• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Perhaps that is because he supports Vaati. I am just taking a crazy and wild guess here. Do not be afraid to correct me if I am wrong.
Idk, he is a little Vaati-Crazy. The only thing about Vaati I haven't seen him about is a Vaati avatar.

I'm just messin with him because I don't really think Vaati will be in. DLC perhaps, but not with the legit roster

Morbi

Scavenger
Greninja made Squirtle a redundant addition even for DLC to me if I had to be honest.
Squirtle has a similar play-style to Greninja? They are aesthetically similar? Or are you just alluding to the notion that they are both water starters?

That's what I said when I saw it.... Not trying to cut straws, but TL is essentially Young Link.
Unless Young Link is Masked Link or a Link with different items and abilities. In that case, they are not essentially the same being.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
No, no. A roster of 47 with only Mario.

Paper Mario. Jump Man. Metal Mario. Baby Mario.
I'm going to try

1. Mario
2. Dr Mario
3. Baby Mario
4. Shadow Mario
5. Paper Mario
6. Fireball Mario
7. Ice Mario
8. Metal Mario
9. 8-Bit Mario
10. 8-Bit Fire Mario
11. Mario from Mario & Luigi
12. Mario from Mario rpg
13. Mario Lopez
14. Gold Mario
15. Bee Suit Mario
16. Mario is Missing
17. Tanooki Mario
18. 16 bit mario
17. Cat Mario
18. The Guy who played Mario in the Super Mario Bros movie
19. Boo Mario
20. Boomerang Mario
21. Mega Mario
22. Mini Mario
23. Cape Mario
24. Small Mario
25. Super Mario
26. Shell Mario
27. Invincible Mario
28. Frog Mario
29. Rock Mario
30. Penguin Mario
31. Propeller Mario
32. Double Cherry Mario
33. Bomb Mario
34. Spring Mario
35. Vanish Cap Mario
36. Wing Cap Mario
37. Hammer Mario
38. Mario Sluggers Mario
39. Mario Strikers Mario
40. Mario Balotelli
41. Cloud Mario
42. Mario in his pajamas
43. Rabbit Ear Mario
44. Lucky cat Mario
45. Flying Squirrel Mario
46. P Flying Squirrel Mario
47.Invincible Tanooki Mario

I spent way too much time thinking about this.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to try

1. Mario
2. Dr Mario
3. Baby Mario
4. Shadow Mario
5. Paper Mario
6. Fireball Mario
7. Ice Mario
8. Metal Mario
9. 8-Bit Mario
10. 8-Bit Fire Mario
11. Mario from Mario & Luigi
12. Mario from Mario rpg
13. Mario Lopez
14. Gold Mario
15. Bee Suit Mario
16. Mario is Missing
17. Tanooki Mario
18. 16 bit mario
17. Cat Mario
18. The Guy who played Mario in the Super Mario Bros movie
19. Boo Mario
20. Boomerang Mario
21. Mega Mario
22. Mini Mario
23. Cape Mario
24. Small Mario
25. Super Mario
26. Shell Mario
27. Invincible Mario
28. Frog Mario
29. Rock Mario
30. Penguin Mario
31. Propeller Mario
32. Double Cherry Mario
33. Bomb Mario
34. Spring Mario
35. Vanish Cap Mario
36. Wing Cap Mario
37. Hammer Mario
38. Mario Sluggers Mario
39. Mario Strikers Mario
40. Mario Balotelli
41. Cloud Mario
42. Mario in his pajamas
43. Rabbit Ear Mario
44. Lucky cat Mario
45. Flying Squirrel Mario
46. P Flying Squirrel Mario
47.Invincible Tanooki Mario

I spent way too much time thinking about this.
How dare you forget Captain Lou Albano Mario.

Also the guy who was Mario in the movie was Bob Hoskins.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But Toon Link didn't make Young Link redundant because?

Ninja'd.
lol yeah because toon link apparently didn't make young link redundant
I wasn't sure what to put for the last two DLC characters, so Young Link and Roy were just added for the heck of it. No strong reason whatsoever. :p
But if Sakurai decided to cut Squirtle, I think he would never add him as DLC. That's just my opinion.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wasn't sure what to put for the last two DLC characters, so Young Link and Roy were just added for the heck of it. No strong reason whatsoever. :p
But if Sakurai decided to cut Squirtle, I think he would never add him as DLC. That's just my opinion.
Sakurai not only cut Young Link, but outright replaced him with Toon Link. I don't think he would ever add him as DLC.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sakurai not only cut Toon Link, but outright replaced him with Toon Link. I don't think he would ever add him as DLC.
Well... I suppose that kinda makes sense.... sort of.... for Smash 4....

But yeah, Young Link was replaced with no signs of being planned to be brought back, same with Pichu.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's the catch, the Toon Link in SSB4 is actually his PH version, and not WW. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah he's obviously the Spirit Tracks version why else does he always "leave" when he fights at the Spirit Train stage while Alfonzo takes over. That's because he is Spirit Tracks Link! That "Master Sword" he's holding is obviously the Locomo Sword painted over. :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

Expectation(With DLC) Roster.png

I finally did it, I made a roster. So pretty much blue is in game roster, red is DLC here. Sure complain all you want about Mewtwo and Lucas being DLC, but whatever. If there isn't character DLC in the final game, then I would cut Snake, Dark Pit, Sceptile, and Isaac from my final prediction.

Edit:excuse my poor organization, I'm too lazy to fix it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
View attachment 16917

I finally did it, I made a roster. So pretty much blue is in game roster, red is DLC here. Sure complain all you want about Mewtwo and Lucas being DLC, but whatever. If there isn't character DLC in the final game, then I would cut Snake, Dark Pit, Sceptile, and Isaac from my final prediction.

What's with that Dark Pit?

Morbi

Scavenger
View attachment 16917

What makes Mewtwo more DLC worthy than Sceptile? From my perspective, it seems like it would be the complete opposite. Just curious.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Here's mine btw. I also wouldn't mind highly requested characters like Isaac and King K. Rool, I think they would make great additions. This is sort of my prediction/want.

Your roster lacks Wolf, a third DK character, and Isaac along with Marshall instead of Chorus Men. Other than that, I'd be fine with this roster. Bonus points for no Robin

And you'd rather have three Links over two Water types? Man, if the StarFox characters are getting complained about because they're "clones", then we're gonna have Link, Tink, and Yink fall victim to that as well. Think that's fair to their fans?

D

Deleted member

What's with that Dark Pit?
Dark Pit is here because because of the tease at the end of the Palutena trailer. I don't think he will be an assist trophy because we already have two, and I don't think he will be a stage hazard in Palutena's Temple do to size. Plus they could make his moveset really unique from Pit with weapons. Also I really like him and it would be a guilty pleasure.

What makes Mewtwo more DLC worthy than Sceptile? From my perspective, it seems like it would be the complete opposite. Just curious.
My reasoning is because I can't see newcomer DLC being in the game at all, and it would be nice to all three types of starter pokemon. Sure some might say Jigglypuff could be DLC, but she's one of the original twelve.Yeah I know my reasoning is kind of weird, and some would say not to put in Sceptile at all, but whatever.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dark Pit is here because because of the tease at the end of the Palutena trailer. I don't think he will be an assist trophy because we already have two, and I don't think he will be a stage hazard in Palutena's Temple do to size. Plus they could make his moveset really unique from Pit with weapons. Also I really like him and it would be a guilty pleasure.

He is a sweet character... but I honestly thought they were teasing an Alt. for Pit.

Morbi

Scavenger

My reasoning is because I can't see newcomer DLC being in the game at all, and it would be nice to all three types of starter pokemon. Sure some might say Jigglypuff could be DLC, but she's one of the original twelve.Yeah I know my reasoning is kind of weird, and some would say not to put in Sceptile at all, but whatever.
That reasoning is logical enough. However, I would just like to point out something in regards to Dark Pit. Everyone went crazy during E3 because Dark Pit was not an alternate costume. But after the fact, we figured out that there were only 3 alternates available for everyone. Albeit that might not be relevant to your decision, I just figured I would share it because everyone seemed to believe that he was inevitable (lol?).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dark Pit would probably be an alt for Pit with different voice clips and all. I could also see this happening for Conductor Link for Toon Link where he would have his voice from Spirit Tracks if that where to happen. Not sure I could see Dark Pit becoming a separate character though..... :T

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That reasoning is logical enough. However, I would just like to point out something in regards to Dark Pit. Everyone went crazy during E3 because Dark Pit was not an alternate costume. But after the fact, we figured out that there were only 3 alternates available for everyone. Albeit that might not be relevant to your decision, I just figured I would share it because everyone seemed to believe that he was inevitable (lol?).
TBH, I would find it strange to have Dark Pit as an unlockable alt. Wireframe Mac I can understand, because it will probably be an alt., but from a black pallete swap to an unlockable one? That makes no sense to me especially when Pittoo has been hint plenty of times by Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm completely aware of the E3 alt thing. But wire frame Mac wasn't their either though, which is why I didn't include it in my reasoning. If we do get a third Kid Icarus rep, it's either him or Medusa, but I understand why people don't want him.

Morbi

Scavenger
TBH, I would find it strange to have Dark Pit as an unlockable alt. Wireframe Mac I can understand, because it will probably be an alt., but from a black pallete swap to an unlockable one? That makes no sense to me especially when Pittoo has been hint plenty of times by Sakurai.
When has Pittoo hinted at aside from the trailer?!

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, I'm completely aware of the E3 alt thing. But wire frame Mac wasn't their either though, which is why I didn't include it in my reasoning. If we do get a third Kid Icarus rep, it's either him or Medusa, but I understand why people don't want him.
I would honestly assert that Hades has a chance. I do not feel as though we need to advocate for an either/or fallacy here! :awesome:

Sakurai's Twitter pic from two years ago:
I had forgotten about that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
NESS CONFIRMED
All these recent leaks seem to be connecting to each other.

Sakurai's warned us before that nothing he posts on his twitter should be taken as a hint for Smash.
I know, but don't you think it's weird for him to put a Dark Pit figure with Charizard solo and Samus having her Other M design as shown in the picture.
It probably won't tell you much, but I personally think it does, just like how the Monado picture shows that Sakurai is aware of Xenoblade.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dark Pit breaks the rule stated by Sakurai that newcomers will get their own trailers. I believe Dark Pit is disconfirmed by that.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
We all saw dark pit at the ending of Palutena's alighting, but is there any evidence concerning dark pit himself? I think having him as a playable character would be kind of unusual. Is there a trailer for him? If thier isnt, he is considered dis confirmed according to Sakurai's rule about new characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom