• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Long time no see ladies and gents. I've been bored, so I got around to designing a little something. Not something for a playable character, not advocating for a playable character...but rather the return of a certain Mid-Boss who made his introduction in Smash Bros 64:

Metal Mario! In recent years, Nintendo has been trying almost endlessly to make this guy his own stand-alone character, being an ultimate rivals of sorts in alot of Crossover Nintendo games. So, in recollection of this, I think Metal Mario (JUST Metal Mario) should come back as a semi-final boss for Classic Mode, and possibly Adventure mode if there is one. And better yet, give him his own moveset!

Standard B: Mercury Shot (A charge special, Metal Mario will charge up something in his hand, then thrusting his arm forward, releasing a wave of shiny Silver liquid in the form of a projectile. Will do more damage and go faster depending on how long the button is held for. 8-16%)

Side + B: Metal Wave (Metal Mario will punch the ground, letting out a wave of Metal shards along the ground to deal damage. This move can either be used as a hold the side + B or Smash + B, the hold version being weaker but can be used to transition into combos as it knocks the opponent upwards, but the smash version is made to knock the opponent away horizontally and keep the opponent away. 10-18%)

Up + B: Steel Rocket (Metal Mario will perform an upward-lunging punch, in the same vein as Mario’s Super Jump Punch, only his goes a greater distance than the Super Jump Punch, as well as hitting harder, but only hitting once. With a helpless state and a long ending lag, this move is very high risk high reward. 15%)

Down + B: Diamond Hide (Metal Mario’s body will gleam bright for a brief moment, which will reflect damage back at the opponent, working as his own personal counter attack. This move’s timing is very pin-point, so it takes time to learn how to master. Deals 50% damage dealt during counter)

Final Smash is still debatable, especially on the front if he should be able to pick up items or a Smash Ball. Regardless, I wanna get some Metal Battle music back in Smash Goddammit. :p
I don't care that you're not advocating him for a playable character, this makes me want Metal Mario as a playable character.
Especially if he gets some of Doc's properties on the normal attacks. (F-Air and N-Air, mainly. I'd say F-Smash, but Metal needs the power fist from the original Smash)

EDIT: Maybe Final Smash is Metal Bros.?

Last edited by a moderator:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Long time no see ladies and gents. I've been bored, so I got around to designing a little something. Not something for a playable character, not advocating for a playable character...but rather the return of a certain Mid-Boss who made his introduction in Smash Bros 64:

Metal Mario! In recent years, Nintendo has been trying almost endlessly to make this guy his own stand-alone character, being an ultimate rivals of sorts in alot of Crossover Nintendo games. So, in recollection of this, I think Metal Mario (JUST Metal Mario) should come back as a semi-final boss for Classic Mode, and possibly Adventure mode if there is one. And better yet, give him his own moveset!

Standard B: Mercury Shot (A charge special, Metal Mario will charge up something in his hand, then thrusting his arm forward, releasing a wave of shiny Silver liquid in the form of a projectile. Will do more damage and go faster depending on how long the button is held for. 8-16%)

Side + B: Metal Wave (Metal Mario will punch the ground, letting out a wave of Metal shards along the ground to deal damage. This move can either be used as a hold the side + B or Smash + B, the hold version being weaker but can be used to transition into combos as it knocks the opponent upwards, but the smash version is made to knock the opponent away horizontally and keep the opponent away. 10-18%)

Up + B: Steel Rocket (Metal Mario will perform an upward-lunging punch, in the same vein as Mario’s Super Jump Punch, only his goes a greater distance than the Super Jump Punch, as well as hitting harder, but only hitting once. With a helpless state and a long ending lag, this move is very high risk high reward. 15%)

Down + B: Diamond Hide (Metal Mario’s body will gleam bright for a brief moment, which will reflect damage back at the opponent, working as his own personal counter attack. This move’s timing is very pin-point, so it takes time to learn how to master. Deals 50% damage dealt during counter)

Final Smash is still debatable, especially on the front if he should be able to pick up items or a Smash Ball. Regardless, I wanna get some Metal Battle music back in Smash Goddammit. :p
Come on, Metal Mario is old news, this is the new and improved mecha Mario

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fail. Gold Mario has eyes. :troll:

Aside from that, Mario Kart 8 came after Mario Golf World Tour, meaning Pink Gold Peach is the hip new thing. :awesome:

EDIT: ALSO, it's been confirmed that Gold Mario is Mario. When Gold Mario gets a Double Bogey or worse, he gets hit with a Green Shell, turning him into normal Mario, like how Mario gets turned into Small Mario in his animation.
2:39

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't care that you're not advocating him for a playable character, this makes me want Metal Mario as a playable character.
Especially if he gets some of Doc's properties on the normal attacks. (F-Air and N-Air, mainly. I'd say F-Smash, but Metal needs the power fist from the original Smash)

EDIT: Maybe Final Smash is Metal Bros.?

Metal Bros sounds perfect actually, great idea! And to be honest, there was more to this than a simple special set...there was a full moveset:

Standard A Combo: 64 Combo + Iron Punch (13%, throws the same two punches as Mario before delivering another powerful punch to knock the opponent away)

Side + A: Steel Hook (An advancing hook punch, has good KO potential. 15%)

Up + A: Compression Kick (An upper-arch kick to knock the opponent into the air. 14%)

Down + A: Wrecking Ball (A powerful back-hand hook, knocking out the opponent’s balance and knocking them up into the air. 13%)

Dash Attack: Steel Bull (Lowers head and charges into the opponent head-first. Does good damage, but has a long ending lag. 15%)

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A: Silver Scissors (A pair of kicks in the air, the second hit knocking the opponent away. 16%)

Forward + A: Ebony Elbow (A powerful elbow smash that can Meteor smash the opponent if hit with direct contact. 18%)

Up + A: Double-Pistons (Holds legs up to chest then kicks both straight up into the air, acts as a powerful aerial KO move and his most prominent aerial KO move. 15%)

Backward + A: Stainless Heel (Will turn around mid-air and smash the opponent with his heel, his foot growing in size and getting armor frames. 16%)

Down + A: Ground Pound (Will fall towards the ground, crushing anyone beneath him and spiking them down to the ground. 18%)

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Metal Crush: (Will charge up a punch, release a lunging punch with a reinforced steel fist with a ton of Knockback and Super armor to boot. 29%)

Up Smash: Crystal Smash (Will punch the ground below him, a huge crystal, like the ones from his Smash 64 stage, will form from the ground and launch the opponent upward. 28%)

Down Smash: Metal Burst (Will jump up and smash both feet on the ground, causing a tremor around him to deal damage and knock opponents away. 27%)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grabs with both hands

Pummel: Headbutts the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Throws opponent head-first into the ground (10%)

Up Throw: Jumps and falls on opponent, knocking them upwards (12%)

Back Throw: Suplexes the opponent and flips off of them. (10%)

Down Throw: Throws the opponent on the ground and steps on them (9%)

And yup, I thought the power punch was needed to, since Metal Mario needs to hit like he's really weighted.

D

Deleted member

Metal Bros sounds perfect actually, great idea! And to be honest, there was more to this than a simple special set...there was a full moveset:

Standard A Combo: 64 Combo + Iron Punch (13%, throws the same two punches as Mario before delivering another powerful punch to knock the opponent away)

Side + A: Steel Hook (An advancing hook punch, has good KO potential. 15%)

Up + A: Compression Kick (An upper-arch kick to knock the opponent into the air. 14%)

Down + A: Wrecking Ball (A powerful back-hand hook, knocking out the opponent’s balance and knocking them up into the air. 13%)

Dash Attack: Steel Bull (Lowers head and charges into the opponent head-first. Does good damage, but has a long ending lag. 15%)

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A: Silver Scissors (A pair of kicks in the air, the second hit knocking the opponent away. 16%)

Forward + A: Ebony Elbow (A powerful elbow smash that can Meteor smash the opponent if hit with direct contact. 18%)

Up + A: Double-Pistons (Holds legs up to chest then kicks both straight up into the air, acts as a powerful aerial KO move and his most prominent aerial KO move. 15%)

Backward + A: Stainless Heel (Will turn around mid-air and smash the opponent with his heel, his foot growing in size and getting armor frames. 16%)

Down + A: Ground Pound (Will fall towards the ground, crushing anyone beneath him and spiking them down to the ground. 18%)

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Metal Crush: (Will charge up a punch, release a lunging punch with a reinforced steel fist with a ton of Knockback and Super armor to boot. 29%)

Up Smash: Crystal Smash (Will punch the ground below him, a huge crystal, like the ones from his Smash 64 stage, will form from the ground and launch the opponent upward. 28%)

Down Smash: Metal Burst (Will jump up and smash both feet on the ground, causing a tremor around him to deal damage and knock opponents away. 27%)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grabs with both hands

Pummel: Headbutts the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Throws opponent head-first into the ground (10%)

Up Throw: Jumps and falls on opponent, knocking them upwards (12%)

Back Throw: Suplexes the opponent and flips off of them. (10%)

Down Throw: Throws the opponent on the ground and steps on them (9%)

And yup, I thought the power punch was needed to, since Metal Mario needs to hit like he's really weighted.
Hot damn I would love to play this.
Now I'm disappointed it won't happen...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I hope the gold bonus in the 3DS Mario stage is the extent of mineral/metal coats in these games.

D

Deleted member

Please, pretty obvious that green platinum luigi and sapphire Rosalina will be the new thing in a few months, oh and don't forget "teenager Rosalina" for the next mario kart
One problem I have with the *insert color and metal* jokes is that none of them make sense.
There is such a thing called "pink gold".

In order: standard, pink gold/red gold/rose gold, white gold.

Technically, Metal Mario could be "White Gold Mario". :troll:

I hope the gold bonus in the 3DS Mario stage is the extent of mineral/metal coats in these games.
It's not.
There's also the Metal Box. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we did get some kind of alternate Mario, I'd still prefer Doctor Mario. Gotta have those Brightly Colored Pills. It would be cool to see the Viruses be used in some way. It might be a little similar to having Pac-Man using the Ghost. But separate Metal Mario would be a cool callback to Smash 64.

Emerald Luigi can join Mario Kart 8 though.

D

Deleted member

If we did get some kind of alternate Mario, I'd still prefer Doctor Mario. Gotta have those Brightly Colored Pills. It would be cool to see the Viruses be used in some way. It might be a little similar to having Pac-Man using the Ghost. But separate Metal Mario would be a cool callback to Smash 64.

Emerald Luigi can join Mario Kart 8 though.
As I mentioned earlier, we could have multiple versions of characters through alt costume dlc, each costume coming with a set of custom moves. Instead of his cape or fludd, Doctor Mario could use the viruses and pills. Some could argue just having character DLC, but if we're going to have completely new characters that are based off of existing characters, like Metal Mario, I just feel my idea would benefit the roster as whole better.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Tweaked mine. Put Jigglypuff in there. Put Marshel even though the leak says Chorus Men, and Robin instead of Chrom. I'd prefer Vaati to Ganon but he seemed like a better fit. 53 (56 with Miis) seems like too much to me, I think 52 is achievable though. The contents aside, I really like the organization. The top 3x14 fits together beautifully.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature

Care to say that again?

As far as newcomers go though, I would put Mewtwo, Mac, and Palutena WAY up there.
There is alot wrong with that statement.

Mac and Palutena, yes, they are confirmed, as newcomers already ( as said on the website )basically.

But I didn't even hear the idea of Mewtwo being in the game until, like yesterday. It is very unlikely that he will be in the game, otherwise their would be a lot more "notice" related to that idea.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Mac and Palutena, yes, they are confirmed, as newcomers already ( as said on the website )basically.

But I didn't even hear the idea of Mewtwo being in the game until, like yesterday. It is very unlikely that he will be in the game, otherwise their would be a lot more "notice" related to that idea.
How long ago did I post this?

And you must be pretty out of touch, because Mewtwo is the most popular candidate worldwide.
Sakurai even said himself that Mewtwo was being considered for the roster.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

But aside from that, good job replying to a post from 902 pages ago.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's already bad enough there's no enough room to include Medusa...
Idk who to Cut for Mewtwo everyone very much deserves a role (personally I say Falco, who, While Cool, is still very much a clone and I'm not interested in him at all Also FoxXWolf OTP)
And Chrom over Robin....ehhhhhhh, what does Chrom bring to the Field that we don't already have
What's he gonna do, MARRY ME TILL DEATH DO US PART?

View attachment 16887

Fine with the Chrous Men and the changing around tho
Cut Robin for Mewtwo, then the roster is golden

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Here's mine btw. I also wouldn't mind highly requested characters like Isaac and King K. Rool, I think they would make great additions. This is sort of my prediction/want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not putting Chorus Men into my roster until I see them. The leak wasn't definite on Lucas, by the way, so you can keep Lucas while believing in the leak.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
New prediction roster with polish on it:

Black & White icons are DLC characters.
Trade Dark Pit and Dixie for more interesting characters Medusa and K.Rool and I'd be perfectly happy with this Roster
I choose to say nothing about Sable seeing you're a big supporter and our next overlord cute, Sable is too
I very. VERY much doubt Jigglypuff will be DLC.
Dr Mario and Young Link are pointless, i guess Ivysaur was alright, wouldn't mind seeing her come back.
I guess Roy... is liked, that's pretty much it, I used Marth more, wasn't very interested in the same moves but with Fire.
Snake being DLC is understandable, Little Sad to see Lucas there though.
Also Wolf is way more interesting than Falco in terms of moveset but whaddya gonna do..

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Trade Dark Pit and Dixie for more interesting characters Medusa and K.Rool and I'd be perfectly happy with this Roster
I choose to say nothing about Sable seeing you're a big supporter and our next overlord cute, Sable is too
I very. VERY much doubt Jigglypuff will be DLC.
Dr Mario and Young Link are pointless, i guess Ivysaur was alright, wouldn't mind seeing her come back.
I guess Roy... is liked, that's pretty much it, I used Marth more, wasn't very interested in the same moves but with Fire.
Snake being DLC is understandable, Little Sad to see Lucas there though.
Also Wolf is way more interesting than Falco in terms of moveset but whaddya gonna do..
I choose Sable as my second revival character, since Daitouryou is pretty much out of the running and Diskun doesn't much potential, I think there's space for a second retro character.
And TBH I could remove Young Link and Ivysaur for two possible last-minute semi-clones, but I can't guess who they would be. (Going by merits though Alph, Blaziken, or Impa could be in).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Is it possible to make a 47-character Mario-only roster?

Maybe.
I think I can only get up to 32 characters on the Roster Maker. I need more icons of Power-Ups, Suits, alt forms etc., to make 47. I think it could be done anyway.

some are stretching it though lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom