• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
So guys I made a thing. This is m official roster wishlist/prediction. Basically everyone I expect, but with a few wish qualities in there such as Snake being in Robin being in, Chorus Men being as far away as possible, you get the idea. Also, I really want Mewtwo but I want Snake more so he's in the top of the grey/flexible DLC area (No specific characters on that for some franchises so I don't get ripped to shreds.

SSB4 with flex DLC Roster.png

Enjoy! Please don't kill me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So I was thinking about roster size a bit and I think I've realized something. I don't think Mii Fighters will actually have an icon on the character select screen, but will rather have a button elsewhere that opens up your list of Miis. I think this because they can't be playable online. I don't think Sakurai is going to just remove the Mii's icon from the CSS because it could cause layout problems and it won't look nice if everyone gets shifted around. So I think that on the top ribbon, the Mii Fighters will be an option you can select up there. That way for online battles, that part of the ribbon can just be disabled. For the 47 character CSS theory, this opens up one more precious slot and I think we all know the prime candidate for this slot.

My roster is Gematsu + Mewtwo. Miis have been isolated from the roster to reflect that they don't get their own icon on the CSS.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So guys I made a thing. This is m official roster wishlist/prediction. Basically everyone I expect, but with a few wish qualities in there such as Snake being in Robin being in, Chorus Men being as far away as possible, you get the idea. Also, I really want Mewtwo but I want Snake more so he's in the top of the grey/flexible DLC area (No specific characters on that for some franchises so I don't get ripped to shreds.

View attachment 16198

Enjoy! Please don't kill me.
This is automatically a good roster as there are no concessions to the Gematsu Leak. This is what I visualize to be the "Ideal" roster, and it is very similar to mine.
I think having Mewtwo is absolutely necessary, and is definitely worth the uneven 51 characters.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
THE GOKU CHARACTER SLOT IS WHERE THE DLC BUTTON IS TO GET TO THE DLC CHARACTERS WOULD BE!

The characters with the yellow borders will be unlockable characters. Green at the very bottom would be DLC (Replace them with any other character). Red borders are the people who I think will get cut. So in all we would have 50 characters, because the DLC Slot and the Random Slot.

I think Lucas is a toss up, and I could see either MewTwo or King K. Rool getting the boot instead. However I think whoever gets the boot will be DLC.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
THE GOKU CHARACTER SLOT IS WHERE THE DLC BUTTON IS TO GET TO THE DLC CHARACTERS WOULD BE!

The characters with the yellow borders will be unlockable characters. Green at the very bottom would be DLC (Replace them with any other character). Red borders are the people who I think will get cut. So in all we would have 50 characters, because the DLC Slot and the Random Slot.

I think Lucas is a toss up, and I could see either MewTwo or King K. Rool getting the boot instead. However I think whoever gets the boot will be DLC.

Obviously in that case the one to get the boot is Chorus Men.

Or the DLC newcomer, Goku :troll:

I'm so sorry.

Morbi

Scavenger
Since everyone is posting prediction rosters...

View attachment 16203

Here's mine! 51 characters, no Gematsu.
Have fun!
If I might inquire... why is Ghirahim on your prediction roster? Are you quite aware that he was only present in one Legend of Zelda title? However, I must commend you for your superior taste in character. If it was not for that one obscure and extremely unlikely choice, I would advocate for this roster. Just remove Ghrahim, okay?

Edit- I agree with Dr. Piccolo; add Vaati (a character with a chance) instead.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Kind of tired of seeing people bend over for the Gematsu Leaker aka Sal's source.

Even if the leak is/was probably accurate by this point, Why is it necessary to declare if as fact?

As the Ridley and Mewtwo fans have proven, Not in/out til official.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I might inquire... why is Ghirahim on your prediction roster? Are you quite aware that he was only present in one Legend of Zelda title? However, I must commend you for your superior taste in character. If it was not for that one obscure and extremely unlikely choice, I would advocate for this roster. Just remove Ghrahim, okay?

Edit- I agree with Dr. Piccolo; add Vaati (a character with a chance) instead.
It's funny because all the people who liked your post don't realize you're being facetious.

Morbi

Scavenger
Kind of tired of seeing people bend over for the Gematsu Leaker aka Sal's source.

Even if the leak is/was probably accurate by this point, Why is it necessary to declare if as fact?

As the Ridley and Mewtwo fans have proven, Not in/out til official.
Hypothetically (and objectively) speaking; if the leak is accurate, it would not be unnecessary to declare it as fact as it is absolute fact in that case. Therefore it is only reasonable that that notion is made apparent.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
999999/10 for not having the Gematsu leak. I also love how you taunt the Chorus Men with the Rhythm Wrestler.
It'd be 1000000/10 if it had Vaati :awesome:
Dude, you know why I will never add Vaati. Because Ghirahim is Vaati in disguise.

Also, yes, I added the Wrestler as a nod to Sal Romano, albeit in a mocking way. I see now that a character from the series is not out of the question; I just think Chorus Kid are not the way to go.

D

Deleted member

Amazing how some people can be so headstrong about it being fake at this point...

D

Deleted member

I'm really hoping Fox's voice gets changed for the final build because, man, it sounds worse than what he sounded like in Brawl (To me at least, I'm sure most of you didn't mind it)

Skip to 4:30

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I have a feeling there will be a X Nintendo Direct with Shulk announced at the beginning of the Direct..anyone else agree?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm really hoping Fox's voice gets changed for the final build because, man, it sounds worse than what he sounded like in Brawl (To me at least, I'm sure most of you didn't mind it)

Skip to 4:30
The way he said Landmaster just killed me. :joyful:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
So I was thinking about roster size a bit and I think I've realized something. I don't think Mii Fighters will actually have an icon on the character select screen, but will rather have a button elsewhere that opens up your list of Miis. I think this because they can't be playable online. I don't think Sakurai is going to just remove the Mii's icon from the CSS because it could cause layout problems and it won't look nice if everyone gets shifted around. So I think that on the top ribbon, the Mii Fighters will be an option you can select up there. That way for online battles, that part of the ribbon can just be disabled. For the 47 character CSS theory, this opens up one more precious slot and I think we all know the prime candidate for this slot.

My roster is Gematsu + Mewtwo. Miis have been isolated from the roster to reflect that they don't get their own icon on the CSS.
This is pretty much my theory now (particularly the part about the miis), though I'm on the fence about jiggs and or mewtwo (meaning if mewtwo is in, I don't think we get jiggs and if jiggs is in I don't think we get mewtwo), also I kind of feel like if Lucas or ness is cut, we would almost certainly be losing either falco or wolf.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Neo Fox sounds like Waluigi when using Fire Fox.

It'd be kinda sad if that was the same voice actor for Fox in the English version of Star Fox 64. (I saw someone on Youtube wondering as such)
Shinobu Satouchi will always be the voice of Smash Bros Fox in my eyes.

It also worries me that they might actually replace Ryo Horikawa with Captain Falcon's GX voice actor.

Alternate character voice choices pls. No replacing.

----

Last edited:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Ok, so yeah, I watched the E3 conference, and that section about SSB was interesting

First of all, they introduced the Miis as fighters in this installment. I understand that a lot of people wanted Mii's in SSB4, I thought that it would never happen. However, considering how well they done the Mii's, and the fact there are 3 variants of Mii fighter's AND customizable move sets, I actually warmed up to this idea.

I honestly has nothing to say about Palutena, due to how wanted she was and how viable it was to throw it in. Still very nice they added it, even thought I never played any Kid Icaarius game in my life.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
After E3, I'm even more sure that Snake has been cut from the game. Just throwing it out there because we already have a good third party lineup

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Oh yeah, Snake getting back in was sort of predicated on the theory where The Phantom Pain is a Wii U exclusive. Based on the wikipedia page, that didn't pan out. See ya, buddy.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
So, since I didn't hear any feedback about my roster last time I posted it, how do you guys like it?

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Cpt. Toad

DK
Diddy
K.Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Little Mac

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Charizard
Sceptile
Lucario
Greninja

Samus
Zamus
Ridley
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Marth
Ike
Roy
Lucina
Ness
Lucas

Olimar
Ice Climbers
ROB
Mii Fighters
Mr.G&W
Wii Fit Trainer

Villager
Shulk
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Pac-Man

Also, if anyone has the time, and the roster maker, could you make this into a roster, as my computer currently can't do that.
Take off Dark Pit and add a Falcon of the Captain variety and it'd be fine.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I personally think snake is back since there is no reason to cut him...
Except for lack of Nintendo support, three third parties already, and having not been shown at the most important events in Smash?

Yep, totally no reason to cut Snake.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Not gonna lie, I laughed so hard at Little Mac clapping with his Boxing Gloves on.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
My favorite character is not mentioned in the leak, therefore it must be fake!
For me, it's not who's not getting in, it's who is getting in. Chrom and Chorus Men seem so... bland. There are much better choices.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
For me, it's not who's not getting in, it's who is getting in. Chrom and Chorus Men seem so... bland. There are much better choices.
AND here we go again with people calling Chrom bland. I wonder how long it has been since this topic was brought up...
I completely understand Chrous man being "bland", though.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I want a drum based character. As a drummer, I would enjoy that so much. Why not replace Chorus men with whoever the drum character is from RH. If there isn't one, I'll make up my own and out him in all of my future rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom