• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
And certain people are quick to KEEP starting them back up when no one wants them to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would love to be that enthusiastic person, but I am intimidated by the torrent of Chroms, Chorus Men, Pacmans, Miis, and other inevitabilities.
Tell me, what's your problem with Chorus Men?
Is it because you didn't expect them?
Because they can be really unique and interesting, represent a relatively big Nintendo franchise, and bring a rhythm based moveset to the table.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because they can be really unique and interesting, represent a relatively big Nintendo franchise, and bring a rhythm based moveset to the table.
No, because I am an anti-conformist who doesn't believe leaks.

If we get a Rhythm Heaven character, this should be the one

Preferably both of them

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
And certain people are quick to KEEP starting them back up when no one wants them to.
Yeah, a floating head ain't anything interesting or awesome.

I don't agree about them being interesting. I find the idea of them boring.

Morbi

Scavenger
My problem? They are generic; aesthetically, name-wise, and they represent an overall redundant concept of mashing multiple characters into one. I honestly want to see them in action though, if Sakurai selected them over other feasible, more prominent, and more desirable characters, he has something up his sleeve.

D

Deleted member

No, you're here to act like a hipster and shove random characters down people's throats.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
My problem? They are generic; aesthetically, name-wise, and they represent an overall redundant concept of mashing multiple characters into one..
Actually, this is a much better summary of my opinion of them.

You're right, good luck to you all then.
I'm only here to help progress speculation here by expanding upon other choices.
We could talk about Prince Sable's hypothetical Final Smash, win quotes and music he would bring to the table.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm getting extremely tired of people bashing on characters.

@ Kenith Kenith
Wrestler is just as important as Chorus Men, if not slightly less so, as Chorus Men's influence is seen in Marshal's character model. And have you played a Rhythm Heaven game, out of curiosity? I'm curious to see how many people have actually played the game before calling the Chorus Men "boring" or "lame".

No, you're here to act like a hipster and shove random characters down people's throats.
"BluePikmin11 likes this"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, I didn't realize that was aimed at BluePikmin.

I thought it was aimed at a certain somebody who supports a certain second Sonic character.
.....you do realize I support that certain second Sonic character as well, right?
I'm just more realistic about the odds.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
.....you do realize I support that certain second Sonic character as well, right?
I'm just more realistic about the odds.
...You like characters who vaguely or closely resemble pre-existing characters. Dr. Mario, Waluigi, a certain second Sonic character.

Also, it's not nearly as bad as the Segtendo propaganda. That is, however, where I will leave it.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Is it bad to like semiclones?
I like Luigi. Sue me.

I would love to see a world where everyone can just support who they want without having characters shoved down their throats or being penalized for the ones they like.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Is it bad to like semiclones?
I like Luigi. Sue me.

I would love to see a world where everyone can just support who they want without having characters shoved down their throats or being penalized for the ones they like.
But you're a horrible person for supporting the Chorus Men!1!! DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE, FIEND!

This forum is my country and everyone is forbidden to disagree with me when I say the Chorus Men sucks. It's the law, suckas. Supporting the Chorus Men will result in infractions and ultimately bans.

Nah, just kidding.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We could talk about Prince Sable's hypothetical Final Smash, win quotes and music he would bring to the table.
Igari-Z should definitely be his Final Smash, as it is one of the only ideas that seem very fitting for a FS, unexceptably summoning a Nantendo-built robot to destroy opponents.
Win quotes could involve Japanese speaking since the game is Japan only, I don't know any particular quotes he could bring though.
There's plenty of tracks I would to see from the game, many of them such as the catchy Prince's Adventure, Hop Hop Springs, Credits Roll, Port Saltwater, Pudding Town, Final Battle. It's partially the reason I want him so badly to be the second one revived by Sakurai.

The point is, Chorus Men/Marshall whatever, doesn't appeal to me, partially because their inclusion makes little sense to me.
I'm still pretty skeptical about the possible reasons for their inclusion, but since it has good popularity like Mother and Xenoblade, it guess it kinda makes sense.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The point is, Chorus Men/Marshall whatever, doesn't appeal to me, partially because their inclusion makes little sense to me.
How the...

Rhythm Heaven has 3 games, not even counting the ones in arcade.

That's as much as Mother, which has 2 characters and sells like crap.

So explain, please. Why doesn't a Rhythm Heaven character make sense? Because you don't like it? Seems like a running them with you and characters you dislike.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
-image removed-
Chorus Men? This is who we are talking about, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How the...
So explain, please. Why doesn't a Rhythm Heaven character make sense? Because you don't like it? Seems like a running them with you and characters you dislike.
You don't understand. I don't like them because I can't say one bad thing about them without someone criticizing for it, just like this.

I doubt any of you would think they stood a chance if not for the "leak".

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know, I didn't realize that was aimed at BluePikmin.

I thought it was aimed at a certain somebody who supports a certain second Sonic character.
If you're talking about me, then I must not have made clear that I am a "shameful" Shadow supporter, and that's saying a lot. As it is now, Sonic "most likely" won't be bringing any friends along no matter how much I want it.

D

Deleted member

How the...

......as a Rhythm Heaven fan, I'm going to tell you that you're out of line.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How the...

Because Mother has protagonists?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Rhythm Heaven had a more conventional character choice, much fewer people would be complaining about it.

But the series does merit a character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You don't understand. I don't like them because I can't say one bad thing about them without someone criticizing for it, just like this.

I doubt any of you would think they stood a chance if not for the "leak".
First of all, I'm asking you why they don't make sense. And before that I asked you if you've even payed a Rhythm Heaven game. I'm still eagerly waiting for both responses.

Second, I believe that you hate this so called "leak" because of Pac-Man and Miis. I'm sure you'd be fine and dandy with it if they were never included. And please explain to me the pure luck of predicting both Wii Fit Trainer and Villager for E3.

Lastly, I simply love the idea. The leak brought it to my attention, but the concept is phenomenal in my eyes, bringing new mechanics to he table and coming from a franchise that I adore. It being from the leak is irrelevant: I may not have thought of the idea beforehand, but I'm in love with it now, and that's all that matters at this point.

......as a Rhythm Heaven fan, I'm going to tell you that you're out of line.
Rhythm Tengoku
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Am I missing anything? I know that there is an arcade iteration.

And Mother doesn't deserve two characters, if that what you're referring to, especially when compared to other series currently represented.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
First of all, I'm asking you why they don't make sense. And before that I asked you if you've even payed a Rhythm Heaven game. I'm still eagerly waiting for both responses.

Second, I believe that you hate this so called "leak" because of Pac-Man and Miis. I'm sure you'd be fine and dandy with it if they were never included. And please explain to me the pure luck of predicting both Wii Fit Trainer and Villager for E3.

Lastly, I simply love the idea. The leak brought it to my attention, but the concept is phenomenal in my eyes, bringing new mechanics to he table and coming from a franchise that I adore. It being from the leak is irrelevant: I may not have thought of the idea beforehand, but I'm in love with it now, and that's all that matters at this point.
I just find it ironic that you call me biased for not believing the leak and also not liking it's characters, when you love it's characters and do believe it.

And to answer your question, I have incredibly limited experience with Rhythm Heaven; I only know of the Wrestler.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How the...

Woah, Rhythm heaven, had an arcade? That's very interesting.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I just find it ironic that you call me biased for not believing the leak and also not liking it's characters, when you love it's characters and do believe it.

And to answer your question, I have incredibly limited experience with Rhythm Heaven; I only know of the Wrestler.
I don't love Miis or Pac-Man. I can tolerate them and understand their inclusion but overall I'm not incredibly keen on the idea.
@ Louie G. Louie G.

Knock it off.
You're being an aggressive fanboy for no damn good reason.
I didn't really realize that, and I'm sorry for anyone that was a recipient of my anger (AKA Kenith).

I'm just getting ticked off in response to people hating on "a" because it isn't "b" or as predictable as "c".

D

Deleted member

Rhythm Tengoku
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Am I missing anything? I know that there is an arcade iteration.

And Mother doesn't deserve two characters, if that what you're referring to, especially when compared to other series currently represented.
What I'm referring to is your aggressive nature just because someone doesn't care for the Chorus Kids.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's not get too heated here.

I'm surprised that people hate the idea of the Chorus Men more than the Miis.
I think part of it is that many people have already resigned themselves to the fact we're probably going to be getting Mii, and they've gotten used to the idea even if they're not a fan of it, while Chorus Men is a newer and less inevitable notion to wrap your head around.

If WFT was yet to be revealed but was on Sal's list, she'd get a lot of hate too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom