similar visions(and swag :troll:) as me.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't think Tingle is nearly as important as most people think he is, the only games that I can think of where he was somewhat important is Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Tingle is nearly as important as most people think he is, the only games that I can think of where he was somewhat important is Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.
Pretty much after Wind Waker, his roles have been reduced to cameos or being an NPC.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I've been thinking about Shy Guy if he WAS a character (And if you guys don't know how much I love me some Shy-Guy,you cray.), and found a picture that would be closest to what I would expect it to be.

View attachment 13361

The only thing I would change would be the side B.

1.Yes,the Bullet Bill is an item,but why not use a secondary item for his Neutral B? Like a standard missile.

2.Down B would be used sort-of like a counter,mainly just stopping meteor-smashing downward moves. The reaction : Just like in the M&L games,you bounce high and fall down.

3.Up B is basically your standard controlled-recovery (like gliding from the last game and/or Snake's recovery)

4.The Side B I would suggest is a charged projectile from a slingshot-like item. Inspiration from the Special Move "Shy-Guy Brigade" from Bowser's Inside Stoery

5. This Final Smash gets the Shy-Guy general and other Shy-Guys to form their Toy Tank. The Final Smash acts like a Landmaster,but with no hovering. But it CAN jump. It will fire Bob-ombs (with reduced knockback on foe to avoid cheapshots) at the enemy,in the end,it will collapse with your Shy-Guy toppling out of it.

Feedback? No? okay....

NOTE : I still didn't make this,this was just a thought from a person who has similar visions(and swag :troll:) as me.
I'd be down for playable shyguy, but I'm not holding my breath. I like the propeller hat up b.

I've always liked playing as shyguy in Mario tennis, so I'd probably have fun with him in smash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom