• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
So I just posted something similar to this in the Captain Falcon thread, but figured there's enough veterans waiting around to discuss. Are there any veterans that you're excited to see certain graphical upgrades/brand new outfits/designs to them?
Personally stoked to see the graphical improvements of Ganondorf and Wolf to be honest.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So I just posted something similar to this in the Captain Falcon thread, but figured there's enough veterans waiting around to discuss. Are there any veterans that you're excited to see certain graphical upgrades/brand new outfits/designs to them?
Personally stoked to see the graphical improvements of Ganondorf and Wolf to be honest.
R.O.B. - Hope they make him look more like the toy. He kinda had an original robotic design to fit in with Brawl's grittier style.

Mr. Game and Watch - They seem to have made him look more like his historical version from Fireman, judging by Pac-Man's trailer. I'm excited to see how he this in comparison with the HD stages and cast and how he looks in 3D on the 3DS.

Ice Climbers - Them fur parkas.

Captain Falcon - Maybe they'll actually have the crest on his helmet this time. Even if not, HD Falcon Punch is probably to die for.
Meta Knight (Wondering if he'll have small wings this time)

Ness - I think he'll look great in HD. Specifically his attacks.

And newcomers:

Takamaru - I want to see them bring his original design back to life in glorious HD. The Samurai Warriors one seemed a little off to me for some reason.

Shulk - Character models are terrible in Xenoblade and I want to see Shulk in HD

King K. Rool - If they don't use the golden chestplate...

Chorus Kids - I want to see how they do the 2D if they do that...and I want to see how they tackle a 3D model for them if they go for that.

Awakening Character - I want to see them in HD with actual feet.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Awakening Character - I want to see them in HD with actual feet.
The moment you realize they have no feet, the nightmares start.

I was fine for weeks, my friend told me, and now I can't play that game with battle animations, lol.

I also miss the sprited battle animations, the crits were way more awesome : (

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward to seeing the major graphical upgrades they've done to Jigglypuff.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Along with Paper Mario but without looking the same as Mario. :ness:

Now that I think about it, HD won't be that apparent on him. But then again, the same could be said for G&W so....

Also, is it me or HD is apparent on Kirby? The pink shade seems to be more detailed so I don't know what to expect from other (no kidding yoshi was a great improvement). Though, Ridley in HD just sounds interesting.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think it would be kinda cool if they decided to make the Ice Climbers 8-bit sprites instead of 3D models.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I would love to see a Smash Bros spinoff that only includes characters from the 8-bit era. In fact, I've made a roster for it.
8-Bit Smash Roster.png

It's not complete, because I need more icons.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Great roster! However...

- Lack of Lucas is quite disturbing. Jiggs, not as much but she still has fans!
- Who is Nell?
- Why Ganon? Would've been a spot for someone like Midna, Impa, or Vaati instead
- Two Fire Emblem characters, yet we have four DK? Probably should give Fire Emblem a third spot (unless Nell is and I don't realize it). Give that spot to Lyn instead

Overall...9.3/10
If you have research Nintendo and especially Intelligent Systems the creators of Fire Emblem you will see there still another series that hasn´t get a playable character in Smash and has been longer than FE and as with many games, is the Wars Series, Nell is the mascot like Anna is for FE, she has been since SNES games (in spirit with her signature move "Luck"), if you haven´t play or hear about this franchise you should go to Andy's Thread and Sami's Thread where there are many movesets that could make an awesome playable character from this games.

Lucas is the only character so far without a release of his game around the world, thats a huge let down, until I see Nintendo launch Mother 3, it will be a character that should not be considered to a perfect roster.

Midna, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Zant, etc. are one time characters, until there are more games they should not be considered, Impa, Vaati and Tingle could probably have a better chance (especially Tingle with his own games) but if you consider actual movesets, appearances, and that Ganon could represent the Classic form of Zelda series (Zelda 1, Link to the Past, etc.) you will see is a better choice overall even to the point that we have two Links, two Zeldas and with the current idea it will be interesting and great to see the two forms of Ganondorf/Ganon (for bonus points it will add another heavy character). You can go to the Ganon's Thread to see its moveset potential.

Sorry but DK series is bigger, the characters are more known around the world and currently top the fan favorite lists Dixie and king K. Rool are major Nintendo Stars (and the few that are left with Ridley and Toad to be added), Fire Emblem still needs to reach that kind of boom and even greater for the characters (the main Lords and sadly they are not there yet), talking about movesets Dixie and King K. Rool will bring a lot more in some unique ways than the FE cast (maybe if they consider Hector, Ephraim, Robin could get there).

.n_n.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Quick! Post a picture of the veteran who will be revealed next!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly would excite me more than Falco or Metaknight. Bring on the masochism.
I agree. Well, more than Falco, even with Meta Knight. I would love Pichu to use like, a raindance moveset. His electric based attacks are weak normally, but when he uses raindance they gain more reach + more damage. His down B could be discharge. It sends electric currents OUT from his body. Sort of like the opposite of Pikachu's thunder. His up B could be volt switch, and then normal electricity like pika's could be his over B.

Sounds good to me

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, it's always been kind of disappointing that no official Smash Bros concept art has ever been released. I really want to see the thought process behind putting the likes of Ice Climbers, Pit, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch on the big screen.

Unless Sakurai is some kind of mad genius and modeled all these unique designs completely from his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom