• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
[Words of agreement from every competitive Melee player sound in the distance]
Admittedly, Fox and Falco are probably my favorite top tiers in any fighting game. They're fun to use and watch (for the most part) lol.

Meta Knight is just boring.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If he is changed to be more like Fox, he should at least keep his kicking Reflector.
That's actually my biggest beef with Brawl Falco lol. I loved his shine in Melee, such a good move for set ups. His shine is in Brawl is just a poking tool.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Again, Meta Knight may have been overpowered in Brawl, but he is an important and popular Nintendo character. He's worth the time and effort of nerfing. Also, referring to Brawl's priority list, he was the most prioritized newcomer next to Wario. Cutting him is unlikely since he is likely a high priority character again. Also important to mention...
View attachment 14382
An image Sakurai drew during very early development of Smash 4.
I would think all of the characters included were being worked on at the time, or at the very least planned to be in the game. A character like Meta Knight has no way of being cut from the get go, and being high priority I doubt time constraints would hurt him at all. Factor Halberd's return into that and you have a character with virtually no chance of being cut.
Looking at that artwork, I absolutely love Sakurai's style. It's adorable and extremely well done. Also, looking at it here, but it made me realize it's incredibly similar to the artwork of the character in the original Smash Bros. 64's instruction booklet. Did Sakurai draw all those character portraits back then? If so, that's pretty nifty!

Morbi

Scavenger

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
My opinion on Meta Knight's alleged omission doesn't fit well in the context of Meta Knight's omission? Wat?
Well, looking at the definition, perturbed describes a slightly more agitated, anxious type of disturbance, which I'm not sure applies.

EDIT: eh, on second thought I guess it does make sense... forget I said anything xD

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I doubt it, those art styles are completely different in my opinion.
Maybe. A person's art style does develop over time, but the simplistic arms, legs, and faces seem similar to me, especially Luigi. Wish I knew of a way to find out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So,by looking at our hypothesis(es?),I can try to guess for what we want.

Meta Knight should probably be in between middle and light weight. He should be less fragile for his nerf. And his attack style wouldn't do much damage in one hit,however. Meta Knight is known from the last game as a swift,fast character who could land multiple hits. From how I saw it,he was more in control of his power in the air. So,he's basically the Anti-Little Mac? I think we found his rival. Well,Doc did say in the trailer the punch is mighter than the sword. Does Meta-Knight have a sword? Of course he does.

Any questions? No? Ridicules and negative judgements? Yeah,I can expect a lot of those.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
How would you guys react if this was the Assist Trophy line-up?

As long as they keep the D-Air for Falco back, I'll be happy.
I'd say Bowser Jr. would be a boss with his mechs more than an assist trophy, otherwise this is good...except for Andy. He deserves better!

Loving the Muddy Mole and Nabbit recognition though.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Well, other than the fact that I think a decent number of those still have legitimate chances to become playable... looks good.

EDIT: but it would make more sense to just keep generic advance wars troops instead of Andy in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I'd change a couple of things, personally.

Isaac to Matthew
Prince Richard to Prince Sable
No Paper Mario. Maybe Kamek instead?
I'd be sad about Bandana Dee, but he makes sense.
I'd cut Alph altogether. How about the Plasm Wraith instead?
Doshin would be weird, but I'd like it.
I think Dark Pit will probably be a recolor...
What would Ayumi even do?
Maybe give us Tails instead of Shadow for our Sonic Assist this time?
Tiki over Tharja, please.

Pretty good, but I'd honestly be a little disappointed if this was the final AT roster.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Well first off I'd be dissapointed that Issac and Anna weren't playable
And Second off I'd point out how C.TV Ga-PONG, really could use a different background.

But other than that I am fine with that Assist Roster.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Admittedly, Fox and Falco are probably my favorite top tiers in any fighting game. They're fun to use and watch (for the most part) lol.

Meta Knight is just boring.
Best avatar, only second to mine!

Needs someone from Yoshi. If Kamek is a smash run enemy, maybe Raphael Raven?

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't worry. Ganon's playable in their place :awesome:
Okay, I feel much better. False alarm, it was just heart burn. Actually Ghirahim and Tingle as assist trophies would make me very happy. I feel as though Legend of Zelda should more thoroughly saturate everything in Smash.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I'm completely fine with that. There's never been a particular AT that I really wanted to see in a Smash game, but you have some interesting choices.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He did?
What about Pak E. Derm?

As much as I would love to see Stork in some form, I don't think he's happening as an AT.
Pak E Derm should return as a background character in the Yoshi's Story stage. Since we know Melee stages are back, anyways.

Stork would be cool too but I have no idea what he would do as an assist.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pak E. Derm would be awesome. Just trolling everyone by getting in their way.
So,place him where-ever,and he won't let anybody under or above him pass?

Yes. Yes. 10/10 would use again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For a Yoshi AT,why not the final form of Baby Bowser from the SNES version? It would be similar to Andross,except for two feats :

1.He targets,then throws his big fireball

2. All go individually based on how many characters there are (2 opponents? 2 fireballs for each of them)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As long as:
:falco::popo::marth::metaknight::snake:
Get nerfs then I'm ok. Although I'd rather see some characters buffed before that.
I really really really want to use:
:mario2::sonic::pt::bowser2::ike::ganondorf::dk2::samus2:
but alas they aren't the best. No where near it either. It's always my favorites!

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You know what i've always wondered? Why did Sakurai pick Elec-man out if all the robot masters for assist trophy status? I mean, he looks great for where he is, but I wonder why he picked him specifically.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Meta Knight felt so great in Brawl, it'd be a shame if he was nerfed with lag or shortened duration of attack. Maybe removing that transcendent priority for some of his attacks would do the trick?
My guess is he is being changed A LOT, moves getting nerfed is for sure, not to mention no more gliding.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
As long as:
:falco::popo::marth::metaknight::snake:
Get nerfs then I'm ok. Although I'd rather see some characters buffed before that.
I really really really want to use:
:mario2::sonic::pt::bowser2::ike::ganondorf::dk2::samus2:
but alas they aren't the best. No where near it either. It's always my favorites!
Well PT is disconfirmed basically, I mean, Ivysaur and Squirtle could come back but whatever.

EDIT: on the subject of Elecman, he's probably just Sakurai's favorite or something.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know what i've always wondered? Why did Sakurai pick Elec-man out if all the robot masters for assist trophy status? I mean, he looks great for where he is, but I wonder why he picked him specifically.
Maybe hopefully there are multiple Assists for third party franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom