• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
It might have been said already but I didn't feel like reading all the long posts. People keep saying they need the main antagonist but Dixie is one of the main protagonists and is in more games. It looks odd to place k rool in rosters before her. In my opinion it would be more important to add the whole team before adding someone who hasn't been in the games for a while. Especially when she was planned for brawl (yes as a tag team but still planned).
I feel like most people outside of the boards don't even know who k rool is anyway. Like my brothers or cousins. And even my roommate who is a huge nintendo need had to be reminded who he was

I guess I should add that I would actually like 4 dk spots I think they deserve it.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No, you still don't get it. I am not making the claim that Kremlings hint towards K. Rool because they are his minions. I never used that "logic." I am making the claim that the Kremlings may indicate that K. Rool could be in due to being old Donkey Kong enemies that have not appeared in awhile, which puts a dent in the "relevancy" argument. Why would Sakurai have the Kremlings in the game if he thought they were too old and unimportant? The fact that he added them in means he is pulling content from those older Donkey Kong games. King K. Rool was prominent in those older games, thus, it makes sense that he would be considered for a playable status.
They're a simple grunt type and have appeared in cases that K Rool has not. In my opinion it means significantly less than diehard K Rool supporters think. They represent enemies of the DKC franchise. Playability is a much tougher spot to get than simple grunt enemy

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm feeling as though people are missing the point of Super Smash Bros. being a general tribute for Nintendo (plus misfits) instead of being merely a fad contest.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm feeling as though people are missing the point of Super Smash Bros. being a general tribute for Nintendo (plus misfits) instead of being merely a fad contest.
I don't get what implies that we are forgetting that.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
They're a simple grunt type and have appeared in cases that K Rool has not. In my opinion it means significantly less than diehard K Rool supporters think. They represent enemies of the DKC franchise. Playability is a much tougher spot to get than simple grunt enemy
That and its one of the many character models from brawl that was an already existing asset. Being relevant or not wont keep a character out, but its easy to see that sakurai is clearly looking towards recent titles and series for his new potential newcomers.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Shadow also a hidden AT?
Yes. However; Shadow was unlocked automatically when you unlocked Sonic. Sonic was in the demo, so it makes sense for Shadow to be there too considering his unlock requirement in Brawl. and to piss off Miiverse kids

The other hidden assists from Brawl (Barbara the Bat, Grey Fox, Infantry and Tanks, Isaac, and Ray MK III) have not been shown as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Yes. However; Shadow was unlocked automatically when you unlocked Sonic. Sonic was in the demo, so it makes sense for Shadow to be there too considering his unlock requirement in Brawl. and to piss off Miiverse kids

The other hidden assists from Brawl (Barbara the Bat, Grey Fox, Infantry and Tanks, Isaac, and Ray MK III) have not been shown as of yet.
Hahaha, and piss me off it did. Although the only time I ever visit miiverse is to see what Sakurai said about the POTD.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He better have more then one taunt this time thats for sure, the box needs to be back but he has so much potential for the other 3.
Yeah, that was lame. There's more to the character than boxes.

There's so many things to pull from the series, too.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai has been adding lots of content ranging from obscure to the ones people want to see in the game. It makes sense for Kremlings to be in Smash Run, and it probably assures K. Tool making an appearance in some form, I think they don't help his chances with him being playable at all.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Dude, that was really unnecessary. You should edit it out.

That's also closer to how he looked in the old game&watch games. I prefer it honestly.
I'm not seeing the resemblance really. I realize it was unnecessary, which is why I said "I didn't mean it like that I'm sorry." I really am sorry for what I said.

Anyway, I'm also hoping for a Chunky Kong confirmation. That would be a big deal, seeing as how Chunky hasn't been around since the 64 days. If Sakurai will revive Chunky Kong and Kremlings, I feel like K. Rool's chances will rise greatly.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I recall people saying that Muddy Mole was going to be an AT in Brawl, ended up being a sticker, I would not trust the Chunky rumor at all, it's just people being the gossipers they are.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
By the way, is Chunky popular at all? I think there's no good of a reason to add him as an AT if he's not popular requested like Skull Kid and Waluigi.
Well for the record, not every Assist Trophy is popular.
We got the likes of Devil, Barbara, and Herlin as Assist Trophies.

But if you mean his inclusion in the DK franchise, then he is pretty popular.
He's the last Kong you use to kill K. Rool and DK64 is pretty popular in Japan.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I recall people saying that Muddy Mole was going to be an AT in Brawl, ended up being a sticker, I would not trust the Chunky rumor at all, it's just people being the gossipers they are.
I'm not sure how to feeal about the Chunky rumors, but I'm giving it some credit. Five or six people, in different locations, claiming they saw Chunky Kong. Their stories all matched as to what Chunky's actions were.

I'm not sure how popular he is in general, but I don't think that matters for AT's. I don't think anyone is particularly crazy about Chain Chomp or Pong, but they're Assist Trophies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey! I have 2 rosters to present tonight, the first is my prediction roster. The second, my own dream roster. As usual for me, top is main roster, bottom is DLC possibilities.
Prediction:
Prediction Roster Roster.png

Dream:
My Roster Roster.png

Thoughts?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would replace toad with captain toad and for personal preference Dixie for k rool
Toad and Captain Toad have been implied to be the same person. There would definitely be a captain toad alt, and moves would draw from all toad games.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
What other toad games am I missing. Also toad and captain toad are different.
Wario's Woods, SMB2, and 3d World, primarily.
If you wish to check out why Captain Toad and Toad are probably the same person, check out the Captain Toad thread.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, I tried skimming the last few pages, but I was unsuccessful. Did the Gematsu Plus leak get killed? Cuz if not, that would be a pretty perfect (and reasonable/feasible) roster, IMO. Then again, it being the perfect roster makes it less credible simply for the want factor.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Wario's Woods, SMB2, and 3d World, primarily.
If you wish to check out why Captain Toad and Toad are probably the same person, check out the Captain Toad thread.
Captain toads the only game that features a toad as the main character. He might be playable in the others but this is different. That's why I think he will be playable over generic toad. Captain toad was in 3d world.
Also with the recent photos of him showing off smash and at the end dreaming of him being in smash one day tells me that nintendo treats him as a character too. Captain toad is not the generic blue or yellow toad or the generic toads in the town. He's a full fledged character.
He actually has a lot more move set potential than a generic toad.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So, I tried skimming the last few pages, but I was unsuccessful. Did the Gematsu Plus leak get killed? Cuz if not, that would be a pretty perfect (and reasonable/feasible) roster, IMO. Then again, it being the perfect roster makes it less credible simply for the want factor.
People would argue it's not the "perfect" roster because it doesn't have K Rool. And they would be right, it not having K Rool does make it not perfect.

But it is a very likely and believable roster

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
People would argue it's not the "perfect" roster because it doesn't have K Rool. And they would be right, it not having K Rool does make it not perfect.

But it is a very likely and believable roster
Selfishly, it is perfect. I easily want Dixie over K. Rool. Heck, I'd personally prefer Lord Fredrik over K. Rool. For the sake of others, I do hope he gets in eventually, but the G+ roster perfectly fits my personal tastes (save for C. Toad, whom I don't expect to be in this game outside of maybe DLC).

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Captain toads the only game that features a toad as the main character. He might be playable in the others but this is different. That's why I think he will be playable over generic toad. Captain toad was in 3d world.
Also with the recent photos of him showing off smash and at the end dreaming of him being in smash one day tells me that nintendo treats him as a character too. Captain toad is not the generic blue or yellow toad or the generic toads in the town. He's a full fledged character.
He actually has a lot more move set potential than a generic toad.
Wario's Woods does have Toad as the main character. Wario is the villain.
Also when I say Toad, I'm referring to what most think of as The Toad, namely the Toad you play as in Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom