• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes,we are aware of the leak being disproven. But it's really fun to mess with it. :troll:

EDIT : And if I remembered correctly,wasn't Luigi close to DK in the first and third picture,but not the most recent (w/****ley :troll: )?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If this is fake, it's the better fake I have seen.
It's too well done, that they are making fakes about this fake. XD
I think that's because it's very easy to fake fakes of this fake because the fake is pretty basic and easy to work with.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Because it doesn't even resemble Ridley. It looks like...well it doesn't look like anything.

We already know these "leaks" are false anyway, this is yet another nail in the proverbial coffin.
You know why it's "fake"?

Because it's not Palutena. :troll:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Well yes, but my statement still stands as we know he has posted about 4 images in one day.
The ugly Ridley and the Pac-Man image may be from a different person however.
he only posted 3 pictures though, the original 2 than a 3rd that said that ridley playable game, the y picture and the other copy cat pictures ere not by him, he only posted 3 pictures, everything else is from different sources

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still kind of have doubts for Ridley,and I still will until I get to the Pyrosphere stage at Best Buy.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think that's because it's very easy to fake fakes of this fake because the fake is pretty basic and easy to work with.
This reminds me of a Pheonix Wright quote:
Only a foolish-looking fool
could be fooled by such a
foolish fool’s foolish dream.
It also sums up my opinion of the Ridley leak quite nicely:troll:

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I still kind of have doubts for Ridley,and I still will until I get to the Pyrosphere stage at Best Buy.
On the positive side, if Ridley turns out to be playable, or is revealed to be a boss and after release it is revealed in some spectacular way that he is actually playable after all, it could be the biggest hype moment in Smash history.
All these months of no direct confirmation could have just been the biggest and most prolonged build up to a character that has been one of the most obvious choices, and yet simultaneously deemed of the most "impossible."
Either that or an inexplicable and confusing build up to an awkward and disappointing boss reveal.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really hope that, if Stage Hazardley is revealed to an audience, there are boos in the crowd. No, really. Mindless applause would just reaffirm in the developers' minds that they did the right thing in that scenario, when in reality, the mindless applause would just be because "YAY, THINGS ARE BEING SHOWN!!"

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
On the positive side, if Ridley turns out to be playable, or is revealed to be a boss and after release it is revealed in some spectacular way that he is actually playable after all, it could be the biggest hype moment in Smash history.
All these months of no direct confirmation could have just been the biggest and most prolonged build up to a character that has been one of the most obvious choices, and yet simultaneously deemed of the most "impossible."
Either that or an inexplicable and confusing build up to an awkward and disappointing boss reveal.
Is there anyone that actually, genuinely is looking forward to fighting Bossley?

Not just to prove people wrong about his playability, but is hyped, HYPED about fighting a stage hazard?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really hope that, if Stage Hazardley is revealed to an audience, there are boos in the crowd. No, really. Mindless applause would just reaffirm in the developers' minds that they did the right thing in that scenario, when in reality, the mindless applause would just be because "YAY, THINGS ARE BEING SHOWN!!"
There aren't going to any booing, because expecting that implies humanity is smart.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
What if they tease a boss Ridley by showing him as a stage hazard? Then at the end of the trailer, Ridley actually fights and boom profit.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Yea, the best way to reveal that Ridley is playable is in a trailer.
At this point, isn't that like saying "The best way to grow an apple is by planting a seed"? All newcomers have gotten trailers.

Edit: Just saw the post above yours, nvm. Wish there was a delete button.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Is there anyone that actually, genuinely is looking forward to fighting Bossley?

Not just to prove people wrong about his playability, but is hyped, HYPED about fighting a stage hazard?
Ridley is one of my favorite Nintendo villains, if not my absolute, and has been since I first played Metroid Prime in 2002.
Because I like him so much, I just want to see him in the game, period. I was disappointed that he wasn't playable in Brawl, but I was still happy that he was in the game, in both Super and Meta forms, no less.
So, I was a little hyped.

This time around, my hype is conditional: if Roidley is my only option, I would rather he not even be in the game at all. Yes, I hate that stupid thing that much.
Roidley will kill my hype either way. Unless by some stroke of brilliance they can make him not hideous and awful.
If by some miracle the real Ridley is playable, I will be hyped out of my mind. If he is only a boss, I will be more relieved than hyped.
Basically I just don't want him to look stupid. If they truly can't make him playable size without looking silly, I would rather he just be a boss.
Melee sized Brawl Ridley in HD. No substitutes. I expect to be completely disappointed.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ridley is one of my favorite Nintendo villains, if not my absolute, and has been since I first played Metroid Prime in 2002.
Because I like him so much, I just want to see him in the game, period. I was disappointed that he wasn't playable in Brawl, but I was still happy that he was in the game, in both Super and Meta forms, no less.
So, I was a little hyped.

This time around, my hype is conditional: if Roidley is my only option, I would rather he not even be in the game at all. Yes, I hate that stupid thing that much.
Roidley will kill my hype either way. Unless by some stroke of brilliance they can make him not hideous and awful.
If by some miracle the real Ridley is playable, I will be hyped out of my mind. If he is only a boss, I will be more relieved than hyped.
Basically I just don't want him to look stupid. If they truly can't make him playable size without looking silly, I would rather he just be a boss.
Melee sized Brawl Ridley in HD. No substitutes. I expect to be completely disappointed.
The concept art is amazing IMO, by virtue of NOT being a steroid duck.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Concept Art for what? You should really add that before someone says "lolnoob that's project m art not ssb4 art lol."

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
There aren't going to any booing, because expecting that implies humanity is smart.
Polite, underwhelmed applause could speak louder than booing. Although I remember reading that utter silence with no applause is the highest honor an audience can give in Japanese culture.

I do prefer Manley to Roidley, so I think I could live with that. That's more or less what I expect. I still expect to be disappointed, but I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he'll look better in HD than I expect. Maybe I'll actually like the way he turns out.
On the plus side, Manley's fabulous stiletto heels could give Samus a run for her money.
Dem cheeks tho.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know you're being sarcastic, but it really is sad how many people actually think this. :/
Those people probably think FE will only be able to have 2 reps.

The rest are children on Miiverse.

Aeolia

Smash Cadet
If EarthBound can have two reps I really don't see what's so shocking about Fire Emblem getting 3.I don't like FE games but I love most of the character designs and enjoy using them in Smash.

D

Deleted member

If EarthBound can have two reps I really don't see what's so shocking about Fire Emblem getting 3.I don't like FE games but I love most of the character designs and enjoy using them in Smash.
I completely agree. Especially because they have had 2 since melee and starfox has three very similar characters in brawl.

D

Deleted member

How about an Earthbound/Mother character that does not use PSI powers? Like Duster or Jeff?
That would be pretty cool, I don't know how likely that is though. However, the fact that Earthbound finally got released on the virtual console last year definitely increases the chances.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
By certain logic, wouldn't that make him more beautiful? :awesome:

Well, said source material was likely found. It's a unique model/image likely based on Ridley-X from Metroid Fusion, though the head is ridiculously different.
(though this form of the sprite has no wings, use for comparison!)

PLEASE do not make my ears bleed.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Actually, I was thinking. With Ike confirmed, how many sword users would Smash 4 have overall?
Counting past sword users or only those in the game currently?

If we count Young Link and Roy and everyone else from past games into one we have 7 sword users.

These sword users include:

Link (X)
Ike (X)
Young Link
Toon Link (X)
Meta Knight
Marth (X)
Roy

The X's count how many sword users we have now.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Sorry, I couldn't resist. XD

Anyway, I'd love to see a third Mother rep... how about Porky Minch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom