• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
That may be true, but it's still just an estimation; an attempted projection based on logic. Before Brawl was released, I doubt many people would have assumed the Super Mario franchise would LOSE a representative. And those who did would have been mocked, because it didn't fit into the idealistic point of view as seen by the community. It's well possible that we could be wrong again. You're correct in saying that it's based on logic, but where we don't know how the roster slots are being chosen, our logic can be faulty, because we can be misreading the situation.

That being said, I agree that dismissing the concept entirely, or at all, is asinine. It indeed does make sense, but we need to embrace the possibility that logical outcomes and reality don't always overlap.
Really? :drohmy: i remenber that most people that were expecting character cuts said that Dr Mario was going to leave:drifloon: (in general most people weren't expecting any character cut:drshrug:)

Niala

Smash Ace
Mhm, exactly. Most people didn't expect a character cut, yet there was. And those who did may have guessed right, but I bet even a good majority of them expected a replacement of some sort, which would have meant the amount of reps would have remained the same, instead of diminishing.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is despite the fact that, even in Brawl, Pokemon and the Legend of Zelda had more characters? That's absurd. And don't give me any of that "transformations don't count" stuff. They do, simple as that. :p
But it doesn't matter anymore, transformations are GONE!!!
Pokemon Trainer counts as 3 separate characters.
Yes, but transformations are GONE now

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But it doesn't matter anymore, transformations are GONE!!!

Yes, but transformations are GONE now
Yep.

And there were six Pokemon characters in Brawl.

There's a fair chance it will happen again.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No, no, you misunderstand, Pokemon and Zelda can only have more characters than Mario if the Slots Nuts can't physically see their presence. You could have every f**king one of the 700+ Pokemon playable in the game, but so long as they were packaged up with one Trainer, these Slots Nuts wouldn't bat an eye, because "transformations are IN."

If Pokemon or Zelda gets one single character more than Mario on the Character Select Screen? The Slots Nuts all drop dead, as though Sakurai programmed a Basilisk into the game.

[Insert image of Basilisk here]

And also, puppies.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, no, you misunderstand, Pokemon and Zelda can only have more characters than Mario if the Slots Nuts can't physically see their presence. You could have every f**king one of the 700+ Pokemon playable in the game, but so long as they were packaged up with one Trainer, these Slots Nuts wouldn't bat an eye, because "transformations are IN."

If Pokemon or Zelda gets one single character more than Mario on the Character Select Screen? The Slots Nuts all drop dead, as though Sakurai programmed a Basilisk into the game.

And also, puppies.
Um... Aren't pictures like that not allowed in this thread?

And aren't you a moderator?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Um... Aren't pictures like that not allowed in this thread?

And aren't you a moderator?
Last I checked, it was GIFs that were banned. If another mod reminds me otherwise, I shall remove my image.

EDIT: Yep, "No images!"

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

And also, puppies.
Ironically, I would actually like playing as the Basilisk.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He can NOT. BE. DOWNSIZED. It wouldn't look right, it wouldn't work.
The obvious solution is to replace the basilisk with Serperior. Serperior would be a unique character who's fairly popular, relevant, and is a moderately sized character, and, above all, completes a pattern. Total shoo in now.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
-The word Basilisk can also be used to describe certain kinds of lizards.

-A Green Basilisk looks like this.

-There's a certain Hoenn Pokemon that slightly resembles the Green Basilisk.

It all makes sense now.

----

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
-The word Basilisk can also be used to describe certain kinds of lizards.

-A Green Basilisk looks like this.

-There's a certain Hoenn Pokemon that slightly resembles the Green Basilisk.

It all makes sense now.

----
...Well shoot, we walked into that one...

Morbi

Scavenger

[Insert image of Basilisk here]

And also, puppies.
I would love to see one of the slot purveyors assert that Pokemon Trainer with 700 playable Pokemon is only one character. Let me get my Kodak.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Chamber of Secrets: Big as s***
Prisoner of Azkaban: Big as s***

And so on...
You can't fool me, the Basilisk wasn't in Prisoner of Azkaban.

Come to think of it, he stopped appearing after Chamber of Secrets. He's irrelevant. Let Nagini take his place, since she appeared more recently.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
You can't fool me, the Basilisk wasn't in Prisoner of Azkaban.

Come to think of it, he stopped appearing after Chamber of Secrets. He's irrelevant. Let Nagini take his place, since she appeared more recently.
You don't even need to re-size her; also her role as a horcrux makes her more prominent than most other Harry Potter characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Let's talk about Fire Emblem.

Shulk is my favorite Lord.
Chorus Men are the best lords.

On a serious note, we haven't talked Fire Emblem in a very long time.
It seems like most of us have settled on Chrom whether we like it or not except for those Robin hipsters.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Chorus Men are the best lords.

On a serious note, we haven't talked Fire Emblem in a very long time.
It seems like most of us have settled on Chrom whether we like it or not except for those Robin hipsters.
Oh, you're talking about me?

And no, I haven't settled for Chrom yet. I don't believe that he is some inevitability. And I do believe Robin has a fair chance at getting on the roster.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. perhaps, but his exclusion from Mario Kart 8 is only negated by his inclusion for Mario Golf: World Tour.
I'm a little upset that Junior's chances are basically 0%. I think he'd make a really interesting character with his brush and all. His lack of an appearance in MK8 is just another helping of disappointment.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

And no, I haven't settled for Chrom yet. I don't believe that he is some inevitability. And I do believe Robin has a fair chance at getting on the roster.
You're one of them, yes.

But I agree, Robin definitely has a fair shot. I was just kidding around.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The day I settle with Chrom is the day I love sauerkraut.

Because it's absolutely disgraceful how anyone like that can slip by while much more interesting stuff is shoved to the side, and all because of ****ing philosophy horsecrap.

Morbi

Scavenger

Same. I don't even think that the Robin supporters are hipsters, I mean, some people support secondary characters from Fire Emblem, believe it or not.

Maybe not, but at least he's not entirely forgotten.
That is true; and I suppose that is all that is relevant.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm a little upset that Junior's chances are basically 0%. I think he'd make a really interesting character with his brush and all. His lack of an appearance in MK8 is just another helping of disappointment.
In the end, all that really matters are his mainstream purposes.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Same. I don't even think that the Robin supporters are hipsters, I mean, some people support secondary characters from Fire Emblem, believe it or not.
I do find that a bit odd. I think a series like Fire Emblem really should only have main characters playable. So seeing people support characters like Lucina strikes me as somewhat questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom