• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
:snype:

*whistles innocently*

Smash 4 Starter Roster Roster.png

And there you go. Green = Wii U Starter, Blue = 3DS Starter, Red = Unlockables. Pink = lol.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Selfishly, it is perfect. I easily want Dixie over K. Rool. Heck, I'd personally prefer Lord Fredrik over K. Rool. For the sake of others, I do hope he gets in eventually, but the G+ roster perfectly fits my personal tastes (save for C. Toad, whom I don't expect to be in this game outside of maybe DLC).
While it does not have K Rool, as argued about in this thread for 2 pages, I do not expect him to be playable given current evidence. But I love dixie as well. So I do like that roster.

Captain Toad wpuld be a perfect choice for DLC

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Wario's Woods does have Toad as the main character. Wario is the villain.
Also when I say Toad, I'm referring to what most think of as The Toad, namely the Toad you play as in Mario Kart.
You play Tetris in the game I really don't think that counts as him being playable.
And Still not the same. Captain toad is a full fledged character. Not a generic toad. If he was just the generic toad then it would be called "toads treasure tracker" and we would all know that it's generic toad going on an adventure. But no they say captain toad bc that's who it is the character captain toad

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
:snype:

*whistles innocently*

View attachment 17843

And there you go. Green = Wii U Starter, Blue = 3DS Starter, Red = Unlockables. Pink = lol.
I have to question why you have Krystal listed among the likes of Xerneas and Captain N. I don't think Krystal will actually be playable, but at the very least she's a respectable character choice with good justifications for her inclusion. She shouldn't be put in the same category as those other characters.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Selfishly, it is perfect. I easily want Dixie over K. Rool. Heck, I'd personally prefer Lord Fredrik over K. Rool. For the sake of others, I do hope he gets in eventually, but the G+ roster perfectly fits my personal tastes (save for C. Toad, whom I don't expect to be in this game outside of maybe DLC).
I agree with everything you've said! It would even make my roommate happy which is hard to do

Edit: which I should add he's only happy if he gets Isaac which never appears on rosters anymore

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Wait...people are actually taking the Gematsu Plus leak seriously? :facepalm:
I think it's more of a wishing it was true rather than believing.
Considering it started on gamefaqs I'm pretty sure it's fake but it would make for a good roster so fingers crossed

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So wait, what is this "gematsu plus" leak? I've heard of the gematsu leak (aka sal leak) but can somebody fill me in on this other one?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So wait, what is this "gematsu plus" leak? I've heard of the gematsu leak (aka sal leak) but can somebody fill me in on this other one?
Gematsu leak + Isaac, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo pretty much. Guy said Wario will be announced within 2 weeks.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I have to question why you have Krystal listed among the likes of Xerneas and Captain N. I don't think Krystal will actually be playable, but at the very least she's a respectable character choice with good justifications for her inclusion. She shouldn't be put in the same category as those other characters.
Actually, those are characters I'd want my my dream roster. They also have a lol-chance of happening.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Gematsu leak + Isaac, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo pretty much. Guy said Wario will be announced within 2 weeks.
Oh, I think I actually do recognize it.
But... are people really trusting it because of something that hasn't happened yet, very well might not happen and could be simply a coincidence if it does? Plus, Wario is a very safe character to bet on being revealed soon... As much as I like Ridley and Mewtwo, I'm taking no stock in this at all.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*eyeroll*

If its not directly from Sal, don't give it credit. "Here let me tack on some stuff I know people would like"

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Oh, I think I actually do recognize it.
But... are people really trusting it because of something that hasn't happened yet, very well might not happen and could be simply a coincidence if it does? Plus, Wario is a very safe character to bet on being revealed soon... As much as I like Ridley and Mewtwo, I'm taking no stock in this at all.
Yeah idk. I don't remember exactly what the guy said that made home sound more legitimate than the other gamefaqs leakers.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Does anyone else think that Mario alt is hideous? I'm glad he has one, but I was hoping for something "different" I guess. . . Oh well.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Does anyone else think that Mario alt is hideous? I'm glad he has one, but I was hoping for something "different" I guess. . . Oh well.
It's not really an alt costume, it's just a fancy pallette swap. Alt costumes have model differences, this is just a texture edit, so it doesn't stop him from getting an actual alt costume. Compare it to Little Mac's Wireframe skin which is also just a texture edit, he still got an actual alt costume in the end.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Does anyone else think that this pic makes Dark Pit all the less likely to not be a palette swap? Not like we didn't all think this already, but it does give it some much needed evidence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see how this pic relates to Dark Pit at all. If you mean that the character's outfits are from Mario and Samus's different outfits in their games, and how they are the same character when wearing them, I counter with the Wario palette swap for Mario, which was in the E3 demo.

I get the feeling that everyone knows this "leak" is false, but if Wario is revealed tomorrow, it will be more of an "I want to believe" situation rather than actually believing. If he is revealed tomorrow;

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
REMINDER: Sakurai playing ambiguous means he doesn't address characters by name until he confirms or disconfirms them.

Toon Link was never addressed by name when his pic showed up before his confirmation.

Palutena was never addressed by name (only "Goddess of Light") up until her confirmation.

And no, 'certain boss characters' does not directly confirm shadows as a boss. It's still up in the air. We don't know Ridley's fate, stop pretending it's a done deal.

D

Deleted member

No, you have it wrong; that brief footage directly confirms that Ridley's Shadow will be a boss character on the Pyrosphere.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
REMINDER: Sakurai playing ambiguous means he doesn't address characters by name until he confirms or disconfirms them.

Toon Link was never addressed by name when his pic showed up before his confirmation.

Palutena was never addressed by name (only "Goddess of Light") up until her confirmation.

And no, 'certain boss characters' does not directly confirm shadows as a boss. It's still up in the air. We don't know Ridley's fate, stop pretending it's a done deal.
Your avatar bothers me :c.
I bet the spindash out speeds her :L.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Even if Wario is confirmed, I won't believe the leak 100%.

Wario seems like a pretty easy guess; Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers are the only shoo-in starters not yet confirmed, and we're overdue for a veteran.

Morbi

Scavenger
*eyeroll*

If its not directly from Sal, don't give it credit. "Here let me tack on some stuff I know people would like"
Technically the Gematsu leak is not "directly" from Sal. So, are you essentially asserting that we should not give his leak any credit? :awesome:

Even if Wario is confirmed, I won't believe the leak 100%.

Wario seems like a pretty easy guess; Wario, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers are the only shoo-in starters not yet confirmed, and we're overdue for a veteran.
I will not believe it 100%, but I will actually bother to look up the leak in the event that Wario is confirmed (within 2 weeks).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I was honestly hoping that Sonic's side-special and down-special differed more this time around.
. . . Has it?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
No, you have it wrong; that brief footage directly confirms that Ridley's Shadow will be a boss character on the Pyrosphere.
So if Ganondorf's shadow was shown on a Zelda stage, we'd say the same thing, right? Or if the Monado hinted at the end of the Assist Trophy segment? It's not disconfirmation, it's bias.

D

Deleted member

So if Ganondorf's shadow was shown on a Zelda stage, we'd say the same thing, right? Or if the Monado hinted at the end of the Assist Trophy segment? It's not disconfirmation, it's bias.
You're reading far to deep into my comment. I said that the footage shows Ridley's Shadow as a boss on the Pyrosphere, not Ridley. It was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom