• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Okay...

Here's an interesting question for you all.

There are some characters that the majority think have no chance but would love to see.

Who do you think those characters are?

Personally, I think Kamek, Bandana Dee (Don't kill me Chandelure), Dillon and Chibi-Robo fall in this category.
I would love to see Waluigi, Daisy, Rouge the Bat, Optimus Prime (Don't laugh), Heavy Weapons Guy, Achmed Khan, and Bowser Jr.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay...

There are some characters that the majority think have no chance but would love to see.

Personally, I think Kamek, Bandana Dee (Don't kill me Chandelure), Dillon and Chibi-Robo fall in this category.
It would be pretty awesome to have Megaman and Bass both in a fighting game. So he'd be my first choice. Since we're being unrealistic and such.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Okay...

Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, KOS-MOS, Amaterasu, Bayonetta, Dante, Vyse, NiGHTS, Raiden, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Marina Liteyears, Shantae, Zael, Aeron, The Wonderful 100, T. Rex, Bisharp, Flygon, Azumarill, Metal Face, Reyn, Fiora, Sukapon, Mike Anderson, Dillon, Wolf Link, Chef Kawasaki, Adeleine, Daroach, King Boo, Fawful, Sothe, Michaiah, Lanky Kong, Porky, Pyrrhon, Phosphora.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wonder Red and Aeron would be awesome. Just saying.

Banjo too. But they're beyond impossible for right now.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Well considering I just started a full day Sandbag talk, let me try something else.

If you could have a roster of 78 characters in Smash, what would it be?
Note that the rules required for Smash don't apply, so 4th parties are allowed.

DO IT NOW!!!!

I forogt mii D:

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, KOS-MOS, Amaterasu, Bayonetta, Dante, Vyse, NiGHTS, Raiden, Dr. Eggman, Knuckles, Marina Liteyears, Shantae, Zael, Aeron, The Wonderful 100/Wonder Red, Fossil Fighter, T. Rex, Bisharp, Flygon, Azumarill, Metal Face, Reyn, Fiora, Sukapon, Wolf Link, Chef Kawasaki, Adeleine, Daroach, King Boo, Fawful, Sothe, Michaiah, Lanky Kong, Porky, Pyrrhon.
Also any forth party.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I can't tell if Wonder Red has a decent chance or not.

And I am not sure about Aeron, since Shulk seems more likely as a "Operation Rainfall" rep, if that is a valid term.

And don't get me started on Banjo.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

The margin of chance difference between Banjo and Wonder Red/Aeron is about the difference between the weights of a proton and a neutron. Meaning a lot. Because Banjo is quite literally impossible unless Nintendo bought back Rare or the rights to those characters.

Wonder Red actually has a better shot than some characters, but then again the game is rather recent.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Yeah, comparing Banjo to Wonder Red or Aeron is kinda off, because the latter do have some sort of a chance, however slim it may be.

?????????????

Smash Master
Banjo isn't necessarily impossible, seeing as two Banjo-Kazooie games were released for handheld Nintendo titles after Microsoft purchased RARE.

D

Deleted member

As much as a Shadow fan I am, I'm not signing it.

Not only is Sonic not in need of 3 fighters, but if there were three, it should be the classic trio of Sonic/Tails/Boom Knuckles, not the "Next Gen" trio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Petitions are probably the stupidest thing someone can do to get their way for this game. Like Sakurai is going to look at a petition to add another SONIC character.
Not signing.
To be completely honest, I didn't make this petition, and I understand that Sakurai is unlikely to see this, but no, the addition of another sonic character is by no means as impossible as you think.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be completely honest, I didn't make this petition, and I understand that Sakurai is unlikely to see this, but no, the addition of another sonic character is by no means as impossible as you think.
No, it more has to do with the pessimism of third party characters in general (we were lucky to even get Sonic), the fact that development is way too far along, and I'd rather have Dr. Eggman, Tails, or Knuckles over Shadow and Silver anyway.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As much as a Shadow fan I am, I'm not signing it.

Not only is Sonic not in need of 3 fighters, but if there were three, it should be the classic trio of Sonic/Tails/Boom Knuckles, not the "Next Gen" trio.
I only signed it because of Shadow, I don't see Silver coming in.
No, it more has to do with the pessimism of third party characters in general (we were lucky to even get Sonic), the fact that development is way too far along, and I'd rather have Dr. Eggman, Tails, or Knuckles over Shadow and Silver anyway.
I only signed for Shadow's favor, I know they're third party, but that only means we are getting two sonic characters maximum.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Why would we get two Sonic characters? He's a GUEST character, he's not a Nintendo franchise. Like Xeno said we're lucky we got Sonic. Development is way too far along, and Sakurai said himself he's not gonna add third parties "willy-nilly".

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Why would we get two Sonic characters? He's a GUEST character, he's not a Nintendo franchise. Like Xeno said we're lucky we got Sonic. Development is way too far along, and Sakurai said himself he's not gonna add third parties "willy-nilly".
I still think the golden rule of 1 slots per company is in effect. It's a special case for each one.

Now, I could go and compare it to Pac-Man's apparant case with Namco, but there's other issues Sakurai has explicitly stated about..

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This thread has gone to hell. We're actually talking about Boom Knuckles. But I'll admit I'd dropkick a guy for another Capcom character.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Okay...

For me it will be Kalas from Baten Kaitos, Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, King from Little King's Story, Bomberman from Bomberman, Crono from Chrono Trigger, Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Donbe and Hikari from Shin Onigashima and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He was only a guest character in Brawl, it doesn't matter that he's not a Nintendo franchise, he's the third party franchise that Nintendo recognizes the most, and SEGA obviously didn't regret Sonic in Smash. And no, development means nothing in this case. Lastly, Sakurai not adding third party characters "willy-nilly" does not make a second sonic representative impossible, it only means two sonic characters maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom