• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't know why Sonic is in Smash. We all know Sanic the Hegehog is clearly the superior choice!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey man, Mewtwo's pretty whiny too.
And Roy isn't?

As for @ Cobalsh Cobalsh 's comment on Ridley before, I just wanted to say this. Unlike Ganondorf, Ridley has already been a boss in the past. It's safer to say that Ridley is a boss if he was hinted rather than Ganondorf if his shadow was shown (which would never happen, but hypothetically). As for the Monado, not sure why they would tease an Assist Trophy, but that would make me wary on Shulk's chances.

But it could be said the other way around too: what if Porky's mech's leg was shown when Sakurai mentioned other bosses? Everyone would be really quick to disconfirm Porky, yet Ridley on the other hand...

I'm not positive that Ridley is playable OR a boss. He's not flat out disconfirmed, but nobody's really biased against Ridley. I think he's a character that we all want to see deep down.
Fake, but disappointing.
Blaziken isn't happening over Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm not positive that Ridley is playable OR a boss. He's not flat out disconfirmed, but nobody's really biased against Ridley. I think he's a character that we all want to see deep down.
Pretty sure I'm mis-interpreting this but I'm pretty sure Ridley is playable or a boss at this point. Not exactly many other options.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Fixed. This is also hilariously badly done. Like 99.9% of all "leaks" out there, actually. No evidence, no statement saying what role they play, newcomers leaked by Gematsu to be safe, and JIGGLYPUFF cut of all characters? Ahahahaha.... no.
I dunno man. Blaziken? No Mewtwo or Jiggles? I think there could be something to this leak.

Yeah, I meant I'm not sure which way it'll end up.

He's 100% one or the other.
Thought so, was just confusing wording.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, I just got off the phone with my uncle, who was calling to wish my dad a late birthday. My uncle does legal work for Konami's American HQ, and said he was late with the call because he's been really busy with some sort of internal problem with MGS5's development. I did ask him what's up with that, and he told that he couldn't tell me, it's private business, etc. Just thought I should post this for whatever reason.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So, I just got off the phone with my uncle, who was calling to wish my dad a late birthday. My uncle does legal work for Konami's American HQ, and said he was late with the call because he's been really busy with some sort of internal problem with MGS5's development. I did ask him what's up with that, and he told that he couldn't tell me, it's private business, etc. Just thought I should post this for whatever reason.
You see, I started reading that expecting some extremely fake thing like

My Dad's cousin's evil twin managed to hack the Reggie Mech and get a look at the secret characters

but that sounded realistic and didn't confirm secret characters : (

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You see, I started reading that expecting some extremely fake thing like

My Dad's cousin's evil twin managed to hack the Reggie Mech and get a look at the secret characters

but that sounded realistic and didn't confirm secret characters : (
I honestly just think this means nothing. In the past, it normally has. But maybe we'll get MGS5 on Wii U..? Eh, false hope.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
While I find Blaziken rather unlikely, I think he has a higher chance than Sceptile or any other Pokémon not named Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.

Morbi

Scavenger
While I find Blaziken rather unlikely, I think he has a higher chance than Sceptile or any other Pokémon not named Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.
I agree with this sentiment, albeit I felt as though he had a higher chance than Greninja myself. I would not be surprised to see him in addition to Mewtwo and Jigglypuff though, despite popular opinion that Pokemon must arbitrarily have less characters (I mean slots) than Mario. However, given the notion that Blaziken would undoubtedly be his own character, I do not find that notion entirely likely. It would be counter-intuitive to omit two starter veterans at the expense of two (seemingly) generic starter newcomers.

D

Deleted member

I would not be surprised to see him in addition to Mewtwo and Jigglypuff though, despite popular opinion that Pokemon must arbitrarily have less characters (I mean slots) than Mario.
I swear; this thing was made up just to ruin people's fun.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::blaziken:

It would have been so perfect...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have a feeling these poppycock leaks are only being made because they're trying to take advantage of the folks way too cemented with their bias.

D

Deleted member

Look into your hearts, you know this to be true: The best option for a 7th Pokémon is Entei.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I disagree, I personally think Sceptile would make the most sense. It's not always a popularity contest.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
It seems as if all these fake leaks nowadays take little to no effort. Back then, they were actually convincing but now it seems as if people are lazy and are putting in cliche after cliche. Some of these cliches I'm referring to are: including the Gematsu 3 (Chrom, Chorus Men & Shulk), that the leaker works at Nintendo and that the best place to leak his info is GameFAQS, including fan favorites (Ridley, K. Rool & Mewtwo), and deadlines such as "to prove my legitimacy, this character will be revealed on this day or before this week ends", most of the time the character is either Wario or Falco.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Blaziken is kind of the fan favorite of the Gen III starters. Especially seeing how he was the first to get a Mega of the three.
And type repetition happened with these two already. :pichumelee::pikachumelee:
It seems as if all these fake leaks nowadays take little effort. Back then, they were actually convincing but now it seems as if people are lazy and are putting in cliche after cliche. Some of these cliches I'm referring are: including the Gematsu 3 (Chrom, Chorus Men & Shulk), that the leaker works at Nintendo and that the best place to leak his info is GameFAQS, including fan favorites (Ridley, K. Rool & Mewtwo), and deadlines such as "to prove my legitimacy, this character will be revealed on this day or before this week ends", most of the time the character is either Wario or Falco.
Summed up my thoughts exactly.
It's far too obvious that coattails are being ridden with this stuff. Also, I still don't really understand why people point towards Falco when Falco's usually been a staple mid-unlockable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It is a wonder that these leaks did not come out earlier before the Getmasu spoiler was determined to be correct.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Blaziken is kind of the fan favorite of the Gen III starters. Especially seeing how he was the first to get a Mega of the three.
And type repetition happened with these two already. :pichumelee::pikachumelee:

Summed up my thoughts exactly.
It's far too obvious that coattails are being ridden with this stuff. Also, I still don't really understand why people point towards Falco when Falco's usually been a staple mid-unlockable.
True, but Marth appears to be a starter this time. Things appear to be changing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The only answer is HAWLUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*clears throat*

Seriously though, Hawlucha would be freaking incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom