• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Oh Tingle, I wish I knew how to quit you~

I could definitely see him happening though, and not just because I support him. Every character choice so far has gotten people talking and in many cases, the characters have practically gone viral online (Mega Man and Little Mac being sensations due to being fan-favourites, and Wii Fit Trainer/Villager are currently the underdog favourites of social networking sites like Tumblr). Say what you will about Tingle, but he definitely has the Water-Cooler Effect backing him up in spades - if he was announced for Smash 4, he'd generate an interest media stir and people would be discussing his inclusion for weeks.

All publicity is good publicity. They can't always go for the unusual choices but as long as they back it up with popular choices like Isaac, Ridley and Palutena, I could definitely see Tingle coming as another wild-card character.
Lord help me, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Tingle. What's wrong with me?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So if Sakurai had a FE criteria, do you think it would help Chrom's chances, or would it be implying on Roy? :smirk:

To me that PKMN criteria statement alone tells me were going to get a PKMN newcomer.
It says nothing about something being new. Just in the spotlight. No matter how you slice it, Mewtwo is by far more important, iconic, popular, and in the latest movie. Not to mention he was a big part of marketing for X and Y.

Roy is not in the spotlight. Chrom is. There's a clear difference.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Roy's best chances are, IMO, a larger then expected roster (50+), an announcement that his game is being remade (which is a decent possibility), or as post release DLC. Just my opinion on the matter, and I'm someone that actually wants him back.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No this is the perfect place to post this, also I like that idea
Oh, good, and thank you. :) Also, thank you @Staarih

Some more, then.

Villager = many options for this one... gets carried to the battlefield on a carpet of bees. By Spaceship. Or, most logical, by taxie. ^^
Wii-Fit Trainer = Is already standing on the battlefield, in full training for the battle.
Little Mac = Runs in in his pink working clothes (throwing it off when it starts), with what's-he's-called, the black trainer riding the bike in front of him. He gives Mac some random advice depending on who Mac meets in the battle.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lord help me, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Tingle. What's wrong with me?
It means you have begun to develop a fine taste in characters. :p I think Tingle is the next Zelda character to add, biggest competitor being Toon Zelda.

I honestly don't care about a Fire Emblem newcomer at this point, despite the large space they collectively occupy on my sig. Just give me Ike and I'll be set.

Though if I had to order them by preference,
Lyn > Roy > Anna > Robin > Chrom > Others

Ordering by chance,
Chrom >= Roy > Robin >= Lyn > Others

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know if I want Tingle so much as I wouldn't mind him.

My most wanted character's prior to e3 were:

1. Megaman
2. Ridley
3. Little Mac
4. Palutena or Medusa (Hades would be acceptable as well)
5. An Animal Crossing Rep
6. Takamaru
7. A new Fire Emblem Rep
8. A new DK Rep
9. Shulk
10. Isaac

So far I'm pretty happy, if two more of these characters are revealed soon I'll be at 50% and I'll consider it a win.

D

Deleted member

Might as well call this board the Official Zelda and Fire Emblem Character Discussion Thread at this rate....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It says nothing about something being new. Just in the spotlight. No matter how you slice it, Mewtwo is by far more important, iconic, popular, and in the latest movie. Not to mention he was a big part of marketing for X and Y.

Roy is not in the spotlight. Chrom is. There's a clear difference.
Agreed, even so, I'm not super confident in Mewtwo to be honest with ya.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
How about we spice it up? Let's say a galactic tear occured next to earth, which sucked in everything into a new dimension, and brought us to a place where everything seemed the same, exept one huge difference- Sonic is owned by Nintendo. If this was a thing, and we were to get a new Sonic rep, who would you want it to be, and why?

I'll start off, Tails. While I love Knuckles, it seems like we'd be seeing the trusting Sidekick over the compitent rival. Plus, I think Tails would bring more to the party.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How about we spice it up? Let's say a galactic tear occured next to earth, which sucked in everything into a new dimension, and brought us to a place where everything seemed the same, exept one huge difference- Sonic is owned by Nintendo. If this was a thing, and we were to get a new Sonic rep, who would you want it to be, and why?

I'll start off, Tails. While I love Knuckles, it seems like we'd be seeing the trusting Sidekick over the compitent rival. Plus, I think Tails would bring more to the party.
Tails. Then Eggman. That would be enough for me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Tails > Eggman/Robotnik > Knuckles >>> Amy > Shadow >>>>> Everyone else.
The five listed are the only deserving and the last 2 is a major stretch and probably will never happen, even in this kind of a situation. Knuckles is less than or equal to Eggman as it wouldn't be that odd to see Knuckles first, but Eggman is a more likely option.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Let's discuss possible total revamps for veterans like the Baby Mario + Yoshi duo or Trident Ganon. :p
Baby Mario would be nothing but a cosmetic change. And a bad one at that.

I'd also rather see Ganon as a transformation or an additional character than as a replacement for Ganondorf.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Goku :lucario:
Freezer :150:
Vegeta?
Vegeta? That's Raditz and you know it.

Here's Vegeta:
Hair's close enough anyway.

Tails is the option here. He is the most different from Sonic(apart from Eggman), whilst still retaining a lot of importance to the series and being hugely popular. From my own personal point of view Tails was the very first video game character I ever played(a friend had Sonic 2 and invited me to play multiplayer) so Tails has a special nostalgia place in my heart.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm confused. Why always Tails?

What about Blaze?

**** the others,Blaze is truly worthy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If somehow two Sonic characters were to happen, Tails is the only reasonable choice. Not that I want him in the slightest, but if he happened, that old Melee April Fool's Joke may actually become a reality, years and years later.

?????????????

Smash Master
New prediction roster:
Don't mind me. :p
The lack of a DK newcomer at all is kinda surprising to me. Not that it's a necessity.

I completely disagree with Wolf over Falco.

I highly doubt that any of the "Original 12" would realistically be cut, but I don't mind your choices for that.

I think Eevee Trainer and Chrom+Lucina are weird.

I find Nook and Kawashima a bit bizarre, but not totally without merit.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Clearly the best option is Boom Knuckles.
Can we just call him Buckles for convenience?

Blaze won't be in because she's purple.

That's a damn shame.
I find this ironic considering Mega Mewtwo Y has a distinctive lack of purple. They share the English VA, for those who don't know.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The lack of a DK newcomer at all is kinda surprising to me. Not that it's a necessity.

I completely disagree with Wolf over Falco.

I highly doubt that any of the "Original 12" would realistically be cut, but I don't mind your choices for that.

I think Eevee Trainer and Chrom+Lucina are weird.

I find Nook and Kawashima a bit bizarre, but not totally without merit.
Don't forget the 5 Third Parties XD

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Eevee Trainer...your new character obsession? What happened to the Koppai Captains and Nintendog? :p

-----
Nintendog is dead, and I realized that the Koppai Captains are already too complicated to work, especially if he's working on Ridley (A very hard character to develop). But it doesn't mean the idea can't work. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom