• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Depends. Will Roy and Young Link return? Will we get Chrom?

---
God, I hope we don't get young link back. I personally think we shouldn't have toon link either. As for Roy, since he was so similar to Marth in Melee, I would like to see him as an alt. costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's assume Meta Knight's a lock to come back (I mean, he kind of is, with the Halberd and all). That'd leave us with Marth, Link, Ike, Toon Link, and Meta Knight. Let's assume Sal is right, for the sake of the argument. That'd give us Chrom and Shulk as well. Seven's not a bad number, especially if they all play differently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
7 Swordsmen? That's not really bad at all. Say the demo leak roster was right,"for the sake of the argument." 50 - 7. 43 fighers over 7 swordsmen. that's over 6 times the swordsmen amount. That was just to clarify some people here who say there are too many swordsmen.

D

Deleted member

Unlikeliness topic :

Will the remaining veterans (IC, MK, Wario, and Lucas) be revealed during the remaining days before E3 ?

D

Deleted member

Unlikeliness topic :

Will the remaining veterans (IC, MK, Wario, and Lucas) be revealed during the remaining days before E3 ?
Well, besides the direct, we've only ever gotten one character a week, typically once a month. So given we just got Ike and there are only two full weeks left till E3. I doubt we'll get anyone. Also you forgot a lot of characters: ROB, Mr. G&W, Ness, C. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Snake, Ganondorf, Falco, and Wolf.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Let's assume Meta Knight's a lock to come back (I mean, he kind of is, with the Halberd and all). That'd leave us with Marth, Link, Ike, Toon Link, and Meta Knight. Let's assume Sal is right, for the sake of the argument. That'd give us Chrom and Shulk as well. Seven's not a bad number, especially if they all play differently.
It just sucks that 3 of them would be from the same series that could potentially bring more diversity to the table. I'm sure a month past release I won't care much at all, it just seems a tad sad to me lol.

We only have 3 magic fighters in Zelda, Ness & Lucas (4 with Rosalina and Luma). It would've been nice to see once come from Fire Emblem. Or maybe even a Spear/Lance user that we don't have yet.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This hasn't been debunked yet if you can set aside the fact that it's Reggie :troll: :

No!
This can't be true! lel Toy Story

This Reggie leak seems hard to debunk at first because no other way has Reggie been this amazingly amazing in a game.

RE - EDIT :Wait Wait Wait,this area of the 3DS,it looks similar-OH MY GOD.

Isn't Sakurai's 3DS similar to this? The background area reminds me of Sakurai's placement from the direct. And that Mario figurine....it strikes a familiar memory,but I can't figure that out.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No!
This can't be true! lel Toy Story

This Reggie leak seems hard to debunk at first because no other way has Reggie been this amazingly amazing in a game,then you find the slanted right-side of the screen.
What do you mean by that last part, exactly?

andimidna

Smash Master
Swords!
100% confirmed: Link, Marth, Ike, Toon Link
80%-100% chance: Meta Knight, Chrom, Shulk
60%- 80% chance:
40%- 60% chance: Isaac, Ghirahim
20%- 40% chance: Takamaru
10%- 20% chance: Lucina
5%- 10% chance: Roy, Impa
Basically 1-0%: A bunch of Fire Emblem characters, Young Link, Lloyd Irving, Magnus, etc.
Can't think of any more...

(Sword characters: I don't think Anna or Robin would be sword-based, but I think Impa and Isaac would. It's possible that this might not be the case.)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Swords!
100% confirmed: Link, Marth, Ike, Toon Link
80%-100% chance: Meta Knight, Chrom, Shulk
60%- 80% chance:
40%- 60% chance: Isaac, Ghirahim
20%- 40% chance: Takamaru
10%- 20% chance: Lucina
5%- 10% chance: Roy, Impa
Basically 1-0%: A bunch of Fire Emblem characters, Young Link, Lloyd Irving, Magnus, etc.
Can't think of any more...

(Sword characters: I don't think Anna or Robin would be sword-based, but I think Impa would. It's possible that this might not be the case.)
Even though he doesn't use his sword that much, how does Isaac fit in your measurements?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ok a few questions.
1. If the Chorus Men were playable, do you agree it only makes sense that it's three of them?
2. (If yes to #1) Wouldn't it be hard to have 12 Chorus Men running around on the 3DS? As opposed to 8 Ice Climbers?

Then take a second to think again if it makes sense to have them playable.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Ok a few questions.
1. If the Chorus Men were playable, do you agree it only makes sense that it's three of them?
2. (If yes to #1) Wouldn't it be hard to have 12 Chorus Men running around on the 3DS? As opposed to 8 Ice Climbers?

Then take a second to think again if it makes sense to have them playable.
Good thing they were never going to be :troll:

Eh, if somehow they WERE in the game, I think it'd just be Marshal. The one guy. Not three of them.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So then you agree though, Chorus Men couldn't work.

As in you don't agree with the leak either.
It's possible that the leak was referring to a solo Marshall, and that it was a typo.

It's a fairly flimsy excuse, I think, but it's there.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Ok a few questions.
2. Wouldn't it be hard to have 12 Chorus Men running around on the 3DS? As opposed to 8 Ice Climbers?
1. I wouldn't have ever expected a trio. It seems like the kind of idea that would be scrapped during development. . .
2. ... for precisely this reason. I'm not sure about the processing power of the 3DS, but that seems like it would take a toll on the frame rate.

It's a neat concept, but I'm not sure why a rhythm based solo fighter wouldn't work just as well as, if not better than, a trio.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm kinda imagining the very likely scenario when Chorus Kids appear.

Well, I'll just be enjoying my Rhythm Heaven character that I wanted.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reggie in Smash? That would make me hate Smash even more if it were to happen. :urg:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They'd share one big hitbox. There. Problem solved.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I supported Rhythm Girl.
Always been a Karate Joe guy. (Still am, honestly.) But Chorus Kids is the one Rhythm Heaven rep I didn't know I wanted.

Well I have a bit of a history with them. DS was my first game, so naturally, I got stuck on their level for a while lol.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Not when, but if (and I emphasis the word 'if') the Gematsu leak is proven objectively true, beyond all reasonable doubt, and Marshall/Chorus Kids are introduced as playable characters...

...would the Rhythm Heaven character become the "R.O.B" of this generation in terms of initially-negative reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom