• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not even Birdo? :(
Especially not Birdo in my opinion. She was only a villain in one game and has since been relegated to spin off games. She would also be another Mario character(no, not Yoshi, she's never even been in a Yoshi game). Also, she was only given the role as brief stage hazard in Melee. Medusa and Captain Syrup are much more likely.

Edit: After a bit of research I found she is a boss in the first Mario and Luigi, and makes a cameo appearance in Paper Mario Sticker Star. However, my points still stand where she is a Mario character who is hardly ever requested.

Edit 2: Boss in Mario rpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Honestly, isn't Dark Pit technically disconfirmed?
All newcomers are always announced directly in trailers. Seeing how Dark Pit wasn't given a Newcomer announcement, a spot on the website, or anything like that is the equivalent to Isabelle or Tom Nook in this regard.
Actually no. Sakurai once said only veterans in official site are confirmed, then, following this thought, Mr. G&W is also disconfirmed.
Well, not enough? Ok, let me illustrate: You are in the movies watching Fantastic Four. You watch the entire movie, the credits then, when you think the movie is over another scene starts. You see the universe, planets, star, asteroids, then sunddenly the camera focuses in two twin planets. An enourmous human figure appears behind the planets and pick both. The eyes of this thing glows purple, in the head you see an iconic helmet, and the planets in his hands starts to implode. What would you think? Galactus will be in Fantastic Four 2.
This is exactly what happened in Palutena's trailer, Sakurai is teasing Dark Pit, as he is teasing Ridley, what does it mean? Lucky are the ones that know, unfortunately, we are not these ones.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Actually no. Sakurai once said only veterans in official site are confirmed, the, following this thought, Mr. G&W is also disconfirmed.
Well, not enough? Ok, let me illustrate: You are in the movies watching Fantastic Four. You watch the entire movie, the credits then, when you think the movie is over another scene starts. You see the universe, planets, star, asteroids, then sunddenly the camera focuses in two twin planets. An enourmous human figure appears behind the planets and pick both. The eyes of this thing glows purple, in the head you see an iconic helmet, and the planets in his hands starts to implode. What would you think? Galactus will be in Fantastic Four 2.
This is exactly what happened in Palutena's trailer, Sakurai is teasing Dark Pit, as he is teasing Ridley, what does it mean? Lucky are the ones that know, unfortunately, we are not these ones.
That's a pretty bad comparison. Showing a character briefly at the end of a movie means that they weren't in that movie.

These are teases before a new product, not at the end of an old one.

Plus, no veterans have gotten trailers (sans charizard, but he was technically changed) so showing G&W means nothing.

However, I will agree that, if anything, this doesn't outright deconfirm Dark Pit. But I'm sure anyone with reasonable opinions anywhere forever wouldn't want dark pit playable. **** that guy.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
These are teases before a new product, not at the end of an old one.
Exactly. I think he's teasing either a new trailer or DLC. But Who knows...

And yeah, Dark Pit is not the character that I need and want, but I wouldn't mind both his inclusion or absence.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Exactly. I think he's teasing either a new trailer or DLC. But Who knows...
Wasn't disagreeing with you, was saying your metaphor wasn't apt, haha

I think if anything, Pitoo will be an alt costume, maybe with his own voice acting. He really, really doesn't deserve a slot :/

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I think if anything, Pitoo will be an alt costume, maybe with his own voice acting. He really, really doesn't deserve a slot :/
Actually he's a major plot element, then definitely he is not undeserving. If I remember, at some point he turns into a antihero, I think he deserves this slot as Wolf deserves (poor comparison, I know, don't blame me). And, if you take a look at the diversity of usable weapons in Kid Icarus I wouldn't worry about the clone issue. I can see him with a violent battle style that fits with his personality.

Anyway, I prefer Medusa. She deserves more.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
With the Mac Sweat suit costume, it has been stated that we haven't seen everything as some wasn't ready for the demo.

My gut tells me that Dark Pit will be an alternative costume like the Dark Links or just be regulated to an enemy in an event like "dark link" and "dark samus" were.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm kind of on the edge about Dark Pit really. I think it would be cool to see him in, but I don't care if he doesn't get in. Something else that will get boos is being against Krystal, which I am. Starfox Adventures, while not a horrible game, should not be a Starfox game. Therefore I think that Krystal shouldn't exist. The only way Nintendo will get me to be for Krystal is if the new Starfox game takes place directly after 64, and they rewrite her origin story. I am aware that people will disagree with me on this, so this is a horrible idea but I'm gonna post anyway.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, I'm kind of on the edge about Dark Pit really. I think it would be cool to see him in, but I don't care if he doesn't get in. Something else that will get boos is being against Krystal, which I am. Starfox Adventures, while not a horrible game, should not be a Starfox game. Therefore I think that Krystal shouldn't exist. The only way Nintendo will get me to be for Krystal is if the new Starfox game takes place directly after 64, and they rewrite her origin story. I am aware that people will disagree with me on this, so this is a horrible idea but I'm gonna post anyway.
Krystal was actually the protagonist of Adventures when it was a new IP rather than a Starfox game. So she would've existed even without it being a Starfox game.

D

Deleted member

Krystal was actually the protagonist of Adventures when it was a new IP rather than a Starfox game. So she would've existed even without it being a Starfox game.
I meant within the Starfox Universe, but I guess I wasn't very specific. If she was in her own game, I wouldn't care in the slightest, and I would probably support her for Smash. The problem is that it wasn't a Starfox game, then Miyamoto hijacked it to make it a not starfrox Starfox game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Actually he's a major plot element, then definitely he is not undeserving. If I remember, at some point he turns into a antihero, I think he deserves this slot as Wolf deserves (poor comparison, I know, don't blame me). And, if you take a look at the diversity of usable weapons in Kid Icarus I wouldn't worry about the clone issue. I can see him with a violent battle style that fits with his personality.

Anyway, I prefer Medusa. She deserves more.
I'm nor worried about move sets. You can make any character unique. I don't think dark pit deserves a spot because KI already has two reps, which they didn't deserve imo. Kid Icarus is a tiny series, one rep was enough for them. Metroid and DK need thirds reps before anything else that already is repped should get more.

I do agree with you on the point of wolf. fox is a smaller series. didn't need a third rep.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

This is my roster predictions, it's 55 characters (Yeah, i know it's' too much)
Red lines is Unlockable characters
Rydley and Porky promoted to playable characters
I wante to put Phoenix Wright and Simon belmont (to replace snake) but i don't think it's gonna happen
replace snake with chorus men
porky and lucasand kyrstal and waddle dee not gonna happen

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Guys, I have a confession to make.

I actually support Dark Pit for SSB4.

*Everyone starts booing and throwing tomatoes at me*
Unfortunately, I've run out of tomatoes.

Personally, I see little appeal in making Dark Pit his own playable character, for a number of reasons. Though I suppose people who liked his character in Uprising may be pleased with his inclusion.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Don't see Dark Pit being a player character, he will likely just get some form of homage.

Assist
Alternative Costume
Event enemy

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm nor worried about move sets. You can make any character unique. I don't think dark pit deserves a spot because KI already has two reps, which they didn't deserve imo. Kid Icarus is a tiny series, one rep was enough for them. Metroid and DK need thirds reps before anything else that already is repped should get more.

I do agree with you on the point of wolf. fox is a smaller series. didn't need a third rep.
I prefer to evaluate characters based on their merit, not whether their series "deserves" another representative. That is extremely subjective and it gets us nowhere.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I prefer to evaluate characters based on their merit, not whether their series "deserves" another representative. That is extremely subjective and it gets us nowhere.
But could end up with Mario getting 12 reps while most other series have 1 or 2. Regardless on character merit (where I agree, Palutena has merit within the KI series), series representation in context with the other series is very important.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Guys, I have a confession to make.

I actually support Dark Pit for SSB4.

*Everyone starts booing and throwing tomatoes at me*
Well, the only problem I have with Dark Pit (or any other character) is that Uprising has so much representation already, I cannot swallow another newcomer. Some people can, so I'll drop this...

I believe Dark Pit has enough to set himself apart from Pit anyway. Dark Pit or Medusa for me if I had to pick a 2nd KI newcomer. A Centurion would be kinda hilarious to see, actually, I won't feel too bad if one's playable lol. I know, I said before I'd like to see Hades before Dark Pit, but I changed my mind. I just cannot support a character that falsely portrays one of my fave Greek gods. If Hades gets in somehow, he's most likely going to have an evil role. Hades (Greek mythology) always gets the short end of the stick in media -- a lot of the times he's depicted as the "evil" antagonist, whereas he's more or less neutral.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah, I have a confession too.
I actually kind of wanted Bonkers in. Now he's the first mini-boss shown in Smash Run.
not really a big loss though so it's k

D

Deleted member

Confession time:
King Boo over Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario
Adeleine from Kirby as a painter over Bowser Jr.
Midna as a replacement for Toon Link(deconfirmed, but still)
Donnel from FE Awakening for third FE rep.

Yeah, the most likely of these is Midna, while still having Toon Link, but a man can dream can't he? I wonder how many people disagree with me though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm not sure if we're off topic because we've gone into the grounds of the unpopular opinion thread or if we're fine because we're still talking about characters

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I think this should be unpopular enough but I care a lot more about general repping than the whole roster. Since I consider the whole game the masterpiece, the repping affects more areas than just the roster. The roster does affects repping but general repping is affecting most of the game. It's music, assist, stages it can go pretty large.

This explains why I really don't hate any characters and why I want better repping more than a playable character for Paper Mario. Since I however am still addicted to TTYD and that it would solve my repping concern and that he's potential is huge, that's why he's the only one I really want. What would really be disappointing for me is just getting trophies like seriously at least a music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom