• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I guess Bowser is a newcomer as well
Bowser still has the same b moves? OMG LOL what im trying to say is GANON WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN CAPTAIN FALCON ALL THE WAY BECAUSE OF CUSTOM MOVE SETS BEING IN THE GAME. XD sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
most of the brawl series didn't have much of an antagonist even now so far the list is filled with only heroes no villains except bowser I think. Since the bosses are being played in the stages. its possible to have less villians as playable in my opinion.
King Dedede.

Also, an alternative explanation for why we haven't seen many villains is that most of the few villains we have are typically secret characters, and thus are less of a priority to be revealed over others.

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
Bowser still has the same b moves? OMG LOL what im trying to say is GANON WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN CAPTAIN FALCON ALL THE WAY BECAUSE OF CUSTOM MOVE SETS BEING IN THE GAME. XD sorry for my bad English.
hahaha we get what you're trying to say man. Were just trying to give you a hard time lol

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
So, you're saying if they change Ganondorf's move set, which they've pretty much done to some degree with every other veteran at this point, he'll be counted as a newcomer?
changing ganondorf every b move is not the ganondorf char u know in brawl/melee. lol

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
changing ganondorf every b move is not the ganondorf char u know in brawl/melee. lol
Does that mean Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, and Charizard are newcomers? They all got significant changes to their B moves.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean Zelda, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, and Charizard are newcomers? They all got significant changes to their B moves.
I think ur still misunderstanding lol, those 6 char are still similar to what they were in brawl. Example: Zelda still has the 3 b moves she had in brawl. Even Charizard still has same b moves so far it seems. Btw these are significant changes to their b moves. Most of their moves are still their from brawl. lol so their not brand new.

AND BTW GAWD IM FIXIN THIS RIGHT NOW IM TALKING ABOUT TOON GANON. the reason why they added toon link even though its a clone of link.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think ur still misunderstanding lol, those 6 char are still similar to what they were in brawl. Example: Zelda still has the 3 b moves she had in brawl. Even Charizard still has same b moves so far it seems. Btw these are significant changes to their b moves. Most of their moves are still their from brawl. lol so their not brand new.

AND BTW GAWD IM FIXIN THIS RIGHT NOW IM TALKING ABOUT TOON GANON. the reason why they added toon link even though its a clone of link.
So, you're suggesting they replace Ganondorf with Toon Ganondorf?

...Why would they do that? I mean, why not just keep the regular Ganondorf and fix him up a bit? What reason is there to make him the Toon version when the Toon version isn't as important as the regular one?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

...Why would they do that? I mean, why not just keep the regular Ganondorf and fix him up a bit? What reason is there to make him the Toon version when the Toon version isn't as important as the regular one?
I think Toon Ganondorf could be an alternate suit for Ganondorf

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The only thing I can see getting changed with Ganondorf is a few of his specials. He might get dead man's volley (down-b replaces wizards foot), His up-b may get replaced by something else as well (Some kind of levitation, some kind of teleport? Just spitballing.) and maybe some stuff with a sword for his tilts. He's actually very differentiated from Falcon, all he really needs are some status changes and stat improvements and then hes all good. Oh ya, get rid of that up-tilt, its pretty garbage and impossible to land (harder than warlock punch)

I doubt they need to replace him with toon Ganondorf, the alt costume thing could work. Im not really sure on his body proportions, but I could see it i suppose.

He hasn't been revealed yet for a very good reason, which I believe hes getting some kind of rework to his moveset or abilities. He's one of the highest priorities to get reworked a little bit, IMO, along with Falco a little bit more (mainly just his specials as well.)

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

Fix what with Brawl Ganon. Let me hear your suggestion.

The reason I said it because I don't know how many times Ive said this already lol, because captain falcon can customize his moves (such as making them all slower) which can make captain falcon become brawl/ melee version of ganon.

I think Toon Ganondorf could be an alternate suit for Ganondorf
I doubt it cuz that would effect his size in game. "hitbox"

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fix what with Brawl Ganon. Let me hear your suggestion.

The reason I said it because I don't know how many times Ive said this already lol, because captain falcon can customize his moves (such as making them all slower) which can make captain falcon become brawl/ melee version of ganon.
Why not just give regular Ganondorf some new specials? Like Dead Man's Volley for a neutral special, maybe some energy waves for a down special... There's a ton of stuff Ganondorf does in the games that could be used for a unique move set. So why not just fix him up with some of those abilities instead of completely replacing him with Toon Ganondorf?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Why not just give regular Ganondorf some new specials? Like Dead Man's Volley for a neutral special, maybe some energy waves for a down special... There's a ton of stuff Ganondorf does in the games that could be used for a unique move set. So why not just fix him up with some of those abilities instead of completely replacing him with Toon Ganondorf?
Im trying to solve the puzzle on sakurai which I Highly doubt I can solve.

1. Sakurai mentioned that he desire to have more of distinct roster and not "LOOK" so clonish.

2. Im trying to wonder why he added toon link with the same exact b moves that link has. I mean we have Custom move sets now if people wants to play toon link version. Im trying to say that he may have added toon link (as one of the reasons) because he wants to add toon ganon that carries two swords.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I always liked the idea of Dead Man's Volley for B, his homing shots from Ocarina of Time as his Side B, the Earthquake punch as his Down B and then a generic dash or even the Dark Dive as his Up B.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Im trying to solve the puzzle on sakurai which I Highly doubt I can solve.

1. Sakurai mentioned that he desire to have more of distinct roster and not "LOOK" so clonish.

2. Im trying to wonder why he added toon link with the same exact b moves that link has. I mean we have Custom move sets now if people wants to play toon link version. Im trying to say that he may have added toon link (as one of the reasons) because he wants to add toon ganon that carries two swords.
I don't think that logic quite holds up. We got Toon Link on his own in Brawl, without Toon Ganondorf. And from what I've heard, the reason we have Toon Link is because Sakurai feels it's important to have a younger Link there. Besides, I doubt we'll be able to customize regular Link into Toon Link, they still have different heights and speed to take into account.

And, again, regular Ganondorf can be de-cloned. He doesn't have to be made into a Toon character to be unique.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that logic quite holds up. We got Toon Link on his own in Brawl, without Toon Ganondorf. And from what I've heard, the reason we have Toon Link is because Sakurai feels it's important to have a younger Link there. Besides, I doubt we'll be able to customize regular Link into Toon Link, they still have different heights and speed to take into account.

And, again, regular Ganondorf can be de-cloned. He doesn't have to be made into a Toon character to be unique.
We got toon link in brawl, that's when sakurai was adding somewhat bunch of clonish char he was trying to make the roster bigger looking and a reason why he added jigglypuff in brawl instead of cutting her.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We got toon link in brawl, that's when sakurai was adding somewhat bunch of clonish char he was trying to make the roster bigger looking and a reason why he added jigglypuff in brawl instead of cutting her.
Jigglypuff isn't a clone...

And that still doesn't answer the question of why not just fix regular Ganondorf instead of completely changing him into his Toon form.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff isn't a clone...

And that still doesn't answer the question of why not just fix regular Ganondorf instead of completely changing him into his Toon form.
I wasn't saying jigglypuff is a clone. Im talking about why jigglypuff made it in brawl because sakurai said it himself to make the roster look bigger.

Lately sakurai seems to be doing a lot of weird things coming to newcomer topic.
Example: Greninja who would've guessed? instead of mewtwo which everybody is thinking most likely. it ended up being greninja?
Wii fit trainer? HOW COULD U EVEN? lol

so toon ganon is highly likely in my opinion because of sakurai weirdness and supriseness. lol :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
My new prediction roster.

I think Chorus Boys or Marshall from Rhythm Heaven could take Krystal, or Bayonettas Spot, since I believe in that rumor.
The Chorus boys probably won't replace Krystal, if by sheer miracle they come in, they'll replace Bayonetta. If even more luck we get another SEGA character, it's Tails

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
My new prediction roster.

I think Chorus Boys or Marshall from Rhythm Heaven could take Krystal, or Bayonettas Spot, since I believe in that rumor.
So, you're predicting Bayonetta? What's your reasoning behind that?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
So, you're predicting Bayonetta? What's your reasoning behind that?
At least I had my reasons for predicting all those char lol. :)
But ye we would love to hear your reasons for bayonetta being in

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you think of the unconfirmed characters of the leak?
Pac-Man: Meh. I feel he's iconic enough to warrant a guest role, and I'm willing to defend him, but he doesn't interest me personally. Then again, neither did Mega Man...

Mii: Meh. I will defend them, but they don't interest me.

Chrom: Only thing that interests me is to see how Sakurai would handle him since I'm sick and tired of all the ******** and whining between Chrom supporters and Chrom detractors.

Palutena: Hades interests me more, but I know Palutena is the most warranted.

Shulk: Doesn't really interest me. At most will get a "cool" out of me unless his moves pop out as something I got to try out.

Chorus Kids: I will be happy that Rhythm Heaven has a character and would love to see how they work, but I hold slight distaste over them since they aren't Wrestler....

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Let me say this really quick since people started talking about Toon Ganondorf:

It just isn't the same as Toon Link. Ganondorf is the same person in Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, AND Twilight Princess. Link and Zelda are different people in all those games. I'm not saying that this makes him impossible, but it should be acknowledged.

Even Sheik is a completely different person than Zelda in this game as Zelda is Twilight Princess era Zelda while Sheik is Ocarina of Time era Zelda.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
^Well, what about Dr. Mario, or Paper Mario?

Do you believe they have lower chances because of that?

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
I think it would be really strange if Sakurai revealed all the Mario reps so early. I'm sure another newcomer is being kept secret.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I think it would be really strange if Sakurai revealed all the Mario reps so early. I'm sure another newcomer is being kept secret.

LIKE THIS GUY MAYBE?!
Petey Piranha is the best and only answer for a Mario newcomer(King Boo is pretty cool as well).

D

Deleted member

Dr. Mario + Alt costume = Will not happen unless costumes are more than aesthetic.

EDIT: Another Mario Newcomer possibly being hidden?
It's obviously Metal Mario. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...I just want Toad or Bowser Jr. for a 6th Mario character...

And I don't want Dr. Mario as a costume because he was his own separate character in Melee. I know, silly logic.

----

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Chrom: Only thing that interests me is to see how Sakurai would handle him since I'm sick and tired of all the *****ing and whining between Chrom supporters and Chrom detractors.
But everyone loves Fire Emblem discussions! They are totally meaningful and life-changing, promoting new and fresh subjects to discuss like civilized people!:troll:

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
...I just want Toad or Bowser Jr. for a 6th Mario character...

And don't want Dr. Mario as a costume because he was his own separate character in Melee. I know, silly logic.

----
But u gotta admit Dr. Mario does look like a costume for Mario to begin with. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The next Mario newcomer will be Toad just to screw with our 'logic'. :troll:

I won't mind it by the way.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
How the hell did fire emblem series get into Super smash bros in the first place. lol
I don't like any of those fire emblem games and they weren't that popular until they came in smash melee.
If anyone knows please do tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom